Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexyback
Stats: 242.8/183/130
Start Date: February 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Yay Good for you , I soooo have lost my motivation and focus, its crazy to me how much of a mental game i play with myself , when im focused theres nothing stopping me and when im not theres nothing that makes me want to go , i get so frustrated with the stalls that i allow it to make me lose my focus, because I feel like I have been doing the right thing and not seeing results really gets me , but i am trying to make my way back , i do know that i physically feel better on plan than off, even if the scale doesnt reflect it, i feel so bloated and yukky off of it , so hopefully the hard work will pay off sooner than later., I am happy to see that u r sticking it out too, i was so good in feb and have totally blown it in march
You know, I think the only thing that really keeps me on plan is that I think to myself "If I go off, I'm only going to see a gain. If I stay on, and it stays the same, at least it's not going in the wrong direction". It mostly works. The times that I do go off plan, it's a calculated risk where I know there will be repercussions, with a plan to get right back on track..... I do agree though, the focus required is immense! Lots of mental power! You have to make a conscious decision to commit yourself to that required mental focus (it was my new years resolution - which started on Feb1 lol). We all have days (and weeks, gosh sometimes months!) where we lose focus, but you are still here! You still have your focus simmering beneath the surface. I think that the easiest way to stay focused though is to have lots of "meals" already made, so that when you aren't feeling motivated to cook or make anything, just resort to what is already made, that way there is no thinking involved. Or at least have some "less terrible" options that are low carb, but maybe not so much on Stills. Not many people have a resolve of steel and we all stumble, but the only way we fail is when we stop trying.

Just keep trying and you will see results, even if it's not as fast as you want it. (HA! I will try and listen to my own advice too! )
Sexyback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyback View Post
You know, I think the only thing that really keeps me on plan is that I think to myself "If I go off, I'm only going to see a gain. If I stay on, and it stays the same, at least it's not going in the wrong direction". It mostly works. The times that I do go off plan, it's a calculated risk where I know there will be repercussions, with a plan to get right back on track..... I do agree though, the focus required is immense! Lots of mental power! You have to make a conscious decision to commit yourself to that required mental focus (it was my new years resolution - which started on Feb1 lol). We all have days (and weeks, gosh sometimes months!) where we lose focus, but you are still here! You still have your focus simmering beneath the surface. I think that the easiest way to stay focused though is to have lots of "meals" already made, so that when you aren't feeling motivated to cook or make anything, just resort to what is already made, that way there is no thinking involved. Or at least have some "less terrible" options that are low carb, but maybe not so much on Stills. Not many people have a resolve of steel and we all stumble, but the only way we fail is when we stop trying.

Just keep trying and you will see results, even if it's not as fast as you want it. (HA! I will try and listen to my own advice too! )
Hahaha and great advice it is, I totally agree with u on all levels, I am the type of person that wants it quickly, but sometimes fast aint always good even tho i do struggle with the stalls, but u r right at least i feel better even when im stalling, and before reading this i had decided that tomorrows grocery trip was gonna be all about me lol....im going to buy the things that i need to stay on plan and make it simpler, the rest of the household is gonna have to fend for themselves lol. but thank u i apprecriate your advice tremendously, hopefully this time next week we can chat about the amazing losses we have had

JAN 210.9
FEB 212.5
MAR 204.9

APR 213.3
MAY 197.4
JUNE 191.7
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Still chugging along. I was in ketotsis last night. Tomorrow is my sons Birthday party so I will be surrounded by pizza, chip, and cake. It will be a tough day!
Day 1 232.8
Day 2 231.0
Day 3 229.2
Day 4 228.0
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimFast
Stats: 267/196.5/120
WOE: "Primalified" Stillman's, plus JUDDD cycling.
Here's me!

March 13 - STARTED STILLMAN'S at 215.8 lbs
March 14 - 213 lbs
March 15 - 212 lbs
March 16 - 210.2 lbs
March 17 - 208.5 lbs
March 18 - 208 lbs
March 19 - 206.8 lbs
March 20 - 206.5 lbs. First week goal was an (arbitrary) 205, but I didn't make it.

