Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Good Morning ladies, So Normally i would be excited to see the type of drop I had overnight, but I am not simply because the same thing happend last weekend, And by last weekend I mean DH,(mY acronym, not the nice one), all i ate yesterday was two broiled chicken thighs at lunch and a handful of macadamia nuts, When I got off work he decided that he was going out again, and we always go together and do things together, but these last 3 weeks he has done a 360 in his personality and has been picking and starting arguments and saying how its ok to go by yourself sometimes,(what once was never has become weekly) and before I met him he went out all the time, he has led me to believe over the course of the 5 years that we have been together that clubs can get u in trouble(um so why r u going now) but ok thats fine do u cuz he has truly given me an IDC attitude...but enough of my drama, last weekend i had a great drop too, due to the same reason and then when i began to consume food again i gained back what i lost overnight...so with all that being said I am no excioted for he drop, unless of course it contiues to go down after the weeknd lol, hope all is having a great weekend

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~194.0

Week 2
5-4~
5-5~
5-6~
5-7~ <My BDAY
5-8~
5-9~
5-10~

Last edited by Kandi313; 05-03-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/191.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Goal for May 195
Apr End Weight 208.8 (lots of bouncing month of April)

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2
May 3 - 209.2

Boo! That's all I have to say about that. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I'm in deep ketosis... so you'd think I'd be losing. I'm not retaining water, well at least I'm not puffy. But(t) Magnesium is NOT working. I'm going to have to take something more effective cuz it's just been too long.

Kandi, I really feel for you. Marital problems suck. I don't know what I'd say if my 45 year old DH decided he was going to start clubbing again, and without me.... Well, I lie. I do know, and it's not language for these boards . I hope things settle down and work out for you both. Stay strong! As for the drop, enjoy it, drink LOTS of water today and stick to simple low fat proteins. (someday I will take my own advice )
Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mauigal
Stats: 201/179/136
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins '72
Saturday Morning Accountability Weigh In

Goal for May 159
Apr End Weight 169 - can't complain about the 10# loss

May 3 - 167.6

I'm stealing Kandi's format, too!

Sorry to hear about all the DH problems. Even after 30 years of marriage, mine can still be a damn husband

Happy weekend everyone!
Mauigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
Goal for May 135
Apr End Weight 146

Week 1
5-1~146
5-2~144
5-3~145

Another one stealing Kandi's format...

So up a pound, but TOM is here. I had my Mirena removed for a replacement couple months ago, the replacement isn't yet here, and since I have had it out, my schedule is all out of whack, so it took me by surprise. I am cramping and kinda bloated, but will continue to weigh in as long as I can handle the blips over the next 7 - 10 days.

I also had 3 large coffees from McD yesterday, and they weren't black; not the best of things to do. I don't think I *need* it, its just that I gave myself the permission to have it. I had another large one this morning, and just logged in to see BrattyS deciding to give up coffee with 1/2-1/2. That was just the push I needed to decide I wasn't going to continue the coffee with cream(or 1/2-1/2 whichever McD uses).

Sorry about all the DH problems, I once read somewhere someone had said the reason they were married to their spouse for so long was that they both never gave up on their marriage at the same time..one person fought for the marriage, regardless of what the other one was doing at the time....I can say that does ring true for me and my DH....I swear mine has mood swings too without even having lady parts
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Goal for May 195
Apr End Weight 208.8 (lots of bouncing month of April)

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2
May 3 - 209.2

Boo! That's all I have to say about that. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I'm in deep ketosis... so you'd think I'd be losing. I'm not retaining water, well at least I'm not puffy. But(t) Magnesium is NOT working. I'm going to have to take something more effective cuz it's just been too long.

