Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 05:50 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimFast
Stats: 267/196.5/120
WOE: "Primalified" Stillman's, plus JUDDD cycling.
Stalls on Stills

Hi everyone!

I was hoping we might be able to discuss stalls on Stillman's. I know there's specific mention of it in the book. What have your experiences been? When do you stall? How long does it last? What breaks the stall?

I have done REALLY well over the last 2ish weeks, with almost 15 lbs lost since March 13. I am extremely happy with that, and proud of my dedication to the program which is clearly paying off. However, I have been at some degree of 201 for the last three days, and I am getting so frustrated.

I am STRICT Stillman's. i have not cheated with a SINGLE BITE OF FOOD. I eat meat (lean) and eggs. No dairy. No artificial sweeteners. I drink all my required water, and THEN some. I average 800-900 calories per day, between my 400-500 calorie lower days, and 1200 or so calorie higher days.

I know that nothing I am doing is causing a stall, and short of coming off of Stillman's for a bit (i.e. do a full on fat fast? Or Meat & Egg?) I can't possibly change anything to do it better than I am. Do I just keep plugging away at it? Will I likely be rewarded with a few good whooshes next week if I just stick it out?

Any thoughts from you experienced folks would help. Anything Stillman himself said. Anything you've experienced. I have zero problem sticking to this plan when I wake up to 0.5-1.5lb losses each morning, but I am starting to lose resolve this week. I know 1-2lb losses daily are unsustainable, but even if I had only been losing 0.25-0.5lb per day, I'd be under 200lbs by now.

Thanks in advance for any advice or words of motivation.

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-28-2014 at 05:53 AM..
SlimFast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
I wish I had the magical words needed to break yours, mine and everyones, I would love to know more as well, I think I shared with you my issues in February, For 2 weeks I would gain a pund lose and lose ounces , just bouncing back and forth and I feel exactly like you do, I was strict with it , didnt cheat and nothng after losing 10 pounds, BUt i will tell you dont end up like me, I went completely off plan due to my frustration and ended up right back where I started and its so not worth it, Im hoping this time when I begin to Stall it wont last quite as long and I can maintain My focus thru it. Sorry I know this probably isnt what u were looking for as far as answers but I wanted to share , simply because I have been in your shoes, so your not the only one , HOPE WE ALL GET THRU IT lol.

Here was my posting in February for my personal 30 day challenge, u can see for yourself , my woes and happy times lol

Day-1 of 30~~~212.5 JAn 27
Day 2 208.6
Day 3 207.4
Day 4 206.0
Day 5 204.9
Day 6 205.4
Day 7 206.7 <~~~ That wonderful time of the month arrived
Day 8 206.7
Day 9 204.5
Day 10 204.1
Day 11 203.4
Day 12 203.3
Day 13 202.0
Day 14 203.0
Day 15 202.5 <~~~~ come on a girl needs a drop off
Day 16 203.0 <~~~~ really?
Day 17 202.6
Day 18 203.6
Day 19 204
Day 20 203
Day 21 202.5
Day 22 203.6 ughhhhhhhh
Day 23 201.1 FINALLY
Day 24 200.5
Day 25 198.7 <~~~~woooo hooo out of the two as
Day 26 198.9
Day 27 199
Day 28 200.7 <~~~ ugh here i go yet again
Day 29 201.4
Day 30 200.5 <~~~ I DID IT, until March

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7

Last edited by Kandi313; 03-28-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
I will have to pull my book out again and see if it mentions "stalls". What happens if you fast for a day and just drink water? I had also read somewhere to add some calories for one day to make your body "think" it is not starving.

I know that I get those "stalls" also and they can last 3 days or more. You are probably losing inches so don't just go by the scale. This too shall pass and the scale will take a dive! Hang in there. It doesn't last forever.

The other thing you might try is a different form of exercise. If you are not doing any exercise, it is time to get out and walk. If you are doing cardio already, try biking, or swimming... just a different form that sometimes tricks your body into believing you forgot to do your regular routine.

Let us know what you tried and how it went! Curious minds... and bodies... want to know. Good luck!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
You might try adding some fat back in just for a day or two - this way, you wont get kicked out of ketosis, but it will change things up. Dont go over board, keep to the same meals you ussually have so you do derail, but some examples would be: add 1-2 slices bacon with your eggs, keep the fat on your cuts of meat you are eating, purchase ground beef with a higher fat content, but cook in the same style/quantity you have been in Stills. See how that goes. After a day or two, go back to strict stills.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimFast
Stats: 267/196.5/120
WOE: "Primalified" Stillman's, plus JUDDD cycling.
Thanks Ladies.

It hasn't been going too well. I am losing at a SNAIL'S PACE on Stillman's. I seem to only lose either when I don't eat or drink enough (dehydration) or when I do something unsustainable like Fat Fast, but as soon as I go back to Stillman's the weight loss slows. I have so far done fine staying away from any temptations (my Stillman's is ABSOLUTELY CLEAN) but a large part of that had to do with the losses I was waking up to each day. Now that weigh-in is depressing, I find myself thinking of the stuff I want to eat.

I am at 196.5 now, but the ONLY real losses I have experienced since I made this original post have been when I was either starving (just got sick of food and water, and took a break) or Fat Fasted. None of the losses have really been during Stillman's.
SlimFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
Hey SF!
I want to encourage you!!!! WTG on the 15 in less than a month. THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF WT TO LOSE! Congrats!

SO HERE'S THE DEALIO IN BULLETS

* YOU MAY STILL BE LOSING WT WITHOUT THE SCALES MOVING DOWNWARD.
Losing this large amount of wt. in the short of time causes our Adipose Tissues to retain water like mad bc they think you are starving to death. They have no emotions or reasoning, they just know that they either fill up or shrink down. DON'T FRET ABOUT THE SILLY SCALE. THROW IT AWAY!!! This diet will work miraculously if you work it and are true to every rule.

ARE YOU CLOSE TO TOM?
We hold water wt as well when our Progestrone levels plummet during TOM. Do not weigh during the week to 5 days before TOM or 2 days after!!! The scale lies... Keep this in your mind always!

MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS!
Fat weighs 5 times less that of muscle. You are shrinking in fat on an hourly basis. Trust the Biochemistry and get on with you life.

DO YOU MOVE YOUR BODY?
YOU MUST EXERCISE, PERIOD! Just do it...

ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH?
Eat when you are hungry, and DO NOT GO MORE THAN 6 HOURS WITHOUT EATING! You will not lose more by skipping meals.

GIVE YOUR BODY TIME AND DO NOT STRESS OUT ABOUT ANYTHING.
You have to get it in your mind that this is the quickest way to get fat off your body, and it will take time. Weeks are NOTHING in the sceme of things. My friend JUSTJO removed 120+ Lbs. in 8 MONTHS! SHE DIDN"T STRESS AND MONITOR HER SUCCESS BY A NUMBER ON THE SCALE. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIME ELEMENT OR YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN, TRUST ME, I KNOW!!!

There, howz that? Now if you are stalled out for a genuine 4-5 weeks and you have done everything possible, then I would suggest that you go to an Endorcrine Dr. and get your hormones evaluated... But, since you've lost so well in such a short period of time, I think your GOOD, GIRLIE!!!

ONE BITE AT A TIME, LET YOUR BODY DO IT'S DEALIO, AS YOU DO YOURS!!! Placing inordinate amount of attention, which is ultimately NEGATIVE ATTENTION, AND FRETTING, will derail your progress. This is a journey~ Enjoy your life as you learn how to care and heal your body. We all didn't gain this wt. overnight... WELL, I DID~ Silly Thyroid, argh... So, we must be patient and kindly to our wonderfully made bodies. If you take longer to lose in one day, SO BE IT!!! Your alive and breathing, we need to find the good in today as tomorrow is promised to NO ONE! Love those whom God has placed in your life and be the best you can be at whatever wt. you happen to be... This is my best, loving advice! And, I preach it to myself hourly... XOXOXO

XOXOXOXOX

Beth

Last edited by BBare; 04-07-2014 at 04:50 PM..
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
Hey SF!
I want to encourage you!!!! WTG on the 15 in less than a month. THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF WT TO LOSE! Congrats!

SO HERE'S THE DEALIO IN BULLETS

* YOU MAY STILL BE LOSING WT WITHOUT THE SCALES MOVING DOWNWARD.
Losing this large amount of wt. in the short of time causes our Adipose Tissues to retain water like mad bc they think you are starving to death. They have no emotions or reasoning, they just know that they either fill up or shrink down. DON'T FRET ABOUT THE SILLY SCALE. THROW IT AWAY!!! This diet will work miraculously if you work it and are true to every rule.

ARE YOU CLOSE TO TOM?
We hold water wt as well when our Progestrone levels plummet during TOM. Do not weigh during the week to 5 days before TOM or 2 days after!!! The scale lies... Keep this in your mind always!

MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS!
Fat weighs 5 times less that of muscle. You are shrinking in fat on an hourly basis. Trust the Biochemistry and get on with you life.

DO YOU MOVE YOUR BODY?
YOU MUST EXERCISE, PERIOD! Just do it...

ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH?
Eat when you are hungry, and DO NOT GO MORE THAN 6 HOURS WITHOUT EATING! You will not lose more by skipping meals.

GIVE YOUR BODY TIME AND DO NOT STRESS OUT ABOUT ANYTHING.
You have to get it in your mind that this is the quickest way to get fat off your body, and it will take time. Weeks are NOTHING in the sceme of things. My friend JUSTJO removed 120+ Lbs. in 8 MONTHS! SHE DIDN"T STRESS AND MONITOR HER SUCCESS BY A NUMBER ON THE SCALE. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIME ELEMENT OR YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN, TRUST ME, I KNOW!!!

There, howz that? Now if you are stalled out for a genuine 4-5 weeks and you have done everything possible, then I would suggest that you go to an Endorcrine Dr. and get your hormones evaluated... But, since you've lost so well in such a short period of time, I think your GOOD, GIRLIE!!!

ONE BITE AT A TIME, LET YOUR BODY DO IT'S DEALIO, AS YOU DO YOURS!!! Placing inordinate amount of attention, which is ultimately NEGATIVE ATTENTION, AND FRETTING, will derail your progress. This is a journey~ Enjoy your life as you learn how to care and heal your body. We all didn't gain this wt. overnight... WELL, I DID~ Silly Thyroid, argh... So, we must be patient and kindly to our wonderfully made bodies. If you take longer to lose in one day, SO BE IT!!! Your alive and breathing, we need to find the good in today as tomorrow is promised to NO ONE! Love those whom God has placed in your life and be the best you can be at whatever wt. you happen to be... This is my best, loving advice! And, I preach it to myself hourly... XOXOXO

XOXOXOXOX

eight. Beth
Thank you for this advice.. it was refreshing to know I can RELAX and still lose weight!
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perle
Stalls on Stills

Hello ladies I'm confused regarding this working out or not during stillman QWL.
Can someone help me to understand if working out will slow down the weight loss?
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Perle, all I've got is that coming up to my one month on Stills, I really didn't work out that much, apart from a weekly spin class and I got in some lengthy walks here and there, I've also dropped 14 lbs this month, after being stuck in the weightless dept for over 6 months I have worked out, sometimes hard and religiously, all of my life and I know it doesn't do a lot for me it terms of weightloss
My main goal has been to lose the fat, and I will continue to work out occasionally for my well being and destressing, I'd love to be at my perfect body fat and then work on toning it all up, while maintaining.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Perle-

I workout with at least one hour a day of cardio or weights, plus I walk a lot around campus.

Personally, I don't think working out is helping me lose weight, but I know it helps me to stay focused on a track with the plan. I definitely see a difference when I do not workout mentally which effects how I feel physically. Mind-Body are connected, IMO.

Research has supported that working out is not necessary on low carb ( I think?) .

Do what feels best for you. I do not think exercise can HURT you.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Perle
Many thanks ladies for coming back to me. I was thinking of doing The Bar method dvd or callanetics dvd? HoweverI found callanetics to slow. My weight loss this week was not big although I did some squat workout thats probably why. My body never lose weight on his own with no exercise however I never did Stillman so I don't know lol.
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote