Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
yup crave comfort foods when cold, can't ever eat salad below 30F



yup soup is da bomb, I have two quarts of chicken made up



hey, babe, I'm still fighting this sinusitis/sinus infection for six effing months now; after three doc visits I got some amoxycillin and further research says minimum of four to six weeks on meds. I am starting week four and finally my foul tasting mouth is beginning to normal up.

Eh, I'm Atkins when lazy and paleo when strong. Skinny jeans still fit so don't care but still want to lose more. The great thing is when you're at this stage you could give a crap or not.

I have to go to my BFF's house for belated Xmas, and I'm hoping she hasn't gained she's freaking sz 14 forgodssake eek
Damn, six months! That's not good! Four to six weeks on anti's not good either, I reckon I've gained near the 30lb Mark. I'll never let it happen again, I swear I won't! Would say I'm around a UK 12.... I was a 6 to 8 before which I guess is small for my height but I like it that way. So whilst my numbers are supposedly good for my height, I just don't feel comfortable you know. Can you get your friend to do legal foods? I hate it if I have to go somewhere and it goes against my eating plan....I tend to offend, lol. Size 14 is about a 16 here I think?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Oh and forgot to tell ya! I'm finally of to see a chiropractor and I have to say it's down to your nagging....I should have listened earlier! Appointment is 4 weeks away.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
I am down 1.4 pounds this week! I lose so slow on every other plan that anything over a pound is a huge victory. I hope you all have a great day.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
MMS that's great news on the chiro, your fibro will be a thing of the past. You will have to stay in amintenance, it's once a week for life.

Yeah, I know the anitb's that long is alarming but the medical community is so fearful of resistance it keeps them from healing people. By the time you see a doc with a clue the standard aggressive treatment is 4 to 6 weeks. The last time I needed them was 8 years ago for a bad cut so developing resistance is unlikely.

WTG pawp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS that's great news on the chiro, your fibro will be a thing of the past. You will have to stay in amintenance, it's once a week for life.

Yeah, I know the anitb's that long is alarming but the medical community is so fearful of resistance it keeps them from healing people. By the time you see a doc with a clue the standard aggressive treatment is 4 to 6 weeks. The last time I needed them was 8 years ago for a bad cut so developing resistance is unlikely.

WTG pawp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what CC, if it works for me I'll go as many times a week as is necessary. I would love to have the quality of life I used to before this disease/illness. I'm also doing some physio for my back problem. I realise they will probably overlap and I might end up just seeing the Chiro. I always thought it was the bug that was suppose to become resistant not the person? Either way its not acceptable to be left without treatment for so long!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-20-2014 at 05:48 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Well done Pawp!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
CC, I Managed to bring my Chiro appointment forward to next Monday. Feeling quite positive. I've managed to find someone who has a good history, he looks after a lot of stars and his main interest is back degeneration so I hope this works for me. I've nothing but dollars to lose if it doesn't. Unfortunately, insurance won't cover it! They are letting me bring my specialist report and MRI results, thank god. That should keep the cost down a bit. Please let this be the answer.:apraye r::ap rayer::aprayer :

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-20-2014 at 09:49 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Oh I did not mean too add so many prayer signs. Whoops!
Might be goo luck to leave them there.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey all!

I am having a stills day. so far so good! is -39 today. I always fnd I do better in the winter with dieting because I just hibernate so I don't burn many cals I guess. Also I can hide in my winter jacket and pretend that its the big thing not me haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey all!

I am having a stills day. so far so good! is -39 today. I always fnd I do better in the winter with dieting because I just hibernate so I don't burn many cals I guess. Also I can hide in my winter jacket and pretend that its the big thing not me haha
Yes, nothing like a good old winter coat to hide behind!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
MMS, is the chiro that relative of yours or someone closer?

My old one was strict Gonstead methood and he cured plenty of fibro patients, he was so gifted.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #102
Junior LCF Member
 
Verdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22
Gallery: Verdana
Stats: 143/140.8/130
WOE: Dairy-free keto, my own way
Start Date: July 2014
Would it be okay if I join you guys? I'm a low carb vet but I went off the wagon hard the past 4 months--and gained about 12 lbs. I'm now at my highest weight ever and I can't seem to get back into a normal atkins induction mindset. I feel like if I could take some drastic action and do stillmans for the next 2-3 weeks I'd be able to do ~20g carbs a day easily once I transition back.

I did stillman's once before in 2010 and had great results. I just hope I can do it again. I get wicked binge cravings, even when I follow a low carb diet :/

Also, would you believe that I just grocery shopped yesterday and bought a whole bunch of low-but-not-low-enough-carb stuff? Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, flaxseed meal...yeesh. I tell myself that those things are good for getting vitamins and minerals I otherwise wouldn't and it is true that my brain is functioning exceptionally well lately. But...I hate being chunky. HATE it. So, although I hate to have those things go to waste...I'd rather start stillman's and just let this one go.

