Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.6/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 19, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I need some good snack ideas... What is everyone's favorite go to snack?
I'm horrible with snack suggestions as the only snack I've really been eating since been on this plan is really just hard boiled eggs!
IWasMadeThisWay is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I'm horrible with snack suggestions as the only snack I've really been eating since been on this plan is really just hard boiled eggs!
Thats all I eat too! Or I make devilled eggs which are just fancy Hard boiled eggs haha

Sometimes I buy steak strips and make those too because they are bite size
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.6/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 19, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thats all I eat too! Or I make devilled eggs which are just fancy Hard boiled eggs haha

Sometimes I buy steak strips and make those too because they are bite size
I was debating on trying out making deviled eggs but with hot sauce instead of mayo. I've never tried that before! Trying to stay creative lol!
IWasMadeThisWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
When I need a snack I get a sugar free 5 calorie gelatin cup...

Hope this helps
FattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hey, newbies, if you want to know why the diet is safe it's because we were designed to eat this way permanently.

Google the Naive Vegetarian and READ it. I know it's long but it's the truth.

All that BS about needing 5 servings a day of veggies is bull.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I was debating on trying out making deviled eggs but with hot sauce instead of mayo. I've never tried that before! Trying to stay creative lol!
You c ould try it with greek yogurt and it would be on plan.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

^^^^Now THAT'S brilliant CC!!!! Love it! Thanks

Oh and can somebody tell me how to just quote a sentence or two in a post without having to quote the entire post? (Sorry I just can't seem to figure it out) duh...
Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Oh and can you use greek yogurt to mix with the tuna like you would with mayo?

Anybody tried that?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ksmooth84
Hello Ladies,
This will be my first time going along with other people. I will do it. I need the support
from others to help me. Family says I look good but that is a laugh. I know that it will
be hard but with everyone on the bandwagon too. I know that I can get thru this. Thank you
all for being so strong to join in. I am now 180lbs. My goal is 135 I by Easter. Also I am a
diabetic. Doc says that I must watch my sugar level so it won't go to low. I AM READY FOR THIS !!!!! God bless you all.

Last edited by ksmooth84; 03-04-2014 at 04:32 PM..
ksmooth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Hi ksmooth!

For me, the biggest things that I have to focus on are getting in the water (the plan calls for at least 80 ounces or 10 8oz. cups a day), making sure that I only eat cottage cheese once a day (or otherwise it seems to stall me), and recognizing that cravings will come and know how to handle them when it happens (I wait 5 minutes and every time the craving has subsided by then)...

Good luck and p.s. I'm diabetic too and my reading this morning was 104 and this evening (just about 10 minutes ago) was 99! Yes 99!

Oh and I also check my own blood pressure and it's gone down from pre-hypertensive to normal!

Oh and it's very important to understand that this is a ketogenic plan and you'll want to buy some ketostix to check and make sure you stay in ketosis as much as possible because while you're in ketosis you're burning pure fat...

And post often and stay strong, this is an AWESOME group of roomies as I'm sure you can already tell...

Good luck!

FP
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me....Philipians 4:13

Last edited by FattyPatty; 03-04-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyPatty View Post
junebug---

I just looked at your numbers...OMG you ROCK!

Would you be so kind as to tell us what your daily menu looks like cuz I wanna be like you when I grow up...lol

FP
Thanks! I sure can! In the beginning I kept it very simple, but in order to stay on track (I have not cheated once) I got a bit creative...well, as creative as you can get on Stills!

For breakfast I have black coffee, and then I scramble 2 eggs (no milk or cream obviously) and I add dill and one laughing cow cheese wedge (I swapped out cottage cheese for one of these a day...i love cottage cheese and could easily eat too much of it!).

For lunch I have either a turkey burger with a tbsp low sugar katchup, or, chicken soup...I boil 1c low sodium stock, and add dill (i love dill) and then about 1 c of already cooked chicken. Heat up for a few minutes on the stove and eat!

For dinner, I have whatever I didnt have for lunch (the burger or the soup).

I am bad about drinking enough water, and I do drink diet coke...but I have not had a single sip of wine (that has been HARD!). I dont snack. Just three meals. I have had a few occasions when I have had to go out to eat and I always get a steak and just dont eat the sides. And I too, have brought chicken or a plain turkey burger in my purse, if I am going to be out and about during lunch

I am pretty transparent about my eating plan - if people ask I just say I am detoxing from too much junk, keeping my meals simple. I act like its no biggie. Nobody really gives me a hard time. If I am still losing at day 30, I am going to try round.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Oh - and good lord, YES, my mouth is so dry all the time. Its the ketones, take it as a good sign, but it is annoying!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
HI LADIES, YOU BIG BUNCH OF 'losers!"

You ladies are ripping through the LBS. like water! CoNgRaTs! What an inspiration you are to we all!

My name is Beth and I LOVE STILLIES SOOOO MUCH! I lost 30 lbs in a month and a half and towards the middle of my journey, I stopped working out as I just felt the need to stop obsessing about the gym. (I went daily) PRAISE GOD, the wt fell off even faster... ( I love not being chained to the gym! )

Anywho, I'm here to drop the 15 that has crept on to my body due to a lax holiday time and finishing college!

I want to be accountable to you all as well. Let's be hot babes for the summer, shall we?

Congratz again, and KUTGW!

Hugs,
Beth

Last edited by BBare; 03-04-2014 at 08:00 PM..
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:12 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mishelkiki
Stats: 142/136/125
WOE: stillman
Start Date: January 20
Hello again,so happy with all your results girls! For me these two days were a bit tough though,sick with the flu and not feeling very well...
but...I saw great results on the scale this morning!!!

Day 1....64.7 kg =142.6 lbs
Day 2....62.7 kg =138.2 lbs that' 4 lbs!!!! first time to happen !!!

I don't know why such a loss,but yesterday morning I felt really bloated and then in the afternoon I paid a long visit to the bathroom...sorry TMI... One of the problems I have while on stillman is the bathroom issue,nothing seems to help.

I'll post again tomorrow !!! Have a good stillman day girls <3
mishelkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: youdontknowme
How have I not lost in 4 days? How id that possible? ? Its not TOM. im drinking water. Im do confused n frustrated!
youdontknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Mornin' everybody

Today's weight: 226.5

Day 1 234.5
Day 2 231.5
Day 3 229.5
Day 4 228.0
Day 5 226.5

Today's projected menu:

B--1 HB egg
1 6oz. (93%) turkey burger (plain)
8 oz. black coffee
32 oz. water

L--1 4oz. grilled chicken breast
1 Tspoon FF cottage cheese
32 oz. water

D--1.5 clusters snow crab legs
1 SF gelatin cup
32 oz. water

Still in moderate ketosis...glucose is normal and blood pressure is normal!!! Yay me!!

Hope you all have an awesome day

FP

Last edited by FattyPatty; 03-05-2014 at 06:11 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hi youdontknow...

Can you post what you've been eating so someone who has experience with stalls can maybe offer you some tips, hints, or advice?

I'm not an expert but I have seen enough posts by some people to think they might be able to help you...

At any rate, hugs to you and stay strong

FP
Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Yup...My weight loss goes like this:

2/28 155.2
3/1 156.6
3/2 156.2
3/3 156.2
3/4 156.2
3/5 157.4

I eat eggs for bfast usually but sometimes 3/4 cup cottage cheese. Eggs are poached usually. No added fat.

I WAS eating cottage cheese for a morning and afternoon snack but I thought it might be stalling me, so for the last two days I've cut it totally out and I've been having a chicken tender or can of tuna in water for 10 and 2 snack.

For lunch I'm having 3-4 plain chicken breast tenders (8-10oz) cooked in the microwave with some rotiserre seasoning

For dinner either two burger patties (extra lean cooked with water in the pan so no added fat) usually with some onion seasoning and low sugar ketchup. Or more chicken tenders. Either way between 8 and 12 oz of meat.

My calories are sitting at about 1125 a day sometimes up to 1300 (when i was having cottage cheese).

I workout everyday doing T25 (I'm in alpha week 3)

Stills never stalls me. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I don't want to quit but I did consider doing a fat fast for a couple days but I'd really like to stick it out. I feel like if I just keep going it HAS to eventually plumit!

This is kind of how things have been going for me the last couple months. Since November even I guess. I got to goal and started eating a little differently. Still all LC but before I was just super clean atkins 72 type stuff. When I hit goal I started to experiment more with LC recipes, SF/GF/LC cookies and the like. That didn't go well AT ALL. I ended up gaining about 25 pounds!

I'm feeling like something is seriously out of whack with my bodahhhh
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/183/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Mar 1 229
Mar 2 228.8
Mar 3 227.2
Mar 4 226.8
Mar 5 227.0 Hmmm.

Hey Stillies! Does anyone track their macro nutrients in an online tracker? I'm curious if anyone who is doing very well can let me know approximately how many fat grams they are consuming in a day? I do "lean" as often as possible to keep them down, as I know too much will slow my losses down, but there doesn't seem to be much guidance on how much is too much. Mine range anywhere between 40 and 50g.

Youdontknowme: I know Patty asked for you to post, but I thought I would offer my two cents. My protein portions range around 4-5 oz each meal (sometimes less). I think the rules state that you only eat enough at those time to "not feel hungry" anymore. How do you feel after you eat 8-12 oz? Are you overly satisfied/stuffed? From what I've learned even too much protein can metabolize to sugar if you are consuming too much, or at the very least stall you out. Maybe break down one of those meals and eat half at meal time, and the other half at snack. I'm sure you will get some other great advice here too! Good luck!
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Sexyback and youdont...

I'm going to share with you what happened to me last night and see what you all think about it...

My appetite has been non existent since I started on the 1st and last night as of 7pm I'd only had one SF gelatin cup and a 8 oz. cup of hot tea w/splenda for dinner...

So I went to bed and couldn't sleep because I started having cramps in my legs...so I got up in the middle of the night and started reading some threads and read about the macro nutrients and discovered that I wasn't getting enough fat in my diet...protein was okay and of course carbs were fine too...

Well I also read about making some "fat bombs" which are small reese's cup size snacks made with coconut oil, cream cheese, butter, almond butter and unsweetened coconut flakes...well I had everything the recipe called for except unsweetened coconut flakes so I decided to just go for it...I made 4 fat bombs by microwaving some coconut oil, cream cheese, butter and then stirred in some peanut butter, SF Torani vanilla syrup and a handful of chopped pecans...put them in paper cupcake cups and put them in the freezer for 20 minutes until hardened...

Well at about 1am this morning I ate one...now I had just weighed before I ate one and my weight was stuck at 228 from yesterday morning even though I hadn't cheated at all and had been to the gym...

So my legs finally stopped cramping around 2am this am and I went back to bed...and are you ready for this? I got up this am to make my husband's lunch for work at 8am and weighed first thing and the scale said 226.5!!!! YEP I checked it again and again...down a POUND and HALF just from eating a no carb, no protein high fat "fat bomb"...plus the cramps in my legs disappeared completely within the hour...

Now I'm not a doctor but I can't help but wonder if by eating that fat bomb my body started metabolizing again (was still in moderate ketosis this am too) and the increase in fat made the leg cramps stop...

What do you all think about this????

Last edited by FattyPatty; 03-05-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

WELCOME BBare!!! You have found a great group of, yes...LOSERS! lol

Youdontknowme - to me, your menu looks great, but, maybe see if you can manage with less calories. Stillmans says to eat till satisfied, and only when you feel hungry (also mentioned my sexyback). I find that not snacking works for me - and I eat my meals slowly and with intent...which obviously isnt always possible, but i try. And after about 15 days into the challenge, I reduced to two meals a day on weekends...a brunch, and early dinner.

I see you work out - if you enjoy working out id say continue, but if you dont enjoy it and are just doing it for weight loss, maybe try just the diet with out working out. As I understand it, working out is not necessary and you may be able to get along with less calories that way. Just my 2 cents! Everyones body is different. Hang in there!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Well my typical diet is LCHF so I think that is probably accurate. But also you have to consider that you didn't eat anything yesterday. So, possibly?? idk.

The reason I'm eating so much, it's really bc of my hunger level as much as it is calories. How many cals are you gals getting? I'm afraid to knock it down below 1000 for fear of going too low, especially with my workouts. I never feel really hungry, but once I start eating, I'm happy to finish up what I have without feeling stuffed.

I'm willing to try about anything at this point. And I think BOTH of those things are good suggestions. I thought about grazing today. Just making 7 tenders and nibbling all day long. Keeping the feul burning and not setting an eating schedule
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Sexy back, my protein yesterday was 198 grams I think it said?? Monday was 162.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Oh snap, you said fat...not protein. Mine are usually between 20 and 50
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Patty - I have told myself all along, that if I stall for more than 5 days, I am eating some high fat bacon. I 100% think that fat helps us kickstart. I cant do fat bombs because the artificial sugar bothers me, but, I do love coconut oil and kerrygold butter hand blended into my coffee when I am doing Atkins 72 (which I will transition back to after Stills). Id be careful on stills and limit the fat bombs simply because the plan tells us too, but, in a pinch these do work. Also, for leg cramps, that can also be from not getting enough sodium...too much is bad, but, we do need SOME for good health. Try nice hot mug of broth, even the reduced sodium has enough to help with cramping and fatigue. Congrats on your progress! YAY!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Ooops sorry...didn't mean to make it sound that as of 7pm last night that all I'd eaten all day was 1 gelatin cup and cup of hot tea...

I ate what was on my projected menu for both breakfast and lunch but just didn't feel like eating much last night at 7pm...

Sorry for the confusion...

And youdont...I think maybe you're on to something with the idea of just grazing today and seeing what happens if you just nibble all day...

Keep your chin up and keep posting...all posts help me tremendously

FP
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 155.5
Day 2 153.5
Day 3 153
Day 4 151
Day 5 150
Day 6 149.5
Day 7 148.5
Day 8 148
Day 9 147.5
Day 10 147
Day 11 146
Day 12 145.5 (TEN POUNDS GONE!)
Day 13 145
Day 14 144
Day 15 144
Day 16 144
Day 17 143.5
Day 18 142.5
Day 19 142
Day 20 141.5
Day 21 141
Day 22 140.5 (FIFTEEN POUNDS GONE!)
Day 23 140
Day 24 140
Day 25 139.5
Day 26 139
Day 27 138.5
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
WOW!! FP,
That is so amazing! It will be interesting to see what happens next. Sometimes our bodies hold onto the weight that is just about ready to leave the fat cells as the water wt. is there to maintain homeostasis. Nonetheless, this is wonderful. How big was your portion? Coconut oil is know to speed up metabolism and the ACL in butter helps to burn our fat cells YIPPY for you. Also, you said you were "STUCK" at a certain wt. how long were you stuck there?

YOUDON'TKNOW...
A couple things... Lose the cottage cheese and sugar free ketchup. I also think you should eat around 5-6 or less oz of ckn at each meal. Make sure to eat slow and drink your water! This will help you to feel full faster. Are you working out everyday? Our bodies will most definately hold on to our current wt. if we are working out too much and not eating enough calories/ even if you are LCing. Take a few days and don't work out, stop all carbs and maybe eat a plate of eggwhites instead of all meat. Hope this helps!

Happy losing to we all!

Beth
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Hey beth...thanks! Idk about not working out. Do you think that Increasing my cals and keeping my workouts would have the same effect as losing the workouts and decreasing cals?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/183/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
I would say my calories are around 900 or lower a day, depending on how many "snacks" i have. I have stabilized to about 3-4 "meals" a day, very small. But I think my fat grams are a touch too high. So i'm going to bring that down a bit and see what happens.

Youdontknowme: I think your "grazing" idea is a good option to try and mix things up. If you are doing intense workouts, it makes sense that you aren't losing too much, as you would be building muscle. Did you just start at the same time as the diet? or have you been going for a while? I remember when I tried losing through working out, I would only gain or stay the same, and would give up long before I'd see any results (i'm results motivated and need almost instant gratification ). If your muscles are sore, you will be retaining water while your body needs to repair. Or your body could be "used to" your current regimen. Mixing it up might confuse your body enough to start dropping again.

FattyPatty: The first time I ever did low carb was through a medical clinic supervised program. They always said that if you started to suffer from leg cramps, it's because your Potassium was too low (Potassium flushes out of your body sometimes too fast while losing weight quickly). You could try upping your supplements to prevent further cramps. As for your sudden 1.5 loss, way to go!! what a nice way to wake up in the morning. I firmly believe that when you stall out, confusing your body with a sudden (but not prolonged) caloric increase (from fat) or decrease will kick start your losses again. It happened for me my first stall last month.

Last edited by Sexyback; 03-05-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote