Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Draxlin
Stats: 327/260/220
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Nice long thread here. I just wanted to clear something up someone mentioned about the calorie restriction on HCG. This diet doesn't screw you up to where you can only have 500 calories a day the rest of your life. This diet helps to reset your caloric requirements. That's what a person is doing during their post cycle (resetting the hypothalamus gland). I've even heard of some people who are at a daily intake of 3000 calories at post cycle with no weight gain!

Last edited by Draxlin; 11-08-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Draxlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #32
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I think you're all ganging up on Pam without understanding her objection.

You continually cite the fact that Genea's doctor put her on HCG even though she's hypothyroid. But when I read her original post, it seems as though he 'changed' her thyroid meds and put her on HCG at the same time.

From my perspective (Hashimoto's), that's not good medicine. If she had difficulty losing weight, it's quite possible that her sole problem was that her thyroid meds needed to be adjusted. If my T3 goes too low, I cannot lose weight (and I'm not talking about outside the range; only below half of the range). If it goes even lower, I will gain, regardless of how little I eat.

As Pam points out, for a hypo, the priority should always be optimizing meds. The dosage can only be ascertained as optimal after testing, and then it might take a little while for the loss to begin. So adding HCG while also changing the thyroid meds seems quite premature. Genea may have comfortably lost weight once her meds were optimized.

Those of us who frequent this board know that Pam has knowledge and good sense about thyroid issues. We also know from reading others' posts that there are more doctors who are incompetent in treating thyroid than there are good practitioners.

Pam took the trouble to survey reliable doctors she knows about HCG, but no one seems to want to credit her information. She's not criticizing the HCG protocol in itself (as I read her posts), but cautioning about its use with hypothyroid--which was the OP's question.

I think it's time for this thread to be over.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #33
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
Thanks Leo...and after getting more than fifteen doctors (all endocrinologists) from all over the USA returning my queries and questions....I'm now well versed on the HCG protocol (and well versed on the dangers of it for those with autoimmune Hashmoto's).

Yep...it's over for me, I've got my questions answered by professionals ... and I hope folks stop jumping to conclusions.

As always..I'll still be plugging away at my favorite choice of volunteerism...and that happens to be thyroid patient advocation.......

Pam
nonstickpam107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lowCHOdoc
More information about Hashimoto's and HCG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneaX1 View Post
FYI, I have Hashimoto's and it was my thyroid doctor who put me on the hcg protocol. I've done really well on it and if anything my thyroid levels have improved. I actually had a thyroidectomy a few years ago and am taking both t3/t4. It hasn't been an issue.
I would like to find out more about HCG and thyroiditis, GeneaX1 can you refer me to your doctor for information about this? I am a doctor would like more clarification.
lowCHOdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I think you're all ganging up on Pam without understanding her objection.

You continually cite the fact that Genea's doctor put her on HCG even though she's hypothyroid. But when I read her original post, it seems as though he 'changed' her thyroid meds and put her on HCG at the same time.

From my perspective (Hashimoto's), that's not good medicine. If she had difficulty losing weight, it's quite possible that her sole problem was that her thyroid meds needed to be adjusted. If my T3 goes too low, I cannot lose weight (and I'm not talking about outside the range; only below half of the range). If it goes even lower, I will gain, regardless of how little I eat.

As Pam points out, for a hypo, the priority should always be optimizing meds. The dosage can only be ascertained as optimal after testing, and then it might take a little while for the loss to begin. So adding HCG while also changing the thyroid meds seems quite premature. Genea may have comfortably lost weight once her meds were optimized.

Those of us who frequent this board know that Pam has knowledge and good sense about thyroid issues. We also know from reading others' posts that there are more doctors who are incompetent in treating thyroid than there are good practitioners.

Pam took the trouble to survey reliable doctors she knows about HCG, but no one seems to want to credit her information. She's not criticizing the HCG protocol in itself (as I read her posts), but cautioning about its use with hypothyroid--which was the OP's question.

