Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 05:25 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Hi Ladies! I'm back! Finally over my lung infection (after almost two weeks), and I'm feeling more inclined to concentrate on my eating. I skimmed through a bunch of posts recently and see lots of struggles and successes, so I figured I would join in. Man! have I been struggling!! I've been giving myself way too much permission to deviate from plan, or conveniently switch plans mid day just so I could feed myself what I wanted. But I think I have been doing this much longer than 2 weeks. It was only this last weekend that I totally went off plan and binged on things like Reese PB cups, bags of potato chips, pancakes or toast, bread and tortilla chips. Plus, there's been very little water drinking.... Last night my DH and I went out for our date night meal of wings and spinach dip. After eating, we sat back in the car and I looked at him and said, "This has to stop. I am so off plan I essentially have to restart." He agreed, as he's been off plan and consuming very large portions. So today is a "restart".

I have been lucky, I think, though, as I left off Stillman's at about 206.2ish. Today I weighed in at 208.4ish. And eating all that cr@p the last week or so has done a number on my pipes.... if you get what I mean. lol. I am in Pain! Wow. So, I've taken a "helper" and am going to do 3 days fat fast to get me into ketosis real fast then back on to Stills.

Kandi!: I have to say, despite your struggles.... You are FIRMLY in onederland! That is incredible in itself. It's a key battle you have won there. D2L's suggestion of having quick grab meal items in the fridge are the only way I can survive hunger, or else I'm digging into the bad stuff too.

Awillia: your comments on the binge eating and DNW days really inspired me to get back to posting. It really resonated with me, as I am a binge eater (closet one) and can go for weeks (as I have) being off plan.

I hope you all can forgive me for abandoning you for the last while!
Welcome back, Sexy. I think most of us have to be in this for the long haul, so sanity breaks are allowed. Glad to have you back, and you sound very positive. I love it !

Now if we could just get Bratty back in the fold !
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post

Has anyone tried Shiratake noodles aka Miracle Noodles? According to the nutrition label they have no carbs, no calories, no nuthin'. However they are quite filling. I think I will research it more though because as far as I'm concerned, even a chunk of wood has calories. I've been using them as a medium for sauces and although not as good as real pasta, they are quite good. For those who need the full feeling at times (like me, sick of feeling like a starving animal watching everyone else eat freely), these seem like they would fit into the Stills WOE.
I have tried them once before, and they are made from the root of the konjac plant, and really do not have any calories. My local supermarket carries it, they also carry the tofu noodles that do contain calories and carbs, which I stay away from.
'
They can have an off putting smell if you dont rinse them well. I empty the packet, rinse, then put them in fresh water before nuking them in the micro for 2 mins, then drain and rinse again to get all the 'fishy' type of smell away. I use them when I want to replicate carby Thai food, and they're pretty good.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
My positive for today: Last night I wanted a piece of york peppermint patty. There was a bowl of minis on the counter and damnit I wanted one...badly!! Then I thought of coming to work in the morning, weighing myself, and then beating myself up on here about the darn piece of candy. Knowing that you are all here as a support and also for the accountability helped me make the right choice. I was able to walk away from the temptation. You guys are awesome!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/176.6/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Down 1.2 lbs for my first day on Fat Fast. I need to up my water intake though, so that is my goal today.
D2L: Nice save on the candy! I can't even have it in the house, let alone on a table right there to tempt me.
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down 1.2 lbs for my first day on Fat Fast. I need to up my water intake though, so that is my goal today.
D2L: Nice save on the candy! I can't even have it in the house, let alone on a table right there to tempt me.
Sexyback...what exactly is a fat fast? I had never heard of that prior to reading about it here. Sounds like it works!!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
Sexyback...what exactly is a fat fast? I had never heard of that prior to reading about it here. Sounds like it works!!
It's an Atkins thing. There are many threads on it if you do a search (totally not blowing off your request by telling you this but there is a lot of info out there about them and don't want to hijack the Stillman's thread to give you a bunch of details that isn't stillies related)

