Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.4/130
WOE: M/E
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimFast View Post
Ugh. Been there. Not on Stills, thankfully. Glad you made it out alive.
Haha ya! I'm just hoping the butt pain goes away.. I had to go again, and even though I had no issues, lol, it still hurt.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/191.4/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Mar 1 - Mar 7 229-226 Week 1: 3 lbs
Mar 7 - Mar 14 226-222.4 Week 2 Loss: 3.6 lbs
Mar 14 - Mar 21 222.4 - 221.2 Week 3 Loss: 1.2 lbs

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
Mar 25 218
Mar 26 219.
Mar 27 217.8
Mar 28 217.6 Week 4 Loss: 3.6 This makes up for last week. But honestly I've been lazy with my food choices. Not been really Stills.... The lean meats are a bit pricey right now, and I haven't really been in the mood to cook. But it's the weekend I took some chicken breast out of the freezer that I"m going to cook JUST for me. I wish I could BBQ, but let's be real, I don't much like to exercise, and the shoveling of snow that would be required to get to the BBQ (and ice chipping) is not really worth it!

I was going to try giving up dairy.... and artificial sweeteners.... HA!! yeah right. I've changed so much of my WOE over the last few months that these are two steps I realize I am NOT quite ready to do. My head and heart (and stomach) are just not "feeling" it. I see another short fat fast in my future (for the sole purpose of being able to have the mini cheesecakes for breakfast mind you ) so giving up dairy for that isn't possible. Maybe a cut back? I've cut back on my Diet Pepsi from one a day to one a week, so that's pretty good. But I just can't give up my morning tea with splenda.... no way... (the statement of a true addict... I've heard people say this about pasta).

Anyway! I need to lose 0.6 lbs by March 31 to meet my goal for this month. Wish me luck!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Another morning at 201 I am SO SICK of seeing "201" (really, 2-ANYTHING) on the scale. I am thinking it may be time to do a week of fat fast.
Even just a couple days will see that "2" disappear. I'd probably do the same thing. I call my scale nasty names when it tells me things like that, and approach the day with "well I'll show it!" fat fast here I come! Good luck girl! Onederland is my first main goal and I"m very excited to see you so close!
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
Mar 1 - Mar 7 229-226 Week 1: 3 lbs
Mar 7 - Mar 14 226-222.4 Week 2 Loss: 3.6 lbs
Mar 14 - Mar 21 222.4 - 221.2 Week 3 Loss: 1.2 lbs

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
Mar 25 218
Mar 26 219.
Mar 27 217.8
Mar 28 217.6 Week 4 Loss: 3.6 This makes up for last week. But honestly I've been lazy with my food choices. Not been really Stills.... The lean meats are a bit pricey right now, and I haven't really been in the mood to cook. But it's the weekend I took some chicken breast out of the freezer that I"m going to cook JUST for me. I wish I could BBQ, but let's be real, I don't much like to exercise, and the shoveling of snow that would be required to get to the BBQ (and ice chipping) is not really worth it!

I was going to try giving up dairy.... and artificial sweeteners.... HA!! yeah right. I've changed so much of my WOE over the last few months that these are two steps I realize I am NOT quite ready to do. My head and heart (and stomach) are just not "feeling" it. I see another short fat fast in my future (for the sole purpose of being able to have the mini cheesecakes for breakfast mind you ) so giving up dairy for that isn't possible. Maybe a cut back? I've cut back on my Diet Pepsi from one a day to one a week, so that's pretty good. But I just can't give up my morning tea with splenda.... no way... (the statement of a true addict... I've heard people say this about pasta).

Anyway! I need to lose 0.6 lbs by March 31 to meet my goal for this month. Wish me luck!
Good luck, u will do it, mini Cheesecakes? mmmm where do I find the recipe lol
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Back at it full force with the daily weighs, and yay right now it is moving nicely, just hoping I can get past any stalls that are in my future quicker than 2 weeks like last time, With the help of all of u i now will approach those stalls differently, in hopes that it works, My first mini goal is 190, that has been my resting weight for years and high as that sounds I am pretty comfortable at that weight, but since i Turned 41 that 190 is a thing of the past , so that is my first goal. Have a great weekend everyone

Mar 1 204.9
Mar 2 201.8
Mar 3 200.0
Mar 4 201.8
Mar 5 200.6
Mar 6 199.1
Mar 7 201.0
Mar 8 200.5<~~~ 4.4 pounds lost in week 1
Mar 9 200.3
Mar10 203.5<~~~3.5 back in a day
MAr11 204.8
Mar13 207.7<~~~off plan from 3/14-3/26
Mar26 209.4 TOM
Mar27 206.4
Mar28 204.7

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Old 03-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #426
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimFast
Stats: 267/196.5/120
WOE: "Primalified" Stillman's, plus JUDDD cycling.
Quote:
Even just a couple days will see that "2" disappear. I'd probably do the same thing. I call my scale nasty names when it tells me things like that, and approach the day with "well I'll show it!" fat fast here I come! Good luck girl! Onederland is my first main goal and I"m very excited to see you so close!
Really, you think even though I have been doing Stills the Fat Fast will help? It isn't only "magic" if you're eating junk before you do it?

ETA: 0.6 lbs? You'll do that no problem!

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-28-2014 at 03:11 PM..
SlimFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Really, you think even though I have been doing Stills the Fat Fast will help? It isn't only "magic" if you're eating junk before you do it?

ETA: 0.6 lbs? You'll do that no problem!
I think it will work for sure! I was bouncing around the same two pounds for about a week and a half, when I tried the fat fast for only two days and it broke the stall for sure.

0.6 should be easy. Except! Ugh, went off plan at lunch and had chicken strips. To be fair I was stranded for a time during lunch at a diner that didn't have a lot of option. So, starting tomorrow, I'm back on the fat fast for a short time, then, on to Stills 100% for a couple more weeks. I had been thinking of taking a break (only just going general low carb) but I think I will wait until my birthday on the 11th.

I wish your luck on the fat fast. Try the "low carb cheesecake muffins". It's easy to find if you google them. Yum. Almost seems like a treat!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #428
Junior LCF Member

I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!!!! 199.8!!!

I didn't end up doing Fat Fast. My husband has portions of rice noodles with meat sauce that I make ahead for him so he can have easy dinners while I am on Stillman's (he has no weight problem, so for him the "safe" carbs including rice and potato are necessary) and anyway I pulled one of those out and gobbled it down cold before bed. I was just so frustrated, and I had hoped it would break the stall.

Pleased to see I didn't undermine a week of hard work. I am back on Stillman's today, with a day of chicken breast.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Hi ladies,

Posting this here as well as the newbie menu suggestions thread.

Just jumping in here with a couple of menu questions...
I'm a long time High fat, low carb person, I'm going to give low fat, low carb, a shot, for various reasons and thought Stillmans would be the plan for me, as I am a very monotonous eater.

So do you all calorie count as well, as I remember reading Stillmans was unlimited amounts of these protein foods? Reading through, it seems that a lot of you, keep to around the 1,000 cal mark.

So I'm good eating the lean turkey burgers, and scrambled eggs (the only way I can eat eggs), is there anything else I can add in. I can't force feed myself cottage cheese

Thanks for any suggestions.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #430
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Hi ladies,

Posting this here as well as the newbie menu suggestions thread.

Just jumping in here with a couple of menu questions...
I'm a long time High fat, low carb person, I'm going to give low fat, low carb, a shot, for various reasons and thought Stillmans would be the plan for me, as I am a very monotonous eater.

So do you all calorie count as well, as I remember reading Stillmans was unlimited amounts of these protein foods? Reading through, it seems that a lot of you, keep to around the 1,000 cal mark.

So I'm good eating the lean turkey burgers, and scrambled eggs (the only way I can eat eggs), is there anything else I can add in. I can't force feed myself cottage cheese

Thanks for any suggestions.
Yeah, about 1000 calories is right, but you will find counting isn't necessary. It kinda happens by default. When you take out the fat, it is REALLY hard to exceed 900-1100 calories when eating like a normal person. If you just eat when hungry, eventually you'll probably be around 500 calories because you won't be hungry more than once (maybe twice) a day.

I believe that such low calories can eventually lead to slowing metabolism and stalling, so I choose to calorie cycle JUDDD style. I eat anywhere from 300-500 calories on my low days, and about 1200-1300 calories on high days. I simply cannot force myself to eat enough otherwise. Interestingly, when I track, I notice the high calorie days are usually my big losing days, which makes it clear that Stillman's is NOT merely a calorie control diet.

Stillman's will be most successful in my opinion if you eat only lean meat and eggs, and leave out dairy and sweeteners. Some people keep them in which is fine and still to plan, but pretty unanimously, the "big losers" who post huge losses over the months all cut the known stallers out. Water is also super, super important.

My usual foods are:

1. Frozen fish fillets, which can be pulled out and baked from frozen.
2. Whole roasted chicken (with skin, skin removed after roasting and then chicken put into Tupperware for eating cold)
3. Turkey Thighs/Breast (baked covered 250F for 4-5 hours, skin removed after baking)
4. Cheap beef roast (in slow cooker. All fat removed after cooking)
5. Pork tenderloin (this is a GEM of a meat for Stillman's and easily made at 350F for 30 min, and is good cold too)
6. Chicken Breast (in pieces and "fried" without oil and just a little water in the pan to keep from burning. At the end I evaporate the water and let it "fry" a bit to brown)
Old 03-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 183.0/176.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: May 27, 2014 (restart)
I fell off the wagon and it hurt. Actually, it really did hurt cuz I was stupid and ate wheat! I restarted yesterday.

Day 1..........181.8 lbs
Day 2..........178.4 lbs

Glad to be back. I missed you all!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Slimfast for the menu ideas, definitely something I can work with.
During the work week, I'm on the road a lot so just need food, I can baggie up and take with.
I've done 1,000 calorie fat fasts before, and I know the first 2-3 days are the hardest, before ketosis and the appetite suppression kicks in, especially when you are carbed up, (like I am right now )

I'm going to start today, I have the Jennie O lean turkey patties in the fridge- each 180 cals, so I'll eat on those till I'm full and plan some foods for the next week.

Start weight is 140 today, and first day of TOM- oh joy!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone eat shirataki noodles? I know it's not strict stillmans, but it's zero carbs, fat, calories, etc. my WOE is more of a modified stillmans anyway.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #434
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Slimfast for the menu ideas, definitely something I can work with.
During the work week, I'm on the road a lot so just need food, I can baggie up and take with.
I've done 1,000 calorie fat fasts before, and I know the first 2-3 days are the hardest, before ketosis and the appetite suppression kicks in, especially when you are carbed up, (like I am right now )

I'm going to start today, I have the Jennie O lean turkey patties in the fridge- each 180 cals, so I'll eat on those till I'm full and plan some foods for the next week.

Start weight is 140 today, and first day of TOM- oh joy!
Everything I posted is really portable except the fish. Cold fish is YUCK, but the rest is all make ahead and good cold/bagged.

For what it's worth, if you check out my stats, my first week was TOM and I lost BIG... Also I was coming onto Stillman's from low carb Primal already so it wasn't water weight. I didn't just dump a bunch of carb pounds.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #435
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
Does anyone eat shirataki noodles? I know it's not strict stillmans, but it's zero carbs, fat, calories, etc. my WOE is more of a modified stillmans anyway.
I don't, because they're stupidly expensive here and not worth it. Green beans or spaghetti squash is SO MUCH cheaper and tastier as a pasta substitute, and I occasionally eat rice noodles so don't miss wheat pasta at all. However, I think the shirataki noodles are pretty Stillman's safe. Just watch what you put on them... Pasta sauce isn't allowed, for example.

You seem to be having a lot of trouble sticking to it... Maybe the "carb like" foods aren't a good choice for you? What happens to your cravings for off plan foods if you stick to only lean meat and eggs, and ditch the "carb like crutches" for a bit?

I only mention it because I remember reading recently that even though these types of foods are technically okay, your body and broken metabolism still respond to them in an unhealthy manner which can lead to cravings and EVEN insulin spikes in the case of fake sweeteners. Might be worth considering?

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-29-2014 at 11:47 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

I have HORRIBLE stomach issues that are exacerbated by stress as I have an extreme stress disorder. Sticking to plan isn't the fault of the food itself. I went off plan simply because I wouldn't have eaten PERIOD if I didn't.

Apparently adding in non-stills foods isn't ok here in this forum even though it's no fat no carb no calorie stuff? A bit confusing as some are doing fat fasts and posting! I'll stick to the main low carb lobby from now on.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok did just 4 turkey burgers yesterday and 2 liters of water, down 1 lb, but expected 4
That chinese food Friday night really did a number on me, still retaining water like crazy

Debating on whether to give up my cream in coffee, I know it's a no no on Stillmans, but it's my reason to get out of bed in the mornings!
I'll keep the added fat in for a couple of days and wean my self off.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Apparently adding in non-stills foods isn't ok here in this forum even though it's no fat no carb no calorie stuff? A bit confusing as some are doing fat fasts and posting! I'll stick to the main low carb lobby from now on.
What gave you that idea? I even said they're probably Stillman safe... I said pasta sauce may not be good for the diet, and warned you to consider that "carb like" foods can really hinder your efforts. If any of that made you feel unwelcome, I sincerely apologize. I just thought that because you wanted an opinion in the Stillman's forum, you wanted it from a Stillman's perspective.

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-30-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok did just 4 turkey burgers yesterday and 2 liters of water, down 1 lb, but expected 4
That chinese food Friday night really did a number on me, still retaining water like crazy

Debating on whether to give up my cream in coffee, I know it's a no no on Stillmans, but it's my reason to get out of bed in the mornings!
I'll keep the added fat in for a couple of days and wean my self off.
Chinese is THE WORST for me! I can eat just about anything else and feel okay, but the Chinese does me in 100% of the time. So much sugar and starches.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
I have HORRIBLE stomach issues that are exacerbated by stress as I have an extreme stress disorder. Sticking to plan isn't the fault of the food itself. I went off plan simply because I wouldn't have eaten PERIOD if I didn't.

Wow was that an overreaction and a huge childish flounce off. Everyone here is only trying to support you. People share their knowledge and experiences only to help others succeed.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow was that an overreaction and a huge childish flounce off. Everyone here is only trying to support you. People share their knowledge and experiences only to help others succeed.
Excuse you? I'm sorry you feel the need to put me down. Please mind your own business. I'm laughing at the notion that 100% NON-DIGESTIBLE carbs are going to derail me. Obviously this group isn't supportive unless you follow stillmans by the book.

PS your goal is unhealthy. A recent study shows that being too skinny is worse than being too fat in that your death risk is even higher!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Chinese is THE WORST for me! I can eat just about anything else and feel okay, but the Chinese does me in 100% of the time. So much sugar and starches.

I eat chinese about once every 6 months, and I guess it was my last hurrah, after an extremely stressful week- but man, now I remember the effect it has on me
Old 03-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies!

Seems like it was a tense weekend on the board! yikes. Since we don't want it to end that way I'm going to enter my 2 cents! I don't know how to multi quote so please forgive me.

LCing is a way of life, or way of eating that we need to find the right "fit" for each of us. Stillman's is great, but it's HARD. I think for some of us, including myself, after doing it for a length of time, we look for ways to tweak the program to fit out lifestyle and personal needs (everyone is very different from each other). Yes, some of us experiment with other options, but still use the rules of Stillman's as a guideline. I believe it was determined early on in the thread that ALL are welcome to contribute to the support and conversation, despite our minor tweaking, or falls off the wagon. Everyone's perspectives are different too. 2 lbs a week loss for one person might be a fantastic loss, while for another it's too slow! There are many factors that contribute to how fast we lose, outside of just the food part. It's really about the journey though isn't it?

Anonymousity I think that Shiritaki noodles are fine. True, it's not Stillmans, but really, there isn't anything to them! They are water and fiber.... Test them out a couple times and see how they affect you. You will better know the answer to your question than anyone else here after you have tested it out. In the long run, it's about sustainability right? If they end up being a good addition that you can still lose lbs with, then it's one more item in your arsenal for the fight of maintaining later on!

I've had some difficulties this weekend. Friday was a bad day, ate too much protein, too much fat, and had 1 meal completely off plan (breaded chicken strips). Well, it shouldn't surprise me that I gained 2 lbs. It's still a kick in the pants though, but quite the awakening. Just that little bit of wheat from the breading had my inflammation in my feet acting up so bad! Wow, what a wake up call! I think it's these times that I really take notice of how much it affected me before I started eliminating carbs. Annoying, yet valuable lesson! So I'm finishing off the month 2 lbs short of my projected goal, with a loss of 10 lbs. I KNOW it could be much more of a loss had I been 100% on plan. I learned about fat fasts! I also made some friends here! I hope to see some of you next month! I have a loftier goal for April, so I'm not taking a break from Stillman's, I'm recommitting!! 100%
Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

Seems like it was a tense weekend on the board! yikes. Since we don't want it to end that way I'm going to enter my 2 cents! I don't know how to multi quote so please forgive me.

LCing is a way of life, or way of eating that we need to find the right "fit" for each of us. Stillman's is great, but it's HARD. I think for some of us, including myself, after doing it for a length of time, we look for ways to tweak the program to fit out lifestyle and personal needs (everyone is very different from each other). Yes, some of us experiment with other options, but still use the rules of Stillman's as a guideline. I believe it was determined early on in the thread that ALL are welcome to contribute to the support and conversation, despite our minor tweaking, or falls off the wagon. Everyone's perspectives are different too. 2 lbs a week loss for one person might be a fantastic loss, while for another it's too slow! There are many factors that contribute to how fast we lose, outside of just the food part. It's really about the journey though isn't it?

Anonymousity I think that Shiritaki noodles are fine. True, it's not Stillmans, but really, there isn't anything to them! They are water and fiber.... Test them out a couple times and see how they affect you. You will better know the answer to your question than anyone else here after you have tested it out. In the long run, it's about sustainability right? If they end up being a good addition that you can still lose lbs with, then it's one more item in your arsenal for the fight of maintaining later on!

I've had some difficulties this weekend. Friday was a bad day, ate too much protein, too much fat, and had 1 meal completely off plan (breaded chicken strips). Well, it shouldn't surprise me that I gained 2 lbs. It's still a kick in the pants though, but quite the awakening. Just that little bit of wheat from the breading had my inflammation in my feet acting up so bad! Wow, what a wake up call! I think it's these times that I really take notice of how much it affected me before I started eliminating carbs. Annoying, yet valuable lesson! So I'm finishing off the month 2 lbs short of my projected goal, with a loss of 10 lbs. I KNOW it could be much more of a loss had I been 100% on plan. I learned about fat fasts! I also made some friends here! I hope to see some of you next month! I have a loftier goal for April, so I'm not taking a break from Stillman's, I'm recommitting!! 100%
well said, the whole post is great... glad u r contiuing , i am setting my goals now for April and am glad I will see u there