March 21 - 206.6 lbs. Um, okay... Whatever. LOL
March 22 - 204 lbs. That's more like it!
March 23 -
March 24 -
March 25 -
March 26 -
March 27 - Goal: ONEDERLAND... Please?!
SlimFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Day 1..........184.2 lbs
Day 2..........182.0 lbs..........2.2 lbs lost
Day 3..........179.6 lbs..........4.6 lbs lost
Day 4..........179.2 lbs..........5.0 lbs lost
Day 5..........177.0 lbs..........7.2 lbs lost
Day 6..........177.0 lbs..........7.2 lbs lost
Day 7..........176.2 lbs..........8.0 lbs lost
Day 8..........175.2 lbs..........9.0 lbs lost
Day 9..........Did not weigh
Day 10.........174.8 lbs..........9.4 lbs lost
Day 11.........173.4 lbs........10.8 lbs lost
Day 12.........172.2 lbs........12.0 lbs lost
Day 13.........Did not weigh
Day 14.........172.8 lbs.........11.4 lbs lost
Day 15.........171.8 lbs.........12.4 lbs lost
Day 16.........171.8 lbs.........12.4 lbs lost

No loss, but still a VICTORY! I am still off plan in a stillmans sense, but eating low carb. I have odd eating patterns to say the least. I'm going through a rough time right now as I deal with a bad anxiety disorder and when I get really stressed, it hits my stomach. I only feel like eating wings and drinking tea so I'm allowing myself that. I can't stomach low fat protein at the moment, so I'm just taking it easy and trying not to beat myself up for it like I would have done in the past. I hate it when this anxiety hits! In my non-low carb days I had an episode hit and I ate nothing but Oreo cakesters for over a month! I wasn't eating a lot so didn't gain weight. But yeah, I end up in these food fixations where I eat nothing but that one food for a good while then get so sick of it I won't eat it again for years.

So for now the goal is to maintain and hopefully my anxiety will ease and I'll be able to jump back into stillmans soon. I hope it's ok if I keep posting here as it keeps me on track! If anything I'll keep cheering you all on!

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #366
Junior LCF Member

You all disappeared over the weekend! Hope you're all hanging in there!

I am down another pound today! Yay!

March 14 - 213 lbs
March 15 - 212 lbs
March 16 - 210.2 lbs
March 17 - 208.5 lbs
March 18 - 208 lbs
March 19 - 206.8 lbs
March 20 - 206.5 lbs. First week goal was an (arbitrary) 205, but I didn't make it.

March 23 - 203 lbs.
March 24 -
March 25 -
March 26 -

Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Mar 1 - Mar 7 229-226 Week 1: 3 lbs
Mar 7 - Mar 14 226-222.4 Week 2 Loss: 3.6 lbs
Mar 14 - Mar 21 222.4 - 221.2 Week 3 Loss: 1.2 lbs

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219

Put my rings on today, I'm seriously retaining water! Errand day yesterday, which meant not enough water drank. I hate running around to begin with, but having to find the bathroom in each place is just annoying. So! I'm really downing the water today. Wasn't really on the fat fast yesterday, but also not really Stillmans either. But hey, now that I have all the grocery shopping done for this week, my fridge is stocked and I'm ready to go on the lean meats again. I've been laying off the artificial sweetener (except for my morning tea) and am seriously cutting out the cheese. I love cheese. and all kinds of dairy (although I was never a big milk drinker the last 5 years). Cutting out the dairy is going to be an experiment of sorts. I suffer bad headaches and migraines. Plus my skin is never 100% clear. Was reading that dairy could be a cause (which my doctors have never told me about, they only told me "drink more water", "cut out the caffine", "take these drugs"....). Anyone have experience with this?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219

Put my rings on today, I'm seriously retaining water! Errand day yesterday, which meant not enough water drank. I hate running around to begin with, but having to find the bathroom in each place is just annoying. So! I'm really downing the water today. Wasn't really on the fat fast yesterday, but also not really Stillmans either. But hey, now that I have all the grocery shopping done for this week, my fridge is stocked and I'm ready to go on the lean meats again. I've been laying off the artificial sweetener (except for my morning tea) and am seriously cutting out the cheese. I love cheese. and all kinds of dairy (although I was never a big milk drinker the last 5 years). Cutting out the dairy is going to be an experiment of sorts. I suffer bad headaches and migraines. Plus my skin is never 100% clear. Was reading that dairy could be a cause (which my doctors have never told me about, they only told me "drink more water", "cut out the caffine", "take these drugs"....). Anyone have experience with this?
I hear ya on the bathroom thing! Very annoying. But I try and time stuff right, and look at it as short term. I think this is way too much water to be drinking for maintenance. I know people say 8-10 glasses, but really, I drink when I am thirsty. We are all told to eat only when we are hungry, so why not trust thirst signals? For this diet, though, I get the importance.

Dairy is HORRIBLE for most people. We all just manifest it differently. Some of us get skin problems. Some chronic congestion and post nasal drip. Blow your nose every morning? Ditch dairy and I bet you won't anymore. Seasonal allergies are often in actuality an ultra-sensitization due to a body's reaction to dairy protein. If you're sensitive to gluten (and we generally all are or we wouldn't likely be fat) then it is very probable that you're sensitive to dairy protein as well. Note that when most people say dairy sensitivity they mean lactose intolerance which manifests as digestive distress. But intolerance of dairy protein is more widespread and tends to manifest as skin irritation, mucous overproduction, and other general systemic inflammation. I have heard of migraines being among these symptoms.

The one thing that separates Atkins/general low carb from my current Primal approach is the dairy issue. I can have butter, but anything else is a treat. Hard cheeses are by far the worst of what I can eat regularly (a couple times a week). Milk is not even allowed at all, and if I do have some rarely, it's treated the same as if I had enjoyed a sandwich or croissant.

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-23-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Hi everyone... I noticed it was quiet too over the weekend but I've been doing well. I dropped a pound yesterday which seemed to perhaps just be a little water weight because I already saw that number a few days ago....hadn't changed anything but at least stills got me back here! Even went out with the family to a Chinese buffet yesterday but I had broiled fish and a cup of lettuce...coffee for dessert. I wasn't even hungry. Been hard core all day and not hungry...I always get this really weird heavy feeling in my stomach when I start hardcore Stillman's the first few days.
Anyway, I'm cooking up some ground turkey as we speak and got everything I need for an awesome week.
I like the fact you don't have to think too much about food choices on this plan. Lol
I just really really want to let go of these last 20 pounds. I'm down 55 pounds since last October and very happy about that of course...but just want to finish and move on to maintence. Weight has been a life long struggle for me and I've finally been able to heal the emotional eating stuff (thank you exercise for showing me a new way to destress)!!!
Been reading thru the thread for this month and you all have incredibly helpful advice!!!

goal: size 9
################
Exercise is my KEY to keeping my cravings in check and my attitude optimistic.
lowcarbfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
Hi everyone! I was away for a few days traveling and wanted to pop in to say "hello" - I am going to jump back on this thread daily starting tomorrow. I have some cute sun dresses from last yr that I want to be ready for when this cold weather finally goes away!
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
[QUOTE=Dairy is HORRIBLE for most people. We all just manifest it differently. Some of us get skin problems. Some chronic congestion and post nasal drip. Blow your nose every morning? Ditch dairy and I bet you won't anymore. Seasonal allergies are often in actuality an ultra-sensitization due to a body's reaction to dairy protein. If you're sensitive to gluten (and we generally all are or we wouldn't likely be fat) then it is very probable that you're sensitive to dairy protein as well. Note that when most people say dairy sensitivity they mean lactose intolerance which manifests as digestive distress. But intolerance of dairy protein is more widespread and tends to manifest as skin irritation, mucous overproduction, and other general systemic inflammation. I have heard of migraines being among these symptoms.[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I love dairy, but I was waking up every morning with a stuffy nose. I bought new pillows, dusted daily, got an AIR PURIFIER for goodness sake! And then I go on Stills, and ditch the dairy...and oh, I can breathe again. Sigh...so yes, sensitivity to dairy is not just a lactose tummy issue. It can also trigger other things.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #372
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I love dairy, but I was waking up every morning with a stuffy nose. I bought new pillows, dusted daily, got an AIR PURIFIER for goodness sake! And then I go on Stills, and ditch the dairy...and oh, I can breathe again. Sigh...so yes, sensitivity to dairy is not just a lactose tummy issue. It can also trigger other things.
Glad to hear it is helping! Hopefully one day you'll still be able to enjoy the odd cheese on a burger patty or cream in sauce as a treat.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
Scale is down 1.5 pounds in last two days, so that's awesome! Had some ground turkey for breakfast and menu today will be simple. Busy day for me too. Hoping that if I do this for the next month I will get to goal!
You know I just can't believe the frozen turkey says it has like 1000 for the whole package and I feel like I just ate 400 calories worth! I didn't over eat...but geez...it goes fast! Lol
Chicken breast for lunch and maybe an egg for snack. Dinner I want to do the same as last night...I have been craving a Reuben so I bought sauerkraut, swiss cheese and roast beef (all I could find)...a slice of swiss melted over that beef on top of a half cup of the sauerkraut hit the spot!!! The carbs were 3 and I think calories added up to 200.....boy was that yummy! And the fiber in the sauerkraut also helped my tummy feel better!

Have a great day!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Hello Good morning, been MIA over the weekend with everything, trying to start again today, ugh same ole sad song playing over and over when will the cycle stop, i suppose when I make it stop, lol hopefully today is the day, now I am sick with a cold, ate soup all weekend tryin to feel better.
havent weighed in, TOM is around the corner and im all puffy prety sure its not gonna be good.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
TMI warning: Things aren't...ahem...flowing the way they should. Magnesium isn't quite working, at least at the dose I'm taking. Going to double it and see what happens, as i really don't want to take a laxative. I think this is seriously skewing my numbers. But hey! At least it's gone in the right direction. I drank water like a madwoman yesterday and still woke up retaining. I'm guessing climate has something to do with it. I live in central Alberta and we've been plunged back into winter again. It's been so dry the past week and a half, I drink about half a liter through the night and still wake up puffy. LOL Looking very forward to spring!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #376
Junior LCF Member

I'm up 1/2 a pound today. Think my body is just adjusting to the rapid loss I had the last few days. Hoping for more encouraging numbers tomorrow.

ETA: I take 400mg magnesium every night, and I have zero problem in that department. Possibly even the opposite issue, haha, but I'd rather that than feel clogged up. I do think the water helps.

Last edited by SlimFast; 03-24-2014 at 09:11 AM..
Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimFast View Post
I'm up 1/2 a pound today. Think my body is just adjusting to the rapid loss I had the last few days. Hoping for more encouraging numbers tomorrow.

ETA: I take 400mg magnesium every night, and I have zero problem in that department. Possibly even the opposite issue, haha, but I'd rather that than feel clogged up. I do think the water helps.
Yeah, I had only been taking the 200mg tablet. Going to up it to 400mg and take it at night instead.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
I was off plan yesterday but jumping back in today. For my own sanity, I am not going to weigh until later this week. I don't want those numbers messing with my head!

Great job everyone!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Two pounds gone this morning so that four pounds in 4 days!! Yay!!! So exciting. I was a little afraid of the high calorie content of the turkey but I just ate according to my hunger and I guess it resulted in that two pound loss...
I REALLY LOVE to just have everything cooked up in the fridge and just grab it when its meal time....don't have to think about it to much. Has anyone noticed a huge spike in tolerance for Tabasco sauce on Stillman's? Lol my family watched me put it on something (can't remember) and they said... "Mom, you're gonna die!!!" Lol I reassured them I would live and it'd be fine! I never use the stuff EXCEPT on Stillman's!! Lol
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
Mar 25 218

Not really the "whoosh" I was hoping for, but I will take it! According to my spreadsheet, (lol I'm such a geek) I am right on track to my plans. I have to admit that I only eat Still's two out of three meals, the other is typically a fattier meat, usually breakfast. I find that my appetite is more satiated until lunch if I eat something fatty at 7am. But I don't eat eggs, and my calculator shows that if I ate four eggs in one day it works out to the same calculation (thereabouts) as the meat I'm eating, so I don't stress too much about it.

Oh! As of today I have lost my first 25 lbs!! I can now fit comfortably back into my last purchased "fat" clothes! I was wearing my sister's donated "skinny" clothes up until now. She's also losing weight, so I'm hanging onto them for her so she can wear them again.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

I let the birthday party derail me! Starting over on day 1...

Day 1 233.6
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
Mar 25 218

Not really the "whoosh" I was hoping for, but I will take it! According to my spreadsheet, (lol I'm such a geek) I am right on track to my plans. I have to admit that I only eat Still's two out of three meals, the other is typically a fattier meat, usually breakfast. I find that my appetite is more satiated until lunch if I eat something fatty at 7am. But I don't eat eggs, and my calculator shows that if I ate four eggs in one day it works out to the same calculation (thereabouts) as the meat I'm eating, so I don't stress too much about it.

Oh! As of today I have lost my first 25 lbs!! I can now fit comfortably back into my last purchased "fat" clothes! I was wearing my sister's donated "skinny" clothes up until now. She's also losing weight, so I'm hanging onto them for her so she can wear them again.
Congratulations. You are doing amazing.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I let the birthday party derail me! Starting over on day 1...

Day 1 233.6
Lol i feel ya i been letting everything derail me, and thats so not me, but I can go all day at work do what im supposed to and go home and BOOM its over, chocholate , sandwiches fries whatever I can get my hands on i eat, i just cant get my mind wrapped around it again for some reason, and i dont know why cuz i truly am miserable at this point, i suppose im wollering in my self pity, but until I am ready nothing will change
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Mar 22 219
Mar 23 219
Mar 24 218.8
Mar 25 218

Woo Hoo Congratulations i admire your will power, I had that once, lol I dont know where it went at this point but Im glad u have it, u r doing great
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member

My 0.5lb gain from yesterday is gone with a couple of its friends, so I am down 0.7lb today at 202.8. Hoping for big losses by tomorrow morning as I have endured low losses for a couple days now!

My running stats:

March 14 - 213 lbs
March 15 - 212 lbs
March 16 - 210.2 lbs
March 17 - 208.5 lbs
March 18 - 208 lbs
March 19 - 206.8 lbs

March 23 - 203 lbs.
March 24 - 203.5 lbs OUCH!
March 25 - 202.8 lbs
March 26 -
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Woo Hoo Congratulations i admire your will power, I had that once, lol I dont know where it went at this point but Im glad u have it, u r doing great
Kandi! I would say it's part willpower, part competition with my husband. But we are doing LC together so it's easier. We have four kids in the house. The teenagers have been told that if they want junk, they can buy it with their own money, and eat it out of the house. I can't take the temptation either. The 5 year old twins still have some of the treats that hang around forever (ie. remaining halloween/christmas/valentine's candy bag that's hidden away) that I actually rarely think about.
I started my journey Feb 1st (Jan 1st is too hard and I seem to always fail in my New Years resolutions). I just knew "it was time". For me, "cheating" is having fruit like strawberries or an apple, or a really BIG filet mignon (my birthday dinner plans...lol). Whenever I think about cheating with sugar or carbs, I think about how that will affect how I feel the next morning when I get on the scale (I call it the B$#@*). If I think I will feel bad about what I did, then I will find something else to eat/do. Oh! I go to bed really early too so I don't feel tempted later at night.
I think you really have to be committed. Stills is really hardcore and requires dedication and a single minded focus (at least for me it does!). I also don't plan on doing it longer than a month before taking a "break" from it. For the month of April, I will do more NK so my fats are higher and I don't feel so restricted. I am going to tell you what I would do if I were in your position... Don't take it as a suggestion that you can't do this, because it's by no means intended! If I were feeling as you described, I would take a step back and adjust my eating by "taking a break", in that I would increase my carbs to a point where I don't feel deprived, but don't get the cravings. Probably around 50g to 75g (everyone is different). I would not expect to lose lbs though. And then when I'm ready again, I would go back down to less than 20g. You will know in your mind when you are ready. I found that this time I was less "excited" about starting. It was more of an "acceptance" that my WOE has to change and just did it. I only cheat on date nights (I guess it's fortunate those are far and few between ). My loss is slower than I had hoped (high expectations) but my body will lose it eventually because I am NEVER going back to the way I ate before. NEVER.
Hang in there Kandi, you will find your path. We all have to travel it, and even though we have the support of people who are doing this as well, the path is our own. Find your footing.

Wow, sorry that was long. I'm off my soapbox now.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My 0.5lb gain from yesterday is gone with a couple of its friends, so I am down 0.7lb today at 202.8. Hoping for big losses by tomorrow morning as I have endured low losses for a couple days now!

My running stats:

March 14 - 213 lbs
March 15 - 212 lbs
March 16 - 210.2 lbs
March 17 - 208.5 lbs
March 18 - 208 lbs
March 19 - 206.8 lbs

March 23 - 203 lbs.
March 25 - 202.8 lbs
March 26 -
Girl! You are SO close!! You are doing amazing!!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kandi! I would say it's part willpower, part competition with my husband. But we are doing LC together so it's easier. We have four kids in the house. The teenagers have been told that if they want junk, they can buy it with their own money, and eat it out of the house. I can't take the temptation either. The 5 year old twins still have some of the treats that hang around forever (ie. remaining halloween/christmas/valentine's candy bag that's hidden away) that I actually rarely think about.
I started my journey Feb 1st (Jan 1st is too hard and I seem to always fail in my New Years resolutions). I just knew "it was time". For me, "cheating" is having fruit like strawberries or an apple, or a really BIG filet mignon (my birthday dinner plans...lol). Whenever I think about cheating with sugar or carbs, I think about how that will affect how I feel the next morning when I get on the scale (I call it the B$#@*). If I think I will feel bad about what I did, then I will find something else to eat/do. Oh! I go to bed really early too so I don't feel tempted later at night.
I think you really have to be committed. Stills is really hardcore and requires dedication and a single minded focus (at least for me it does!). I also don't plan on doing it longer than a month before taking a "break" from it. For the month of April, I will do more NK so my fats are higher and I don't feel so restricted. I am going to tell you what I would do if I were in your position... Don't take it as a suggestion that you can't do this, because it's by no means intended! If I were feeling as you described, I would take a step back and adjust my eating by "taking a break", in that I would increase my carbs to a point where I don't feel deprived, but don't get the cravings. Probably around 50g to 75g (everyone is different). I would not expect to lose lbs though. And then when I'm ready again, I would go back down to less than 20g. You will know in your mind when you are ready. I found that this time I was less "excited" about starting. It was more of an "acceptance" that my WOE has to change and just did it. I only cheat on date nights (I guess it's fortunate those are far and few between ). My loss is slower than I had hoped (high expectations) but my body will lose it eventually because I am NEVER going back to the way I ate before. NEVER.
Hang in there Kandi, you will find your path. We all have to travel it, and even though we have the support of people who are doing this as well, the path is our own. Find your footing.

Wow, sorry that was long. I'm off my soapbox now.

WOW,no not all, that was very inspirational, and motivational lol, U r so correct on so many levels, I apprecriate your imput like u wouldnt believe, you are so right about me knowing in my mind when I will be ready , I usually know and when its there its there like I went the whole month of February , no cheats very head strong but just got discouraged because in my mind it wasnt enough loss , but after following you and reading this, I so should have been pleased with what i had loss, I respect your patience in your journey, if only I had had that I would not be right back where I was with the same weight to lose, I will definitly keep that in mind and also the fact that you think about what u do before you do it i mean yes we all have to but for the most part i dont think about how bad i will feel after wards i only want that taste at that moment, not realizing how horrible i feel right now for consuming it, so yea i am changing my approach and will think diferently, THANKS SO MUCH VERY ENCOURAGING

Last edited by Kandi313; 03-25-2014 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

WOW!!!! AMAZING! You must be really proud of yourself. I started my journey at around 250. I lost and put some back on... this time around I was around 220 in October. Today I am 183. it feels so great as we say goodbye to the extra weight and hello to feeling wonderful!
I was just telling a friend yesterday - I don't like saying "losing weight" anymore... I try to say instead "Using up that stored energy!!!" I don't know... in my mind it works! haha.

Great job!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

My running stats:

March 14 - 213 lbs
March 15 - 212 lbs
March 16 - 210.2 lbs
March 17 - 208.5 lbs
March 18 - 208 lbs
March 19 - 206.8 lbs

March 23 - 203 lbs.
March 25 - 202.8 lbs
March 26 -
Congrats seems to be moving along well