Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/175.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosity View Post
SexyBack, how do you make your diet coke chicken? I had diet Sunkist, I just threw it in the pan with some ground chicken, and the end result was just meh, I was expecting to get more of a BBQ consistency on the chicken. What did I do wrong?
The top sticky of the STillman's section has a whole bunch of recipes! It's a great resource! The recipe is there. I think it's one cup of low carb ketchup, dump in a can of diet coke, simmer until thickened, but I also add random seasonings to add more flavour. Oh! if you don't like your BBQ sauce very sweet, add a bit more ketchup. I also have access to these fantastic spices that are all 100% gluten free, low/no sodium, GMO free called Epicure Selections. I spend aLOT of money with them! hahaha. We don't have Jennie-O products in Canada (and many others...) so much of my stuff has to be made at home. I make buffalo chicken burgers that are really nice, by just adding in the buffalo spices. It's lower carb than the store bought ones, and tastier.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
I am on this...still no luck with the siggy. Maybe you need a certain number of posts before you have the option to put in one.
I saw that you figured out that there was a minimum to have a siggy. You will be there before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Hi everyone - hello to all newbies and old timers continuing their way down the scale I'm on my Stills hiatus, and ugh, I do not feel good - upset tummy, bloating yucky stuff. Weird but kind of looking forward to getting back on plan next week and eating clean.

Wishing you all great losses for the month of May. Kandi, well done, firmly in the 190's again, I see.
Uh I hate the yucky bloated feeling. I totally understand the looking forward to getting on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
May 1: 214
My goal for weight loss this month is 15-20 lbs. Sounds like a lot but I KNOW I can do it!! I'm so thankful to have found this great support/advice/inspiration!!

Little bit of background:
Started out January 27th at 269.6 lbs. Went through a really stressful period (left my husband, moved with three kids, etc) and lost 16 lbs from being too stressed to eat. The good news is the 16 lb loss was the kick start I needed to continue on this journey. I was losing by eating very low calories and walking 5-7 miles a day but then stalled due to my body deciding I was a jerk for starving it. I started Stills in April and have seen a quick loss. Looking forward to losing more and enjoying being healthier!!
Stephanie
You are a strong woman to do what you have done. I hope the weight continues to come off for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Hi everyone!!
Am off work this morning so was doing a bit of running around, and I'm now at home making some grilled chicken, just for moi! Gonna hide it in the fridge, maybe in the veggie crisper, cuz I KNOW the teens don't go in there!! LOL.

Last night was my last day with dairy.... So, of course, had to have something I really shouldn't and went for spinach dip with the hubby. I gained a pound from the bread I ate, but know it will fall off quick. I'm in the right head space now, and don't think I will feel deprived. I'm actually looking forward to my resolve sticking!

May 1 - 209.8
I may start hiding things in the veggie drawer. Good idea! I cheese! I try not to have any because I tend to eat more and more as the days go by. Then I will wonder why the scale stopped moving. This time I intend to avoid it like the plague! If I can give up smoking, alcohol, and caffeine.. I can give up cheese, right??!!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I can give up cheese, right??!!
I keep saying this to myself.... what strong willed woman such as myself can't give up cheese??? I mean, really? Then I look in the fridge and notice the four or five different kinds staring me in the face calling my name like a long lost lover....
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CuteScoot
Stats: 253/216/145,5'4
WOE: Keto!!
Start Date: May 17th 2007,restarted May 29th 2014
hello everybody!

Can I pretty please join the May challenge?? I'm SO excited!! I've done hardcore Stillman's on and off for years,and it always works for me!!Last time I did it I lost 50 lbs in 2 months,but then my dumbass decides to gain it all back haha!But I just LOVE this way of eating!It kicks ASS!!

Looking forward to meeting everybody!!My name is Pepper,by the way!
CuteScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteScoot View Post
Can I pretty please join the May challenge?? I'm SO excited!! I've done hardcore Stillman's on and off for years,and it always works for me!!Last time I did it I lost 50 lbs in 2 months,but then my dumbass decides to gain it all back haha!But I just LOVE this way of eating!It kicks ASS!!

Hi Pepper! The more the merrier!! You are very welcome here!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: boisegirl
Stats: 229/185/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: December 2013
Hey all--I'm still on here---had a great April weight loss and looking forward to May. Welcome to all the newbies!!!! Good luck to each and everyone of you. I know we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!
boisegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Hi Pepper- Welcome You will love it here.

I am happy to join the weight loss challenge. I kind of struggle a bit right now because I think people look at my stats and think I dont "have" to lose. For me, I know I feel better at a lower weight and I know I am not being kind to my body by overeating lately. It is more about mind connecting to my body, not so much the "weight".

I guess I just need to listen to myself and know that I know myself better than anyone else. I love low carb and stillmans is a nice way to get back on track! Definitely an instant metabolism booster.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:02 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
I keep saying this to myself.... what strong willed woman such as myself can't give up cheese??? I mean, really? Then I look in the fridge and notice the four or five different kinds staring me in the face calling my name like a long lost lover....
All I can picture is the scene on Sex and the City where Carrie sees the shoes and coos, "Hello, Lover".
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
Weighed in today at 144, that's down 2 lbs from yesterday. My low for April was 142, so when I cross that number, I will do a happy dance. Feeling good, head is in the right space, so I anticipate breezing through another day today, although by yesterday evening I had a nasty headache, and called it a day around 8 PM

How did everyone's May Day go?
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
All I can picture is the scene on Sex and the City where Carrie sees the shoes and coos, "Hello, Lover".
that was a great one Sexyback, and DTL u took the words right out of mouth lol....nice to wake up to some humor.
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weighed in today at 144, that's down 2 lbs from yesterday. My low for April was 142, so when I cross that number, I will do a happy dance. Feeling good, head is in the right space, so I anticipate breezing through another day today, although by yesterday evening I had a nasty headache, and called it a day around 8 PM

I had an early night last night too, wasnt feelng my best , but still did well as far as eating, I had a low in April (that was very shortlived of 196.1), before bouncing back to 200 overnight ( NO Joke, but didnt quit), today i am 196.4 and hoping to keep it going downward lol, My head is also in the right in direction and that matters big time in my history of weight loss, hope u have a great day!

Last edited by Kandi313; 05-02-2014 at 07:04 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~
Yay Kandi !! You lost a pound overnight.

I would have been distraught if my scale showed a four pound gain overnight. Just goes to show you how fickle these things are....so glad you stuck it out though. You are now firmly in Onederland
Old 05-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay Kandi !! You lost a pound overnight.

I would have been distraught if my scale showed a four pound gain overnight. Just goes to show you how fickle these things are....so glad you stuck it out though. You are now firmly in Onederland
Thank u, Lol Oh I was very distraught, but I have been there one too many times and gave up and it got way worse than better , lol im in it to win it this time!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank u, Lol Oh I was very distraught, but I have been there one too many times and gave up and it got way worse than better , lol im in it to win it this time!
cannot agree more
Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to copy Kandi's format, just because I like it!

Goal for May 195
Apr End Weight 208.8 (lots of bouncing month of April)

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2

So I had a good day with food yesterday. Mostly chicken really... and tea (plus the water). I've ordered some herbal teas that are supposed to be drunk clear, as I have a hard time with black tea without the HWC. I'm actually looking forward to those coming!

I also went to the gym again last night. Did only 10 minutes on the bike (my rear is not designed to tolerate it longer ), then did the weights in the circuit. My friend went with me. It's funny, she's miss fitness (she even works at the gym) and my regular weights on the machines are about 25% or more higher than hers. She's also taller than me (I'm 5'5"). I'm very unfit and about 75 lbs heavier than her. Things that make you go "hmmmm".... Interesting. I'm thinking maybe I"m stronger and have more muscle than I think. I should get my bodyfat% tested. Maybe my goal of 130 is too low?

Anyway, I was at the gym until almost 10 last night. And I HURT! I know that DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) makes a person retain water, even though I'm not feeling puffy today.... But really I was kind of expecting a slightly bigger loss than 0.6. But I was run ragged yesterday doing stuff for everyone else, didn't get a chance to even eat sitting down, add in the gym, a random and typical argument with the DH over nonsense, and only 6 hours sleep (I need my 8), and i"m not feeling 100%.

Regardless, May is going to be my month!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Goal for May 195

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2

So I had a good day with food yesterday. Mostly chicken really... and tea (plus the water). I've ordered some herbal teas that are supposed to be drunk clear, as I have a hard time with black tea without the HWC. I'm actually looking forward to those coming!

I also went to the gym again last night. Did only 10 minutes on the bike (my rear is not designed to tolerate it longer ), then did the weights in the circuit. My friend went with me. It's funny, she's miss fitness (she even works at the gym) and my regular weights on the machines are about 25% or more higher than hers. She's also taller than me (I'm 5'5"). I'm very unfit and about 75 lbs heavier than her. Things that make you go "hmmmm".... Interesting. I'm thinking maybe I"m stronger and have more muscle than I think. I should get my bodyfat% tested. Maybe my goal of 130 is too low?

Anyway, I was at the gym until almost 10 last night. And I HURT! I know that DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) makes a person retain water, even though I'm not feeling puffy today.... But really I was kind of expecting a slightly bigger loss than 0.6. But I was run ragged yesterday doing stuff for everyone else, didn't get a chance to even eat sitting down, add in the gym, a random and typical argument with the DH over nonsense, and only 6 hours sleep (I need my 8), and i"m not feeling 100%.

Yes It will be your month, and Im look forward to it with you... Ha me and my DH (Use to be Darling Husband quickly turnng to DAMN husband) is having random issues as well, I swear he BiPolar, lol, I have decided to release the negative energy from him, and focus on me, (it is what it is kinda attitude), But enjoy ur loss, at least it wasnt in the wrong direction
Old 05-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Goal for May 195

May 1 - 209.8
May 2 - 209.2

You know, it has always happened to me that whenever I up the exercise, the scale gremlins have a field day. I I understand there is DOMS to contend with, but it does annoy me when the scale doesn't show me what I think I deserve.

Can you maybe exercise earlier in the day, and throw back the water to perhaps reduce any DOMS related retention? just a thought.

Anyways, sounds like you had an odd day yday, you're good not having HWC, I still go to MickeyD's and have my one large coffee with cream in the mornings.

I agree, getting your body fat tested is a great idea, at least you will get to know what your muscle mass is vs fat. Muscle looks so much better than fat anyway ! Then you can make an intelligent decision on your goal weight.

Where are BrattyS and D2L, Peace, and anyone else I have missed?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I am still doing great! So far I have had no issues being on plan. No urges to eat off plan at all.

Goal for May 218

Day 1- 233.2 (started the day before the 1st of the month.)
------------
May 1- 229.8
May 2- 227.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteScoot View Post

50 in 2 months is awesome. I hope you can do that again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi Pepper- Welcome You will love it here.

I am happy to join the weight loss challenge. I kind of struggle a bit right now because I think people look at my stats and think I dont "have" to lose. For me, I know I feel better at a lower weight and I know I am not being kind to my body by overeating lately. It is more about mind connecting to my body, not so much the "weight".

I guess I just need to listen to myself and know that I know myself better than anyone else. I love low carb and stillmans is a nice way to get back on track! Definitely an instant metabolism booster.
Don't worry about what people think. Do what makes you feel great. You have to feel comfortable in your own skin.

Quote:

2 lbs! Like you my head is in the right place and so far the plan has been easy. I hope that holds out for both of us.

Quote:

Quote:
Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~
Keep it going! You are doing great.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes It will be your month, and Im look forward to it with you... Ha me and my DH (Use to be Darling Husband quickly turnng to DAMN husband) is having random issues as well, I swear he BiPolar, lol, I have decided to release the negative energy from him, and focus on me, (it is what it is kinda attitude), But enjoy ur loss, at least it wasnt in the wrong direction
LOVE LOVE LOVE your acronym change!! it works for me!
My DH () is lazy, and a slob. I hate having to clean up after him, when I've busted my a$$ at work, the gym, taking care of the family (which includes my 2 teenage stepchildren), keeping up the house, etc, etc. Plus i can't ask for help, because he doesn't like "orders" even if they are put in a pretty please request form.... About 6 months ago, I went on Strike. I only cooked and cleaned for myself and my 5 year old twins. I was on strike for 6 weeks. I had to overlook living in a less than stellar condition, but the point was made. DH, and his kids, have terrible memories, so I'm thinking of doing it again. It's surprisingly freeing to be able to sit and have a glass of wine (sub: water) and decide to NOT CARE about the state of your house, or that the StepSon needs someone to buy him football cleats, etc.... I don't know what it is about the male brain (my apologies to any men reading that disprove this assumption) but to make a point, I can't "discuss" it with them, they have to LIVE it!!
I'm a woman of action. I don't like to sit by idly while an injustice (or blatant un-appreciation) is committed, especially about me!
So yes, I'm starting a new STRIKE in my household. Now to draft up the list of my demands.....
Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You know, it has always happened to me that whenever I up the exercise, the scale gremlins have a field day. I I understand there is DOMS to contend with, but it does annoy me when the scale doesn't show me what I think I deserve.

Can you maybe exercise earlier in the day, and throw back the water to perhaps reduce any DOMS related retention? just a thought.

Anyways, sounds like you had an odd day yday, you're good not having HWC, I still go to MickeyD's and have my one large coffee with cream in the mornings.

I agree, getting your body fat tested is a great idea, at least you will get to know what your muscle mass is vs fat. Muscle looks so much better than fat anyway ! Then you can make an intelligent decision on your goal weight.

Where are BrattyS and D2L, Peace, and anyone else I have missed?
I've always admired the morning exercisers.... I get up at 5am as it is. I'd have to get up WAY too early to do it then. Plus, I work FT, and like to spend my short evenings with my 5year old twins until I put them to bed at 8pm. Doing it at night isn't ideal, but it's the only realistic time for me to squeeze it in. But I appreciate the suggestion!!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Bratty on your loss , U R Doing great as well

Sexy, i feel you on so many levels, sounds like me and mines... He use to clean but hasnt in a while, we have a3 year old together , he does manage to take care of her since he is unable to work right now due to weather (hmmmBeen off since NOv)and I have taken on full time, when I was off I straighten the house daily, and cleaned thoroughly once a week, he has done ONE time since he been home, and I refuse , cuz when he works he does nothing else , so i make my space clean and I aint worried about the rest, he has all day everyday to do it at this point...(he doesnt do well with taking orders either, but sure loves to GIVE THEm...SMH lol

Oh well, imma do me regardless , im tired of worrying about a grown man

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

117 today. Still not losing but I am sure tomorrow will be better. I am going to be more mindful of only eating protein and see what happens!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
117 today. Still not losing but I am sure tomorrow will be better. I am going to be more mindful of only eating protein and see what happens!
Hi Peace! I know what it's like when the scale doesn't do what you want it to do. Hang in there!

I have a question for you, and I really hope that you forgive my impertinence, as I know everyone's journey is different. I've noticed that you've posted in a variety of different forums, a variety of different questions regarding fitness, nutrition, different plans and techniques etc... I get the impression (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you could be either:
1. new to the journey (young?)
2. very unsure of what program you want to use?
3. Not giving the program chosen much of a chance to work before "tweaking" it?
4. Expending A LOT of mental energy on the small nuances that COULD affect things, but ends up stressing you out so much that your cortisol levels increase (preventing the actual loss from happening)??
5. On again off again a lot? (i never judge that, it's my life, more off than on though!)

You are so close to goal!! What did you start at? When you have so little to lose, it's going to take a LONG time at the end. Patience is important!

I've found that this journey is also about self discovery. We learn things about ourselves that are both incredibly uplifting and some, meh, not so flattering. I'm not so very patient (and it's something I work on), but then I'm also able to get myself organized enough to accomplish my goals and still maintain some balance in life. Others learn different things...!

Again, I hope you don't take offense to my presumptuous assumptions, I don't mean them maliciously or anything, it's out of concern for you really.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your acronym change!! it works for me!
My DH () is lazy, and a slob. I hate having to clean up after him, when I've busted my a$$ at work, the gym, taking care of the family (which includes my 2 teenage stepchildren), keeping up the house, etc, etc. Plus i can't ask for help, because he doesn't like "orders" even if they are put in a pretty please request form.... About 6 months ago, I went on Strike. I only cooked and cleaned for myself and my 5 year old twins. I was on strike for 6 weeks. I had to overlook living in a less than stellar condition, but the point was made. DH, and his kids, have terrible memories, so I'm thinking of doing it again. It's surprisingly freeing to be able to sit and have a glass of wine (sub: water) and decide to NOT CARE about the state of your house, or that the StepSon needs someone to buy him football cleats, etc.... I don't know what it is about the male brain (my apologies to any men reading that disprove this assumption) but to make a point, I can't "discuss" it with them, they have to LIVE it!!
I'm a woman of action. I don't like to sit by idly while an injustice (or blatant un-appreciation) is committed, especially about me!
So yes, I'm starting a new STRIKE in my household. Now to draft up the list of my demands.....
Thankfully my DH is pretty clean in the common areas. It is his bathroom I am afraid of. I refuse to go in there. The kids are still young enough to control. I threaten to throw things away if left laying around. A six week strike. I can only imagin what that looks like! hahaha

Quote:
How tall are you? ( just curious) You can tell me to mind my own biz if you don't want to answer.
What Sexy said is right. So close to goal is going to be hard. Stressing about it can also hinder your efforts. Maybe you are at your bodies goal weigh but want to drop a few extra because that is what you prefer? If that is the case it will be even harder.
Do you mind sharing your weight loss history? Some in sight might be able to help us find a way for you to hit your goal.
Regardless, I am happy you are here for support. We all need it!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
. A six week strike. I can only imagin what that looks like! hahaha
It's actually not too terrible. DH tolerance is only slightly more tolerant than mine. The main difference is the length of time between making the mess and cleaning it up. When he cleans it's to standard. I just don't like living in it until he gets around to it.

During the strike, he has to "step it up" and has to be "on" all the time, as opposed to leaving it for me (which he always defends himself that I don't have to clean up after him...). He has to start dealing with the balance issues of when to accomplish everything, what has to be put off, delegating chores and making sure they are done and to standard... It's ALL on him. To say that he gets cranky is an understatement. But essentially, the worst of the mess is his, so I'm waiting for that blissful day when all things connect and he finally "gets it".
Old 05-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
stillmans day tomorrow for me!!! so glad to see people here.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Peace! I know what it's like when the scale doesn't do what you want it to do. Hang in there!

I have a question for you, and I really hope that you forgive my impertinence, as I know everyone's journey is different. I've noticed that you've posted in a variety of different forums, a variety of different questions regarding fitness, nutrition, different plans and techniques etc... I get the impression (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you could be either:
1. new to the journey (young?)
2. very unsure of what program you want to use?
3. Not giving the program chosen much of a chance to work before "tweaking" it?
4. Expending A LOT of mental energy on the small nuances that COULD affect things, but ends up stressing you out so much that your cortisol levels increase (preventing the actual loss from happening)??
5. On again off again a lot? (i never judge that, it's my life, more off than on though!)

You are so close to goal!! What did you start at? When you have so little to lose, it's going to take a LONG time at the end. Patience is important!

I've found that this journey is also about self discovery. We learn things about ourselves that are both incredibly uplifting and some, meh, not so flattering. I'm not so very patient (and it's something I work on), but then I'm also able to get myself organized enough to accomplish my goals and still maintain some balance in life. Others learn different things...!

Again, I hope you don't take offense to my presumptuous assumptions, I don't mean them maliciously or anything, it's out of concern for you really.

Thanks for the concern! Not offended at all. So, no, I am not young, and have been doing low carb for 12 years with celiac. I just recently started doing more under 20 g as my weight was getting up there when stayed off plan. I have been back and forth, but not really confused.. I think people do this all the time, so I don't feel it is very unusual. I will always remain low carb, but definitely will sometimes add fat... I am in a PHD program and work alot, so very structured lifestyle. What resonated most with me is the stillmans; however, I do not think this is a plan I could for life, so why not try and see how it goes. I do stay on plan long enough, but perhaps I do not write enough on the boards for people to understand... this has been said to me before ( not offended at all I do think my weight creeps up when I do not monitor my intake, so this just helps me to stay focused. I am sure it will be much easier if I can be more consistent.. which I am trying.

I really think PATIENCE ( which I lack sometimes) holds me up regarding the scale. and.. really??? it is just a number. My goal is to feel healthy, grounded and have a plan that works for my body. Does that make sense?

I do think that once I hit goal, i can slowly integrate a few more carbs or fat, but for the next two weeks, I want to see what happens when I stick to Stillmans.

I also workout out 6 days a week, an hour a day. yep... alot going on, but my eating is a nice constant. I always remain under 20 and no dairy, no gluten.

Thanks for the support, much needed

As for you-- love that you are working out and staying true to yourself very inspirational.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the concern! Not offended at all. So, no, I am not young, and have been doing low carb for 12 years with celiac. I just recently started doing more under 20 g as my weight was getting up there when stayed off plan. I have been back and forth, but not really confused.. I think people do this all the time, so I don't feel it is very unusual. I will always remain low carb, but definitely will sometimes add fat... I am in a PHD program and work alot, so very structured lifestyle. What resonated most with me is the stillmans; however, I do not think this is a plan I could for life, so why not try and see how it goes. I do stay on plan long enough, but perhaps I do not write enough on the boards for people to understand... this has been said to me before ( not offended at all I do think my weight creeps up when I do not monitor my intake, so this just helps me to stay focused. I am sure it will be much easier if I can be more consistent.. which I am trying.

I really think PATIENCE ( which I lack sometimes) holds me up regarding the scale. and.. really??? it is just a number. My goal is to feel healthy, grounded and have a plan that works for my body. Does that make sense?

I do think that once I hit goal, i can slowly integrate a few more carbs or fat, but for the next two weeks, I want to see what happens when I stick to Stillmans.

I also workout out 6 days a week, an hour a day. yep... alot going on, but my eating is a nice constant. I always remain under 20 and no dairy, no gluten.

Thanks for the support, much needed

As for you-- love that you are working out and staying true to yourself very inspirational.
Okay! Sounds like you know what you want to do with yourself! I hope that Stillman's helps you achieve your goals. But don't worry so much if the number on the scale doesn't move. At the weight that you are at, your height, age, and work out schedule, your body will settle where it wants to, regardless of your intentions. LOL. At this point, focusing on your overall physical health is what matters. good luck on your journey.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Busy day! Last night we were out running errands so I ended up eating some rotisserie chicken breast for dinnner. Not ideal but I actually shopped while HUNGRY and still behaved myself. The last few days I have had 2 cups of decaf with 1/2 and 1/2. Today I give that up. I think it is keeping me away from my purple ketosis strip. This morning it was barely off the beige.
Today we take the kids to get free comics for free comic day, karate, and then Six Flags the rest of the day. Smoked turkey leg for me!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Goal for May 218

Day 1- 233.2 (started the day before the 1st of the month.)
------------
May 1- 229.8
May 2- 227.2
May 3- 226.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
stillmans day tomorrow for me!!! so glad to see people here.
Hey Shreem!
Quote:
Okay! Sounds like you know what you want to do with yourself! I hope that Stillman's helps you achieve your goals. But don't worry so much if the number on the scale doesn't move. At the weight that you are at, your height, age, and work out schedule, your body will settle where it wants to, regardless of your intentions. LOL. At this point, focusing on your overall physical health is what matters. good luck on your journey.
What you said. Very well put.