Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Valerwood
New here...trying out Stillman's again

Hello everybody! I am currently not able or allowed to do my usual favorite exercise, such as walking and dancing. The reason for this is my right hip, which will be replaced, hopefully sooner than later!

Because of my lack of activity in the last 6 months, I have ballooned out to roughly 40 lb over my ideal weight. For the past month, I've been on Atkins, because I love my veggies and some fats. I lost 12 lb at first but then then got stuck. The scale hasn't budged for about 2 weeks now and it's very frustrating, especially when you know you're doing everything right!

But then I remembered Stillman's QWL diet, because it worked really well after giving birth and having to shed those 30+ lb of "baby fat". My husband at the time was a great support system, although I hated him sometimes.

In about 6 weeks, I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am just reluctant to give up my beloved bacon, butter, olive oil & sharp cheddar cheese. So I'm trying to psych myself out by moving gradually from Atkins to Stillman.

Like this morning, instead of my frequent breakfast of eggs scrambled with cheese and chorizo or bacon, I ate 2 boiled eggs. I have some lean ground turkey thawing out for dinner, and I was going to make it into a taco salad (sans the tortilla part) but I guess I'll just make a nice big turkey burger.

I'm gonna have to wean myself slowly, because I LOVE my low carb veggies. I'm not tempted by candy or other sweets, but I DO get real craving for vegetables. Crazy, huh?

When I was on Stillman's before, he said if the craving for veggies got really bad, then to just have an all-vegetable day...just steamed veggies, as much I want...just for one day. I didn't lose anything, but at least it didn't set me back.

Anyone else ever try that?
Valerwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
I don't think I have ever done all veggies but I would have days where I would have salad. It always led to a binge for me because it felt like cheating and in my head a salad and an ice cream were the same somehow haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnybyjune
Stats: 265/216.8/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 02/23/2014 restart
I started Stillman's yesterday and am already surging with energy! I ate pretty clean diet before so withdrawals will not happen for me thank goodness!

The reason I am doing Stillman's is that I do great at maintaining what I lose by just eating a clean diet with no processed foods, processed sugars, etc. But that is all I do is maintain. Which is awesome because I can cycle on and off of low carb and not gain my weight back.

Anyhow I am an all in kind of girl so Stillman's is easier for me because of the limited food list to choose from, I love that!

Anyhow let's do this together! We can do it!
1st Goal: 215
2nd Goal: 199
3rd Goal: 185
4th Goal: 175
Ultimate Goal: 165
skinnybyjune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnybyjune
Stats: 265/216.8/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 02/23/2014 restart
BTW as of this morning I was down 6.2 pounds. I started Sunday morning.
skinnybyjune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ksmooth84
Getting healthy for me.

Good day Everyone, I have prayed for this diet all my life. I ran across this book at the thrift shop a month ago. I did not read it till now cleaning up the house. Wow!!! I live in Chicago and we have been snowed in, bitter cold and not active in these parts. So, I have gained 30lbs in the past few months. Being a diabetic does not help. Have no one to support me on this journey. Everyone please give me hope that I need to loose 40lbs. I have read so much GOOD things about this diet. I hope to get off the med pills and be fit. What advice can anyone give me to stay focus on my yellow brick road to skinny.

thank you ........Ksmooth84

Last edited by ksmooth84; 02-27-2014 at 03:06 PM..
ksmooth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: youdontknowme
I been working my booty off for weeks and nothing moving till now. How did you do today? I was down another .8. I think HCG does that! My jeans were starting to get tight but I don't look like I am 158 at all! I look smaller but helloooo it don't matter what I look like, it matters how much I weigh. Right?
youdontknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmooth84 View Post
Good day Everyone, I have prayed for this diet all my life. I ran across this book at the thrift shop a month ago. I did not read it till now cleaning up the house. Wow!!! I live in Chicago and we have been snowed in, bitter cold and not active in these parts. So, I have gained 30lbs in the past few months. Being a diabetic does not help. Have no one to support me on this journey. Everyone please give me hope that I need to loose 40lbs. I have read so much GOOD things about this diet. I hope to get off the med pills and be fit. What advice can anyone give me to stay focus on my yellow brick road to skinny.

thank you ........Ksmooth84
Welcome!! Stay focused and Keep a lot of meat ready to eat on hand. I keep chicken tenders in my purse as well as hamburger patties and a bottle of low suggar ketchup. hahaha...Honestly, that's how i stay on track! I love that I can eat as much as i want with out "cheating". And I also love that I can't stand to eat more that I really should bc my hunger is nearly non exhistant
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ksmooth84
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontknowme View Post
Welcome!! Stay focused and Keep a lot of meat ready to eat on hand. I keep chicken tenders in my purse as well as hamburger patties and a bottle of low suggar ketchup. hahaha...Honestly, that's how i stay on track! I love that I can eat as much as i want with out "cheating". And I also love that I can't stand to eat more that I really should bc my hunger is nearly non exhistant
Thank you, what kind of chkn tndr do you kp in your pkt. and where do you get low sgr kp, hmbr pats. what kind. I will stay on track.
ksmooth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I get low sugar ketchup at walmart. It's heinz I think. I just get a bag of frozen tenders and microwave them with seasoning and put them in a zip lock baggie. I use ground bee and make my own patties and cook up a few at a time. Good luck!