Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Website/Technical Issues > Suggestions for the Webmaster
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)

Members earn the ability to add a signature after they have been a member for 25 days and have 25 posts. Once you receive this option, here are some instructions on how to add a ticker. If you still have problems doing so, feel free to send me a PM or email me at cherilynn8@hotmail.com with your ticker link and I will be happy to add it in for you!!

The following are step by step instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature... You can do it two ways... Of course if you still have problems getting one into your signature spot you can always email me to help at cherilynn8@hotmail.com or contact the website.. We are always happy to help...

First of all go to the http://tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ti...ner.php?type=3 to create your ticker (They have step by step instructions there on how to make them.. Once you have your finished ticker on the page you will need to either right click on it and save it to your computer in your picture folder or grab the addy they provide. They provide several but here is the one you should pick.. pick the one on the bottom (http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...FcN/weight.png) No need to save the img tags.

Now you are ready to add your Ticker..

Go to your user control panel and click on edit signature.. Go to the Edit Signature Box Here you want to add [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] as in the following picture..

Next scroll down to the Signature Picture box.. Here you have two options.. Option one is adding the ticker with the http addy from the ticker site.. Option two is where you browse for your ticker if you saved it on your computer..

In option one add the http addy you get from the ticker factor site (it ends in png) As follows..

Then click Save Signature on the bottom of the page and it will add it to your signature..

In option two you will look for your ticker that you saved on your computer.. Click on browse.. find the ticker and click on the ticker so it highlights it..

=

and then click on open..

The ticker will go into the browse line as so..

Then click Save Signature..

It will add it to your signature spot..

I hope this helps...

Tip #1:

One thing I want to mention is the biggest error that people make is not having the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in their signature box.. without that the ticker will not show up.

Tip #2:

If your ticker turns black like the one in the following picture it means you are copying the wrong addy to paste into option 1.. Make sure you pick the one that ends in png.. It is the second one..

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catvz
Stats: 337|270|145
WOE: Protein Powder|Dr. Bernstein Mix
Start Date: February 2013
I feel silly, but I don't seem to have an edit signature box and have checked all the other options....:P
catvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Change made to Registered Users / Signatures

You will have that option after you've been registered for 25 days and have 25 posts
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catvz
Stats: 337|270|145
WOE: Protein Powder|Dr. Bernstein Mix
Start Date: February 2013
Gotcha! Sounds good! <3
catvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 235/207/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
I have over 25 posts and a member for over 25 days and I don't have a edit signature box. I'm at a loss right now
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hello,

I'm having a problem that my ticker shows up with the black background although I followed the directions exactly. I have tried both options only to get the same result. Help!!!

When I save the pic as an png on the computer, it looks fine. Just when it is uploaded in the signature, the background turns black???

Last edited by imgonadoit; 02-28-2014 at 09:36 PM..
imgonadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
It looks like it is working now.. Its hard to say why it turns back.. it does do that from time to time.. but not very often.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hi cheri, umm its actually not working as you can see. It looked like it was working before when I tried uploading the image save on my phone instead my conputer. But when i add the direct link it does this again. Why? Help!! What am i doing wrong???
imgonadoit is offline   Reply With Quote