Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Website/Technical Issues > Suggestions for the Webmaster
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: NuttyNeeta
Stats: 352/220/180
WOE: lowish carb, lowish calorie, lowish fat.
Start Date: 11/25/08
Cancer support board?

Was wondering since a few of us suffer from some form of cancer, could we have a cancer support group in the health section?

just a thought
NuttyNeeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Thank you for the suggestion, NuttyNeeta. We would consider creating a Cancer support group but have a few reservations:

1. We'd need to know there would be a high level of interest in a Cancer support group.

2. We would have to strongly emphasize that no medical advice can be asked for, or given. Per our Terms of Service, LCF members are not allowed to give or receive medical advice.

3. If we created the Cancer support group, would it be wise for us to "hide" the group so that only registered LCF members who are logged in can see the group. If it is not hidden, search engines and the entire world would be able to see members posts about their cancer issues. Members may not want this to be such a public group.

So, I'm looking for people to post here and let us know if this is a group that LCF members would be interested in.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: NuttyNeeta
Stats: 352/220/180
WOE: lowish carb, lowish calorie, lowish fat.
Start Date: 11/25/08
Should I ask people on the board I participate in if there would be interest and then maybe link to the page you need the responses? I think it would be great for those of us who suffer from various forms, some have Chrones, I have leukemia, some have breast, and people could ask questions, dietary needs, etc., and it'd help a lot.. i think.

Thanks for considering this.
NuttyNeeta is offline   Reply With Quote