Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #361
Junior LCF Member
 
awillia3288's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Gallery: awillia3288
Stats: 195/145/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 5/5/2014
Goal for May= 135

5/5 146.6
5/6 144.4
5/7 143.4
5/8 142.6
5/9 141.8
5/10 140.4
5/11 139.2
(Week one loss 7.4 lbs)
5/12 138.2
5/13 137.2
5/14 137.8
5/15 didn't weigh
5/16 let the binge eating begin
5/17 more binge eating
5/18 stuffed my face some more
5/19 too terrified to weigh- but still ate HORRIBLE!
5/20 146.2- oh hello again!
5/21 144.4- deja vu
5/20 142.2

7.2 lbs to go!
awillia3288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
5/6 210.8
5/7 208.4
5/8 208.2
5/13 203.2 (TOM just started...oh joy)
5/14 202.2
5/15 203
5/16 202.2 (TOM is winding down)
5/19 202.8 (TOM, aka The Sneaky Jerk, did NOT wind down until last night...I'm SO bloated!!)
5/20 202.4
5/21 201.9 Onederland...so close yet so far!
5/22 200.8
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member
 
lumosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 90
Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
I was good yesterday, but not perfect. I had a couple of lattes, but in deference to Dr Stillman, I kept it nonfat.

Back at it today.

Have a great day everyone
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 993
Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Goal- 112.

Lumiosity- Great job. I am moving towards more low fat slowly. I think I am going to mix it up and have one meal with fat and the other without it. I wonder how that will work.

I am determined to lose this weight. Ugh.
Peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
5/6 210.8
5/7 208.4
5/8 208.2
5/13 203.2 (TOM just started...oh joy)
5/14 202.2
5/15 203
5/16 202.2 (TOM is winding down)
5/19 202.8 (TOM, aka The Sneaky Jerk, did NOT wind down until last night...I'm SO bloated!!)
5/20 202.4
5/21 201.9 Onederland...so close yet so far!
5/22 200.8
Woot woot your almost there at the rate Im going , you will catch me ...back up another pound i go...
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8


Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~194.0

Week 25-4~193.7
5-5~194.9
5-6~195.9
5-7~195.6
5-8~194.3
5-9~195.6
5-10~197.2 TOM

Week 3
5-11~196.9
5-12~196.7
5-13~196.2
5-14~194.8
5-15~195.8
5-16~195.5
5-17~DW

Week 4
5-18~DW
5-19~195.5
5-20~197.0
5-21~195.8
5.22~196.8


What an idiot I am...I have this routine where i drink water all day eat a grilled chic breast for lunch, I get off work at 5, takes an hour for me to get home, and when i get home Im ready for dinner...as long as that happens Im good...well it didnt happen last night, my dag on husband as always threw me off...dinner wasnt ready till after 8 ( i dont like to eat anything after 8).... but while it was cooking I was so hungry I felt weak...I ended up eating Cheese puffs by the handfuls and as if that should have been enough it wasnt , as dinner still wasnt done, I preceded to eat Chips ....ugh! I am beginning to get weak minded and not so focused .... I am gonna try real hard to do this the right way and on my time not everyone elses from nnow till the end of the month...I have to break thos vicious up a pound down a pound overnight crap... frustration at its finest! hey on the bright side I didnt eat the peanuts
__________________

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Goal for May 190
Apr End Weight 199.8


