Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
July challenge/support ~ Let's Do This!!

Good morning everyone! I'm commiting to losing some weight this month and sticking to plan!! Who's with me??
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: boisegirl
Stats: 229/175/150
Start Date: December 2013
Hi D2L--and all who are joining us. I am sticking to plan for the next 4 weeks. I am so close to a 40 pound loss (39.2)--I can see it but can't quite get there. Soooo I am with you for the month!!! Together LET'S LOSE IT!!!!
boisegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Hi ladies. I have not been posting much but I am going to write more for July. Congrats to you both for sticking to plan.... I am going to lose the last 5 lbs this month. End of story!

117 today.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Hi roomies...

I've been MIA for a long time but am back again for July and hope to hardcore it for the entire month!

Yesterday was a real wakeup call for me (went to a trendy new restaurant for lunch with my husband but couldn't fit into a booth so we had to sit at a table in the middle of the dining room which effectively killed the entire thrill of going)

Please people, help me stay accountable...I'm sooooo tired of being fat, not to mention my joints ache and my mobility is impaired...ughhhhhhh

After reading Cutescoot's posts about losing 49 pounds in 2 months, I am ready, willing and able...with y'all's help of course

FP
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me....Philipians 4:13
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Hi roomies...

I've been MIA for a long time but am back again for July and hope to hardcore it for the entire month!

Yesterday was a real wakeup call for me (went to a trendy new restaurant for lunch with my husband but couldn't fit into a booth so we had to sit at a table in the middle of the dining room which effectively killed the entire thrill of going)

Please people, help me stay accountable...I'm sooooo tired of being fat, not to mention my joints ache and my mobility is impaired...ughhhhhhh

After reading Cutescoot's posts about losing 49 pounds in 2 months, I am ready, willing and able...with y'all's help of course

FP
We *CAN* do this!! I did so good for so long and then lost it for pretty much the month of June. I need to be held accountable this month and stay on track. I've come too far to fall apart now! I started out Jan 27 at 269.9 pounds and as of this morning I'm at 199.8. I feel so much better (no more back pain, knee pain, shortness of breath, etc). Looking forward to a good loss this month (hoping for at least 15#).
Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisegirl View Post
Hi D2L--and all who are joining us. I am sticking to plan for the next 4 weeks. I am so close to a 40 pound loss (39.2)--I can see it but can't quite get there. Soooo I am with you for the month!!! Together LET'S LOSE IT!!!!
40 pounds...you're doing awesome!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi ladies. I have not been posting much but I am going to write more for July. Congrats to you both for sticking to plan.... I am going to lose the last 5 lbs this month. End of story!

117 today.
You can do it!! We're here for you!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
I've done Stillman's before and am in for the month of July!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Wow D2L...you've lost 70 pounds since January!!!!! You rock sistah!!!!!

Would you please tell me what your typical daily menu looks like?
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
Wow D2L...you've lost 70 pounds since January!!!!! You rock sistah!!!!!

Would you please tell me what your typical daily menu looks like?
I don't get very creative with Stillmans. I need instant gratification when I'm hungry so I've been sticking to easy stuff.

I typically eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast along with a huge iced coffee black with one Stevia packet. For lunch/dinner (actually whenever I get hungry because I'm more of a grazer than a meal eater) I eat chicken breast (seasoned), lean lunchmeat, lean burger patties, or lean grilled steak, etc. I try to stay away from dairy but if I'm feeling really deprived I will allow myself some lowfat cheese (part skim mozzarella or I found a string cheese that is only 50 calories per stick, 2g fat, and low carb). I snack on hb eggs as well. I drink a TON of water, one Diet Coke per day, and one black iced coffee w Stevia.
Also: I recently found a chicken sausage that is really good. The brand is Al Fresco...I get the italian one. I think it has 2g carbs. SO YUMMY!!
I'd like to get more creative with my menu but for now this works for me.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

I posted a recipe on June Challenge for make your own sausage using lean ground beef and spices. It's pretty good for a change. I eat eggs, turkey bacon, beef, chicken, cottage cheese mixed with Carbmaster yogurt with extra sweetener sprinkled in. Water Water Water, black coffee, and tea with sweetener and a splash of heavy cream. Good luck everyone and we shall encourage each other to do this. I WISH I loved fish--you lose faster when you eat fish but I can't stand anything from the ocean!!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sasperilla
Hi guys,

Think this might be my first post on LCF! Been lurking for years but think now is the time to get involved!

I am from the UK and I'm going on holiday to Turkey in September and I'd love to lose some (a lot) of weight.

I'm away on a mini break this weekend coming so know I won't stick to Stillmans during this time so I'm committing to starting on Tuesday 8th July. I will weigh in then and post my starting weight but thinking I need to lose about 3 stone (42lbs) eeek! Not expecting to lose all that before the holiday but hope to make a dent in it!

Will be following the thread with interest and wish us all luck!

Managed to get a used copy of the book so I'm off to have a read through that xx
sasperilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Saw this on an old post---I guess you could use FF cream cheese??? Then it would have way less fat!!!

BROWNIE MOCK DANISH
2 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
4 teaspoons granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 teaspoon cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a small, microwaveable bowl, soften the cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds. Beat well with a spoon until creamy. Add the egg and beat very well until creamy; blend in the remaining ingredients. Use a small rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all the batter is in the bottom. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; rotate the bowl and cook another 30 seconds. If the center still looks too runny, cook another 30 seconds. It may take up to 2 minutes total, depending on your microwave. The center should be a bit soft for the danish filling effect. Immediately, run a small rubber spatula around the danish, then under it to release it from the bowl. If you wait until it cools, it will be stuck to the bowl. Transfer to a small plate. Cool until just warm or cool completely before eating.

Makes 1 serving
Do not freeze

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 291 Calories; 25g Fat; 11g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 283 Calories; 25g Fat; 11g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Old 07-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

also found a recipe for 1 pkg sugar free Jello--sub 4-6 oz of FF cream cheese for the cold water. Blend and let set. I could get carried away with some of this stuff, but sometimes wouldn't be bad.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

D2L!!!!!! 70 pounds in 5 months--YOU ROCK for sure!!! Come on WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brinred19
Stats: SW 180/GW 115 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's, Low Carb
Start Date: June 2014
I'm in! I've experienced a stall for the past week but I am determined to keep it clean this month and lost more weight!
brinred19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone.
D2l- thank you for the message. I reallyyyyy appreciate the support.

We will do this- just take one minute at a time. Without our health- we have nothing.

I am going to listen to my body and not force eating. Only going to eat if I am physically hungry.. Which is rare, thank goodness.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HoneyB
Stats: 155.4/ 155/ 125
WOE: Stillmans / whatever it takes!!!
Start Date: February 2 2014
Hello All! Happy July!!!

If you have room for 1 more I'd like to join. This is my second round on Stillman's. It WORKS if you work it. I was half way to goal got bored then gave up. I'm determined to follow through this time.

Looking forward to dropping 25 big ones for good!
HoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
If you have room for 1 more I'd like to join. This is my second round on Stillman's. It WORKS if you work it. I was half way to goal got bored then gave up. I'm determined to follow through this time.

Looking forward to dropping 25 big ones for good!
Welcome HoneyB!! We CAN do this!!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hi honey and d2l

Morning. Let's make it a happy healthy day!

Just curious-- have you guys tried IF with stillmans?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi honey and d2l

I haven't tried with IF with Stillmans (not intentionally anyway...although when I hit rough patches emotionally I can't eat). Have you? I don't really know a lot about IF.

Steph
Old 07-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HoneyB
Stats: 155.4/ 155/ 125
WOE: Stillmans / whatever it takes!!!
Start Date: February 2 2014
Quote:
Hi honey and d2l

Thank you for the warm welcome all! I hope you all had a successful day today.

Peace,

I do IF always have because it just works for my lifestyle. I work the night shift 6p-6a. I sleep around 7 am getting off work then workout in a fasted state around 2pm (1 hour work out). I'm at work by 6pm. My eating time frame or window is from 6pm-2am. At 6pm I'm ready to eat. I've trained myself over the years and it's helped me from not getting too out of control with food. If I eat in the morning or graze all day I'll literally eat ALL DAY. It's not for everybody but it's great for people who just don't like breaking their fast in the morning. Good luck
HoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lone_Estrogen
Stats: 230/211/160
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: May 19, 2014
Hi ladies, I'm still here. I had a flare up with my rheumatoid arthritis which means I've been back on prednisone for 5 days. I also got TOM and with the 2 combined I have gained 4-5lbs.

July 1... 212.4

I leave for Florida in 11 days and I'm far from my 199 goal. Its ok, life always has some setbacks. I can do this!!
Lone_Estrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
I haven't tried with IF with Stillmans (not intentionally anyway...although when I hit rough patches emotionally I can't eat). Have you? I don't really know a lot about IF.

Steph
Hi

I have been doing it for awhile without even thinking about it. I never eat breakfast and then I eat a lunch at 2 and dinner at 8. However I am trying the one meal a day.. so far, I feel better. It could just be this week of lots going on but for 3 days, no desire to eat all day, and then I eat a large dinner with greens and protein only. Seems to work right now. I lost 2 lbs. Prob water but that is fine. I am at 115. More importantly, I feel lighter and just better without thinking about food all day ( what the heck to eat...) I do think I was eating just because I thought I had to-- we will see, though. I am taking it one day at a time.

It really is more about me not forcing food and just going with what feels right. I workout an hour in the am, so I kept thinking "omg, I could never skip lunch", but it is quite the opposite.. totally fine without it. Maybe I will do lunch and dinner on weekends only.

How are you doing overall with plan?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome all! I hope you all had a successful day today.

Peace,

I do IF always have because it just works for my lifestyle. I work the night shift 6p-6a. I sleep around 7 am getting off work then workout in a fasted state around 2pm (1 hour work out). I'm at work by 6pm. My eating time frame or window is from 6pm-2am. At 6pm I'm ready to eat. I've trained myself over the years and it's helped me from not getting too out of control with food. If I eat in the morning or graze all day I'll literally eat ALL DAY. It's not for everybody but it's great for people who just don't like breaking their fast in the morning. Good luck

hey there honey ( luv the name)

thanks for the tips.. I just posted above with Steph on my plan. I like fasting in general. Makes me feel much lighter. Not sure if I want to continue the one meal a day for alengthy amount of time, but we will see. So far, so good.

thanks for joining us!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Estrogen View Post
Hi ladies, I'm still here. I had a flare up with my rheumatoid arthritis which means I've been back on prednisone for 5 days. I also got TOM and with the 2 combined I have gained 4-5lbs.

July 1... 212.4

I leave for Florida in 11 days and I'm far from my 199 goal. Its ok, life always has some setbacks. I can do this!!
Ummm.. of course you can! Don't even question it, you are going to do it. It is a marathon, not a race, right?

Slow and steady.. it will happen.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
July 1 ....177
July 3......174.5
Thanks Stillman's!
Starting with hard boiled eggs today.
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

I officially went over the 40 pound mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 189.6 yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to hold my nose and eat some {{{fish}}} today. You lose with fish faster than with beef. So wish me luck. Congrats to all who have made the Stillman choice. Together we can LOSE IT

Last edited by boisegirl; 07-03-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi Guys!
Can I join your challenge? I've got a vacation coming up at our beach house in 18 days and I'm hoping to lose as much as possible by then! I have done stillmans in the past and it has worked wonders. I can't wait to chat with you all, we can do this!!
Ainsley xo
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brinred19
Stats: SW 180/GW 115 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's, Low Carb
Start Date: June 2014
3lbs in two days! Yay Stills!

In other news, I could really use some advice! I'm going on a weekend trip to a friend's lake house for July 4th celebration. The whole weekend is basically an eating/drinking fest. I'll be bringing all of my own food, but I would like to enjoy a cocktail or two (crystal light and vodka prob). Can anyone who has been very strict about Stills and had drinks (liquor not beer) tell me how it affected their weight loss? Huge setback? Minor? Not at all?

Thank you in advance for the advice!!!

p.s. I haven't had any alcohol since going low carb a few months ago, so I can't imagine I will be able to handle much of it!
brinred19 is offline   Reply With Quote