Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Website/Technical Issues > Suggestions for the Webmaster
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Godslamb
Stats: 221/221/150
WOE: low carb high fat
Start Date: January 9 2014
How to search?

Hi,
I have tried in vain to search this site. Either I am doing it wrong, or it is harder than I thought, or something. IE: I tried to search for shepherd's pie. I started by just searching under the search button in the user control panel (found out not to do the "Search Products" right away).
So then I tried the same thing with "Search Forums". Hmmm nothing. Then I noticed that they put a / in my words in the search box. I guess you aren't allowed ' as in shepherd's. So I tried it without. One recipe. So then I went into the recipe forums, went under "Beef and Lamb" and tried the search in that forum. One recipe, but spelled it Shepard. So, does it matter how you spell things to get a recipe? Some put shepherd, some put shepherd, some put shepherds, and I am sure there are other spellings. I know you all have some great Shepherd's Pie recipes here, but how do I find them?
Godslamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
When you click the "search" option, choose "advanced search" at the bottom and put it in like the image.
Exactly like the image.
That's how you search for 2 word phrases.

If you're looking for 1 word, but not sure if it's plural or not, you'd add a * as in:
shepard*
or
shepherd*

You may have to try several spellings because people do spell things differently

You might also try "cottage + pie" instead of shepherd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search.jpg (31.5 KB, 4 views)
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
here is a recipe for Shepherd's pie from Linda Sue's site.JOSIE'S SHEPHERD'S PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

JOSIE'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
4-6 pieces bacon, chopped
2 pounds ground beef
Small onion, chopped, 2.5 ounces
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon toasted onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
16 ounce package frozen green beans
16 ounce package frozen cauliflower
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chives, minced

In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain the fat. In a 7 1/2 x 11 3/4" baking dish, mix the hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders. Check the seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and half of the cheese. Spread over the bottom of a baking dish.

Meanwhile, in a medium pot, cook the green beans according to the package directions; drain well then return to the pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Season to taste with salt. Spread the beans over the meat layer. In the same pot, cook the cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well. Put the cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and the sour cream in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the chives and pulse to blend. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over the green beans. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350║ for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Makes 8 very generous servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 433 Calories; 31g Fat; 30g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

Added notes to original recipe from Linda Sue:
I tweaked this recipe from JosieL a bit to use two pounds of hamburger instead of 1 1/2 pounds, added extra cheese and used the whole bag of frozen green beans. Be sure to season each layer of the casserole well because it will be hard to add seasoning later. The original recipe was made in a 9x9" pan, but I didn't have one that size and 8x8" would be too small. I would not try using a 9x13"pan because the mashed "potatoes" and cheese would be spread too thinly. This is very homey, comfort food.

Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. (seen on Pinterest)
alassea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Godslamb
Stats: 221/221/150
WOE: low carb high fat
Start Date: January 9 2014
Thank you.
Godslamb is offline   Reply With Quote