Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 05:25 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
No Foolin April Stillman Skinnies Rock!!!!!!!

Join us for the spring into Stillman weight loss magic!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perle
No Foolin April Stillman Skinnies Rock!!!!!!! Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Join us for the spring into Stillman weight loss magic!
Hi I'm new to Stillman would like to join.
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
thanks, CC!! Yes, i'm still here and eating my protein. didn't get on the scale this morning but swam four days this week. i think i have about 3 pounds to get back to my goal..ate mainly chicken breast today. couple sugar free candies, tablespoon of fresh ground almond butter, 2 egg whites. i have fresh chicken breast in the fridge to grill shortly, but i' pretty full tonight. walked my dogs. such a bad winter for them, they had to stay in side with so much snow and then i got a case of walking pneumonia march 4th which reallyl put me out of commission with my swimming, so this was my first week back. i think 3 pounds after a months break from swimming is not so bad.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Shreem, pneumonia, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better. I've had this sinus/allergy thing for months now. So tired of it.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
OMG Shreem, pneumonia, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better. I've had this sinus/allergy thing for months now. So tired of it.
CC that sucks! I can't believe you still have that!

Shreem I have had walking pneumonia it was the worst! I swear years later I still feel the effects of it!

I got my cast off so I can type again so therefore I am back because it seems if I am not on the boards then I am eating bad food

Also again no more cast!!!! I need all the hand moving emoticons
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy you are healing, Mar! Type away!

Yep, went to the doc three times, spent 500.00 on visits and meds, I finally gave up. A little post nasal drip and slight sinus swelling I can live with, so many others suffer from more serious crap than this. Every day is a blessing.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So happy you are healing, Mar! Type away!

Yep, went to the doc three times, spent 500.00 on visits and meds, I finally gave up. A little post nasal drip and slight sinus swelling I can live with, so many others suffer from more serious crap than this. Every day is a blessing.
This is true!

Does the Paleo diet help with your sinuses? I should get back on it if it does

I have a sinus infection right now because I went near some children and I don't have the immune system to fight toddler germs haha

Its almost allergy season here too if the snow would melt!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really can't tell. After agressive antibiotic therapy I think it may be a virus that's just hanging on forever.
I tried allergy meds (chlorphirinamine maleate-ChlorTrimeton) which I take for the May fly bites, and it didn't make a dent, so I don't think it's allergic rhinitis like the doc diagnosed.
I've done the neti pot, nasal sprays, forever. Nothing.

Acold pill will knock off the post nasal drip. But I really don't like taking them.

So, I'll wait for it to wear out it's welcome. 70's F Monday and Tuesday should do the trick!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks CC and Mar. I'm feeling much much better! Yes, it was walking pneumonia and I do not remember being that sick before, because you just keep going and doing everything, but the level of exhaustion is unbelievable. I swam five days this last week, will take the weekend off from the pool - but walk the dogs for several hours today because the weather is nice. They are small, so I break the walk up into 1/2 hour to 45 minutes walks several times a day.

Just cooked some organic chicken breast on the foreman grill, sliced it up and added brown mustand and cayene pepper. Feeling very good. Cayenne pepper is good for my lungs.

the one big switch I'm making after this past month of sickness, is a major move to all organice meat. it's making a very big difference. At first it seems silly and so expensive, but my husband's health improved dramatically the first week. I have not gone 100% organic because of the cost - but i'm moving there. It is so much better for us.

I found a brand called Bell and Evans. The chicken is absolutely delicious, it smells much cleaner with grilling and my body feels lighter after eating it - like there are no hormones or preservatives, or excess sodium fighting my body inside.

I also switched to stonyfiled yogurt for my husband's smoothies in the morning. he does a smoothie everyday and I started readying about the dairy industry and how BRST hormones are given to the cows to cause them to produce more milk.

Stonyfield feeds their cows grass (which is what cows are suppose to eat - not grains) and they do not give the any hormones, antibiotics or food additives to make them give more milk.

I'm feeling stronger everyday now!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I think everyone seems to be getting something this year. everyone at work that has been arround kids are getting sick. Mine showed up on a sunday morning, and we had gone out to dinner for a birthday party the night before. it was a family place, but they were hosting lots of kids birthdays upstairs, we held our table a long time that night and i see 3 rounds of kids parties go through. I woke up sick, so i assumed that someone was sick in the restarant and i just caught it. i didn't take meds, because i wanted to get through it myself and build the immunity. i also got a flu shot this year for the first time in about 20 years. I never get them because the last time i had one, i was sick like this too. i kind of feel like a caught a strain of the flu that they introduce mildly through the flut shot. (that is only my opinion - but I'm not getting the flu shot next year or ever again)
Old 04-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

hi perle. are you still with us? have you done stillmans before? it's great!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

lost weight this morning! yea. just part of a pound, but on schedule.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IDK what the heck it is, last year when I got it everyone in our family in CT had a clod that lasted for three months. It's going on eight for me. I got sick of feeding the doc money for no results. I know someone who's had it over a year.

That is interesting about the organic meat, here it is illegal to give chickens hormones so the regular stuff is all natural anyway.

Hope you all get better and keep eating clean!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
IDK what the heck it is, last year when I got it everyone in our family in CT had a clod that lasted for three months. It's going on eight for me. I got sick of feeding the doc money for no results. I know someone who's had it over a year.

That is interesting about the organic meat, here it is illegal to give chickens hormones so the regular stuff is all natural anyway.

Hope you all get better and keep eating clean!
Where is here? I thought all animals that became food were given hormones unless you got the hormone free.

I was thinking and I get very stuffy and coughy from dairy, could that be a cause?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dairy for some, yes. Dairy naturally causes phlegm according to science. Maybe lactose free is the way to go?

My market chickens are all natural, Price Chopper. Not sure on the other stuff. (beef, etc.) I don't think fish get drugged.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
dairy for some, yes. Dairy naturally causes phlegm according to science. Maybe lactose free is the way to go?

My market chickens are all natural, Price Chopper. Not sure on the other stuff. (beef, etc.) I don't think fish get drugged.
Yeah I remember my Nana's Dr telling her to avoid Dairy when she was diagnosed with Emphysema (Sp?) because of phlegm...

I am gonna have to check that out bc I eat a lot of Chicken!

How is the weather there now? Do you still have snow?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
I would like to join the challenge. I am trying to lose the last 5 lbs which I cant seem to lose and keep off? It is weird..

I did stillman for 4 days, lost weight. ( 114), then I did more carbs and a bit more fat for the weekend ( still under 20), but today I weighed in at 117. I also workout 5/6 days a week. I think it might be the portions, but I feel like if I don't eat a lot of protein, I can't think straight.

Sat before the gym, I looked horrible and so tired. I had salad with salmon, veggies, a few nuts and was much better today. BUT.... I GAINED 3lbs? overnight. Weird.

I was wondering if 112 might be unrealistic, but I remember when I weighed that and felt so great.

Hmm..
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention, I am going to try stillmans during the week and then a bit more fat/carbs on the weekend to help me balance things out.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peace, a lot of us do that, you lose slower but you don't feel deprived.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

it's may. where do we go from here CC?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks cc! I feel better today and getting back to basics. I luv a simple life with simple food. Makes me smile. Good luck to you!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to start a thread CC - I see any yet. I'll call it Magnificent May with Stillmans