I have to review the stillman "rules". I might do a slightly modified version that allows one small salad a day, just until I use up all the spinach I bought. But I won't put any oil or salad dressing on it, just vinegar.
Verdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS, is the chiro that relative of yours or someone closer?

My old one was strict Gonstead methood and he cured plenty of fibro patients, he was so gifted.
No unfortunately the relative lives too far away. Would be a five hour trip all round and that's without treatment. Shame because he is happy to see me for free but the amount it would cost me getting there and back just does not make sense. Theses guys are a five min walk from my house. I'll message you his details and maybe you can have a look....let me know what you think. I've no idea about Gonstead or any other method? This guy is very good with spinal injuries and I do wonder wether my back probs are the real source of the fibro problem. The website says that old injuries or conditions that have been left for a while have a lesser chance of complete recovery. If I can get a 50% reduction in pain and gain in movement, I'll be happy but I'd be ecstatic with 100% of course. I had a choice between two that were within 5 mins but went with this guy even though he was a little more expensive.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdana View Post
Would it be okay if I join you guys? I'm a low carb vet but I went off the wagon hard the past 4 months--and gained about 12 lbs. I'm now at my highest weight ever and I can't seem to get back into a normal atkins induction mindset. I feel like if I could take some drastic action and do stillmans for the next 2-3 weeks I'd be able to do ~20g carbs a day easily once I transition back.

I did stillman's once before in 2010 and had great results. I just hope I can do it again. I get wicked binge cravings, even when I follow a low carb diet :/

Also, would you believe that I just grocery shopped yesterday and bought a whole bunch of low-but-not-low-enough-carb stuff? Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, flaxseed meal...yeesh. I tell myself that those things are good for getting vitamins and minerals I otherwise wouldn't and it is true that my brain is functioning exceptionally well lately. But...I hate being chunky. HATE it. So, although I hate to have those things go to waste...I'd rather start stillman's and just let this one go.

I have to review the stillman "rules". I might do a slightly modified version that allows one small salad a day, just until I use up all the spinach I bought. But I won't put any oil or salad dressing on it, just vinegar.
Hi Verdana, welcome. I'm actually doing Atkins induction at the moment and am on day 3. I'm hanging around here because Stillmans is something I've had success with in the past and I like the company here. Your plan sounds good. Your certainly lose quickly! I often used spinach leaves and had great success. I'm back after falling off the wagon and gaining some back, silly me.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
MMS, not much about his preferred discipline there, impressive credentials, though. Let me know what the x rays say. He might be good enough to tell you that you are fibro without you mentioning it. Tell him what's wrong exactly, don't mention fibro, it's just a blanket term coined by ignorant physicians that don't believe in chiro or homeopathic methods.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:09 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member
 
mariad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Blanca Spain
Posts: 172
Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
I also fell off the wagon and gained 2 bloody kilos, feel disgusted as I was doing so well, out of ketosis buthope to be in tomorrow or thursday, cant believe I was so reckless, well done everybody else kutgw and hope to be more motivated this week.love maria x
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS, not much about his preferred discipline there, impressive credentials, though. Let me know what the x rays say. He might be good enough to tell you that you are fibro without you mentioning it. Tell him what's wrong exactly, don't mention fibro, it's just a blanket term coined by ignorant physicians that don't believe in chiro or homeopathic methods.
Ill find out if he follows the Gonstead method and good advice, I won't tell him about the fibro, just the symptoms. I keep having the thought that I'll go in, he'll crack something back in to place and I'll walk out feeling 20 years younger! Well you never know.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariad View Post
I also fell off the wagon and gained 2 bloody kilos, feel disgusted as I was doing so well, out of ketosis buthope to be in tomorrow or thursday, cant believe I was so reckless, well done everybody else kutgw and hope to be more motivated this week.love maria x
Hi Maria, not to worry we have all been there. Not sure how long you went off plan but it could be that some of it is water if has not been too long. Here's hoping for a pink stick tomorrow.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
MMS, you will feel good but these nerves that are causing the fivro pain will take months of retraining your alignment. The bones fight to go back to where they were. It could also open up a gateway that's been shutoff for years which may mean more pain or discomfort initially.

The key is maintenance. You are never cured, you are corrected. It is worth it. If we hadn't gone my doc in the lower neck would be gone by age 70, just like my mothers. Our films look like mirror images except hers are 22 years into the future. Granted, she's been in three car accidents.
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member
 
mariad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Blanca Spain
Posts: 172
Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi Maria, not to worry we have all been there. Not sure how long you went off plan but it could be that some of it is water if has not been too long. Here's hoping for a pink stick tomorrow.
Thanks hun, never thought of that as only fell off a tiny bit, just had too many veggies,2 chocolates, liqueurs though, left over from chrimbo and 3 ciders, it just felt so wrong never mind eh, another day wasted but we're all human. Hope you both find relief soon, I've been reading your posts, sending hugs your way xx
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:07 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS, you will feel good but these nerves that are causing the fivro pain will take months of retraining your alignment. The bones fight to go back to where they were. It could also open up a gateway that's been shutoff for years which may mean more pain or discomfort initially.

The key is maintenance. You are never cured, you are corrected. It is worth it. If we hadn't gone my doc in the lower neck would be gone by age 70, just like my mothers. Our films look like mirror images except hers are 22 years into the future. Granted, she's been in three car accidents.
I've a lot of work to do... The lower part of my spine is so stiff it feels fused. You can't tell when I'm walking that I have a problem but if I try to Bend to touch my toes I can only reach my thighs. I'm tall at 5.11 and everything seems so low down. It's tricky putting on socks, shoes, trousers etc. I've been like this over 8 years. Just hope I can get that part of my back to move again. It will be interesting to find out how much mobility he thinks I can regain. Do you still visit the Chiro for realignment or is your treatment complete? Good job you sorted things out and saw the Chiro when you did. I sometimes want to kick myself for allowing things to get this far. All the docs wanted to do was throw pills at me. I have two disk bugles that slightly touch the sciatic nerve. Some disc degeneration, very slight scoliosis and a little arthritis. Mainstream docs have told me that my X-ray results and all the issues I just listed could be seen in someone who has no pain or problems whatsoever. That is what makes it so frustrating. Especially when I get told I must have a low pain freehold. Geez, I had children without relief and barely made a noise. I have always been good at tolerating pain in my opinion. I've had some real nasty sciatica attacks and have even lost all feeling in 3 of my toes on two occasions, it took months for normal sensation to return. I do sometimes wonder if some of these docs know what the heck they are talking about!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariad View Post
Thanks hun, never thought of that as only fell off a tiny bit, just had too many veggies,2 chocolates, liqueurs though, left over from chrimbo and 3 ciders, it just felt so wrong never mind eh, another day wasted but we're all human. Hope you both find relief soon, I've been reading your posts, sending hugs your way xx
No problem at all. If you were only off for a short bit then I'd say it's definitely water. I think the body just fills up the shrinking fat cells with water and starts preparing to store fat in its place. Thanks Mariad. x
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quick update on my diet as it seems I've managed to talk about everything else thus far, things are going very well. I'm on day 4 eating a modified Atkins style diet. Think I might have a sneak at the scale tomorrow morning and see how I'm doing.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I've a lot of work to do... The lower part of my spine is so stiff it feels fused. You can't tell when I'm walking that I have a problem but if I try to Bend to touch my toes I can only reach my thighs. I'm tall at 5.11 and everything seems so low down. It's tricky putting on socks, shoes, trousers etc.

The xrays will tell

I've been like this over 8 years. Just hope I can get that part of my back to move again. It will be interesting to find out how much mobility he thinks I can regain.

With continued therapy, if the diskx are still intact, there is no reason that you could not regain 99 percent.[/

Do you still visit the Chiro for realignment or is your treatment complete? Good job you sorted things out and saw the Chiro when you did.

We go every Friday. Due to everyday chores and the occasional overdoing; shoveling, heavy loads of gorse feed, etc. I always need an adjustment. Heck, if you have a crappy mattress you will be out of line each week.

I sometimes want to kick myself for allowing things to get this far. All the docs wanted to do was throw pills at me. I have two disk bugles that slightly touch the sciatic nerve. Some disc degeneration, very slight scoliosis and a little arthritis.

Better late than never. DH put up with it for three years before I bullied him into going. Your bulging discs and sciatica mean that when the nerve pathways are cleared you will have eight years of blocked pain messages shooting freeeely. Hang onto those old painkillers. And start taking glucosamine supplements to preserve disc mass. You may need to start treatments twice weekly

Mainstream docs have told me that my X-ray results and all the issues I just listed could be seen in someone who has no pain or problems whatsoever. That is what makes it so frustrating. Especially when I get told I must have a low pain freehold. Geez, I had children without relief and barely made a noise. I have always been good at tolerating pain in my opinion. I've had some real nasty sciatica attacks and have even lost all feeling in 3 of my toes on two occasions, it took months for normal sensation to return. I do sometimes wonder if some of these docs know what the heck they are talking about!
If that was a GP then, no, they are clueless. That's why they coined the term fibro, it's the code for I don't know what is wrong with you.

