Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Suggestions for the Webmaster (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/suggestions-webmaster/)
-   -   How to hide/block avatars? I can't find the directions. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/suggestions-webmaster/773486-how-hide-block-avatars-i-cant-find-directions.html)

Riatha 06-03-2012 12:03 PM

How to hide/block avatars? I can't find the directions.

I know there were directions once upon a time on how to hide specific avatars - the ones that move, etc. There are a couple that spin and move that kill my head and I wanted to hide them but can't find the directions. Can someone re-direct me to the instructions for how to block them?

I don't want to block ALL avatars, just specific ones/images.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

CurveControl 06-03-2012 12:06 PM

Control panel-edit options-you will find it there.

Riatha 06-03-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurveControl (Post 15698923)
Control panel-edit options-you will find it there.

Thanks!

The only thing I see there is how to block/hide ALL avatars. I don't want to do that, just one or two in particular that spin or move a lot (they really mess with my head and migraine issues).

I use the avatars a lot of times to know who the poster is without looking at the names on the post. I shouldn't identify people that way, but for some people who keep the same avatar a long time it really makes scanning the forums easier for me. :o

DeltaSierra 06-03-2012 12:35 PM

If you use Firefox - get the adblock plus extension , then mouse over the offending avatars and right-click and select "block image" and then when the dialogue box pops up, click the "custom" button at the bottom and then click the "Add filter" button. Just those ones will be added to your block list and not show up. I've had to do that with some animated ones on other forums that flash colours too fast as they can trigger a migraine for me too.

DavesGirl 06-03-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra (Post 15698963)
If you use Firefox - get the adblock plus extension , then mouse over the offending avatars and right-click and select "block image" and then when the dialogue box pops up, click the "custom" button at the bottom and then click the "Add filter" button. Just those ones will be added to your block list and not show up. I've had to do that with some animated ones on other forums that flash colours too fast as they can trigger a migraine for me too.

Good to know!

Riatha 06-03-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra (Post 15698963)

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed! :jumpjoy:

Sorry for not replying sooner. I took some maxalt and went to nap and "think" I beat off the migraine for now. Summer months seem to be the absolute worst for me. Ugh.

Riatha 07-12-2013 08:08 PM

I just upgraded my computer and LCF is the very first thing/forum I put back on it. This is the FIRST thing I went in search of. I cannot tell you how wonderful this information has been - time and again. Thank you once again!!!

DeltaSierra 07-12-2013 09:49 PM

So glad I was able to help :)