Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Went off for 2 days.

Yesterday and Today, I did high fat for some reason... it was weird, but I ate pork rinds and nuts. I NEVER do this. THe one good thing remained.. low carb.

I am not sure where it came from, but I felt I needed the fat.. could have been school/work/fatigue. I did ok with the fat, but I am not getting on that darn scale until wed or thursday. I need to lose this water weight, plus I had more sodium than usual.

I was hoping someone could reinforce me that it is OK to steer off as long as I get back on track tomorrow with lean chicken and salad. ( lettuce really). I definitely feel better mentally when I dont eat high fat and I am sure my body will see the difference if I were to weigh in tomorrow.

I will run in the am and do a weight class, so hoping to burn it off.

Thanks everyone. This really is a process.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/187/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Yesterday and Today, I did high fat for some reason... it was weird, but I ate pork rinds and nuts. I NEVER do this. THe one good thing remained.. low carb.

I am not sure where it came from, but I felt I needed the fat.. could have been school/work/fatigue. I did ok with the fat, but I am not getting on that darn scale until wed or thursday. I need to lose this water weight, plus I had more sodium than usual.

I was hoping someone could reinforce me that it is OK to steer off as long as I get back on track tomorrow with lean chicken and salad. ( lettuce really). I definitely feel better mentally when I dont eat high fat and I am sure my body will see the difference if I were to weigh in tomorrow.

I will run in the am and do a weight class, so hoping to burn it off.

Thanks everyone. This really is a process.
Don't worry too much about it. We ALL do it at some point. Other than from sodium water weight there probably isn't a gain. I have consciously decided to go off stillmans for the last 4 days of this month, just low carb high fat (and yes, even higher sodium), just so I can be mentally prepared for another month of Stillmans. So yes, it's okay to steer off just as long as you aren't doing it mindlessly and have an "end point" where you get back on track (and you aren't bothered by what the scale tells ya!).
Old 04-29-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Sexy-- ty so very much for the encouragement. I feel like this plan really resonates with my lifestyle/and how I value food. I prefer simple and easiest way to plan my meals. I don't cook so lettuce with tuna or George foreman is perfect for this life. Plus, I always feel grounded.

Just curious if anyone has taken hcl or probiotic to aid in breaking down all the protein?

Ty in advance.sexy- nice job on weight loss- been reading your posts!!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Sexy-- ty so very much for the encouragement. I feel like this plan really resonates with my lifestyle/and how I value food. I prefer simple and easiest way to plan my meals. I don't cook so lettuce with tuna or George foreman is perfect for this life. Plus, I always feel grounded.

Just curious if anyone has taken hcl or probiotic to aid in breaking down all the protein?

Ty in advance.sexy- nice job on weight loss- been reading your posts!!
I actually started a probiotic in April, because I had been doing the plan to a "T" with little or no results March. I decided to start a probiotic to help with digestion and constipation, and it has helped me tremendously, it has gotten things moving for me again and not jut the scale.
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Kandi-

Congrats on weight loss and thanks. I really think the probiotic is helping with digestion... not so sure about the HCL. Still working with this one

Nice to hear your thoughts! thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 04:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Determined2Lose
Stats: 269.9/187/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I slipped up last night and am beating myself up about it today. I haven't eaten ANYTHING "bad" since January 27th and was convinced that one bite of anything bad would have me gaining back every pound I had lost. Back on track today...we CAN do this!!!
Determined2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
I actually started a probiotic in April, because I had been doing the plan to a "T" with little or no results March. I decided to start a probiotic to help with digestion and constipation, and it has helped me tremendously, it has gotten things moving for me again and not jut the scale.
Thank u I too believe that probiotic has helped tremendously
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Lose View Post
I slipped up last night and am beating myself up about it today. I haven't eaten ANYTHING "bad" since January 27th and was convinced that one bite of anything bad would have me gaining back every pound I had lost. Back on track today...we CAN do this!!!
Hi

We are doing this, so no worries. One day is ok, no big shake. I had more carbs and some oils this week, but I still want to get back to Stillmans... seems like I keep getting off track. Hmm..

Hang in there, don't stress....