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-22-2014 at 05:03 AM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member
 
Verdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22
Gallery: Verdana
Stats: 143/140.8/130
WOE: Dairy-free keto, my own way
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi Verdana, welcome. I'm actually doing Atkins induction at the moment and am on day 3. I'm hanging around here because Stillmans is something I've had success with in the past and I like the company here. Your plan sounds good. Your certainly lose quickly! I often used spinach leaves and had great success. I'm back after falling off the wagon and gaining some back, silly me.
Thanks! I printed off the instructions for the Stillmans' 14 day Shape Up Program. I think that will work nicely for me since I have some LC veggies to use up. I'm going to forgo the allowed 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and instead allow myself up to 1 TBSP of half n half/daily for my coffee.

I feel really good about doing this. I've always had success when I go high protein in combination with low fat. I hate to say it but it was all the "up the fat--it's better for weightloss!" comments on lcf that steered me onto the track of gaining from my initial losses the very first time I did low carb, binged/regained on a SAD diet, and then went back to LC. I mean, staying lowish-carb (30-45/day) with high fat did allow me to maintain my weight/kept me out of the "overweight" category (which I am now, sadly, slightly in), but I never lost while eating that way. At this point, I definitely have at least 10 lbs to lose and so that WOE isn't right for me at this time.

Although it is undoubtedly my fault for experimenting with a "healthy version" of higher carb diet this past fall, I blame birth control for making me adverse to meat. Normally, I love meat but during my time on this bcp the idea of eating it made me nauseous. That is honestly what spurred the "maybe a healthy version of a medium/high carb diet would be okay for me after all". Yeah, no. Fake hormones + carbs when your body is no longer used to using them = brand spankin' new adipose tissue. Yes, I know it--I didn't just refill my old fat cells (because they were already fully filled up, trust me), I grew new ones.

This panicked me and I quit the pill on Thanksgiving. I have not lost an iota since, eating the way I have. I stopped gaining though, thankfully. So, the damage could have been much worse. Total gain since last September has been about 12 lbs, but "only" 5 lbs of that is brand-new-to-my-body fat.

I never want to grow new fat cells ever again, because there is no way of getting rid of them without surgery. Even if you do get lipo, there is substantial evidence that your body KNOWS how many fat cells were lost and they end up regenerating in a new spot on your body! Holy crap, right?

So yeah, my reality is this: VLC until I get back to my pre-pill weight AT LEAST. If I can get down another 5-6 lbs to 130, even better. At that point, I will accept that weight loss will probably slow or stop altogether as my body (and genetic background) has always favored a heavier weight than others my height. I will then slooowly transition to atkins induction, which will allow me to add some healthy fats back in. I don't believe I will lose much if at all during this transition, but my goal is to keep the weight OFF, not lose until I trigger my body's BINGE reaction.

Although I can't stand this extra weight and I am doing a quick weight loss plan to jump start things, I am willing to let the weight come off slowly. I want lasting results. Thankfully, I have no trouble following a LC lifestyle as long as I can eventually eat fats again and as long as I stay far, far away from starches, sugars, and all other no-no's.

Yesterday was day 1. Made it through swimmingly. I feel like if I can make it through 3 days, I will be able to continue on for the semi-long haul.
Verdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member
 
Verdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22
Gallery: Verdana
Stats: 143/140.8/130
WOE: Dairy-free keto, my own way
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Quick update on my diet as it seems I've managed to talk about everything else thus far, things are going very well. I'm on day 4 eating a modified Atkins style diet. Think I might have a sneak at the scale tomorrow morning and see how I'm doing.
Good job! May I ask how you've modified it?
Verdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
If that was a GP then, no, they are clueless. That's why they coined the term fibro, it's the code for I don't know what is wrong with you.
Yes, I can agree with that! 99% would be amazing! I'll happily endure some pain in the knowledge that I am improving. Roll on Monday!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdana View Post
Good job! May I ask how you've modified it?
I'm eating mainly green salad but will have a bit of veg if I really want it. I avoid cream, butter and mayo (things I think may have stalled me in the past) but do eat cheese. Also, although I eat some fatty meats, I'm trying not to have too much and realise its OK to have a lean chicken breast and that it's not necessary to laden everything in some type of fat. I think I have done that in the past with Atkins. That's about it really.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-22-2014 at 08:05 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Are chicken drumsticks legal on stillman's? Iade a whole crock pot full of them and they are delicious! Minus the skin, of course!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Are chicken drumsticks legal on stillman's? Iade a whole crock pot full of them and they are delicious! Minus the skin, of course!
I would say so. A grilled drumstick is only a few more cals and a gram of fat more than a grilled chicken tender.

How'd you crockpot them? I am always looking for ideas!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.