Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
I Was Made This Way! Hi doll.

I want to suggest that you lose the Coconut and Flax oil for a while... Reason being that they are both loaded with fat gr. I know that you know this but if you want to do rapid wt. loss I would suggest you drop these. I remember you saying last month that you upped your fat calories and had no success. I think you even took a break as a result of being discouraged. Trust me, been-there-done-that...

So, what I think would help you is to either do all Stills/Dukan or just go do full on Natural Ketosis as having a lot of protein mixed with even moderate fat will not glean the results you want... I see that you are calculating your Protein to be 156 grs a day and this is a lot especially if you are adding fat. Protein will turn into added glucose if you are consuming too much. This is a good thing when that is all you are eating, but with adding more fat, your body will not use your stored fats for fuel in the presence of this much protein. Does that make sense?

Also, what has helped me is getting Psyllium Husks and taking 1000 or so Mag pills at night. I am as regular as a clock and don't have the added carbs.

I hope this helps. I know there is a board that gals are losing with minimal protein and higher fats. This works for some, maybe this could be your ticket. I would just stop the coconut oil and such and keep it solid Stills for a while and see how this works.

HUGS,
Beth

Last edited by BBare; 04-07-2014 at 05:01 PM..
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

IWBTW, Have you ever read The Dukan Diet? It's basically Stillmans but Dr. Dukan explains all the physiological benefits of eating only lean protein and slashing all carbs and eating as low of fat as you can. I lost an incredible amount of wt. three summers ago when I was very strick with all lean proteins only. I think my carbs with eggs and Laughing Cow Cheese was like 3! I lost 22 lbs. my first month and in 14 days of the next month, I lost another 12in the next 2 and half weeks to follow!

I was AMAZED! Dr. Dukan goes on to say that the Specific Dynamic Action of protein metabolism is such that it take 30 percent of the calories in protein just to break it down for use in the body. So, if you are eating 1500 cals a day in all pure protein alone, then 500 of those calories are absorbed just in the catabolic reactions of breaking down the protein...

So, if you are throwing xyz carbs, and fat even if they are minimal this deminishes the power of pure proteins ability to rip fat off our bodies.

Hope this helps. Trust me, I've done it all. I couldn't lose wt. on 38 carbs a day and minimal fat so I kept trying to find my answer!

Hugs,
Beth
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aline58
Stats: 210/197/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 09 2014
STILLMANS STARTING OUT

I have created my own version of this and ost 22 in 2-3weeks easily. Iw as not tired, and I had no veggies, only a couple oninos in tuna sala d with a dash of mayo and mustard to keep it moist once a day.
It truly lose the right amont and I kept that weight of for a very long time. I have been ill for a few months and now am feeling well enough to try my version again.

Im just starting this week once I get the grocery list for it.
How are you all doing so far?
aline58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/183/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 TOM
Apr 6 - 216.0 TOM
Apr 7 - 213.6
Week 1: Loss of 5.8 (ended march at 219.4)
Apr 8 - 213.0

NSV: I had to go through my bin of "smaller" (16) clothing to find work pants that don't look sloppy on me. Everything that is now too big has gone into the bin for my sister, who is on her way to getting down to my 18s. Spring is just about completely here so I should be able to fit my size 14 capris very soon!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
I couldn't lose wt. on 38 carbs a day
Agreed! I find that 38-50 carbs, for me, is great for maintenance! To lose, I have found that I have to keep it under 20, preferably under 10.

Love your posts by the way BBare.
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 TOM
Apr 6 - 216.0 TOM
Apr 7 - 213.6
Apr 8 - 213.0

NSV: I had to go through my bin of "smaller" (16) clothing to find work pants that don't look sloppy on me. Everything that is now too big has gone into the bin for my sister, who is on her way to getting down to my 18s. Spring is just about completely here so I should be able to fit my size 14 capris very soon!
Congrats i remember that feeling and it feels amazing.
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 213.3
Apr 2 208.1
Apr 3 207.0
Apr 4 206.7
Apr 5 DW
Apr 6 DW
Apr 7 208.4 <~
Apr 8 208.3
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alicat3924
Stats: 290/177/145
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: April 5, 2014
NEW Here :)

Good Morning Everyone!

I heard about this Stillman Diet from a Girlfriend of mine and I started it on Sunday... so far I am down 4 lbs (YAY) HOWEVER...I am having a hard time with the food (eggs - no butter or olive oil) Lean Ground Beef (YUCK) I never really liked cottage cheese much. I read through the recipes but was hoping someone could share what food has helped them stay on track...I don't want to give up because I can't find foods to eat. I see some people eat low fat cheese, some 80/20 beef, some salmon....are these modifications ok - do they allow for losses as big? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!! I have lost over 100 lbs on a modified Atkins Diet, but I can't seem to lose the last 20 lbs for the life of me so I am here to give this diet a try and see if it helps me get these last 20 off.
Alicat3924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Apr 1 213.3
Apr 2 208.1
Apr 3 207.0
Apr 4 206.7
Apr 5 DW
Apr 6 DW
Apr 7 208.4 <~
Apr 8 208.3
Kandi, what are your portion sizes like? I usually stick with protein portions of about 3.5-4 oz each, and spread them out for each meal.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newjulie
Stillman & HCG

Good Morning!
aline58, BBare --- congratulations of fantastic results. I believe that's what comes of listening to your body within the framework of the plan.

Aline - hope you are feeling wonderful!
BBare - great advice. I went on the Dukan site a while back & based on my history, he estimates the lowest I can be & stick is 158. I am 5'4" and over 60and have had weight issues my whole life so that makes sense. I don't often even reach that low a number before I bounce back up. What are you doing to maintain? I have a bunch of friends that have gone thru HCG rounds and Atkins and we get the weight off but cannot keep it off - very frustrating.
BTW, the science you mentioned was first articulated by Dr Stillman. He mentioned that the usual daily cals was around 900 w all protein and we wld burn up at least 275 bc of digestion. So about the same ratio you mentioned.
Sexyback;Great job! Love getting into new sizes --- YAY!

AFM... I am doing Stillman while on an HCG product which means I had to LOAD on carbs & fat first so my body wld burn fat ---short version.
So I gained 7 on the 2 day load - a lot of water wt Im sure since I was on Atkins beforehand. After 1 day on Stillman/HCG, I lost 3.6 - so half the load wt is off. Hopefully the rest will fall off quickly and I can see new #s this week. I am explaining all this bc I don't wish to misrepresent my loss.

Have a great day everyone! Happy losses!
Newjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kandi, what are your portion sizes like? I usually stick with protein portions of about 3.5-4 oz each, and spread them out for each meal.
About the same as u, i usually eat 1 grilled chicken breast for lunch, 2 small pieces of talipia or some sort of lean meat for dinner, I am really retaining water this time, i have belly fat that i have never had before, nothing seems to be working i drink about 80-100 ounce of water a day...i am still hanging in there and I know im doin g it right,. lol so i vowed to have a little more patience this month than i did last month lol
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat3924 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I heard about this Stillman Diet from a Girlfriend of mine and I started it on Sunday... so far I am down 4 lbs (YAY) HOWEVER...I am having a hard time with the food (eggs - no butter or olive oil) Lean Ground Beef (YUCK) I never really liked cottage cheese much. I read through the recipes but was hoping someone could share what food has helped them stay on track...I don't want to give up because I can't find foods to eat. I see some people eat low fat cheese, some 80/20 beef, some salmon....are these modifications ok - do they allow for losses as big? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!! I have lost over 100 lbs on a modified Atkins Diet, but I can't seem to lose the last 20 lbs for the life of me so I am here to give this diet a try and see if it helps me get these last 20 off.
Alicat and congrats on your 100lbs weightloss.
I'm 10 days in on the plan and coming from high fat/low carb, I had a really hard time adjusting to the limited foods, I've stuck to turkey burgers, eggs, shrimp and the laughing cow wedges, (not a cottage cheese fan at all) my saving grace has been the Heinz reduced sugar ketchup, to combat the dryness of everything!
It's really boring, I just ate every 4-5 hours and whiteknuckled through getting into ketosis. The payoff for me, has been I've dropped 9lbs now in 10 days and nothing has worked like this in shedding the water weight and pounds. All been worth it.
I'm now firmly in ketosis and have to say my appetite is nil and I have to remember to eat, it's great to look at food as fuel, instead of what I'm craving.
There's a Stillmans recipes section, if you want to get creative with spices etc with the food.
Good Luck!
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much Suzanne! I will try the laughing cow wedges, I picked up the Reduced Sugar Ketchup last night (was hard to find out here)... These first few days have been hard, but I can't wait until I stop thinking about eating LOL
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah, it was day 5 or 6, until I started to feel human again Water is really important too, I get in a minimum of 64oz a day.
I came up with a concoction yesterday, that is pretty tasty.
Cooked up a whole bunch of lean ground turkey in a skillet, and added some watered down sugar free ketchup, for the sauce and then added some cumin and chili powder. I then portioned it out to 4 oz serving containers, and I'm good for a couple of days.

Huge added bonus, is I've saved so much money on groceries and eating out - past 10 days - more money for new skinny jeans

Last edited by SuzanneM; 04-08-2014 at 09:51 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

That sounds tasty Suzanne, thanks for that! I am drinking min 3 liters a day of water, unfortunately I just lost $$$ trying foods that I can't stomach (LF cheese, 95% lean beef, cottage cheese)....I think for a while I will stick to turkey, chicken and eggs...then add the 80/20 beef once in Ketosis and see if that changes my losses.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

Thanks Sexy Back, SB, for short I appreciate your kind words. I want to do all I can to help as I suffered so greatly when I got preggers and my Thyroid completely stopped working. I was so sick and didn't have a Dr. who could help me... But, THNK GOD, he showed me the way! You are rockin' it girlie girl. KUTGW!!!

KANDI, Hang in there! Sometimes if I am totally struggling and if I wasn't all that great on my diet, going back and forth, my body would be angry with me for a while and stop losing wt. Give it time as you have been off course a bit. It will work, I promise. And, it will work miraculously, if you give it time. Just do it and get your mind and heart onto something else. So often when I focus so intently on something which has sooooo many variables, I find it easier to CHANGE THE CHANNEL and let things rest. Maybe this could help you as well. Keep your food simple and change the channel. Focus on how awesome you are going to feel by this Summer. U CAN DO IT!

SUZANNE, YOU GO GIRL! Isn't Stills the BOMB! MY GOODNESS, I wish I discovered this years before I went through the torture of not knowing what works for me... Ck this out, use any Diet Soda with a tiny bit of Arrowroot to thicken, add spices and a wee bit of ckn stock and put this liquid in a crock pot. NO SUGAR and it's amazing. I do this with Rootbeer and make Jamaican jerk ckn breast. SOOO YUMMY. It will help with the added carbs that is the Sugar Free Ketchup! Give it a shot. I use packaged soups that are zero carb as well with Diet Seven Up. INSANELY DELICIOUS!

Also, give this a try if you have a sweet tooth. Get carton eggs/ or whites and sprinkle pumpkin pie spices in it; use as much as you like, add a packet of Truvia and NON FAT CREAM CHEESE on top and it taste like a crepe. MINIMAL CARBS AND ZERO FAT, All Stills all the way...

NEWJULIE! I want to encourage you that you do not have to do Hcg on this diet. I don't know where you are with this but eliminating all fat and all carbs will allow your body to rip through your fat stores without adding this hormone. AND, the refeed is such a deterrent. You are messing with two types of metabolism and it is not productive. Get into Ketosis and stay there. Going back and forth from Glucose burning to quazi Fat burning is going to get you NOWHERE! I hate to see your not succeeding.

All the rest, hope all is going amazingly for everyone of you. I'm on the home stretch, 10 more to go and I'm right-as-rain!

KEEP IT LEAN, KEEP IT KEEN, and you'll be a FAT-BURNIN'-MACHINE IN NO TEEM!

XO
Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kandi313;Keep dinking that water ---have a feeling you are in for a big woosh. Have you lost a lot in a short amount of time? Your body could be adjusting before it lets go again. Hang in there.

BBare; Are you taking anything for your thyroid? I am hypoT and taking Synthroid ...makes things a little trickier. I have some nodules too that I would like to shrink. Still looking for a GOOD endo.
Thanks for the WELCOME & great tips on using D Soda for cooking. Its amazing how creative we can get with such limited choices. It must be amazing to be sooo close to goal --- congratulations! I wonder what that feels like????
Suzanne, great job on dropping the 9 lbs --- soo fast!!! Thanks for the great recipe; will try that for sure.

AFM...2 days in and down 6.8 Gotta love it! Should see new numbers tomorrow!!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Thank You BBAre and NewJulie, Im in for the long hall this time, my mind is right and im waiting for my body to catch up ...I am more so worried with my thyroid, im supposed to have it removed on 4/22, I have 5 nodules 1 being 4 1/2 cent...and they wont test it since its over 3 cent....however the Doctor said to me " you can expect to gain 20 pounds , i said huh, I have gained 20 pounds since Nov because of this,, he said " Not because of your thyroid its functioning properly"?????? REALLY,and i didnt think of this until I was on my way home, but if its functioning properly and the nodules are not bothering me, why on earth would you want to remove my whole thyroid???/ so now i am in a dilemma because, I cant afford another 20 or 30 pound weight gain, and i am concerned that once I have this surgery all else will begin to go downhill ....CONFUSED to say the least.

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 213.3
Apr 2 208.1
Apr 3 207.0
Apr 4 206.7
Apr 5 DW
Apr 6 DW
Apr 7 208.4 <~
Apr 8 208.3
Apr 9 206.8 <~
Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 TOM
Apr 6 - 216.0 TOM
Apr 7 - 213.6
Apr 8 - 213.0
Apr 9 - 213.6 Not quite sure what happened there....I ate decent and pounded back the water. Oh Well!! Tomorrow is another day!

Kandi! - Great loss today!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
I am more so worried with my thyroid, im supposed to have it removed on 4/22, I have 5 nodules 1 being 4 1/2 cent...and they wont test it since its over 3 cent....however the Doctor said to me " you can expect to gain 20 pounds :eek...so now i am in a dilemma because, I cant afford another 20 or 30 pound weight gain, and i am concerned that once I have this surgery all else will begin to go downhill ....CONFUSED to say the least.
ld

Hey Kandi! Great loss --- congrats on the woosh! Can you get a second opinion? I would.... I have read that Aspirating the nodules may be an effective alternative to surgery. I have no medical training - just share your condition & concerns. There is also a web site called Stop The Thyroid Madness --- she has written very detailed books about treating the thyroid.Hope you find the right answer for you.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

Bbare thank you for your support! You seem very knowledgable on this woe, and your results sure show it. I did actually order the Dukan diet book when I was looking into this woe, but it came in audio so will get it again. I'd like to read the science behind this woe. I'm also 10 lbs to goal, so close I can taste it

Newjulie - great loss for 2 days, isn't it great.

Kandi, I'm confused about your thyroid too, they want to remove it, even though it's functioning fine?? It does sound like you have something funky going on with it, hope you get to the bottom of it

I did get into some nuts yesterday, I had a hungry day for a change, so my fat and carbs were way high, but I'm ok with it as some days I've only been getting in about 600 cals, so good to mix it up, I think?
Looking forward to my weigh in on Sat, it will be a full 14 days on plan, I never thought I'd get this far I'm not looking for a big loss, after dropping a bunch the first week, but 2 lbs in the right direction will suffice
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjulie View Post
ld

Hey Kandi! Great loss --- congrats on the woosh! Can you get a second opinion? I would.... I have read that Aspirating the nodules may be an effective alternative to surgery. I have no medical training - just share your condition & concerns. There is also a web site called Stop The Thyroid Madness --- she has written very detailed books about treating the thyroid.Hope you find the right answer for you.
Thank you, I am in process of second opinion, and I will look into that for sure...Im 41 and havent been ill enough a day in my life to be in hospital, other than having my kids, and I found all this out during my yearly, but the nodule that they are saying that is so big, i have had for YEARS....i have felt it, went to doctor about it and i suppose since I didnt have insurance at that time, they werent concerned and sent me on my merry way. NOw all of a suddden I have insurance and its an issue...idk just tryin to wrap my brain around it and I will eventually but thank u

SEXYBACK, u will be just fine, u always have been thus far..ur still my inspriration
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Bbare thank you for your support! You seem very knowledgable on this woe, and your results sure show it. I did actually order the Dukan diet book when I was looking into this woe, but it came in audio so will get it again. I'd like to read the science behind this woe. I'm also 10 lbs to goal, so close I can taste it

Newjulie - great loss for 2 days, isn't it great.

Kandi, I'm confused about your thyroid too, they want to remove it, even though it's functioning fine?? It does sound like you have something funky going on with it, hope you get to the bottom of it

I did get into some nuts yesterday, I had a hungry day for a change, so my fat and carbs were way high, but I'm ok with it as some days I've only been getting in about 600 cals, so good to mix it up, I think?
Looking forward to my weigh in on Sat, it will be a full 14 days on plan, I never thought I'd get this far I'm not looking for a big loss, after dropping a bunch the first week, but 2 lbs in the right direction will suffice
Haha Glad Im not the only one thats confused about it, those were the doctors exact words, that it is functioning properly....and according to them my blood work came back normal as well ...think I will be postponing it until i can determine more....and im excited for your weigh in as well lol, u have been doing good on here and im curious to see what u have lost lol
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mauigal
Stats: 201/152/136
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins '72
I'm still plugging along and all is going fine. I feel lighter and can't wait to weigh in on Saturday. Still find I have to add a bit of fat to get through the day, but strict Stills is my goal. Must lose 30/40 lbs. by my kids' weddings - one in August, the other in October.

Alicat

Kandi congrats on getting back down. That's weird about your thyroid. I wouldn't want surgery if all is status quo.

Suzanne Great goin,' girl! You're my inspiration, although I've got 40 pounds to lose.

Sexyback Hang in there! But congrats on getting into smaller sizes!

Julie congrats on the great loss

BBare thanks for imparting your knowledge and for the recipes!

Talk to y'all later

Apr 1 - 179
May 1 - 169
Mauigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jeezidunno
Stats: 5'5" 187.6/177.6/145
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 30 March 2014
Hello ladies!

I've been MIA for a couple days, but I'm still hanging in there. It's just been a busy couple days. I'll post more details on how the Stills stuff is going when I get home later, but I didn't want you guys to think I gave up!
jeezidunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

KANDI, WAIT TO GET YOUR SURGERY, AND DO NNNNOOOOOOTTTTTT LET SOME DR. DICTATE TO YOU WHAT SHOULD BE TESTED OR NOT!! YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN BODY. DEMAND THAT THEY TEST IT. I AM SOOOO SORRY THAT THIS IS HAPPENING. I WANT YOU TO BE VERY AGGRESSIVE IN TREATING YOURSELF. I HAVE A FEW SUGGESTIONS:

1. START TAKING IODINE THREE TIMES A DAY! YOU CAN GET IT AT THE HEALTHFOOD STROE. USE IODIZED SALT ON EVERYTHING.

2. TAKE CLINICAL AMOUNTS OF VIT D3. DO A GOOGLE ON IT. ALSO, GOOGLE HOW TO HEAL YOUR THYROID.

3 STOP EATING ALL SOY AND CRUCIFEROUS VEGGIES FOR A WHILE TILL YOU GET THE THYROID STABLE.

4. FIND A DR. AS CLOSE TO YOU AS POSSIBLE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY IMMEDIATELY.

OMG!!! THIS IS SERIOUS AND YOU MUST NOT ALLOW THEN TO TAKE YOUR THYROID WILLIENILLIE. They are in it for your money, period and you can cure yourself with HRT and nutrition.

Please, get Suzzane Summers SEXY YEARS, OR YOUNG FOREVER and this will really help you with understanding HORMONE THERAPY!

I had a nodule on my Thyroid during pregnancy and I just knew it was due to love Thyroxin. I waited till the baby came and found a Dr. who knew what the heck to do for me.

NEWJULIE!!! Here is the dealio with THYROID MEDS. OFTEN TIMES our bodies do not know how to take the T4 and convert it into the active hormone T# which the body uses in the cell Mitochondria. SO MANY ILL EDUCATED DR.S ONLY PRESCRIBE FREAKIN' SYNTHROID, A SYNTHETIC FREAKIN' HORMONE THAT IS ONLY T4!!! They also just test TSH which means NOTHING as to how much Hormone is acutally available for use by every freakin' cell in your body~ which are TRILLIONS!

TSH is a Pituitary Hormone which signals the Thyroid to produce and conVert T4 into T3... This test measures only the freakin' amount of this PITUITARY HORMONE and not actually the vital levels of FREE T3 that needs to be unbound and made to use. I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE> Also, you can have a freakin' HIGH LEVEL OF TSH and a stupid Dr. who doesn't know jack, will say, 'YOU'RE OK, YOUR LEVELS ARE IN THE NORMAL HIGH RANGE, SO GO HOME AND EAT LESS FOOD!" INSANITY!

So for all those with Thyroid issues, do a google on the symptoms of LOW T3 or Thyroxin. FIND A BIO IDENTICAL DR. WHo can save your life!!!!

I hope this helps you all! Get your IODINE, VITD3, Drink Green Tea throughout the day as this elevates Thyroid/metabolism and get medical assistance.

BIG HUGS!

Last edited by BBare; 04-09-2014 at 11:35 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 TOM
Apr 6 - 216.0 TOM
Apr 7 - 213.6
Apr 8 - 213.0
Apr 9 - 213.6
Apr 10 - 212.8 Ok, here is that bouncing ball I mentioned earlier. But hey! This number is a victory for me. This weigh in I am officially 30 lbs down from when I started Feb 1. It's a bitter sweet happiness though. You see, the last time I started to lose weight and was successful (at bringing it down, not keeping it from going back up, obviously LOL), 212 was my starting, highest, weight.

But I feel differently about it this time. Before, it was a race for me to get where I wanted to go so I could stop avoiding my favorite foods. This time, it feels more natural to give my body only what it needs and not use food as a form of entertainment anymore.

Anyway, that's my rambling for this morning! How did the rest of you do?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #149
LCD
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCD
Stats: 167/142/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2012
Kandi - I am going to TOTALLY agree with BBare - I took my own thyroid issues on and use Iodoral 25 mg daily as a part of my vitamins (and will forever) - order some, it is found on several internet sites - iodine/iodide combination - it is the way to go and I take clinical doses of d3 - I have been a big follower of QWL for years and also swear by the protein only diet to drop weight fast, your thryroid may just need nourishment and I used Iodoral and take a maintenance does daily now - started building up slowly at the beginning, about 18 months ago, to a daily dose of 50 mg (it does detox the system, slow build up is recommended) but do try this, i have a sister that has nodules now and she has started iodine supplementation instead of the doctor/surgeon suggestion for removal of her thyroid - she is on her way to better health and finally dropping some weight. I have no problem dropping weight any longer, especially with Stillmans' way of eating - it is part of my maintenance plan now - fyi... am 57 years old, post menopausal and a very normal BMI - i just thought I would comment, usually don't, surgery can be avoided. but whatever your decision, best of luck to you and to better health
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 TOM
Apr 6 - 216.0 TOM
Apr 7 - 213.6
Apr 8 - 213.0
Apr 9 - 213.6
Apr 10 - 212.8 Ok, here is that bouncing ball I mentioned earlier. But hey! This number is a victory for me. This weigh in I am officially 30 lbs down from when I started Feb 1. It's a bitter sweet happiness though. You see, the last time I started to lose weight and was successful (at bringing it down, not keeping it from going back up, obviously LOL), 212 was my starting, highest, weight.

But I feel differently about it this time. Before, it was a race for me to get where I wanted to go so I could stop avoiding my favorite foods. This time, it feels more natural to give my body only what it needs and not use food as a form of entertainment anymore.

Anyway, that's my rambling for this morning! How did the rest of you do?
INCREDIBLE, u r doing awesome, before long you will have caught me , Great Job u r an inspiration.