Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/183/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2

I ate really light yesterday. Missed breakfast except for my morning tea, because I was going to eat it at work, so it was in my lunch bag which I left on the kitchen counter. Ate tuna for lunch. Not my fave, so didn't eat the whole can. Drank LOADS of water. DH made rotisserie chicken last night which was amazing! Will have to do that again real quick. Yummy. I see cutting out my one meal with any fat, and all sodium really seems to be doing the trick. I feel sad though. I miss my low sodium bacon. Oh well!

I hope you all don't mind if I post my weigh in daily? I like to be able to see each day and how my previous day affected my morning weigh in, all in one place.

Oh! We must have a lot of April babies here! My bday is on the 11th. We plan to go out for steaks. I won't be on Stills for that meal, but I will be refusing the bread (OMG so good), the garlic mashed potatoes, and just asking for a salad to go with it. DH asked if we were going to order dessert. I said no. Just because it was my birthday doesn't mean I was going to sabotage myself! LOL he was so disappointed! Happy birthday girls!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Apr 1 213.3
Apr 2 208.1
Apr 3 207.0
Very nice Kandi!!
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Morning all

Hi junebug, wow that's an amazing loss in a month, have you maintained well on Atkins style eating? I can maintain pretty well on Atkins, but I want to maintain at a lower number is all

Good going jeeziedunno and you lost too!

Newjulie, jump in when your'e ready!

I did do a little one minute muffin, last night, egg, tbs butter, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar free syrup and microwaved - I know not purist Stills, but it saved me from getting into major trouble - it's about 300 cals and higher fat.
I feel a little puffy today, I think with the turkey bacon, so cleaner eating today, and looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2

I ate really light yesterday. Missed breakfast except for my morning tea, because I was going to eat it at work, so it was in my lunch bag which I left on the kitchen counter. Ate tuna for lunch. Not my fave, so didn't eat the whole can. Drank LOADS of water. DH made rotisserie chicken last night which was amazing! Will have to do that again real quick. Yummy. I see cutting out my one meal with any fat, and all sodium really seems to be doing the trick. I feel sad though. I miss my low sodium bacon. Oh well!

I hope you all don't mind if I post my weigh in daily? I like to be able to see each day and how my previous day affected my morning weigh in, all in one place.

Oh! We must have a lot of April babies here! My bday is on the 11th. We plan to go out for steaks. I won't be on Stills for that meal, but I will be refusing the bread (OMG so good), the garlic mashed potatoes, and just asking for a salad to go with it. DH asked if we were going to order dessert. I said no. Just because it was my birthday doesn't mean I was going to sabotage myself! LOL he was so disappointed! Happy birthday girls!
Your are moving right along nicely, I was surprised last night when I got home from work the hubby said come on we are going out to eat (that never happens (him takin iniative ) ) lol but he did and took us to Texas Roadhouse, I did eat a piece of prime rib (no fat) and a few bites of salad and unsweetened Tea, Not completely Stills , but I definitly didnt ruin my progress for once , It was a very low carb meal and great company and totally unexpected, and I was praying the scale didnt go up and it didnt so it was a win win, lol, Enjoy your bday dinner sounds like u have a plan and thats great, mine is coming up May 7th, and I too plan on staying true , finally got my mental aspect of this diet back yay

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I am still hanging on. My stick was dark pink this morning and I didn't wake up starving. I should be OK with cravings now. I am happy with the loses so far but I can not wait till I get to about 210. I haven't really been about to get past that for quite awhile. Maybe by the end of the month!

Day 1 229.6
Day 2 227.4
Day 3 225.6

Newjulie Welcome back to Stillmans! I hope you have a great birthday and then lose all the weight you want afterwards.

jeezidunno Great job! You ate out and still managed a loss. That is amazing control. No doggie bag.

junebug Welcome back!

Kandi You're going down. Great job! Getting close to onederland.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am still hanging on. My stick was dark pink this morning and I didn't wake up starving. I should be OK with cravings now. I am happy with the loses so far but I can not wait till I get to about 210. I haven't really been about to get past that for quite awhile. Maybe by the end of the month!

Day 1 229.6
Day 2 227.4
Day 3 225.6

Newjulie Welcome back to Stillmans! I hope you have a great birthday and then lose all the weight you want afterwards.

jeezidunno Great job! You ate out and still managed a loss. That is amazing control. No doggie bag.

junebug Welcome back!

Thank you, I have the headache today ughhh, but it too will pass ,and congrats to u as well 4 pounds in 3 days not to shabby
Old 04-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jeezidunno
Stats: 5'5" 187.6/177.6/145
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 30 March 2014
Quote:

Day 1 229.6
Day 2 227.4
Day 3 225.6

junebug Welcome back!

Thanks! I think I'm fully into this thing now- I should be starving, but I'm not. I've taken in just under 1000 calories today... I know that's low, but I've been so busy, and it's already almost 9pm so I don't want to eat anything else, and I'm NOT HUNGRY! And, I actually did eat four separate times today, but they've just been small amounts. I love this!
jeezidunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

You're rocking this plan jeeziedunno

I went back to work today, after 5 days off, and it's much easier to stick to plan when I'm busy and not thinking about food so much, I packed up 4 turkey burgers and munched on them during the day.

I also indulged twice! in a Starbucks Venti Zen iced tea (unsweetened of course) it's green tea with lemongrass and spearmint, so good and a good way to get my liquids in- at $2.75 a pop, I won't be making it a habit, so bought the Tazos tea they use and will add it to my water bottle.

So what are you all eating to get through your day? I'm always looking for ways to mix it up.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 213.3
Apr 2 208.1
Apr 3 207.0
Apr 4 206.7
Old 04-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

And so the slow down begins, BUT I am goin thru this with a different thought process and at this point any loss is still a loss, hope everyone has a great weekend and we all stay on plan <~~~
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
So what are you all eating to get through your day? I'm always looking for ways to mix it up.
I actually had to go back and read through what is allowed on Stills yesterday, (it's been a few years since I've done Stills, and I thought I knew what I was doing) and I realize now that I'm not being STRICTLY Stills, but it's as close as I'm going to get if I'm going to stay on track. It's working for me, so I'm going to stick to it. An example of some of what I've eaten a couple days this week:

Yesterday:

Breakfast- Atkins shake (2 net carbs)

Lunch- 2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 an italian sausage link (only because they needed to be cooked eventually-thankfully there's no more left!) and maybe a TBS of shredded extra sharp cheddar (again, because it was in my refrigerator, and I didn't want it to go to waste).

Snack- Hard boiled egg

Dinner- 8 oz of grilled chicken breast cooked with chili powder, a bit of lime juice and a sprinkle of the extra sharp cheddar (it's almost gone!)

The day before the Indian food:

Breakfast- Two eggs over easy and 2 pieces of bacon

Snack- 2 oz of smoked deli turkey breast

Lunch- 6 oz of grilled tilapia

Snack- 3 oz of shrimp with about 2 TBS cocktail sauce

Dinner- Turkey burger with a sprinkle of the extra sharp cheddar

Looking at this, am I actually more Atkins than Stillmans, or... what exactly am I doing? I'm definitely taking in more fat than traditional Stills, but it falls within a "normal" range of fat intake according to the FDA. Hmm...

Edited to add: I have also been taking in no less than 12 (8 oz) cups of water a day.

Last edited by jeezidunno; 04-04-2014 at 06:40 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
And so the slow down begins, BUT I am goin thru this with a different thought process and at this point any loss is still a loss, hope everyone has a great weekend and we all stay on plan <~~~
Same here, Kandi- I lost .6 yesterday, and .6 again today but a loss is a loss!! As long as the scale moves in the right direction, I refuse to lose hope.

I also haven't been working out, but I'm about to start adding that to the mix, especially since I'm on "Spring Break" now. All that really means though is that I still have to go to my full-time job, I just don't have to go to classes and worry about school work this week so I have extra time. Once I'm back in class, I'll figure out a way to squeeze in workouts.. I have to!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:07 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Can't catch a break on the virus front. I got another cold. In the past I would ues it as an excuse to go off. Not this time. My cold better like protein!
I can tell I am in ketosis. I need less sleep. I woke up 2 hours early today and could not go back to sleep. It's great!

Day 1 229.6
Day 2 227.4
Day 3 225.6
Day 4 225.2

Kandi I am doing the same as you. I do not care if it a .2 loss. I will take it. ANY number lower is a good thing. It is the stalls and slight gains I am worried about. I will talk myself off that ledge when it happens.

jeezidunno I have been on and off stillsmans for so long that what I eat has changed. I can not do plain chicken, tuna, or turkey anymore. (plain to me is just a little seasoning) For the longest time I could not even look at a chicken breast without wanting to gag.
Now my meals are a bit higher in fat but it is needed for me to hang on.

For breakfast I have 1 sausage patty with an over easy egg on top. Lunch and dinner is a rotating meal plan of ground turkey with a small amount of mustard and low sugar ketchup, salmon patties, hamburger patties with a little mayo, chicken breast with a little mayo and parmesan baked on top (sometimes with just a little Red Hot). On high calorie days (about every 3rd day) I eat tuna with quite a bit of mayo, bacon crumbles, mustard, and onion, and I will add some shredded cheddar to my hamburger patty.
I also eat BBQ pork rinds on Saturday night in place of popcorn for family movie night.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0

My slow down hit as well, but it's too be expected. Just as long as it's going in the right direction. According to my geeky tracking spreadsheet, my required loss per week is 2.5 lbs to reach my goal in November. With the losses I had the last 5 days, I am now caught up on last week and am 2.3 lbs into this week. However, I couldn't stay away from the bacon this morning. We MUST go shopping again. I made some nice beef chunks last night, really tender and yummy. Got up this morning and they were all gone. Damn teenagers LOL. I think I might have to start labeling my food like in a college dorm!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

For breakfast I have 1 sausage patty with an over easy egg on top. Lunch and dinner is a rotating meal plan of ground turkey with a small amount of mustard and low sugar ketchup, salmon patties, hamburger patties with a little mayo, chicken breast with a little mayo and parmesan baked on top (sometimes with just a little Red Hot). On high calorie days (about every 3rd day) I eat tuna with quite a bit of mayo, bacon crumbles, mustard, and onion, and I will add some shredded cheddar to my hamburger patty.
I also eat BBQ pork rinds on Saturday night in place of popcorn for family movie night.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I briefly thought about kicking myself out of the challenge, simply because I realized I'm not doing strict Stills.

Even with the amount of fat I'm taking in, my carb intake is VERY minimal, and my calorie count hasn't exceeded 1200 on any given day. I think I am going to start a calorie cycle thing though, like you do. I've heard about it, and I think I may have even tried it once before, and remember it working for me. Maybe go up to 1400 at the very most on those days. What do you consider "high" on your high-calorie day?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Oh! I also ate a bit off plan last night. I took a St.Joseph's low carb Lavash bread, spread on some low sugar pizza sauce, skim mozzarella and dry pepperoni slices with some pizza seasoning and baked it until melted. Worked out to about 289 Cals, 15 carbs (was still only 20 for the day, but my highest in a while), 19 fat, 22 protein. I was craving pizza (my all time fave food), so instead of caving completely, this was my alternative. I also didn't eat much throughout the day so my total intake was really low, my carb ratio was a bit high though. Frankly, I can live with this, as I'm still losing, and back on plan today.

I am also ordering some really wicked seasonings that are super low sodium and gluten free. I particularly like the Sansels (without salt). ChiliLime and RedGarlic. Yum! They are a really nice way to add flavour to bland chicken! Or steamed veggies, when not on stillmans. I bet they would make eggs taste better... no wait, nothing can make eggs taste better. LOL. Sorry.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Jeezidunno and BrattyS for posting your eats, I think they look great for a lower fat, high protein plan.
I'm still doing my 2 tbs of hwc in my morning coffee - 100 cals of fat - I don't eat breakfast and it really lasts me the morning.
Like I said I've come from a high fat/low carb woe, and this is a big tweak for me to experiment with low fat - #1 to shed some pounds and #2 the high fat was messing with my pre meno hormones, I think? from all I've been reading.

I'm not interested in weighing right now, because I'll be disappointed if I've put in all this hard work and see no loss right now, so think I'll wait till Monday. I know my water weight is gone with the 4lbs loss.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Sexyback that low carb pizza sounds delish - good save! I'm a huge believer in progress not perfection.
It seems there are always the hardcore purists in any plan, who will beat you over the head, for not doing it the 'right' way, doesn't seem like there are any in here

meh, it's only food! do what works for you.

Last edited by SuzanneM; 04-04-2014 at 08:24 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Sexyback that low carb pizza sounds delish - good save! I'm a huge believer in progress not perfection.
It seems there are always the hardcore purists in any plan, who will beat you over the head, for not doing it the 'right' way, doesn't seem like there are any in here

meh, it's only food! do what works for you.
For some of us coming over from last month, most are not 'purists'. We are all trying to find our own way through it. I try and use Stillman's as a guide mostly, but you are right, we are not always perfect. I think if we stay aware of our choices, and don't eat mindlessly, we will usually be more aware of the WHY, when our scales don't go down (although not always the case). I know that I eat more processed meat than I should, I occasionally will eat cheese (can't stand cottage cheese blech), and will sometimes add a little more fat in my diet on an infrequent basis so that I can enjoy my food once in a while.

For being in this thread (i'm not the one that started it though, so correct me if I'm wrong please OP) when you ask advice, we can give the "Stillman's" version, but also an alternate n=1 version.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies, Good Job Bratty, i use to be the same way with using a sickness for an excuse, but I just cant do it any more , if i dont take me seriuosly noone will , Jeezidunno this thread helps me alot to stay on track and keep accountability, i use to give up semi easily when the progress stops or goes in the other direction, but my thought process now is if i give up I will never know where my weight could be in 30 days from now, and im so tired of losing 10 and gaining 15, and starting over and over and over , So it is at the very least to stay on plan and if i cave, i will cave on maybe additional carbs or fat, but not totally off like i use to..At least I have learned what to expect when I do this and it has helped me to look at it differently.

Sexyback, love the pizza idea, i use to make them on a low carb wrap only I didnt use pizza sauce( i gues u could say it was a white pizza lol ) but i would put mozz cheeses, onions, mushroom, pepperoni, canadian bacon and black olives...it totals out at about 12 carbs in all including the wrap YUM YUM,

Last edited by Kandi313; 04-04-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezidunno View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I briefly thought about kicking myself out of the challenge, simply because I realized I'm not doing strict Stills.

Even with the amount of fat I'm taking in, my carb intake is VERY minimal, and my calorie count hasn't exceeded 1200 on any given day. I think I am going to start a calorie cycle thing though, like you do. I've heard about it, and I think I may have even tried it once before, and remember it working for me. Maybe go up to 1400 at the very most on those days. What do you consider "high" on your high-calorie day?
Oh man, I would have to guess. My calories on a normal day are definitely below 1000 and probably closer to 1400 on my higher fat days. I am hoping with doing that every few days I may avoid the 2 week stall and it gives me something to look forward to. Sad to look forward to a little bacon and cheese but it works!

Quote:
Oh! I also ate a bit off plan last night. I took a St.Joseph's low carb Lavash bread, spread on some low sugar pizza sauce, skim mozzarella and dry pepperoni slices with some pizza seasoning and baked it until melted. Worked out to about 289 Cals, 15 carbs (was still only 20 for the day, but my highest in a while), 19 fat, 22 protein. I was craving pizza (my all time fave food), so instead of caving completely, this was my alternative. I also didn't eat much throughout the day so my total intake was really low, my carb ratio was a bit high though. Frankly, I can live with this, as I'm still losing, and back on plan today.

I am also ordering some really wicked seasonings that are super low sodium and gluten free. I particularly like the Sansels (without salt). ChiliLime and RedGarlic. Yum! They are a really nice way to add flavour to bland chicken! Or steamed veggies, when not on stillmans. I bet they would make eggs taste better... no wait, nothing can make eggs taste better. LOL. Sorry.
That pizza sounds great. I may have to give it a try sometime. Pizza is my weakness. lol@ nothing making eggs taste better.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mauigal
Stats: 201/152/136
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins '72
Day 1 - 179.0
Day 2 - 177.6
Day 3 - 176.6
Day 4 - Didn't weigh

I'm still here and plugging along. Had computer issues yesterday and it pushed me towards the wine. Have been ok eating wise except for that. I'm glad you all aren't Stills purists. I've really struggled the last couple days trying to follow it to the letter with just cottage cheese, chicken and eggs. To get the eggs down I think I will devil them w/a little mayo. Just bought some lower sugar ketchup. Can you buy premade turkey burgers or do you all make them yourselves? I meant to look in the frozen section today at the store, but forgot. I think I will just watch the calories and add fat here and there to make things more palatable. Maybe cycle like some of you were saying. Also, think I will weigh and post it once a week on Saturdays. I have lots of Saturday weddings and showers this year, so I have 'goals.'

Everyone is doing so well. Have to be happy at least the weight is going in the downwards direction.

Bratty - Feel better!

Suzanne - Mmmm, that Starbucks Zen iced tea sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it.

Apr 1 - 179
May 1 - 169
Mauigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perle
Hi ladies I'm starting tomorrow. Current weight 170lbs target weight 130lbs. My weakness is that I always eat healthy but if im stress I jump on sweet. Have noticed hair loss? what kind of vitamin do you take?
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle View Post
Hi ladies I'm starting tomorrow. Current weight 170lbs target weight 130lbs. My weakness is that I always eat healthy but if im stress I jump on sweet. Have noticed hair loss? what kind of vitamin do you take?
No hair loss (but then I have a ridiculous amount of hair!). Hair is made from proteins so if you are getting enough you should be fine. I take Magnesium, VitD, B12, Mutli, and Potassium.

Good luck and welcome to the thread!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perle
Quote:
No hair loss (but then I have a ridiculous amount of hair!). Hair is made from proteins so if you are getting enough you should be fine. I take Magnesium, VitD, B12, Mutli, and Potassium.

Good luck and welcome to the thread!
Thanks a lot sexy Back
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Looking good Mauigal! I know it's been hard choking down dry turkey burgers and eggs. A little dab of the sugar free ketchup is doing wonders.
Jennie O does the lean burger patties, that I've used, but the better tasting ones, were ones I made and grilled on the bbq, I havent really experimented with the different spices, I'm a bit salt phobic, but I'm sure you can doctor them up well.

I love a alcoholic bevie, at the end of a stressful day, but I've found wine gives me the munchies, so I've had a couple of vodkas and coke zeros this week, your body will burn of the alcohol before any fat, but sometimes, I consider it a fair trade off

Last edited by SuzanneM; 04-04-2014 at 07:29 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Apr 5 - 177.8

No more wine!

Suzanne- Thanks for answering. I've seen the Jennie O premade turkey patties, come to think of it. Good option! I was just wondering if there are frozen ones, like you find salmon burgers. So true about the alcohol-fat tradeoff!

Daughter and fiancé are coming over today. BBQ-ing filet mignons, so I should be good.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by Mauigal; 04-05-2014 at 07:05 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all and yay, here's to the weekend

So I felt thinner this morning, so decided to weigh - Just completed 1 week on Stills and down 7 lbs!

3/29 - 140
3/30 - 139
3/31 - 136
4/1 - no weigh
4/5 - 133

Just really thrilled, as I haven't been under 135 in years. I did start the beginning of last year at 155, and slowly whittled of 15, hflc throughout the year, but have been stuck for the last 6 months, with the same 5lbs fluctuations
Loving this plan, as I'm putting in the work and it's actually showing some results, excited to see where the next 3 weeks take me

Last edited by SuzanneM; 04-05-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Awesome Suzanne! So happy for you!

Congratulations on all your hard work!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Apr 1 - 218.0
Apr 2 - 215.6
Apr 3 - 214.2
Apr 4 - 214.0
Apr 5 - 215.2 Ugh TOM, feeling bloated. Also had a small glass of wine while out last night, so i'm not surprised. I usually drop good a couple days after my TOM starts though. I'm going to just relax through it, and not weigh until Monday at the earliest.

SuzanneM - Wow! 7 pounds!! congrats!!