Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosenarad
Stats: 145/124/114
WOE: no carbs
Start Date: started 3 years ago/starting again 2/4/14
i need help...

i everyone....i am in need of help and support..i have been on a no/lo carb diet for 3 years ...lost 30 lbs and kept it off until around this past halloween...i started eating candy and now i have gained ten lbs!! I began on a very strict stillman nocarb and lost quickly then started eating salads with meat and cheese and lots of veggies and alittle fruit ..basically gave up all starch, pasta, bread, potatoes.. but since october i have been eating candy and sugar and i can not stop!..so yesterday i decided its time!...although people think i am fit i feel awful with this extra weight ...i practically stopped exersizing ...my clothes do not fit and i feel lazy and unhealthy ...so its time!!! yesterday i ate eggs and chicken and salad but i was starving and dying for something sweet...was so restless ... and crabby but i stuck with it and signed up here for help and advise and to know im not alone in this!...i want to loose it fast! so i was thinking of going back to the very strict stillman diet ..please remind me how good that works!...i swear i want to sit on the couch and eat a box of valentines candy
rosenarad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BobApjok
Stats: 400+/288/200
WOE: Atkins
I think most of us have been through that. Sometimes we get to feeling that it's not worth it and you feel fine for a while. then you notice the change and you get upset with yourself and decide to buckle down and then you restart and you feel bad and get ready to quit. The best advice i can give is to just try and remember what you feel like after you give in. just keep remembering that thought. It's feels so good when you give in, but afterwards you feel terrible physically and also mentally. Just remember that feeling and pass on it. if you feel like you have to eat to get over that feeling, just eat stuff you are allowed. It's not easy, but you can do it. just fight those thoughts and remember what you feel like when you do it right and how good you feel about yourself. As you see the results it gets easier and easier to stick with it. you can do it!
BobApjok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosenarad
Stats: 145/124/114
WOE: no carbs
Start Date: started 3 years ago/starting again 2/4/14
thank you bob ...thats was very encouraging and sweet...i am having a bad time getting thru the day without cheating and making alot of excuses for bad behavior..so far today i ate two hard boiled eggs...decided to eat as much of whats allowed when i want to eat something bad... two days so far but the scale didnt move!...but im sticking to it...thanks again...good luck to you as well!
rosenarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenarad View Post
thank you bob ...thats was very encouraging and sweet...i am having a bad time getting thru the day without cheating and making alot of excuses for bad behavior..so far today i ate two hard boiled eggs...decided to eat as much of whats allowed when i want to eat something bad... two days so far but the scale didnt move!...but im sticking to it...thanks again...good luck to you as well!
Honey, you can and will do it, you've said it yourself, eating something bad, so, dont put it in your mouth, we're all behind you, but please try to be strong too, xxmariaxx
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobApjok View Post
I think most of us have been through that. Sometimes we get to feeling that it's not worth it and you feel fine for a while. then you notice the change and you get upset with yourself and decide to buckle down and then you restart and you feel bad and get ready to quit. The best advice i can give is to just try and remember what you feel like after you give in. just keep remembering that thought. It's feels so good when you give in, but afterwards you feel terrible physically and also mentally. Just remember that feeling and pass on it. if you feel like you have to eat to get over that feeling, just eat stuff you are allowed. It's not easy, but you can do it. just fight those thoughts and remember what you feel like when you do it right and how good you feel about yourself. As you see the results it gets easier and easier to stick with it. you can do it!
xx mariaxx
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Valerwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenarad View Post
i everyone....i am in need of help and support..i have been on a no/lo carb diet for 3 years ...lost 30 lbs and kept it off until around this past halloween...i started eating candy and now i have gained ten lbs!! I began on a very strict stillman nocarb and lost quickly then started eating salads with meat and cheese and lots of veggies and alittle fruit ..basically gave up all starch, pasta, bread, potatoes.. but since october i have been eating candy and sugar and i can not stop!..so yesterday i decided its time!...although people think i am fit i feel awful with this extra weight ...i practically stopped exersizing ...my clothes do not fit and i feel lazy and unhealthy ...so its time!!! yesterday i ate eggs and chicken and salad but i was starving and dying for something sweet...was so restless ... and crabby but i stuck with it and signed up here for help and advise and to know im not alone in this!...i want to loose it fast! so i was thinking of going back to the very strict stillman diet ..please remind me how good that works!...i swear i want to sit on the couch and eat a box of valentines candy
Don't beat yourself up for being human! I don't crave sweets often, but when I do, I reach for the stevia. I've found Truvia to be the best tasting. I've sprinkled it on my cottage cheese and added a little cinnamon & nutmeg and felt like I was being so naughty!

That reminds me...are pure extracts, like vanilla, orange etc, allowed?
Valerwood is offline   Reply With Quote