However, I will say, even though it's the complete opposite of Stillman's (it being really High fat, as opposed to the low fat, high protein that Stills is), it gets me into Ketosis real fast! And the Key thing is this: after 3-5 days on fat fast, I really really really appreciate Stillmans again, as opposed to feeling bereft and disappointed with my protein options. It's a bit like a diet reality check. WIth the bonus of lost pounds!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's an Atkins thing. There are many threads on it if you do a search (totally not blowing off your request by telling you this but there is a lot of info out there about them and don't want to hijack the Stillman's thread to give you a bunch of details that isn't stillies related)

However, I will say, even though it's the complete opposite of Stillman's (it being really High fat, as opposed to the low fat, high protein that Stills is), it gets me into Ketosis real fast! And the Key thing is this: after 3-5 days on fat fast, I really really really appreciate Stillmans again, as opposed to feeling bereft and disappointed with my protein options. It's a bit like a diet reality check. WIth the bonus of lost pounds!
I just Googled it. Sounds like a good option if/when I stall. Thank you!!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #398
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Quote:
A hint on water intake: I found a 32 oz water bottle in the grocery store and fill it up with water from my PUR pitcher, I do this at least 3 times per day, mostly 4 times. I take it to work and guzzle from time to time or carry it around the house and chug whenever I think about it. It's easy enough to keep count rather than glasses or bottles so it keeps me on track. There are also some flavored water drops that make it more palatable if you can't stand plain water. I haven't tried them but I do love plain water.
It helps that this diet causes dry mouth. Chug away!
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #399
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, and great on the loss!! It's so inspiring to see that scale move, ain't it?!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #400
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
My positive for today: Last night I wanted a piece of york peppermint patty. There was a bowl of minis on the counter and damnit I wanted one...badly!! Then I thought of coming to work in the morning, weighing myself, and then beating myself up on here about the darn piece of candy. Knowing that you are all here as a support and also for the accountability helped me make the right choice. I was able to walk away from the temptation. You guys are awesome!!

I think that's great! It's so hard having stuff around. My daughter is home from college and I have to have "real" food around for her and it sometimes drives me crazy.. She is leaving to go t SC to nanny for the summer on 6/1 so after that, everything is going either to work for the vultures who eat anything (used to be myself included!), the homeless guy by the expressway we give food to or the trash. With a family in the house, it's impossible to get rid of everything, I know, but your doing great with your willpower. I know each time I pass something up, I feel a little stronger. We can move mountains after this, huh?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #401
Junior LCF Member

I need to vent!!
I am so fatigued it's ridiculous. I am so sick of fat I want to barf every time I think of it. I don't crave junk or carbs, I just want protein!! I think day 3 of a particularly heavy and crampy TOM is a big part of it but jeez.. this is nuts. I'm hating life. Last night I cheated with these medallions of goat cheese with provencal herbs and they were so freakin' good! Pretty equal in protein and fat, no carbs, but I felt like I was starving and they felt like salvation. Also, "pipes" were backed up for a few days which never happened before, actually the opposite on the FF. Better today if you get my drift.
The bright side is I am down another pound which is nothing short of a miracle considering my current status. Is it worth it? Well, yeah. But I don't know how much longer I can do this.
I have a rack of gorgeous baby backs I defrosted last night that will be dry rubbed and going into the oven in a few minutes. I plan to eat simply low carb today. I miss Chipotle burrito bowls so I'm chunking up the rib meat, putting lettuce, cheese and sour cream and whatever salsa has no carbs on it.
I still want to try Stills but I am so afraid of it! It seems like something I'm not capable of doing with all the low fat foods. Like, I love chicken but without skin I would have to choke it down. Can the breasts be marinated? How do you guys make it palatable? Tuna is great mixed with mayo and egg and celery and relish, but plain? I don't know if I can do that either.
How do you guys make it taste good? I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to be any more tired (heck, I don't want to be AS tired) than I already am.
I am dreading the next 3 days because I have to work the long weekend, and those days are awful, out of the house at 0630 and home after 8pm. UGH. The worst part is that I have to create meals for three days today, and I'm too tired to move. My mind is alert but my body refuses to cooperate. I feel like I'm heading to the electric chair tomorrow. Woe is me.. Sorry to be such a whiney baby! I'm feeling very un-positive today.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need to vent!!
I am so fatigued it's ridiculous. I am so sick of fat I want to barf every time I think of it. I don't crave junk or carbs, I just want protein!! I think day 3 of a particularly heavy and crampy TOM is a big part of it but jeez.. this is nuts. I'm hating life. Last night I cheated with these medallions of goat cheese with provencal herbs and they were so freakin' good! Pretty equal in protein and fat, no carbs, but I felt like I was starving and they felt like salvation. Also, "pipes" were backed up for a few days which never happened before, actually the opposite on the FF. Better today if you get my drift.
The bright side is I am down another pound which is nothing short of a miracle considering my current status. Is it worth it? Well, yeah. But I don't know how much longer I can do this.
I have a rack of gorgeous baby backs I defrosted last night that will be dry rubbed and going into the oven in a few minutes. I plan to eat simply low carb today. I miss Chipotle burrito bowls so I'm chunking up the rib meat, putting lettuce, cheese and sour cream and whatever salsa has no carbs on it.
I still want to try Stills but I am so afraid of it! It seems like something I'm not capable of doing with all the low fat foods. Like, I love chicken but without skin I would have to choke it down. Can the breasts be marinated? How do you guys make it palatable? Tuna is great mixed with mayo and egg and celery and relish, but plain? I don't know if I can do that either.
How do you guys make it taste good? I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to be any more tired (heck, I don't want to be AS tired) than I already am.
I am dreading the next 3 days because I have to work the long weekend, and those days are awful, out of the house at 0630 and home after 8pm. UGH. The worst part is that I have to create meals for three days today, and I'm too tired to move. My mind is alert but my body refuses to cooperate. I feel like I'm heading to the electric chair tomorrow. Woe is me.. Sorry to be such a whiney baby! I'm feeling very un-positive today.
Sounds like your body is trying to tell you something. If you are craving protein, have it! It's not like you are craving a massive bag of M&Ms. When you body needs something that you know is a healthy macronutrient (like protein and fat), don't feel bad about it.

As for the Stillman's protein, I use a lot of seasonings (it's allowed) and I really like the Stillman's BBQ sauce, relatively speaking. The recipes at the top of the Stillman's board will really help you out. As for the tuna, i've never stopped myself from adding the small bits of veggies when used as garnish. Some have used mustard for flavor as mayo isn't, technically, allowed. But really, one tablespoon of mayo is what? 50 calories? I forgo eggs, (i hate them) which saves me a lot on fat consumption, and would give a wee bit more leeway on the garnishes.

N=1. Everyone is different. Your ratios of fat/protein may end up being very different than others'. One thing to remember is this: Find a way to lose where you are satisfied with what you are eating. Even if it takes a bit longer to lose it. If you aren't satisfied, you'll have a harder time finding that sweet spot for maintenance.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I usually either dip my plain chicken in mustard or, when making my lunch to take to work, rip up the chicken and mix it with a little Walden Farms BBQ sauce. I think it makes a really tasty cold bbq chicken I have also mixed my chicken with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I use Old Bay seasoning on my salmon and dip it in mustard when eating it. I mash hard boiled eggs in with mustard. Hard boiled eggs by themselves are dry to me. (does it seem that I like mustard a little too much?) I haven't tried tuna with a Laughing Cow wedge mixed in yet. That's gonna be my next experiment. I'm hoping it's kinda like a tuna melt.

