Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
I read this, with my diet coke in hand...eeekkkk!!! LOL
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi313
Stats: SW 213.3/ CW 197.4 GW 175
WOE: Atkins 72 & Stillmans
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
I love all the posts today! I felt like this thread was sort of quite there for a while!

Kandi what about flipping your menu around so your eating more in morning, and less at night? It took me a while to get used to the idea, but these days, its not uncommon for me to have pork chops for breakfast, and my eggs at night for dinner. Also, I dont think any veggies are allowed, right?

Sarah great start! Good luck with your weekend...I have had to tell my husband before, listen, I can be a boring dinner date for a few weeks while I whip into shape, or miserable for the rest of my life crying because I am "fluffy"

agagal, i really like Atkins72...it is the original program written by Dr. Atkin in 1972. I got a copy of the book on Amazon used, for about $2 (I think the shipping was more than the cost of the book!). Its worth the read. Its far more basic than todays Atkins program. Induction is basically all meat/fish/poultry and eggs, with just a cup of greens. He tells you to basically be zero carb. Its not like modern Atkins where you can have up to 20 carbs. It is in many ways like Stillmans but no restriction on fat, you can have up to 4oz cheese i think, and cream as well. I went from 140 to 110 on this plan for my wedding. Trying to do Atkins 72 again, after I put the weight back on and then some, wasnt happening as fast as I wanted it to. So I decided to jump start with 30 days if Stillmans, and then I will go back to the 72 plan. On 72, you DO work your way back up to more veggies etc. But I NEVER added in fruit. There is an Atkins72 group on here - its not as active as the regular induction threads, but it IS informative if you dont want to but the book.
Yes i see that i hav to make some changes, i find that i get home from work and wanna eat and drink, lol but unfortunatley i need to change it up a bit, and yes u r right no veggies lol, i too started on the Atkins 72 the first time i ever did it, and i sometimes incorporate the 2 but i dont think thats a good idea until i get to where i need to maintain the loss, i still have more to go before that lol
Kandi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahmakeskinny
I'll have to look up Atkins 72. I don't plan on being SUPER low carb for life... under 100 grams a day I'm sure. Since I am training for a half I can't be zero carb forever, just until my runs get longer and more intense. But for now zero carb is fine while I build up some endurance. I'm hoping to get to 170-175 before I start adding in carbs- and really that's not THAT far away (which is amazing!). I look pretty good at that weight, but I look BEST around 158-160 with some muscle. (I'm really athletically built.. I'll never be a ballerina so I just rock the volleyball player look lol). Along with running I'm starting hot yoga as a compliment exercise- which I hope will lean me out and keep me from getting too bulky. I've always weight trained- but I'm really looking forward to doing something new. I'm tired of lifting, I know what I look like when I'm in good "lifting shape", and I'm excited to see how my body changes with different workouts. I am also excited about the quickness of Stillmans style eating! The fact that it's SO EASY. I've done HCG before- and this seems to give really similar results without messing up your period or making you a hormonal stark raving you-know-what. Plus, for maintaining it will be a fantastic tool to shake off some bloat weight or bounce back from a bad weekend (read: this weekend lol). I don't know why I didn't try this before.

Kandi, I too have a beverage addition lol. I LOVE Monster Rehabs. I will drink 5 at a time if given the chance. I have them once in awhile, but try not to every day. We all have our vices.... but sometimes they just aren't good for the weight loss phase (or really that good for us at all). I just pound the water, or coffee with almond milk and a dash of sweet sugar free creamer for a treat. I do it at night to squash sweets cravings with decaf. I was thinking about making a hot cocoa with almond milk, cocoa powder and a bit of stevia and see if that might be yummier. Or with a dash of sweet sugar free cream for sweetness (anyone else think stevia is terrible?!). I wonder if something like crystal light or a bit of Mio water would help wean us from our delicious beverages too. When there is a will... there is a way....
sarahmakeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Haha Junebug I'm drinking a Monster Rehab... we're bad bad girls.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi313 View Post
Sarah,
Yes i have been thinking about the Diet Dew i am somewhat addicted to it,tht use to be all i drank, but then i figured it was affecting my loss and decided to cut back, suppose i may need to cut it out all together at some point, and ur post is so me the feeling bloated and puffy, that happens everytime i eat carbs yet for some reason i still do it, smh we all have a lot in common , ...thanks for the advice
Kandi, I make my lightest meal of the day at night.
I do allow some diet sodas here and there, but I do admit I have cut back tremendously.
For some reason whatever I eat at night seems to makes the most difference.

This week I got the scale moving again by eating only grilled fish or grilled jumbo shrimp (prawns) at night( nothing else) enough to fill me up of course. And then maybe a coffee or tea just to have something warm. My scale is moving again.

I think you should try to put the heavier meats early in the day, or totally change over to ground turkey, grilled chicken, tuna, something like that, and see what happens

Last edited by akagal20; 02-12-2014 at 05:42 PM..
akagal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Water.

Also when I force feed myself water, the Lbs seem to drop faster.
I pee all day like a pregnant person, but boy does that scale move.
I have diet journal where I write down what I eat, so I can see what food combinations get the weight off the fastest.

When I do Stillmans I turn into somewhat of a machine in terms of food.I don't really think of tastes and flavors. It is more like, ok let me just get this food in my stomach and move on to do something else. I am not big into making all these recipes and trying to change things up. I like things easy and simple and repetitive. There was an article that said "boring and similar" meals are the key to weight loss. And I agree. I find that when I eat very structured and very plain, the weight starts to go. Thats my secret weapon. When you start trying to get fancy, thats when it starts to get murky!

No, its not fun, but its works. 14 lbs in 24 days. Who does that? Stillmans Girls, that's who!

You just start to get with it and you don't want to cheat or mess up because you've worked so darn hard and been so danged disciplined. My friends can not see how I have not had any wine or champagne ( my favorites).
Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Well ,well , after what seems like forver I've bounced from about 73ish to 71.1 this morning, I think stillmans and atkins 72 is working for me the best, yesterday I was in deep ketosis even though I was naughty and had 2 glasses of wine, which, went to my head in a nice way lol, my friend drinks every day and she's doing great, but, she has only drank brandy, which is her tipple anyway. Maybe the 1.1kilo will actually be gone by the end of the month, that is my first goal, so, heres hoping, kutgw kiddiewinks, we can do it xx
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Nice going all, I'm still around, nothing much to report except we're expecting another huge storm. Blech.

Wondering what to do with bone in chicken breasts.........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Morning ladies!

AKAGal, I'm very similar. I don't get fancy, I just eat what I need to and stay busy. I think it helps battle cravings, when you get a distant relationship with food and view it as means to an end... not fun time.

I too pound the water- over a gallon a day I'm sure. I've always done that. I think that's why I have really nice skin. When I was in beauty school, there is this machine (woodslamp, I think) that you pop your face into (sort of like a really old camera, the kind with the curtain you stick your head through) and it displays different shades of colors on your skin, each representing something like dryness/acne/sun damage/ect. My skin was all "white" which was healthy, balanced skin (with a few sun damage spots around my nose, grew up in cali) and I attribute this to the mass amounts of water I drink. It's good for you all around!!! Drink up ladies!!! Makes you skinny and beautiful!

Well this morning I was at 188.1, almost another pound. That's exactly two pounds in two days. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be back at 187 something, and have undone all the damage. Just goes to show a crazy weekend is SO not worth it! Especially if it's just a normal weekend with family! Now, if it's vacation, or birthday or whatever- fine. But not just on a normal day! Thank goodness my birthday isn't for another few months! Haha.

Menu yesterday was chicken, chicken, and then two eggs. I did have some 0 fat Fage too. I figure if cottage cheese is legal, FF greek yogurt should be too! It's got better stats! And I don't think greek yogurt was all the rage in Stillmans time....
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

CCGirl can you send some storms to the west coast please? The lake by the house I grew up in is a mud puddle! I live in the desert now so I'm storm free.... but I know my friends and family back home are feeling awfully dry!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 155.5
Day 2 153.5
Day 3 153
Day 4 151
Day 5 150
Day 6 149.5
Day 7 149.5 (oh no! Is this where I am going to get stuck?!)

One week down! I lost 6 pounds in 7 days - I know thats good, I am kind bummed out though because I wanted 7 pounds in 7 days...im so greedy! lol I think I am going to reserve the cottage cheese for when I am in a hurry, or cant stomach the meats and eggs. The last two days I have eaten it and feel a slow down. Today I had some for breakfast (before I decided to reserve it), and for lunch I had half a chicken breast cooked in low sodium broth and dill for a very basic soup. Tonight I will have the other half for dinner.

Tomorrow - valentines day. I am getting a lean steak. Yum and done!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

WAIT! I just weight myself (I dont ussually do it again in the afternoon, but I did) and I was 148.5! Which means I DID meet my mini goal of 7 pounds in 7 days (doing total of 30). I am using this number...not sure how I weigh less in the afternoon, but I am taking it! LOL
Old 02-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WAIT! I just weight myself (I dont ussually do it again in the afternoon, but I did) and I was 148.5! Which means I DID meet my mini goal of 7 pounds in 7 days (doing total of 30). I am using this number...not sure how I weigh less in the afternoon, but I am taking it! LOL
YEAH!!!! The Happy Dance
That is great. Sounds like you have your plan on schedule.
You are brave to weigh in the afternoon. I would die! LOL
Old 02-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Kandi, I make my lightest meal of the day at night.
I do allow some diet sodas here and there, but I do admit I have cut back tremendously.
For some reason whatever I eat at night seems to makes the most difference.

This week I got the scale moving again by eating only grilled fish or grilled jumbo shrimp (prawns) at night( nothing else) enough to fill me up of course. And then maybe a coffee or tea just to have something warm. My scale is moving again.

I think you should try to put the heavier meats early in the day, or totally change over to ground turkey, grilled chicken, tuna, something like that, and see what happens
Okie dokie will do I just want it move as well as it did the first 10 days lol but I thank u and congrats
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmakeskinny View Post
I'll have to look up Atkins 72. I don't plan on being SUPER low carb for life... under 100 grams a day I'm sure. Since I am training for a half I can't be zero carb forever, just until my runs get longer and more intense. But for now zero carb is fine while I build up some endurance. I'm hoping to get to 170-175 before I start adding in carbs- and really that's not THAT far away (which is amazing!). I look pretty good at that weight, but I look BEST around 158-160 with some muscle. (I'm really athletically built.. I'll never be a ballerina so I just rock the volleyball player look lol). Along with running I'm starting hot yoga as a compliment exercise- which I hope will lean me out and keep me from getting too bulky. I've always weight trained- but I'm really looking forward to doing something new. I'm tired of lifting, I know what I look like when I'm in good "lifting shape", and I'm excited to see how my body changes with different workouts. I am also excited about the quickness of Stillmans style eating! The fact that it's SO EASY. I've done HCG before- and this seems to give really similar results without messing up your period or making you a hormonal stark raving you-know-what. Plus, for maintaining it will be a fantastic tool to shake off some bloat weight or bounce back from a bad weekend (read: this weekend lol). I don't know why I didn't try this before.

Kandi, I too have a beverage addition lol. I LOVE Monster Rehabs. I will drink 5 at a time if given the chance. I have them once in awhile, but try not to every day. We all have our vices.... but sometimes they just aren't good for the weight loss phase (or really that good for us at all). I just pound the water, or coffee with almond milk and a dash of sweet sugar free creamer for a treat. I do it at night to squash sweets cravings with decaf. I was thinking about making a hot cocoa with almond milk, cocoa powder and a bit of stevia and see if that might be yummier. Or with a dash of sweet sugar free cream for sweetness (anyone else think stevia is terrible?!). I wonder if something like crystal light or a bit of Mio water would help wean us from our delicious beverages too. When there is a will... there is a way....
I totally agree I haven't heard of monster rehab , but since posting I have cut back on the Dt dew , my biggest thing is I hate when I am doin the diet and not losing knowing that I should be , so I have had to utilize patience which is something I don't usually do, normally I would have thrown the towel in by now, but I am really gonna try to make this 30 day challenge and let it be what it's gonna be, I appreciate the advice like u wouldn't believe it does keep me focused!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Isn't that crazy....I have found that happens to me too ...I will weigh my self every morning and if I don't have to work and gotten up from a nap in the afternoon my scale is usually a pound less smh I'd but I like it lol and congrats
Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Day-1 of 30~~~212.5
Day 2 208.6
Day 3 207.4
Day 4 206.0
Day 5 204.9
Day 6 205.4
Day 7 206.7 <~~~ That wonderful time of the month arrived
Day 8 206.7
Day 9 204.5
Day 10 204.1
Day 11 203.4
Day 12 203.3
Day 13 202.0
Day 14 203.0
Day 15 202.5 <~~~~ come on a girl needs a drop off
Day 16 203.0 <~~~~ really?
Day 17 202.6
Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! My next mini goal is at day 15, so 8 more days to go out of the 30 total.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Kandi, I am pulling for you to get over the hump!!! Maybe a day of all eggs and no salt? It would be tough but just might give you a push.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kandi, I am pulling for you to get over the hump!!! Maybe a day of all eggs and no salt? It would be tough but just might give you a push.
Thank u so much i have to try something, i hate doin so well then boom hit a wall
Old 02-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Day-1 of 30~~~212.5
Day 2 208.6
Day 3 207.4
Day 4 206.0
Day 5 204.9
Day 6 205.4
Day 8 206.7
Day 9 204.5
Day 10 204.1
Day 11 203.4
Day 12 203.3
Day 13 202.0
Day 14 203.0
Day 17 202.6
Day 18 203.6
Old 02-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a nice valentines day - we went to a steakhouse, so I had a strip steak (I ate around the fat) and cottage cheese as my side (It wasnt fat free, but it was a better choice than a veggie or fries). I am well into ketosis with dark testing strips, and my hunger is pretty much gone, but I am nervous for the inevitable stall! I have not cheated at all except the full fat cottage cheese and two slices of american cheese on a burger a few days ago. I am doing just eggs today, no meat, to change things up a bit. I had all meat yesterday. Heres were I am for my 30 day challenge:

Day 1 155.5
Day 2 153.5
Day 3 153
Day 4 151
Day 5 150
Day 6 149.5
Day 7 148.5
Day 8 148
Day 9 147.5
Day 10 147
Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hello Hello!

I am going to do a week of stills starting tomorrow. I am on spring break so now's the time to do it when I am not stressed with school!

Look forward to chatting with you ladies (and gentleman?) this week to keep me on track!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a nice valentines day - we went to a steakhouse, so I had a strip steak (I ate around the fat) and cottage cheese as my side (It wasnt fat free, but it was a better choice than a veggie or fries). I am well into ketosis with dark testing strips, and my hunger is pretty much gone, but I am nervous for the inevitable stall! I have not cheated at all except the full fat cottage cheese and two slices of american cheese on a burger a few days ago. I am doing just eggs today, no meat, to change things up a bit. I had all meat yesterday. Heres were I am for my 30 day challenge:

Day 1 155.5
Day 2 153.5
Day 3 153
Day 4 151
Day 5 150
Day 6 149.5
Day 7 148.5
Day 8 148
Day 9 147.5
Day 10 147
Congrats, u r doing wonderful, u know my situation and I was worried like crazy about the stall, I hit it like a brick wall , I'm still bouncing that pound around, I hope u better than me at this point , but I like u haven't cheated except early in I had ate a cup of green beens , I hoping it will kick in again, I cut the soda out so hopefully ....but happy for u
Old 02-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Day-1 of 30~~~212.5
Day 2 208.6
Day 3 207.4
Day 4 206.0
Day 5 204.9
Day 6 205.4
Day 8 206.7
Day 9 204.5
Day 10 204.1
Day 11 203.4
Day 12 203.3
Day 13 202.0
Day 14 203.0
Day 17 202.6
Day 18 203.6
Day 19 204
Day 20 203
Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Here it is day 20, I was doin so great in the beginning , I now have had to make more adjustments as I have only lost 9-10 pounds in 20 days, I have 10 days left on my 30 day challenge so with that said and the changes I have recently made I'm goin in for the next 10 days, I really don't want to have reached that 30 days with only 10 pounds gone, hope everyone is doin good
Old 02-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Grrr, so annoyed, had a chinese take away last night, so know I'll be thrown out of ketosis, tomorrow ia another day, great going to everyone, haven't got much more to say as feeling down tonight, it wad stupid really but went with a crowd and gave in to temptation xxx
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Kandi I seriously feel for you!!! You are going to get over that hump - but geeze your body sure is being stubborn! I have been there before when on Atkins, and its just the worst...I think taking out diet soda is a good experiment. I drink too much of it myself (and not nearly enough water!), so let me know how that works...you have come this far, you can rally to the end of 30 days!!!

My new go to lunch or dinner is chicken soup - just chicken, low sodium broth, and some dill. Its nice and warm and satisfying.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Mar922! And happy spring break! We look forward to seeing your stats!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good luck to all !!!

Just passing on well wishes to all on the program

I'm on Day 29, I've done stillmans perfect every day with no cheats . 16 lbs lost.
I'm at 155, which is 10 lbs from goal !! I'm in the home stretch
I got stuck at 161 fir a long time which was odd, I must have been eating something that caught me up
But after Feb 9th, the weight started falling off
I keep my menu simple and avoid temptation
I think a big key is not drinking alcohol

Here are my overall results
Jan 19. 172.2
Jan 20. 170.2
Jam21. -
Jan 22. -
Jan 23. 169
Jan 24. -
Jan 25. 168
Jan 26. 166.6
Jan 27. 166.6
Jan 28. 166.6
Jan 29. 165
Jan 30. 164
Jan 31. 164
Feb 1. 162.4
Feb 2. 162.4
Feb 3. 162.4
Feb 4. 161.6
Feb 5. 161.6
Feb 6. 161.8
Feb 7. 161.8
Feb 8. 161.8
Feb 9. 160.2
Feb 10. 160.2
Feb 11. 158.6
Feb 12. 157.8
Feb 13. 157
Feb 14. 157
Feb 15. 155.8
Feb 16. 155.8

I totally revamped my diet on Feb 10 and as you can see , it got the scale moving , I also stopped working out so much

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 02-16-2014 at 08:46 PM..