I think it's time for this thread to be over.

Thanks for being brave and speaking the truth. I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 View Post
Thanks Leo...and after getting more than fifteen doctors (all endocrinologists) from all over the USA returning my queries and questions....I'm now well versed on the HCG protocol (and well versed on the dangers of it for those with autoimmune Hashmoto's).

Yep...it's over for me, I've got my questions answered by professionals ... and I hope folks stop jumping to conclusions.

As always..I'll still be plugging away at my favorite choice of volunteerism...and that happens to be thyroid patient advocation.......

Pam
You go Pam!! We love you and this board would be lost without you! As we all know far too well you can lead a horse to water but you can not make her drink.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eeyore68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBW View Post
Does anybody know if the hCG Diet is safe for people with hypothyroidism?
I'm late getting to this. I would like to know, if you're still around, what you found out and decided to do.

I have done the HCG diet 4 times in the last year or so. I have had chronic health problems all my life and definitive diagnoses have sometimes been difficult, suffice to say I have chronic fatigue, depression, autonomic nervous system dysfunction. The last few years my symptoms have gotten worse. And new ones are showing up. Everyone would say it sounded like thyroid but blood tests were normal.

I have always gained weight very guickly, and to lose it is obviously much more difficult than for the average person. But, I have been able to keep myself from becoming obese through dieting for years. Dieting seemed to always make me feel more fatigued, scatter-brained, and weak. But I'm not obese, so... (whenever I meet women with the same or similar autonomic problems I have - they are almost always obese).

When doing the HCG, I noticed I felt better than...well I ever have. When I am on HCG, even when only on 500 calories per day, I feel almost normal. I guess, I dont know what normal feels like, but it must be close. It is the opposite of how I feel when on a colorie reducing diet without the HCG. However unlike most people I've talked to who did the diet, I experience hunger. I talked to my doctor about how much better I feel on HCG and he said that he could see how that might happen. He is going to note it in my chart and suggest other patients try...possible leading to a study on the effects of hcg on people with chronic fatigue and/or dysautonomia.

Well, here is the kicker. I had a blood test done 10 days ago. Then I started my fourth round of HCG 5 days later. After starting the HCG (and the 500 calorie diet) I got a call saying my thyroid levels were "high".

If I have hypothyroidism that would explain most of my symptoms, but not why I have had them all my life. But could explain why they have gotten so much worse in the last few years.

I see the doctor Tuesday, but since I'm on the HCG I am feeling good again.

I can't wait to see what he says about the HCG and thyroid. I'll post again here afterwords just in case anyone is still around.
Eeyore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
I'd suggest going to the HCG thread and asking there since this particular thread stopped over a year ago. There may be some answers there:

HCG Diets - Low Carb Friends

Last edited by watcher513; 01-15-2011 at 04:11 PM..
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Thanks I will. I didn't know if posibly this forum would send an email notice to the OP if there was a reply and I could find out what happened. But, anyway, I'll go and find the thryoid forum.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You could also click on the particular person's name and send them a personal message (PM), that way they'd get it for sure. They just need to be here longer than 30 days and have, I believe, more than 30 posts, which shows under their screen name.

You're in the Thyroid Forum.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Augirl
Quote:
What if this IS the 'way to go' back then but other consequences have changed that for the worse? You're talking 40 days and I'm talking a LIFETIME of trying to get an autoimmune disease treated. If someone would have told me 30 years ago that my little diet excursions would give me an autoimmune disease that would have led to others, I would have thought much more carefully about it.

Just questions. Not getting many answers though. If you all are this knowledgeable about it, then I'm thinking you may have ready access to the info we need to protect ourselves against any more of us triggering autoimmune disease. When you talk about hormones, you have to consider what might happen. Did Dr. S write about how this would trigger TPO antibodies (prolly not).