I will never get bored with these tasty (to me) options
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #404
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info. I'm usually pretty good at making recipes out of nearly nothing, I can handle this. I appreciate the ideas, never would have thought about BBQ chicken on Stills.
Well today I am taking in protein and doing the day Atkinesque.
SexyBack, you are totally right that we need to find an eating plan that works for us. Before when I tried Atkins, I craved carbs. Now on FF, I crave Atkins. As a matter of fact, Atkins sounds like a dream come true right now. Maybe it's the calorie restriction that is so difficult, my body can't handle it. At work it's constant running around for 12 hours and very emotionally stressful. I work on a hospice unit, so you can imagine. I would feel great in the morning but by lunchtime I was completely wiped out. The other day I went to Costco and felt so tired and weak I could barely push the cart. Going to my car I contemplated stopping for a nap in the parking lot :/ However when I got in the car I opened the awesome goat cheese medallions and ate 3 of them and in a little while I felt great, came home and cooked, cleaned and generally felt alive. All it took was a little protein.
Does Stillman's work if you go over the calorie count? Do you guys feel like it's adequate protein and can you eat as much protein as you want?
I know Atkins will be the best for me long term but I really need to lose about 5 to 10 more pounds before the wedding June 21st and I'm looking for the best way to do that without feeling this way. At home it's not a big deal, I can lay around if I need to, but not at work!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm usually pretty good at making recipes out of nearly nothing, I can handle this. I appreciate the ideas, never would have thought about BBQ chicken on Stills.
Well today I am taking in protein and doing the day Atkinesque.
SexyBack, you are totally right that we need to find an eating plan that works for us. Before when I tried Atkins, I craved carbs. Now on FF, I crave Atkins. As a matter of fact, Atkins sounds like a dream come true right now. Maybe it's the calorie restriction that is so difficult, my body can't handle it. At work it's constant running around for 12 hours and very emotionally stressful. I work on a hospice unit, so you can imagine. I would feel great in the morning but by lunchtime I was completely wiped out. The other day I went to Costco and felt so tired and weak I could barely push the cart. Going to my car I contemplated stopping for a nap in the parking lot :/ However when I got in the car I opened the awesome goat cheese medallions and ate 3 of them and in a little while I felt great, came home and cooked, cleaned and generally felt alive. All it took was a little protein.
Does Stillman's work if you go over the calorie count? Do you guys feel like it's adequate protein and can you eat as much protein as you want?
I know Atkins will be the best for me long term but I really need to lose about 5 to 10 more pounds before the wedding June 21st and I'm looking for the best way to do that without feeling this way. At home it's not a big deal, I can lay around if I need to, but not at work!
Stillman's doesn't require you to count calories or restrict, per se (others with the actual book, please correct me if I'm wrong). Ketosis really helps with that though, as you only eat when/as much as you need due to hunger. If you are expending a lot of energy, you may just need more food. Simple as that. My rule is only eat until "no longer hungry", but "eat when hungry". Which means you really have to be prepared. This keeps the binge eating at bay (lol mostly). Protein is the most important part of our diet. Fat is a very close second. IMO. I did a medically supervised diet long time ago that was ketogenic. They didn't recommend exercise for their standard plan (i liked this, as i hate exercising), but since there are some people who have physically demanding jobs, they would prescribe additional protein for those days.
Enjoy your Atkinsesque day!! They were my fallback when Stillman's got to be too much!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
In a nutshell - I've done fat fasts and Stillmans, 90% fat, left me hungry and very, very tired that never really quit, and Stillmans, once I was in ketosis, left me energized and no hunger.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #407
Junior LCF Member

I'm with you there SB, I do loathe exercise! I love it afterwards but it practically takes a cattle prod to get me there in the first place. I have a treadmill I walk on, and when I get the endorphin high it leads me to doing more. Of course, I haven't been on the treadmill in months.. I think you're right about needing more food. I'm looking forward to my ribs

Suzanne, it sounds like Stillman's could be great for me in that case. I have lots of frozen chicken breasts and fish in the freezer, and a lot of the other things. During work this weekend if/when I have down time (ebbs and flows all day long) I will put together some food ideas and menu items, make some recipes and get myself prepared to start Tuesday when I have a couple of days off. How long is good to do Stills? I've read different things like 3 days, 8 days and that it isn't safe longer than 10 days. Also, if not watching calories, I am hoping not to go to low because I think that is why regain happens. I would hate to lose the weight and have it come back just in time for the wedding.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
5/6 210.8
5/7 208.4
5/8 208.2
5/13 203.2 (TOM just started...oh joy)
5/14 202.2
5/15 203
5/16 202.2 (TOM is winding down)
5/19 202.8 (TOM, aka The Sneaky Jerk, did NOT wind down until last night...I'm SO bloated!!)
5/20 202.4
5/21 201.9 Onederland...so close yet so far!
5/22 200.8
5/23 200.4 Please, oh please...I WANT Onederland!!!!

