Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   April Challenge? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/826777-april-challenge.html)

jeezidunno 03-30-2014 09:11 AM

April Challenge?

Hi everyone!

I'm kind of new here. I've been on and off this site since 2007. I was really quite sad to update my stats... I was at 167 last time I was on here, and I'm exactly 20 pounds heavier now :( Oh well, it's time to get back on the wagon! Would anyone like to join me for an April challenge?

SuzanneM 03-30-2014 01:03 PM

Hi jeezidunno - I started yesterday and would love to follow along with you.
I'm going to be keeping it very simple for the first few days, with just turkey burgers and eggs. Min of 64oz water +
What's your game plan?
I'm leaving for a Vegas trip on May 1, so I'm in for a 10 lbs loss in the next month!

jeezidunno 03-30-2014 01:50 PM

Hi Suzanne :)

I'm doing the QWL. I started today, but I do have a dinner/get-together thing this Wednesday, so I will be cheating that night... and hopefully ONLY that night! Mostly I'm just trying to get back to being healthy in general, but I do need to lose about 40 pounds. I'm using the QWL for a month as a jump-start. We're trying to have a baby too, so I want to be as healthy as possible in preparation for that.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a bunch of eggs, chicken, turkey burgers, salmon and tilapia. I'm trying to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water daily, but since I've already managed to get that down today, I think I'll up it to 100.

Let's do this!

SuzanneM 03-30-2014 02:13 PM

Sounds good, I'm being cautious and boring with the food to start off, will branch out after a few days though.
I'm using reduced sugar ketchup on the side, what condiments are you using? I have to have something.

jeezidunno 03-30-2014 02:19 PM

I had shrimp with coctail sauce today. The cocktail sauce isn't too bad... I think it's like 5 carbs in a serving, but I had far less than a serving. Outside of that, I think I'll mostly just stick to mustard and a little bit of mayo depending on what I'm eating. I also ate red peppers with hummus today, but I'm going to hold off on stuff like that (veggies in general, and definitely the hummus) from now on, and up through the next couple of weeks until I' know I'm well into ketosis. I'll start adding them back in eventually.

foxylady 03-30-2014 07:03 PM

April will be my month to join up once again. I'll be cruzin' at the end of April and want to lose what I can. Of course Easter is in there, so I will be with family; however, I know we are grilling steaks this year for Easter and that is ALLOWED on Stillman's! Hopefully the rest of the month will go smoothly and I'll be lookin' good in some new Spring attire. We're going on the Pacific Coast and we won't be snorkeling this trip, but we'll be doing plenty of walking.

Let's see what good results we can all get during April. Good luck, ladies!

jeezidunno 03-31-2014 05:25 AM

foxylady,

I'm jealous... I love cruises! Probably won't be taking any over the next few years due to going back to school and trying to start a family, and the necessity save money for all of that. But you can bet your butt we're taking a Mediterranean cruise once I graduate!

Are you doing the QWL?

Sexyback 03-31-2014 08:24 AM

Hi Ladies! I was on the March thread, and recommitting to the month of April to be 100%. I HATE eggs, so my challenge is a bit tricky, and have a tendency to add in the odd processed meat, but not this time.

My goal is to look good for a November Cruise, but I have lots to lose so need as much time as possible. (I used to work on ships and frankly, that's where I GAINED most of my weight! LMAO. Ironic hey?)

Kandi313 03-31-2014 10:09 AM

HEllo All, I will be joining this thread, as I did amazing in February as far as my commitment, i sucked in March, and I am looking to do big things in April. I will begin on Apr 1st and for a 30 day personal challenge, I have a trip to Miami planned on June 2nd and am focusing on getting ready for that, I am not always strict stillmans but I am gonna be strict low carbing at the very least. The things I am learning about my body are amazing, like just how bloated and yucky i feel in my tummy when consuming carbs, and how wonderful it feels for it to go away when Im not. Now if Mentally i can focus and continue I will have this in the bag :hyst:. My goal is to drop at least 15 by months end, i look forward to sharing with you ladies and being of any support that I can. Good Luck to us all :jumpjoy::shake:

SuzanneM 03-31-2014 11:43 AM

Good to see peeps on board for the April Challenge :up:

I'm starting my 3rd day on plan and down 4lbs in 2 days! woohoo, now it's the same 4 that I've been playing with for the past 6 months, so now I'm looking forward to entering virgin fat territory :)

Need to food shop today, more turkey burgers, eggs and shrimp are on the list - easy peasy, right.

foxylady 03-31-2014 11:53 AM

Yes, I'm doing QWL. Weighed 207.2 this morning. Waist = 39" Hips = 44". Had two boiled eggs so far today, and grilled chicken. Drank 32 oz. of water so far and it's barely noon so I know I'll make it past the 64 oz. mark. I've got piano lessons tonight so I won't even attempt any type of exercise. I do have a mini tramp and would like to try to get in a few minutes in the morning and night to see if that will expedite the process. I need to set some small goals for myself because otherwise I never get there! I'm thinking 195 by the time the cruise rolls around and 180 by the end of May. Then I'll set a new goal after we have met these incremental goals. I have never made it to the 160s as an adult after age 40 so I'm hoping to be able to set that goal later this year. I would like to buy a pair of jeans with a zipper and wear a Size 8 or below. I feel well and have lots of energy but since I'm getting older I would like to focus more on good blood work and blood pressure numbers. I'm wanting to be healthier so I can be around longer for my kids and grandkids. We've got 5 grandkids with number six on the way and due this July.

Have a marvelous Monday today and lots of QWL success!

sarahmakeskinny 03-31-2014 12:41 PM

I've been MIA from the entire March challenge. My husband lives at home with me now, and it's been a food free-for-all! Back on the wagon! I really want to be in the 170's by my birthday. I'll take 179.9. And OUT of the 170's by the end of April! It's go time! That puts me at two weeks to drop about 7lbs, and a month to drop 15-17. I'll be working in some gym time too to make sure this happens!

QWL here I come!

sarahmakeskinny 03-31-2014 12:58 PM

Wondering.... does anyone take any supplements? Aside from a multi?

Sexyback 03-31-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahmakeskinny (Post 16857627)
Wondering.... does anyone take any supplements? Aside from a multi?

You bet! I take magnesium, Vit D, and B12. I also take Potassium to prevent feeling cold while dropping pounds.

Cudabear 03-31-2014 01:23 PM

I'm In!
Heading off to my momís wedding in Vegas June 16th and have 15lbs to drop before then.

April Challenge:
Starting Weight: 154.5
Goal Weight: 149

1) Get below 150.. Hoping for 149.
2) Recommit to exercise and activity 3-5 days a week
3) Quit cheating all weekend long! Itís too hard trying to lose the 3lbs I put on over the weekend and then also drop enough to show a loss for the week.. Iím my own worse enemy. :mad:

sarahmakeskinny 03-31-2014 03:25 PM

Cudabear I do the same thing! Eat over the weekend, have to drop the bloat weight... and then repeat cycle. No bueno!

jeezidunno 03-31-2014 04:36 PM

Hey ladies!

Well, this girl is officially in ketosis! Just in time to start the challenge.

As for the question about supplements, I take a multi-vitamin, in addition to folate, B-12, and Vitex (used to regulate cycles/ aid in fertility).

SlimFast 03-31-2014 06:54 PM

I'll join. :)

I will weigh tomorrow "officially" but I was at 198.8 this morning. Looking forward to HUGE April losses! :)

Re: Supplements... I take a multi, potassium, and magnesium.

Good luck everyone!

trisholeary 04-01-2014 04:18 AM

I would like to jump in on this challenge gals :)

I have been off track for the last couple years.

I will do my measurements and weight tomorrow morning and post that along with everything I eat and any exercises that I do.

Cheers,

Trish

Jennyl 04-01-2014 04:49 AM

I've never tried still mans before. I'm thinking about it. But then I was thinking about lowcarb last week and I lasted about 12 hours

jeezidunno 04-01-2014 07:12 AM

Two days in, and I'm already down about 5 pounds :jumpjoy:

I started at 187.6, and today I'm 182.8. I told myself I wanted to lose 10 pounds this month, but... at this rate, perhaps I should bump it up to 15?? Wednesday is going to set me back since I have plans to go get Indian food (plans have been made for a while- saying goodbye to a good friend), but at least I know I can get back on track quickly.

:welcome: to everyone joining us, and good luck!!

jeezidunno 04-01-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennyl (Post 16858335)
I've never tried still mans before. I'm thinking about it. But then I was thinking about lowcarb last week and I lasted about 12 hours

Jenny, it definitely is difficult. I LOVE carbs. Seriously. I'm not fooling myself into thinking I can stay low-carb forever- it's just to jump-start my weight loss. If I reach my initial goal, I'll transition back to healthy eating (including carbs!) after this month is over.

Sexyback 04-01-2014 08:30 AM

Started today at 218 which is only .4 higher than my lowest from last week (before my derailed day). Dropped 1.4 lbs from yesterday.

My "lofty" goal for this month is to enter May in Onederland. But I will be happy with 203. I don't lose as fast as I used to when I was in my 20s. lol.

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Kandi313 04-01-2014 08:47 AM

Wow weighed this morning after carbing out for what seems like forever, I havent been able to regain my focus as quickly as I have regained my weight:rofl: Starting this challenge with some mini goals and my first is to simply stay on plan :o, Good Luck to everyone my weight today is a hefty 213.3 and I have noone to blame but my weak minded self, after pigging out on 2 bags of peanut butter eggs, Chocolate chip cookies and about a half a tub of cookie dough, I didnt really expect anything different, BUT IT IS A NEW MONTH< BRUSHING THAT OFF ALONG WITH THE MISERABLE WINTER AND HERE I AM YET AGAIN FLAWS AND ALL:eek:

SuzanneM 04-01-2014 09:03 AM

Ugh morning of day 4 and woke to a splitting headache :cry: I've been just barely getting my 64oz of water in, so I know I need to bump that up, especially during these intial stages.
I was down 4lbs in 2 days yesterday, but not at my house to weigh in this morning, so will have to wait till it get back on Thursday. I'm not usually a daily weigher, so I'm good every 2 or 3 days- but very motivating to see the scale go down.
Well done Jeezidunno - great loss! More power to you with the Indian food - that's always a 5 lbs bounce for me :sad:

Yesterday I found these at the grocery and ate 4 of them for the day, they seemed to fit the criteria for low fat, no carb, but I think the sodium may have been too much.

Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage | Nutritional Information | Jennie-O Turkey

Back to less sodium today, but appetite suppression seems to have really kicked in, so I'll power through.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day :up:

3/29 - 140
3/30 - 139
3/31 - 136
1/4 - no weigh

SuzanneM 04-01-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennyl (Post 16858335)

Jenny, I've been a pretty consistent low carber for a long time, and Stillmans is kicking my butt! It's tres boring and if you are a foodie, which I know you are, it will definitely not tantalise your taste buds ;)

I've been stuck for ever though on high fat, so giving this the old college try - my mantra is food is fuel - rah, rah, rah :birthday:

Kandi313 04-01-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzanneM (Post 16858686)
Ugh morning of day 4 and woke to a splitting headache :cry: I've been just barely getting my 64oz of water in, so I know I need to bump that up, especially during these intial stages.
I was down 4lbs in 2 days yesterday, but not at my house to weigh in this morning, so will have to wait till it get back on Thursday. I'm not usually a daily weigher, so I'm good every 2 or 3 days- but very motivating to see the scale go down.
Well done Jeezidunno - great loss! More power to you with the Indian food - that's always a 5 lbs bounce for me :sad:

Yesterday I found these at the grocery and ate 4 of them for the day, they seemed to fit the criteria for low fat, no carb, but I think the sodium may have been too much.

Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage | Nutritional Information | Jennie-O Turkey

Back to less sodium today, but appetite suppression seems to have really kicked in, so I'll power through.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day :up:

Believe it or not That headache is a good sign as well, its ur body adjusting to the withdrawal of carbs, and it too can mean u r losing pounds :clap:, It will go away , hang in there u r doing great (said the YO-Yo carber) :rofl:
lol

sarahmakeskinny 04-01-2014 09:50 AM

Good morning ladies! April Stills is underway!

I do have some obstacles this month. One, being my birthday.... which will be celebrated twice because of family coming into town. Which we all know, that means big family meals. I do the best I can at these things- but it's hard! I will probably eat whatever I want on my actual birthday, for dinner. The other celebration I should be able to meander around and avoid going to carb town. The other, is a four day visit from my in-laws at the end of this month. Which doesn't mean food- it means alcohol. Lots. And lots. Of alcohol. We'll see what I can do there, haha.

Other than that- I should be good.... that's only, what, a totaled week or so of challenges?! I actually took the liberty of counting the days I have sans complications, should there be any, and it's like 23 days. 23 days of perfection, they must be, if I want to even come close to my goal of being in the mid 170's by the time May hits. I'd like to hit my UGW in June- somewhere around 165. I've already lost about 25lbs since my highest..... and I'm SO proud of that. The goal is so close I can taste it. Losing another 25lbs is a lot less daunting than 50!

Because I have a time constraint, I'll be making very regular visits to the gym- my usual elliptical there is probably looking a little dusty. Lots of HIIT cardio in my future.

Also.... how many of you drink half and half/ect in your coffee? Does it seem to hinder you at all?

foxylady 04-01-2014 11:43 AM

One day works wonders going full boar on Stillman's. Down 2.2# the first day. And I just couldn't help myself so I measured again. Down 1". How does that happen? Do carbs plump you up that quickly? UGH! Why can't we overcome this yoyo in our lives? Don't you ever get sick and tired of dieting and feeling "abnormal"? Plus, I've tried every diet in the book and spent thousands of dollars on these diets and the newest diet book. I even tried "Eat to Live" following the fruits & veggies for a month and only lost 3.5# the whole month! GRRRRR. I think we need to change our thinking. We cannot "just" diet. We have to be committed to a certain size and weight and do everything humanly possible to stay there once we get there.

So... Stillman's works quickly IF you do it 100% and do not add anything... and that's exactly what the plans says... ANYTHING to the foods allowed. Otherwise you go out of Ketosis and it takes 2-3 days to get back into it.

I think, too, if you "plan" a certain amount of time to remain on it... like 3 weeks and then you have a "cheat" and then you need to "plan" when you are jumping right back into Stillman's, maybe we can conquer the yoyo thing.

Onederland is only a few days away for me... I am RUNNING to get there! :jumpjoy:

diamondgal 04-01-2014 12:41 PM

Hi, Ladies... I have never done this before. I'm in for April. Want to lose about 20 lbs. Best wishes to everyone!