Pam
Having suffered with hypothyroidism/Hashi's and finally got myself optimized, clearly Pam makes some very valid points here, and she took the time to survey doctors, research, and share. The idea that LC for 6 months without any success is indicative of the necessity of using a diet protocol without any research to back it is plain suspect. Having a doctor that prescribes hcg is meaningless to me; I saw a plethora of "expert" doctors for over three years that told me my thyroid was just hunky dory! Not sure what caused a perfectly healthy person like me to suffer with extreme symptoms of hypothyroidism, but I would not for one minute, knowing what I know, succumb to a diet so low in calories coupled with hormones that are present in high levels during pregnancy. Because of Pam and others on this site, I was finally able to receive the appropriate treatment for my thyroid, but it is a daily struggle in which I need to do the right things, which include eating to live (and the weight didn't come off until I was optimized). Pam has been there, done that, and seen that over her 25 years helping others. I know that I am one of the many that respect her for her analytical thinking and determinism to help others.
Augirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mermaid
Stats: 244/145 (highest weight ever 293)
WOE: HCG homeopathic Atkins/fat fast
Start Date: restart 12/24/13
Very interesting discussion. Eyeore, I would love to hear more of your experiences.

I just want to let people know that you don't need to stick to 500 calories when doing HCG. Many people are finding their own groove and doing very well on a variety of plans, even including just plain old Atkins. The HCG just seems to help the process along no matter what weight loss program you follow. I'm liking it so far now that my calories are between 600 and 1,000 instead of 500. I'm adding more fat and protein and not eating fruit or bread sticks.

I saw that Mary Shomon is open-minded so far about HCG, although I have not read the details. I just saw her refer to it as a weight loss option a few times.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

I dunno what to tell you Mermaid except that I've never felt as good as I did while taking HCG. More energy and less GI and cognitive problems mainly.

When on HCG I definately lost weight differently than when dieting without it. The weight came off in the hard to lose areas. The last time I did it when I got up to 6 punds lost, my husband came home and was shocked. He said I looked like I lost 20 pounds overnight. I think that is because I only lost the abnormal stubborn fat, not the necessary fat that protects our organs etc. That is what they claim happens and based on my experience alone, I believe it. I didn't feel weak or lightheaded.

As far as keeping it off, I haven't been great at that, but no different than any other time I've lost weight in the last 20 years. I just didn't really follow through with the plan after going off the HCG. That is the problem with ALL diet plans for me, I'm a foodie and I dont keep them up indefinately. So I yo-yo, and I'm ok with that, especially now that research has shown it's not harmful like they once thought.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I am doing the hcg diet as well as am hypothyroid. I am now losing weight!! Thank God is all I can say. Nothing else I was doing was working so this saved me. I love the hcg diet and what it has done for me.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachelwright
Stats: 175/130
WOE: organic, GFCF, no grains
Hi, I am new here and really appreciate the information on hypothyroidism and the HCG diet. I have Hashimoto's and adrenal insuffiency that have been recently diagnosed. I have some cognitive impairment at this time and so I was hoping that I could possibly get a response from Eyore68 and dawnyama and all other folks who have found the HCG diet beneficial.

I too have felt much better when I did not eat for 2-3 days (due to the flu) and I am intrigued that the thyroid hormone levels tested higher for you. My doctor said that he was not surprised that I felt better after not eating for a few days (despite the illness) and this was due to the fact that so much energy is used up in digestion. But now I am wondering if if was not due to T3 optimization. I want to rule that out.

Presently I am gaining weight with no end in sight ( 175 lbs) and I am 5 6" and my normal weight is 130. this weight has slowly increased since about 6 months after giving birth, which was 4 years ago. I had a a textbook pregnancy weight gain of 25 pounds and lost it all except for 4 pounds and then starting 6 months later the slow weight gain of about 12 pounds a year. But, my thyroid condition was undiagnosed until about 6 months ago. I eat organically, low carb, no dairy, no sugar, no refined foods, so it's so frustrating this has nothing to do with my diet.

If the HCG diet possibly affects thyroid hormone levels while on the diet I would really like to know, and would really like to know everyone's experiences in this regard. Thanks, Rachel
Rachelwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rachel, can you share all your thyroid labs with us possibly?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Sure, my labs are:
TSH 1.51 Range is 0.27 - 4.5
Thyroidperoxidase Ab 144 Range is <9 positive for Hashimoto's
Thyroglobulin Ab 21 Range is <4 positive for Hashimoto's
Free T4 1.4 Range 0.9-1.7 ng/ml
Free T3 3.17 Range 2.57-4.43 pg/ml
Total T3 1.0 Range 0.8-2.0
reverse T3 24 Range 11-32 ng/dL
Reverse T3 Ratio (calculated): 13 Range is 20 or above* result: HIGH reverseT3 ratio to freeT3.

Because of the high ratio of reverseT3 to freeT3, the T3 I have does not get to the receptors, as they are filled already with reverse T3. I can not take T4 either in synthetic or natural forms, as this converts to more reverse T3 in my case. I felt horrible on Synthroid or Armour thyroidf ro the very short time I was given them. I am now being treated with T3 only (Cytomel) and am finding improvement. But I have had to go slow on starting the Cytomel because my adrenals were so impoverished, (diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency). I am taking Hydrocortisone to support my adrenals and this has been a huge necessary step as I could not tolerate at all any dose of T3 at the beginning. Also I felt like I was dying before starting the HC. Once I had enough hydrocortisone I could slowly work my way up the dose of T3. I started HC 2/4/11 and the T3 2/14/11. I could not even take a negligible dose of T3 until about 6 weeks after commencing HC.

At this point I am not yet taking the recommended dose of 100-125 mc daily of T3, I am at about 85, but am working my way up.

I am still quite fatigued but at least with the increased T3 I can go the whole day without needing to actually stop moving my body and lay down due to the feeling that I did not have enough energy to move around.

Just to put it out there I do suspect Chronic fatigue is part of this as I had some exposure to viruses and pathogens while working at a major diagnostic labs company and parasitic exposure while abroad in Central America 20 years ago. Hopefully this fatigue is only thyroid related, and maybe I have not yet worked up to my optimal dose of T3, but it may be more complex in my situation too.

Thanks for taking a look at my labs, I really appreciate the feedback and support.
Rachel
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelwright View Post
Hi, I am new here and really appreciate the information on hypothyroidism and the HCG diet. I have Hashimoto's and adrenal insuffiency that have been recently diagnosed. I have some cognitive impairment at this time and so I was hoping that I could possibly get a response from Eyore68 and dawnyama and all other folks who have found the HCG diet beneficial.

If the HCG diet possibly affects thyroid hormone levels while on the diet I would really like to know, and would really like to know everyone's experiences in this regard. Thanks, Rachel
I have adrenal fatigue as well as hypothyroidism. But not Hashi's. My test show that. I was diagnosed with those conditions, as well as other hormone troubles, 2 years ago. I have only been treated for the thyroid for about 6 months though. I have lost weight on the hcg without being on the Armour for thyroid, so I wouldn't know about using the meds and Hhcg. I started that in Oct of 2010 and am still doing well!! I have used the homeopathic hcg for all of my weight loss and all I can say is that it works!!! It really worked when nothing else did. I was like you--gaining weight with no end in sight. I didn't have to worry about my meds while on the hcg though. My doctor is a DO as well as an MD and had me take supplements for both conditions instead of going the traditional medicine route. When she finally relented and wanted me to start the Armour I agreed. I know that I need to have a higher dose, because what I am on is not working but I have not yet made that appointment yet.

There are those in the hcg forum that have Hashi's and are doing the hcg plan. You should check out our forum here:

HCG Diets - Low Carb Friends

And the thyroid thread here:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...hyroidism.html

You will see responses from those that have actually done the program!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the reply, I will check out the other threads.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdmango
Thyroid question

Hi I'm new here and can't seem to find an answer to my question.
I'm hypo thyroid and take levoxyl, when do you take your meds when on hcg? I plan on starting my load days this weekend. I read somewhere to rake your medication several hours before the drops. Just looking for some answers. Thanks for any help.
Birdmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #50
Senior LCF member

You might get your answer by posting on the HCG thread (under "Other Plans') where there are people actually doing the HCG protocol.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmango View Post
Hi I'm new here and can't seem to find an answer to my question.
I'm hypo thyroid and take levoxyl, when do you take your meds when on hcg? I plan on starting my load days this weekend. I read somewhere to rake your medication several hours before the drops. Just looking for some answers. Thanks for any help.
Yes, you do need to post over on the hcg forum. The links are above in my other post Take your meds 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after dosing with your homeopathic hcg. Actually, that is the window you need for anything BY MOUTH with the homeopathic hcg, that includes water, coffee, tea, toothbrushing, food, etc.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetbiella
Stats: 147/128-ish/115
WOE: HCG
Start Date: July 2011
Quote:

Pam
Hi I've been reading some of your posts and I think I'm gonna agree with you. I started HCG 6 days ago and now I'm down 5 pounds. I started having heart palpitations and started researching. A woman from this site mentioned something dealing with Hyperthyroid it occurred after she started taking HCG...hers occurred later than mine. There was also another girl that replied saying she's going through the same thing. This led me to conclusion that I also probably have hyperthyroid problems. Also on some Facebook page some people were asking about their hair loss while taking HCG and I researched to find out that having hyperthyroid can cause that so I assumed that person has it without realizing it. So yeah...I just wanted to say you're probably right with what you've been saying. But at the same time I guess HCG does work but can come with a price.
sweetbiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #53

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
hair ,loss also happens after pregnancy too when the HCG leaves your system does not necessarily mean you are hypothyriod
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #54

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
when my estrogen is low, my hair comes out. when i switch my thyroid medication, my hair comes out.
changes in any of the hormones can cause hairloss as well as a poor diet.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #55
Do you know your CCLL?

Gallery: 2bflawless
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
when my estrogen is low, my hair comes out. when i switch my thyroid medication, my hair comes out.
changes in any of the hormones can cause hairloss as well as a poor diet.
2bflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetbiella
Stats: 147/128-ish/115
WOE: HCG
Start Date: July 2011
I think I've just been having panic attacks cause I was having irregular heart beats. I haven't seen any doctor but I'm sure it's something to deal with anxiety. There's nothing that I'm worried about in my life to cause anxiety it's just every time I think maybe I have this problem...the anxiety comes. So basically my anxiety is caused because I think I have anxiety. So maybe I don't have hypothyroid problem.
sweetbiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbiella View Post
Hi I've been reading some of your posts and I think I'm gonna agree with you. I started HCG 6 days ago and now I'm down 5 pounds. I started having heart palpitations and started researching. A woman from this site mentioned something dealing with Hyperthyroid it occurred after she started taking HCG...hers occurred later than mine. There was also another girl that replied saying she's going through the same thing. This led me to conclusion that I also probably have hyperthyroid problems. Also on some Facebook page some people were asking about their hair loss while taking HCG and I researched to find out that having hyperthyroid can cause that so I assumed that person has it without realizing it. So yeah...I just wanted to say you're probably right with what you've been saying. But at the same time I guess HCG does work but can come with a price.
I have hypothyroidism (being treated with Armour) and do not have any hair loss while on hcg. I also have no heart issues while on or off the hcg. We are all individuals and need to take into consideration our health issues with any diet plan. I have been doing this hcg plan as outlined by Dr Simeon's for 2 years now---but in the phases as outlined by the good doctor himself (Dr Simeons). So my actual time on the homeopathic hcg has not been for 2 years straight. I have lost weight when on any other plan it was impossible to lose weight. I am very thankful to hcg and Dr Simeon's for coming up with this plan.

The problem with thyroid issues is that they mimic so many other things. It is hard to get a handle on what it could be causing those issues. I thought I had a thyroid problem so went to a doctor about it. She insisted that I had adrenal fatigue and NOT hyopthyroidism. Despite my family history of thyroid issues. She did the test and was correct in that I had adrenal fatigue, but I do have thyroid issues as well. So I wish you well in finding out what you indeed have and are experiencing.

Last edited by dawnyama; 07-27-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
Good day everyone! I know this is an old thread but thought I'd revive it. I read all of the information here months ago actually. As a Hashi's sufferer, I didn't want to do anything to make my problem worse. One thing, well, two things I notice missing from this thread as to why we get Hashi's. I tend to believe that 1) since my mother, brother, sister, and I have it, it is definitely something hereditary. I also believe that 2) eating genetically modified wheat in many cases is likely what actually triggered it. This is a very good article on that if anyone hasn't read it!

Three Hidden Ways Wheat Makes You Fat | Dr. Mark Hyman

I'd also like support in my decision to try the Hcg. I have 25 pounds to lose so I am now doing the three week weight loss regimen. I am a retired fitness professional (actually, I trained other trainers conducting workshops over much of the eastern seaboard for over 20 years.) I have really struggled with this weight for two years. I DO plan to supplement heavily supplement, regardless of what the Dr. Simeon's original protocol calls for. We know much more about nutrition now than we did back then AND we have things like ******! I think a few "modern tweaks" on the weight loss plan are indeed necessary to do it safely. I also think it is best to "cycle" the weight loss in three week increments (three weeks on, then three weeks in maintenance) to stabilize and to do it safely. This could take years! But for some of us, it may be a way to reach your weight loss goal when you have already tried more conventional methods and the didn't work! One has to remember, when the throid is "broken" is is going to be hard to do a basic "burn off more than you eat" equation or "take in carbs under 20 grams and exercise." Neither worked for me and man am I frustrated! Facing 50 and menopause.....No! This weight must go!!!!

Also, if a person isn't already genetically predisposed, I have a difficult time believing that three weeks of any "diet" however restrictive, without Hcg could make them positive for this disease. For those of us that are, I definitely agree with Pam on some of the possible triggers. Others I think are 1. Pesticides (as in, we used to chase the mosquito trucks as children on our bikes for some weird reason!) and 2. Exposure to heavy metals (mercury in our mouths, flouride in our drinking water, etc!) in addition to having nutritional defiencies from the genetically modified wheat that has messed up our immune systems (by that I mean our colon permeability.)

I really hope this works for me. Both my parents (though in their 80's) are diabetic. The article I shared FINALLY made her reconsider that wheat was bad for her. I am also going to share the fact that I am doing HcG with my endo next week. Pam, she is listed as one of the "Top Thyroid Docs" on Mary Shomon's list. She has many, many reviews also and it takes months to get to see her. I will come back and tell you all honestly what she says about it.

Angie
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
Senior LCF member

Angie-
Although hypothyroid and post-menopausal, I lost about 200 lbs without resorting to extremes like HCG. In fact, I lost close to 60 lbs when I had severe hypo symptoms but was undiagnosed, thanks to my dense PCP.

Was it easy? Nothing worthwhile ever is, but I regarded it as a problem to be solved--and I solved it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
Hey Leo...

Please....if you will.....tell me exactly what you did. I have been doing the protocol, logged into ****** every single bite, gave up a LOT more than food too hoping for "something" to happen. One week into this, I am down 1/2 of a pound.

I am willing to try anything. I am probably giving up on the Hcg for myself (though, it is working for my husband!)
Discouraging to say the least. I know many proponents would say to "check your measurements" etc. but most people would see a huge drop in at least some water weight!!! I must not be one of them. This must not work for "everyone" like the ads claim.....or like so many others claim......AND I am looking haggard. Oh well!

Last edited by Aeroangie; 03-12-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote