Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Who's Up for a Stillman's Challenge?

Christmas is over. Let's strip the fat off!
I'm eating mostly eggs starting today.
Had 4 HB and 1/4 cup cottage cheese so far. Hoping to trim this back as I lose appetite!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Demeris
I'm up, but I can't join you until tomorrow. I needed to finish up some cheese.

ALSO, I don't weigh, so I'll be honest in reporting about sticking to Stillman's, but I won't be able to post poundage. I am measuring strategic body parts, and I'm willing to post the inches lost.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Yay! Demeris, thanks for joining me! Glad to have some company on this challenge.

I'm having hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, broth with turkey, and sugarfree lemon jello today! This is not too hard thanks to zero calorie sweetners and flavors! I will post my weight because this is how I measure, I hope to keep to Stillman's at least for three weeks! After that I will add in some veggies.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I had HB eggs, non-fat cottage cheese & tuna yesterday.

Today, I'm cooking up some chicken breasts as I type. I need to have meat ready in the fridge until the appetite suppressing happens.

I've packed on some weight in the past year and a half, and I want to get back to where I was on my 50th birthday (which was almost 7 years ago). To that end, I will be doing two weeks of Stillmans then a week of Atkins (where I will up fats and add in low-carb veggies). I plan to do that for at least two cycles, then determine the next best step.

I'm very motivated because, currently, I can only wear three or four things out of my closet. If I don't get the weight off, I'll have to buy all new clothes. I'd rather get back into my stuff than shop for a larger size.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Demeris, I too have packed on some weight I want to drop. I don't lose as well on other plans because my hunger doesn't go away. On Stillman, after a few days, my hunger goes away pretty well so I can eat less and actually lose weight.
So I was out all day and had a couple quest bars while out so not a completely clean day for me. Had HB eggs and chicken when I got home. HB eggs are a life saver and I lose weight when I eat mostly that!
I'll allow myself some jello tonite if I need it and hope for a cleaner eating day tomorrow!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
I'm in. Day one is 12/29. My appetite is horrible as are my cravings. I REALLY need support during the first three days as I lose the cravings. My plan is to eat legal foods and not worry about calories while I'm working the cravings out of my system. My appetite will naturally decrease after that, and so will my calorie intake. My weight is around 173 but I'll weigh in the morning for an official start point. I want to stick to stills for 21 days, so my challenge is a 21 day challenge. See you tomorrow!!

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi Guys,
I'm so in! Great to see you all pumped up and ready to go. I'll be weighing in tomorrow too.
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Awesome! Glad you're here, It'sTime!

I prepped up a bunch of stillman legal foods for the week and cleaned out the cupboards to get rid of junk. I'm ready for my first day tomorrow and I'm ready to lose this extra weight!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Anonymousity and It's time! so glad to see you here.
I hear what you're saying about cravings. I still have them,too. I feel proud of myself every time I resist! They do go away if I resist long enough. I do something else or have a cup of tea or chew gum and after awhile they go. I know I can do this because I've done it before. I want it and it's important for my health!

Today am having eggs. Had 2 HB, I made as "egg salad" (spoon of cottage cheese, reduced fat bacon bits, mustard...all mixed up).
More eggs later in a different style.
Good luck everyone!!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
I am doing the Dukan diet but can't find it anywhere on this forum! The Stillman diet seems closest to what I am doing, low fat pure protein diet, it does allow 2 eggs per day with yolks, unlimited egg whites. This morning was turkey bacon and egg beaters....
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Hi Star, Anon and Demetris,
I am so glad to be with you all and do this! I feel hopeful that 2014 will be the year to finally lose my weight. I've seen Star and Anon around here now and again but I've never seen Demetris

Well I weighed in at 177 today. I am putting a pot of beef soup on and gonna boil some eggs. Although I will be doing a lot of egg drop soup. I love soup in the cooler weather.

Demeris I've got so many clothes I just hold on to in hopes to fit into someday. Seasons come and go and they are in style and out of style as time marches on. When I get there I don't care if they are in style or out of stlye,,,I'm wearing them and celebrating also by a major shopping spree toooo

Frances
Old 12-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Can I join you guys? I think this is just what I need to get rid of the holiday bloat and back on the losing wagon...Will have to weigh-in tomorrow morning because I have been avoiding the scale like the plague but I am suspecting around 194-196

The good thing is that I have been eating only eggs and non fat cottage cheese today so it's officially Stillman's!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Erika and Cristress!
Am staying to plan today, YAY!
I have HB eggs, cooked lean hamburger, turkey broth and meat ready.
I'll have some soup made from my broth and meat tonite.
I hope everyone is having a successful Stillman day!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Erika and Cristress

we are gonna do this
Old 12-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hey Hi Star, Anon and Demetris,
I am so glad to be with you all and do this! I feel hopeful that 2014 will be the year to finally lose my weight. I've seen Star and Anon around here now and again but I've never seen Demetris
I was on here a long time ago. I lost a great deal of weight. I went from a 22/2X to a size 8 (I'm 5'8"). I kept the weight off for a long time, by eating low carb most of the time. The past year and a half, however, I haven't been so careful, and I'm up to a size 14. So I am back. Trying to get serious.

I was doing great, UNTIL I went to my father's 82nd birthday party this afternoon. I thought I had prepared myself psychologically and emotionally, but the food and being with my siblings and their spouses took me by surprise, and I found myself back in ancient eating patterns.

I'm disappointed in myself and in succumbing to temptation. I was certain this morning that I was in ketosis. Now it will be at least three more days until I get there.

I guess I need to work on those emotional and psychological bolstering strategies that I used 7+ years ago (and maybe I can develop some new ones).
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Demeris,
When you remember your strategies share them with us. We all need that.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Demeris, today is a new day. you did it before and you can do it again!

Today I'm starting out with two HB eggs and a side of cottage cheese. Yum
Old 12-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
Demeris, today is a new day. you did it before and you can do it again!
This is exactly what I'm telling myself!

As for the strategies I used before, I remembered keeping a journal. I struggled with my emotional attitudes about food/comfort/etc. I also charted achievements there, i.e. the first time I could cross my legs, the first time I could wrap a hotel bath towel around me completely.

I also had a pair of pants that I wanted to wear in a size 8, and every Friday afternoon, I tried on those pants. I still remember the day I could fit into them the first time (I mean fit into them, not able to wear them in public).

I don't know whether or not I this next one is one we can discuss here, but this time around prayer is going to be huge in my commitment.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I've used some of those strategies as well, Demeris. Sounds like a good plan. As for prayer, of course we can mention that here!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
As for prayer, of course we can mention that here!

I have a new source of support, too, different from the last time I went lowcarb with a serious commitment. Back then, when I lost all the weight the first time, I really did it out of vanity and a sense of growing older and wondering what that meant.

NOW I'm convinced that low carb is my road to health. I've done tons of research, and eating real food and eating a low carb diet are the best choices I can make to maintain my health for as long as possible, barring any catastrophe outside my control.

An occasional (very occasional) insulin surge probably won't harm me too much, but a constant reliance on insulin production will, I believe, systematically undermine my overall health.

btw, I know that the above is a simplification, but until I get some more coffee in me, that's as good as it's gonna get.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 11/29/2014
I'm actually starting strict stillman's for January! I kind of realized today that I really haven't lost much at all. :/ Mid-September, I was 191lbs. I am only around 178lbs. I could have lost a lot more by now that's for sure! I'm also going to change my work outs in hopes that I lose inches, which I haven't really lost since I just got taped. My last tape was November 3, and really no significant change. Ugh!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes Happy to report that I did make it through my first day of Stillman's without killing anyone Yesterday was only a couple of eggs, some egg whites and some cottage cheese, hunger wasn't too bad, I think I am more hungry in my head than in my belly anyways...Now lets just get day two over with...LOL

12-29-DNW----on plan
12-30-193.0---
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Iwasmadethisway, We are neck and neck. I want to be 130 also.

Erika you did better than me in the food category. I caved into some jerky at a total of 16 carbs for the two small bags. Ouch, because I did so good all day.

Demeris, I love the strategies!

Anon, how are you doing?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Iwasmadethis way, Welcome!
Sounds like everyone is doing OK.
Demeris, I'm with you on the insulin thing. (How's that for precise language?)

I stayed on plan yesterday. YAY!
Today starting with my favorite eggs!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

It's heartening to see so many of you on this thread. We can do this!

Yesterday I spent some time trolling low carb/ketogenic blogs. I think I want to go back and read some of the books I have that have convinced me of the health benefits of low carb diets. I have several--Taubs, Phinney--I even have all of Stillman's books, even though he is the how, and I want to brush up on the why.

I had some hunger pains yesterday, but they were residual carbs burning off. I know the difference between my body saying, 'hey! you! give me some carbs! Now!' and my body saying, 'ma'am, it would be loverly if you would give me some nourishment.' I stuck to plan: nonfat cottage cheese, tuna, HB eggs, the last of the chicken I cooked up a few days ago.

To all you lovelies sticking with Stillman's:
Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 11/29/2014
Hey everyone! Well, today I had planned to eat whatever I want just for the heck of it. Here's to the New Year starting tomorrow!

I stocked up on plenty of chicken, ground turkey/chicken and eggs. The only two things I plan on adding that are not really "on plan" are unsweetened almond milk and flax seed oil. The flax seed oil has always done wonders for me, which I contribute to the omega 3s in it. So, I'll add these for now and just monitor the scale. I like to make an egg cream with 3-4 eggs, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp flax and some stevia to sweeten. Yum!

I also bought some apple cider vinegar to add to my diet. I've heard it does wonders for numerous things, and I have chronic rhinitis. I'm hoping it will with that.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Demeris,
I wish I would have had your frame of mind yesterday. I had some hunger and dove into a bag of chips. But I'm back on Plan today. In a way I quess I'll make my official start date January 1st. These other days were just warm up.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
But I'm back on Plan today. In a way I quess I'll make my official start date January 1st. These other days were just warm up.

I want you to google these lyrics and listen to the song. It helps me lots:

pick yourself up/ dust yourself off/ start all over again
Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Good evening everyone!

On day three today and so far so good, I actually thinks it's a bit easier with the appetite today, but I have been so busy at work there wasn't really much time to eat, or even think about food... I only had a couple of eggs and some cottage cheese so far today, dinner will be some chicken, and more cottage cheese if needed.

12-29-DNW
12-30-193.0
12-31-191.8

We can do this

Have a Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

OmG! I've never heard this! I've got other areas I need this in!