Kandi, I really feel for you. Marital problems suck. I don't know what I'd say if my 45 year old DH decided he was going to start clubbing again, and without me.... Well, I lie. I do know, and it's not language for these boards . I hope things settle down and work out for you both. Stay strong! As for the drop, enjoy it, drink LOTS of water today and stick to simple low fat proteins. (someday I will take my own advice )
Sexy, I have found couple stalks of celery a day solves that problem for me...I know its not strict Stillman's, but you have to go when you have to go, right?
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Today we take the kids to get free comics for free comic day, karate, and then Six Flags the rest of the day. Smoked turkey leg for me!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Have fun @ Six Flags. It's a beautiful day out there. I just came back after taking DS for soccer practice. Thanks for deciding to give up 1/2 - 1/2, I'm right there with you on that, my consumption was getting ridiculous !
Old 05-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosity View Post
Sexy, I have found couple stalks of celery a day solves that problem for me...I know its not strict Stillman's, but you have to go when you have to go, right?
Hmm. I might try that. I was thinking of trying some raw broccoli. It always used to give me, um, upset tummy, so for years I avoided raw veggies.... but the result now is what I'm looking for!
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Hey Ladies

Cant relate to the hubby thing. I am soo single! But, starting to embrace my single life, and stop stressing about meeting "the one". Life is good, in general. I will have a doctorate soon, so no reason to complain, just sometimes it is hard to relate to others at 39.. single, going to school. Oh well

I wish you luck with your men though you all deserve good relationships.

115 on scale today.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ninja Barbie
Stats: 152.8/152.8/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: July 20 '14
Hi Everyone!

Would it be alright if I joined the crew? I've been on/off Stillman's for 6 months and am really jonesing for some support! I've been reading all the great posts here and have to say you all are doing fantastic and I'd really love to hang out here =^)

xoxxx
Ninja Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Determined2Lose
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: April 8, 2014
I don't know what's going on with me. In the past two weeks I have slipped up twice after not one "cheat" since January and it's always food that isn't even that exciting lol. The good (great) news is that I just weighed myself and I'm at 213.6 so I'm still lower than I was May 1st. My concern is why I am slipping up now and how to stop this from happening. I don't ever want to go back to weighing what I did three months ago. I look and feel so good now and I'd like to continue that!
Kandi- I'm so sorry to hear about your DamnH troubles. All I can say is take care of you, reach out for support when needed, and I hope things work themselves out. It's not fun being in a situation like that.
So glad I found this group! Keep up the great work everyone!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Ninja barbie (love that ) Welcome to the group! What's your journey been like so far?
D2L I go through phases like that too. I did actually for about 2.5 weeks the end of last month. I was aware of what was going on, but still ate off plan on occasion. That's why I picked May 1st as my re-commitment date. I gave myself some slack, then got back serious after some days of just being aware of what I was doing. But! back during my calorie counting days, I used to look at something that I wanted and decided that it wasn't worth the calories (wasn't tasty enough...lol). With low carb, i'm more likely to decide that something low carb (but not stillmans) IS worth the deviation, since I justify it to myself "well it's low carb, how bad can it be?". LOL I'm babbling, but really, I can sympathize!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 195
Apr End Weight 208.8
(lots of bouncing month of April)

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2
May 3 - 209.2
May 4 - 207.0

Nice drop! A bit superficial, as I had to take a "bathroom helper", but I'm glad I did as I feel much better.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies, thank u all so much for the support on DH , he went out Friday night, so I found a friend Saturday night and I went out, I suppose he thought I wasn't considering I didn't hear from him Friday night and I didn't bother texting or calling him, but Saturday he was blowing my phone up, asking me if I wanted to go with him on his errands? silly boy , he wasn't worried about me going with him Friday, so I politely said no, I went home and took care of my daughters he had gone to his mom's , so I took a nap got up and I got dressed and when he comes in he says what do you want to eat, um nothing I'm good, so he left again, as I'm walking out the door, he returns with steamed shrimp and a bucket of grilled.chicken from KFC, I left...point of my rambling ...he thinks he can come and go as he pleases but I'm not supposed too, wronggg, I'm not the one....lol so I have no idea what today will bring, but I'm not the one to mess with! Lol

Ok now on to why we r here on the site, I had a slight drop today, and I must admit while I have barely consumed any food in 2days, I went off a bit last night as I had 3 Hennessey and diet coke, 2 mozzarella sticks from TGIFridays that I tried my darndest to pick the breading off of. I am worried about that 2 days effect, but I am still in ketosis it was very deep purple all week now it's pink but still turning, I am throwing back the water today and will keep.it moving thank u guys for.listening lol
Old 05-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~194.0

Week 2
5-4~193.7
5-5~
5-6~
5-7~ <My BDAY
5-8~
5-9~
5-10~
Old 05-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
I don't know what's going on with me. In the past two weeks I have slipped up twice after not one "cheat" since January and it's always food that isn't even that exciting lol. The good (great) news is that I just weighed myself and I'm at 213.6 so I'm still lower than I was May 1st. My concern is why I am slipping up now and how to stop this from happening. I don't ever want to go back to weighing what I did three months ago. I look and feel so good now and I'd like to continue that!
Kandi- I'm so sorry to hear about your DamnH troubles. All I can say is take care of you, reach out for support when needed, and I hope things work themselves out. It's not fun being in a situation like that.
I too have done this, for me it's a mind game, I have to have my mindset in the right place. Hang in there and thank u
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Yesterday turned out being harder than I thought it would be. Theme parks just smell SO good with all their yummy foods. I came SO close to going off plan but at the last second I reminded myself that I need to break my 6 year cycle. I had a lettuce burger. (hamburger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun). It did have a piece of american cheese on it tho. This morning I am so happy I did the right thing for me. Hopefully it sets a precedent for future trips to the park. (we have season tickets)

Goal for May 218

Day 1- 233.2 (started the day before the 1st of the month.)
------------
May 1- 229.8
May 2- 227.2
May 3- 226.2
May 4- 224.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hey Ladies

Cant relate to the hubby thing. I am soo single! But, starting to embrace my single life, and stop stressing about meeting "the one". Life is good, in general. I will have a doctorate soon, so no reason to complain, just sometimes it is hard to relate to others at 39.. single, going to school. Oh well

I wish you luck with your men though you all deserve good relationships.

115 on scale today.
There is nothing wrong with being single. Be happy with who and where you are in life. "The one" is not what defines you or your happiness. He/she may still be out there for you. Be happy with yourself until you meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Barbie View Post
Hi Everyone!

Would it be alright if I joined the crew? I've been on/off Stillman's for 6 months and am really jonesing for some support! I've been reading all the great posts here and have to say you all are doing fantastic and I'd really love to hang out here =^)

xoxxx
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
How much have you lost Since you started? 2 slips since January is amazing. If you are concerned it is starting a trend you may have to focus on why you are losing the weight. Remind yourself how badly you felt when you started compared to how you feel now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Goal for May 195
Apr End Weight 208.8
(lots of bouncing month of April)

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2
May 3 - 209.2
May 4 - 207.0

Nice drop! A bit superficial, as I had to take a "bathroom helper", but I'm glad I did as I feel much better.
Nice drop! No matter how it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Hello ladies, thank u all so much for the support on DH , he went out Friday night, so I found a friend Saturday night and I went out, I suppose he thought I wasn't considering I didn't hear from him Friday night and I didn't bother texting or calling him, but Saturday he was blowing my phone up, asking me if I wanted to go with him on his errands? silly boy , he wasn't worried about me going with him Friday, so I politely said no, I went home and took care of my daughters he had gone to his mom's , so I took a nap got up and I got dressed and when he comes in he says what do you want to eat, um nothing I'm good, so he left again, as I'm walking out the door, he returns with steamed shrimp and a bucket of grilled.chicken from KFC, I left...point of my rambling ...he thinks he can come and go as he pleases but I'm not supposed too, wronggg, I'm not the one....lol so I have no idea what today will bring, but I'm not the one to mess with! Lol

Ok now on to why we r here on the site, I had a slight drop today, and I must admit while I have barely consumed any food in 2days, I went off a bit last night as I had 3 Hennessey and diet coke, 2 mozzarella sticks from TGIFridays that I tried my darndest to pick the breading off of. I am worried about that 2 days effect, but I am still in ketosis it was very deep purple all week now it's pink but still turning, I am throwing back the water today and will keep.it moving thank u guys for.listening lol
So sorry for your husband issues. I hope things smooth out soon. Take care of you. Don't let it derail you.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Hi
Did not weight in today.

Thanks for the encouragement on single- makes me feel better.

Kandi--stay strong!

Determined- you are doing well. Dont stress.