Week 1
5-1~197.4
5-2~196.4
5-3~194.0

Week 25-4~193.7
5-5~194.9
5-6~195.9
5-7~195.6
5-8~194.3
5-9~195.6
5-10~197.2 TOM

Week 3
5-11~196.9
5-12~196.7
5-13~196.2
5-14~194.8
5-15~195.8
5-16~195.5
5-17~DW

Week 4
5-18~DW
5-19~195.5
5-20~197.0
5-21~195.8
5.22~196.8


What an idiot I am...I have this routine where i drink water all day eat a grilled chic breast for lunch, I get off work at 5, takes an hour for me to get home, and when i get home Im ready for dinner...as long as that happens Im good...well it didnt happen last night, my dag on husband as always threw me off...dinner wasnt ready till after 8 ( i dont like to eat anything after 8).... but while it was cooking I was so hungry I felt weak...I ended up eating Cheese puffs by the handfuls and as if that should have been enough it wasnt , as dinner still wasnt done, I preceded to eat Chips ....ugh! I am beginning to get weak minded and not so focused .... I am gonna try real hard to do this the right way and on my time not everyone elses from nnow till the end of the month...I have to break thos vicious up a pound down a pound overnight crap... frustration at its finest! hey on the bright side I didnt eat the peanuts
I keep some lunchmeat and hb eggs in the fridge for the days when I can't wait for something to cook. By the time I get home from work I'm usually starving and having that stuff on standby has been a lifesaver for me...otherwise I would be into the cheese puffs and chips too!! Don't be hard on yourself, darlin. You'll get there!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
I keep some lunchmeat and hb eggs in the fridge for the days when I can't wait for something to cook. By the time I get home from work I'm usually starving and having that stuff on standby has been a lifesaver for me...otherwise I would be into the cheese puffs and chips too!! Don't be hard on yourself, darlin. You'll get there!
Thank u , U r so right with the food on standby , I use to do that too, im so use to being able to eat when i get home , i got away from it...BUT wheni get home today , im boiling eggs and putting things in there I can grab... I sooo want to be 190 by the end of may
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member
 
Sexyback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 309
Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/175.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Hi Ladies! I'm back! Finally over my lung infection (after almost two weeks), and I'm feeling more inclined to concentrate on my eating. I skimmed through a bunch of posts recently and see lots of struggles and successes, so I figured I would join in. Man! have I been struggling!! I've been giving myself way too much permission to deviate from plan, or conveniently switch plans mid day just so I could feed myself what I wanted. But I think I have been doing this much longer than 2 weeks. It was only this last weekend that I totally went off plan and binged on things like Reese PB cups, bags of potato chips, pancakes or toast, bread and tortilla chips. Plus, there's been very little water drinking.... Last night my DH and I went out for our date night meal of wings and spinach dip. After eating, we sat back in the car and I looked at him and said, "This has to stop. I am so off plan I essentially have to restart." He agreed, as he's been off plan and consuming very large portions. So today is a "restart".

I have been lucky, I think, though, as I left off Stillman's at about 206.2ish. Today I weighed in at 208.4ish. And eating all that cr@p the last week or so has done a number on my pipes.... if you get what I mean. lol. I am in Pain! Wow. So, I've taken a "helper" and am going to do 3 days fat fast to get me into ketosis real fast then back on to Stills.

Kandi!: I have to say, despite your struggles.... You are FIRMLY in onederland! That is incredible in itself. It's a key battle you have won there. D2L's suggestion of having quick grab meal items in the fridge are the only way I can survive hunger, or else I'm digging into the bad stuff too.

Awillia: your comments on the binge eating and DNW days really inspired me to get back to posting. It really resonated with me, as I am a binge eater (closet one) and can go for weeks (as I have) being off plan.

I hope you all can forgive me for abandoning you for the last while!
__________________
The only time we fail is when we stop trying!
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #370
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosity View Post
Well done to you too, Annie. Are you still doing the fat fast, or have you transitioned into Stills? Either way, a seven pound loss is great
Lumosity, I'm still doing the fat fast. It's love hate at this point. I'm sick of fat, my tummy is a little blah but the effects are great. The scale has stuck at 155 for a couple of days now but ole' TOM the bast*** popped in for a visit yesterday so I'm blaming that for my weight as well as my recent fatigue. I soooo want to eat but I don't crave anything, just comfort as I'm used to soothing with a load of carbs. This diet is really teaching me about my prior eating habits and why I do what I do. So regardless of my results, at the end of this I think I will stick to some healthier habits.

That said, I really need protein! If I lose another 5 pounds in the next week or so, I will go Atkins induction until I'm at goal. I could never stick to that before but I sure can now.. after this fat fast that's all I really want (protein and loads of it!) plus I believe I am pretty well sugar/carb detoxed at this point. But if I don't get down 5 more pounds I'm definitely going Stillman's.