WOOT WOOT U R ALMOST THERE YAYAYAYAYAYA
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awillia3288 View Post
Goal for May= 135

5/5 146.6
5/6 144.4
5/7 143.4
5/8 142.6
5/9 141.8
5/10 140.4
5/11 139.2
(Week one loss 7.4 lbs)
5/12 138.2
5/13 137.2
5/14 137.8
5/15 didn't weigh
5/16 let the binge eating begin
5/17 more binge eating
5/18 stuffed my face some more
5/19 too terrified to weigh- but still ate HORRIBLE!
5/20 146.2- oh hello again!
5/21 144.4- deja vu
5/22 142.2
5/23 140.6

5.6 lbs to go!
I see ur headed back in the right direction good for u
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosity View Post
D2L, I also forgot to mention that some of my best losses have come after a salmon day. Salmon as we all know is a fatty fish, but I love it, and it doesn't seem to have affected my losses any.

I measured myself today, and in about 10 days, I have lost 1/2" around my hips, and 1/2" around my waist...so maybe natural fats work only because they provide satiety, so you eat lesser overall?
WOW im so glad u posted this, i thought i was nuts, but i had gone back and looked thru my food journal and i truly did recognize that everytime i had salmon i dropped weight, i had said something about it awhile back when I doscovered it, but I def see a difference when I eat salmon ...GOOD TO KNOW im not crazy hehehe
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YEp I do the same thing, Its a great place to gather in the morning and i look forward to it...it does keep me focused
Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need to vent!!
We all go thru this, ur not being a whiney baby at all, sometimes rituals suck, however u have been instramental and very uplifting to alot of us with ur words of encouragement, u will be ok find that focus and remember its mind over matter, and with ur recipes , u should do what works for u.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~194.0

Week 2
5-4~193.7
5-5~194.9
5-6~195.9
5-7~195.6
5-8~194.3
5-9~195.6
5-10~197.2 TOM

Week 3
5-11~196.9
5-12~196.7
5-13~196.2
5-14~194.8
5-15~195.8
5-16~195.5
5-17~DW

Week 4
5-18~DW
5-19~195.5
5-20~197.0
5-21~195.8
5.22~196.8
5-23~195.3

Ok didnt have to be to work till 12 today so i had to catch up on her lol, so now that I have caught up and blown up the board with replies, here are my stats for the day, hoping for a productive weekend and continue to drop, we only have 8 days left i the month and I wanna hit my goal, 5 pounds to go. Long term for the month that irritates me considering it seems i only lost 2 pounds , but its my fault and i accept that. hope everyone has a great weekend and I will check in tomorow,

Sexy---congrats on ur loss

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8

Ok didnt have to be to work till 12 today so i had to catch up on her lol, so now that I have caught up and blown up the board with replies, here are my stats for the day, hoping for a productive weekend and continue to drop, we only have 8 days left i the month and I wanna hit my goal, 5 pounds to go. Long term for the month that irritates me considering it seems i only lost 2 pounds , but its my fault and i accept that. hope everyone has a great weekend and I will check in tomorow,

Sexy---congrats on ur loss
It's not ONLY two pounds gone my dear, a pound lost is a pound lost, two is even better. Best not to minimize its importance
Old 05-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm with you there SB, I do loathe exercise! I love it afterwards but it practically takes a cattle prod to get me there in the first place. I have a treadmill I walk on, and when I get the endorphin high it leads me to doing more. Of course, I haven't been on the treadmill in months.. I think you're right about needing more food. I'm looking forward to my ribs

Suzanne, it sounds like Stillman's could be great for me in that case. I have lots of frozen chicken breasts and fish in the freezer, and a lot of the other things. During work this weekend if/when I have down time (ebbs and flows all day long) I will put together some food ideas and menu items, make some recipes and get myself prepared to start Tuesday when I have a couple of days off. How long is good to do Stills? I've read different things like 3 days, 8 days and that it isn't safe longer than 10 days. Also, if not watching calories, I am hoping not to go to low because I think that is why regain happens. I would hate to lose the weight and have it come back just in time for the wedding.
Annie, I was quite apprehensive about starting Stillmans, in my mind, I had visions of dried chicken breast and nothing yummy. Fortunately, I love ground turkey and fish, eggs, so I decided that's what I'd stick with.

Like Sexy said, I got some spice combinations from the ethnic stores around me, and that has saved my sanity as far as variety. I also tolerate cottage cheese (allowed)well, so use that a few times a week.

Trust me when I say it isn't as bad as it sounds, jump right in and in a few days, you'll get the hang of it.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #416
Junior LCF Member

Thanks all of you for listening and answering my questions.
Truly wonderful people here

I am over my bad mood now. My daughter and I had a wonderful lunch of those ribs over a bed of lettuce with cheese, crema and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. It was a super low carb meal full of protein and fat so hopefully the scale won't find out I ate somewhat off plan.

I took my own advice and had a cheat within low carb, high fat boundaries just with extra protein. Oops, and extra calories.. But it was so worth it! I feel renewed and energized.

I went shopping for our lunch's fresh ingredients and got some Still's foods. I plan to do basically an Atkins induction over the next three days simply because it's going to be 12 hours of running around at work and I need the extra protein. I have a menu plan ready, just have to get in the kitchen and prepare everything.

Starting Tuesday I will try Still's. I have salmon (yeah, I read the posts!!), tuna, chicken, cottage cheese and have some zero carb, low calorie condiments at home. I forgot ground turkey or chicken but I hate to buy more anyway when I have so much in the freezer. I will research Still's recipes further while at work so I can get up first thing Tuesday and start without hassle. I already know I can have energy on small amounts and the FF has sort of detoxed me in regards to needing sugar, carbs and the like. Shouldn't be too terrible, right?

I will keep you ladies posted on how things go. Thanks so much for everyone's support!!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #417
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stormie68
Stats: 160/153/125 5'4"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/19/14
Quote:
I think that's great! It's so hard having stuff around. My daughter is home from college and I have to have "real" food around for her and it sometimes drives me crazy.. She is leaving to go t SC to nanny for the summer on 6/1 so after that, everything is going either to work for the vultures who eat anything (used to be myself included!), the homeless guy by the expressway we give food to or the trash. With a family in the house, it's impossible to get rid of everything, I know, but your doing great with your willpower. I know each time I pass something up, I feel a little stronger. We can move mountains after this, huh?

Annie...I can't believe you have a college kid! You look so young!
stormie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #418
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stormie68
Stats: 160/153/125 5'4"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/19/14
5/19 - 160
5/21 - 157
5/23 - 155

Down 2lbs from Wednesday. I was curious, too, on how many grams of fat is considered low fat on Stillman's. I didn't notice any amount in his book.

Last night for dinner, I made the Sweet & Sour chicken recipe I found in the Stillman recipes post. OMG! Sooo good.

Have a good 3 day weekend everyone! It's going to be challenging...I'm a party girl so I might just have to put myself on lock down so I'm not tempted by alchohol or carbs at any BBQs or parties this weekend! I don't want to blow my first week!

Last edited by stormie68; 05-23-2014 at 02:56 PM..
stormie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lone_Estrogen
Stats: 230/211/160
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: May 19, 2014
Quote:
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
5/6 210.8
5/7 208.4
5/8 208.2
5/13 203.2 (TOM just started...oh joy)
5/14 202.2
5/15 203
5/16 202.2 (TOM is winding down)
5/19 202.8 (TOM, aka The Sneaky Jerk, did NOT wind down until last night...I'm SO bloated!!)
5/20 202.4
5/21 201.9 Onederland...so close yet so far!
5/22 200.8
5/23 200.4 Please, oh please...I WANT Onederland!!!!
Oh my goodness you are soooo close!! I look forward to your weigh in tomorrow.... it may be the big day!!
Lone_Estrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #420
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Stormie
I was only 24 when she was born. I have a 21 year old son, too.. guess I was a very young mom, married at 21 cuz I thought I knew it all! All good though. They are awesome people. Loves of my life!