Welcome- ninja
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 135
Apr End Weight 146

Week 1
5-1~146
5-2~144
5-3~145

Week 2
5-4~143.5
5-5~
5-6~
5-7~
5-8~
5-9~
5-10~

So down 1.5 pounds today, but I was running around yesterday, and only had brunch and dinner. Feeling good still mentally, so that makes me excited for the next few days. I usually cruise along fine without too many issues, until PMS rolls around, then I have a blow out for a day or two, and once that passes, I can be steady as a rock...Here's hoping for a good month for all of us !
Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Barbie View Post
Hi Everyone!

xoxxx
you and I are starting at the same weight, although I am just about 5' 1". If I stand real straight

Feel free to post, the more the merrier.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

SexyBack, nice drop ! Glad to hear the intervention worked.

When you went off Stills at the end of May, did you regain any lost weight, or were you fairly constant weight wise by the beginning of May?

D2L, not sure what else to say than what has already been said. For me, if I am seeing results from my efforts, its good enough to stick it through, but when I am not sure of what I am doing, or if I think I am doing everything right, but not seeing the results, I tend to go a bit stir crazy. If I were in your situation, I would decide to intentionally take a day off and reset, eat sensibly of what you have missed the most, and then jump back on the wagon.

Only you know yourself best though, so if you think giving yourself the permission to go off plan for a day will result in you losing your way for several days or weeks, then I wouldn't recommend it, but for me, I have done that in the past after several months of dieting, just as a sanity saver.

BrattyS, you had a good drop there. Good on you for sticking it out yesterday.

Kandi, hang in there Hope you guys talk it out and clear up the situation. It isn't fun for either one of you right now.

Peace, looks like the protein day worked for you too !

I will be at another office tomorrow, which is a 2 hour drive for me, for several meetings during the day, so I might not be able to post until late at night tomorrow. I will pack HB eggs with me to eat during the drive, and some spicy ground turkey for lunch. I am still not having any luck with the coffee situation , and have decided that unless my losses stop, I am going to have 1 large McD coffee with cream per day. I am otherwise on plan...

Have a great rest of Sunday, everyone
Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Luminosity thank u, I will b ok...
Bratty way to stick to your guns, it is an amazing feeling to wake up and know that you did the right thing and the scale proves it, it really keeps me motivated.
Peace...I will thank u
Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: boisegirl
Stats: 229/187.6/150
Start Date: December 2013
Hi ladies!!! Just wanted you to know how proud I am of all of you. Still's is a very controlled way of eating and it takes determined people like us to stick to it. I weighed today and have lost 30 pounds to date---I am finally in onederland!!!!!!!! Please continue to post your thoughts and successes and when we fall down we will help each other up. Have a great start on Monday--and Keep up the good work
boisegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: boisegirl
Stats: 229/187.6/150
Start Date: December 2013
Oh and WELCOME to the new ladies too!!!!
boisegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hi everyone,
So I didn't get started as I had planned at the end of last month. i cooked up some chicken and turkey and then my friend ended up in the hospital and that threw everything off. So I am back home now and ready to get started tomorrow. I'm boiling some eggs as I type this so I'll be ready to roll in the morning with no excuses.

My goal is to get to 175 lbs this month, I think I am at 191 or so but will be weighing in the morning and posting my actual weight. I also plan to get some exercise in which is something that I have not done in a while.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost so far this month, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I'll be joining you soon
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! I'm in much better space today. I took yesterday to pout and be a slug (was stressing about stupid stuff and thinking too much!) and today is a new day. I just weighed myself and I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday...YES!! Feeling happy, motivated, and back on track!! Hope everyone has a great day!
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

BrattyS...just saw your post from yesterday. I've lost 58.1 since January 27th!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
G'morning! I am determined to make it a great week. We are moving very soon and I need to pack more of our crap.
I did super with the diet this weekend and I am in a great place mentally to keep it going.
I am doing a drive by I will get to some personals later. I hope you are all having a good day.

Goal for May 218

Day 1- 233.2 (started the day before the 1st of the month.)
------------
May 1- 229.8
May 2- 227.2
May 3- 226.2
May 4- 224.8
May 5- 224.6
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Good morning all,
Today is the day.

Goal for May 175
Starting Weight: 191.8

5/5 191.8

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosity View Post
SexyBack, nice drop ! Glad to hear the intervention worked.

When you went off Stills at the end of May, did you regain any lost weight, or were you fairly constant weight wise by the beginning of May?
Pretty much. I stuck to about a 3 pound variance, so I maintained pretty well. I was pretty much Atkins at that point.