Has anyone tried Shiratake noodles aka Miracle Noodles? According to the nutrition label they have no carbs, no calories, no nuthin'. However they are quite filling. I think I will research it more though because as far as I'm concerned, even a chunk of wood has calories. I've been using them as a medium for sauces and although not as good as real pasta, they are quite good. For those who need the full feeling at times (like me, sick of feeling like a starving animal watching everyone else eat freely), these seem like they would fit into the Stills WOE.
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #371
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
SexyBack, if you need any recipes for fat fasting let me know! I'm practically a FF chef by now..
I keep lots of fat bombs in the freezer at home and at work which makes it easier not to grab something bad and am actually really enjoying making sauces for the shirataki noodles, without which I could not do this diet.

Kandi, we can all identify with "The Binge"! Ah, the guilt and remorse is unlike anything else. It's funny how much harder we are on ourselves than anyone else. I think it's great that you are finding ways to avoid it by planning to keep allowed foods close at hand. A HUGE step in the right direction, lady!
I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. We all believe in you, you can do this.
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member
 
Sexyback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 309
Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/175.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post
SexyBack, if you need any recipes for fat fasting let me know! I'm practically a FF chef by now..
I keep lots of fat bombs in the freezer at home and at work which makes it easier not to grab something bad and am actually really enjoying making sauces for the shirataki noodles, without which I could not do this diet.
Thanks! I will have to try the shirataki noodles again. first time I did my DH didn't wash them properly and couldn't eat them. LOL. What kind of sauces do you make? I make an awesome alfredo that my family loves! I usually mix in veggies and chicken to it, with cheddar and bake it, but could always save myself some and throw it on the noodles. Hmmm. got me thinkin'! I LOVE fat bombs. I will be making some tonight. Today I have whipped cream, macedemia nuts (not much as I see someone has been eating them) and likely a cream cheese cloud or muffin at supper. Better planning will happen later today.

How long have you been doing to FF? I usually fall off cuz I start craving meat.
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Hi Ladies! I'm back! Finally over my lung infection (after almost two weeks), and I'm feeling more inclined to concentrate on my eating. I skimmed through a bunch of posts recently and see lots of struggles and successes, so I figured I would join in. Man! have I been struggling!! I've been giving myself way too much permission to deviate from plan, or conveniently switch plans mid day just so I could feed myself what I wanted. But I think I have been doing this much longer than 2 weeks. It was only this last weekend that I totally went off plan and binged on things like Reese PB cups, bags of potato chips, pancakes or toast, bread and tortilla chips. Plus, there's been very little water drinking.... Last night my DH and I went out for our date night meal of wings and spinach dip. After eating, we sat back in the car and I looked at him and said, "This has to stop. I am so off plan I essentially have to restart." He agreed, as he's been off plan and consuming very large portions. So today is a "restart".

I have been lucky, I think, though, as I left off Stillman's at about 206.2ish. Today I weighed in at 208.4ish. And eating all that cr@p the last week or so has done a number on my pipes.... if you get what I mean. lol. I am in Pain! Wow. So, I've taken a "helper" and am going to do 3 days fat fast to get me into ketosis real fast then back on to Stills.

Kandi!: I have to say, despite your struggles.... You are FIRMLY in onederland! That is incredible in itself. It's a key battle you have won there. D2L's suggestion of having quick grab meal items in the fridge are the only way I can survive hunger, or else I'm digging into the bad stuff too.

Awillia: your comments on the binge eating and DNW days really inspired me to get back to posting. It really resonated with me, as I am a binge eater (closet one) and can go for weeks (as I have) being off plan.

I hope you all can forgive me for abandoning you for the last while!
SOOOOOOO Glad you r back, I was thinking of you today.... , I have been struggling terribly, these last 2 days, I really wanted to cheat today at lunch but I didnt. I am so scared of getting back OUT oF onderland if i do, thats the only reason I havent, You are so lucky only a 2 pound gain horray for u, cuz i would have been right back up probably well past 210. I mean really when I think about it I gained a pound from peanuts lost it the next day, then another pound from chips all i can do is laugh cuz i know if i were to get into the good stuff tht I want to yea i would be depresed and binge eating more , I can def relate to the pain in the belly, mine had subsided, but is now back from the chips...BUT woo hoo glad ur back, ur motivation is a plus for me
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post
SexyBack, if you need any recipes for fat fasting let me know! I'm practically a FF chef by now..
I keep lots of fat bombs in the freezer at home and at work which makes it easier not to grab something bad and am actually really enjoying making sauces for the shirataki noodles, without which I could not do this diet.

Kandi, we can all identify with "The Binge"! Ah, the guilt and remorse is unlike anything else. It's funny how much harder we are on ourselves than anyone else. I think it's great that you are finding ways to avoid it by planning to keep allowed foods close at hand. A HUGE step in the right direction, lady!
I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. We all believe in you, you can do this.
Aww thank you so much , that means the world to me, Im so tryin harder than ever to stay on wothout bingeing , cuz I know when I do thats what it will be...A MESS and back to prob more than when I started .
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #375
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
SexyB, I've been making sauces with a base of butter and cream, usually add a dollop of sour ceam and a dollop of cream cheese, and a heavy sprinkle of parmesan cheese and nuke in a glass bowl. That's my recent favorite. I've also done a mac n cheese thing with cheddar, cream, cream cheese and sometimes sour cream. I've added fried pancetta which is great but don't use any salt, I did that by mistake while PMSing and whoa.. felt crummy the next day in addition to the fact that it was waaaayyy too salty.

I found an easy way to cook the noodles that works for me. Rinse for awhile under cold water in a colander until they no longer smell fishy. I run my hands through them to really rinse them well. Once drained, I put them in a hot skillet and move them around once in awhile with a wooden spoon, cooking for 8 to 10 minutes so they have almost no water left in them. I think it improves the texture. No oil needed. That's it, voila! Pasta. I just got some spinach noodles from Amazon and I think I will make them with a cheesy sauce and bake them like you do, never thought of that. Maybe with dollops of ricotta cheese in there. mmmm..

I guess officially today is day 5. Days 3 and 4 I felt like cr*p even though I'd been doing LCHF for a week prior. I think it was the shift in calories and protein, both of which I was getting too much of for LCHF. When I crave meat, I cut a steak in half lengthwise (choosing of course a fatty cut of meat) and cook it in butter til it's crispy and kind of caramelized looking on the outside. It meets the need for sure. One day I got a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (this one makes the bomb diggity rotisserie chickens) and ate all the skin off. It was like Christmas morning. I also ate some of the dark meat, but totally worth it.

Sometimes I get too much protein (not in the last few days though) but I figure it's better than falling off the wagon. And when I fall off, I never get back on. But it's so satisfying that it keeps me away from, say, a frozen pizza or grilled cheese sandwich. I think it's a win.

You can totally do this if you think outside the box. Be a little lenient some days if you need to be but with protein rather than other goodies. Ideally the caloric intake should be 1000-1200 but if you go over on occasion it won't ruin your progress.

Also if you have a sweet tooth.. get this: I come home from work exhausted at around 8 pm which is becoming the time my body wants to fall into a coma. I put heavy cream in a bowl with stevia, cocoa powder, a spoonful of natural no sugar added PB or almond butter and whip until it's creamy and have that for dinner. Ha! Whipped cream for dinner Total fat, almost no carbs and very little protein. If you fall off ratios during the day, that or a fat bomb can get you back on track before bedtime especially if you crave sweets.
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Aww thank you so much , that means the world to me, Im so tryin harder than ever to stay on wothout bingeing , cuz I know when I do thats what it will be...A MESS and back to prob more than when I started .
Well, you know where to come for support!
If I feel like a binge, I take in more protein. In your case that or more fat might get you through the rough patches. It's gotta be better than going totally AWOL with junk food, although I know when those cravings hit, it's nearly impossible not to follow them in a trance-like state until you've got a good carb buzz going and a full belly. However I don't underestimate the difficulty in staying on plan, but know you have everyone here to talk you off the ledge if needed, or support you if you've already jumped.

But I know you can do it.. YOU CAN DO IT!
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member
 
Sexyback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 309
Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/175.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post
SexyB, I've been making sauces with a base of butter and cream, usually add a dollop of sour ceam and a dollop of cream cheese, and a heavy sprinkle of parmesan cheese and nuke in a glass bowl. That's my recent favorite. I've also done a mac n cheese thing with cheddar, cream, cream cheese and sometimes sour cream. I've added fried pancetta which is great but don't use any salt, I did that by mistake while PMSing and whoa.. felt crummy the next day in addition to the fact that it was waaaayyy too salty.

I found an easy way to cook the noodles that works for me. Rinse for awhile under cold water in a colander until they no longer smell fishy. I run my hands through them to really rinse them well. Once drained, I put them in a hot skillet and move them around once in awhile with a wooden spoon, cooking for 8 to 10 minutes so they have almost no water left in them. I think it improves the texture. No oil needed. That's it, voila! Pasta. I just got some spinach noodles from Amazon and I think I will make them with a cheesy sauce and bake them like you do, never thought of that. Maybe with dollops of ricotta cheese in there. mmmm..

I guess officially today is day 5. Days 3 and 4 I felt like cr*p even though I'd been doing LCHF for a week prior. I think it was the shift in calories and protein, both of which I was getting too much of for LCHF. When I crave meat, I cut a steak in half lengthwise (choosing of course a fatty cut of meat) and cook it in butter til it's crispy and kind of caramelized looking on the outside. It meets the need for sure. One day I got a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (this one makes the bomb diggity rotisserie chickens) and ate all the skin off. It was like Christmas morning. I also ate some of the dark meat, but totally worth it.

Sometimes I get too much protein (not in the last few days though) but I figure it's better than falling off the wagon. And when I fall off, I never get back on. But it's so satisfying that it keeps me away from, say, a frozen pizza or grilled cheese sandwich. I think it's a win.

You can totally do this if you think outside the box. Be a little lenient some days if you need to be but with protein rather than other goodies. Ideally the caloric intake should be 1000-1200 but if you go over on occasion it won't ruin your progress.

Also if you have a sweet tooth.. get this: I come home from work exhausted at around 8 pm which is becoming the time my body wants to fall into a coma. I put heavy cream in a bowl with stevia, cocoa powder, a spoonful of natural no sugar added PB or almond butter and whip until it's creamy and have that for dinner. Ha! Whipped cream for dinner Total fat, almost no carbs and very little protein. If you fall off ratios during the day, that or a fat bomb can get you back on track before bedtime especially if you crave sweets.
Thank you thank you thank you!! I will be printing this post and making a plan. LOL the part about the chicken got me salivating. LOL. I'm sitting here for lunch eating whipped cream with a bit of no cal sweetener and vanilla extract. I've also read about people who put HWC into their sugar free cola and mix it to make a "float". The FF actually caters to my sweet tooth a bit too much! LOL not that I mind. When I finish and go back to Stillman's I'm more "in the mood" for the nonfat protein.
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member
 
Kandi313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Panhandle WV
Posts: 667
Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post
Well, you know where to come for support!
If I feel like a binge, I take in more protein. In your case that or more fat might get you through the rough patches. It's gotta be better than going totally AWOL with junk food, although I know when those cravings hit, it's nearly impossible not to follow them in a trance-like state until you've got a good carb buzz going and a full belly. However I don't underestimate the difficulty in staying on plan, but know you have everyone here to talk you off the ledge if needed, or support you if you've already jumped.

But I know you can do it.. YOU CAN DO IT!
LOL thank u, I havent jumped, working my way back off the ledge lol
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #379
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
Kandi, LOL! I know you'll do great. I think diets innately are a fall on/fall off kind of thing until something sticks that we can live with. Stills is short term, figure out what you think work for you long-term and look forward to it every time you feel like giving up. When I feel like giving up I think of me falling out of my bridesmaid dress and looking at roly poly pics of me forevermore.. Once the wedding is over, I hope I can stick with something long enough to reach my goal. So much to look forward to..UGH.

SexyB, I would be happy to share recipes and give you encouragement through your process. I'll be your FF sponsor
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 993
Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Hi guys-- I miss you people.

Hope you are all having a good day!remind me I can do this
Peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 993
Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
LOL thank u, I havent jumped, working my way back off the ledge lol
well, that is good!!! Glad you are here
Peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #382
Junior LCF Member
 
Annie411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Annie411
Stats: 162/160/120 5'2
WOE: LCHF starting w/ Fat Fast
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi guys-- I miss you people.

Hope you are all having a good day!remind me I can do this

You totally can do this!!
Annie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 993
Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie411 View Post
You totally can do this!!
So sweet, thanks lady! Really needed the support today.

your the bestest
Peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:16 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
5/1 214
5/4 213.6
5/5 211.5
5/6 210.8
5/7 208.4
5/8 208.2
5/13 203.2 (TOM just started...oh joy)
5/14 202.2
5/15 203
5/16 202.2 (TOM is winding down)
5/19 202.8 (TOM, aka The Sneaky Jerk, did NOT wind down until last night...I'm SO bloated!!)
5/20 202.4
5/21 201.9 Onederland...so close yet so far!
5/22 200.8
5/23 200.4 Please, oh please...I WANT Onederland!!!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:25 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member
 
awillia3288's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Gallery: awillia3288
Stats: 195/145/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 5/5/2014
Goal for May= 135

5/5 146.6
5/6 144.4
5/7 143.4
5/8 142.6
5/9 141.8
5/10 140.4
5/11 139.2
(Week one loss 7.4 lbs)
5/12 138.2
5/13 137.2
5/14 137.8
5/15 didn't weigh
5/16 let the binge eating begin
5/17 more binge eating
5/18 stuffed my face some more
5/19 too terrified to weigh- but still ate HORRIBLE!
5/20 146.2- oh hello again!
5/21 144.4- deja vu
5/22 142.2
5/23 140.6


5.6 lbs to go!
awillia3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by awillia3288 View Post
Goal for May= 135

5/5 146.6
5/6 144.4
5/7 143.4
5/8 142.6
5/9 141.8
5/10 140.4
5/11 139.2
(Week one loss 7.4 lbs)
5/12 138.2
5/13 137.2
5/14 137.8
5/15 didn't weigh
5/16 let the binge eating begin
5/17 more binge eating
5/18 stuffed my face some more
5/19 too terrified to weigh- but still ate HORRIBLE!
5/20 146.2- oh hello again!
5/21 144.4- deja vu
5/22 142.2
5/23 140.6


5.6 lbs to go!
Great progress in just a couple of days!! Awesome!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:58 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Question for everyone...How much fat do you average in a day? I try for lean meats but not quite sure what I'm aiming for as far as total fat intake daily. I've been on a turkey bacon kick lately and I know the fat can add up quickly. Yesterday I just felt HUNGRY. I ate too much turkey bacon when I got home from work...I think two pieces survived my attack and I ended up bringing them to work with me today lol. I'm so paranoid about what I eat at this point. I just want to lose the rest of this weight!!!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined2Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New England girl
Posts: 126
Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi guys-- I miss you people.

Hope you are all having a good day!remind me I can do this
You CAN do this...and you WILL!!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member
 
lumosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 90
Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
Question for everyone...How much fat do you average in a day? I try for lean meats but not quite sure what I'm aiming for as far as total fat intake daily. I've been on a turkey bacon kick lately and I know the fat can add up quickly. Yesterday I just felt HUNGRY. I ate too much turkey bacon when I got home from work...I think two pieces survived my attack and I ended up bringing them to work with me today lol. I'm so paranoid about what I eat at this point. I just want to lose the rest of this weight!!!!
I don't really pay attention to how much fat I get in a day. Like you, I try for the leanest poultry, but I also use a fair number of eggs, so it can get high just from the eggs. I use the 85% lean ground turkey, or just grind up skinless chicken breasts in the food processor to saute with various spice combinations. I also have tuna, wild caught white fish etc...I can't really eat deli meats by themselves, makes me gag.

So ya, I try to make it as livable as possible, or else I'll just go off the deep end. Loss might be just a tad slow, but I feel I can stay on the wagon a bit longer when I eat like this... Sorry I didn't have an exact amount to share with ya !
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member
 
lumosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 90
Gallery: lumosity
Stats: 146/139/125, 5'1
WOE: Stills
Start Date: May 2014
D2L, I also forgot to mention that some of my best losses have come after a salmon day. Salmon as we all know is a fatty fish, but I love it, and it doesn't seem to have affected my losses any.

I measured myself today, and in about 10 days, I have lost 1/2" around my hips, and 1/2" around my waist...so maybe natural fats work only because they provide satiety, so you eat lesser overall?
lumosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.