Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
21 Day Challenge December 2013

Not sure if anyone is interested, but thought I'd give a 21 day Stillman's challenge a go! The only thing "off plan" I want to add at the moment is 1/2 tbsp of flax seed oil. In the past, my losses increased when I took a tbsp a day.

So far today I've had three hard boiled eggs, and some chicken. I have some more chicken on the crock pot that I plan to eat for dinner with some hot sauce. Yum!

I also had a personal training session with the trainer, and did 30 minutes of cardio. I was telling her how I've noticed my upper body is stronger, and the shirts are looser, but I still have yet to lose a pant size! Oye. Hopefully being strict for 21 days will help!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Today is the start of day 2 for me being strict! I didn't end up having my flax seed oil yesterday, so maybe today. Yesterday, I managed to get down to 23 grams of fat, and 129 grams of protein. I kept waking up last night to pee, so I def had some crappy sleep.

I have an interview at 10am, so I'll be out the door around 9. Sucks because we have an ice warning this morning, and I hear the roads are bad. And it's not like this place is 5 minutes down the road either, ugh! I kind of regret making the interview this early in the day, but I have homework to work on that is due tonight. Ugh! Last week of the semester, and it is crunch time!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'm starting today, so it will be more like a 16-day challenge for me, as I want to see what I can accomplish before Christmas.

I also find that I usually only last about a week before I want some fat, and I then eat more Atkins-style. This time I'd like to see whether I can hold off until Christmas.

I don't plan any off-plan eating for the holiday; it will still be low carb but not all protein as I plan for these 16 days. I love the way I feel when I eat this way, so that's why I want to do it longer.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I'm starting today, so it will be more like a 16-day challenge for me, as I want to see what I can accomplish before Christmas.

I also find that I usually only last about a week before I want some fat, and I then eat more Atkins-style. This time I'd like to see whether I can hold off until Christmas.

I don't plan any off-plan eating for the holiday; it will still be low carb but not all protein as I plan for these 16 days. I love the way I feel when I eat this way, so that's why I want to do it longer.
Welcome! My biggest thing is I LOVE cheese! So cutting out my cheese omelet with butter in the morning was sucky.. but I realized I do my best if I eat a HUGE protein meal at breakfast. I'd say my breakfast amounts to 72 grams of protein alone! I pretty much don't feel hungry until about dinner time, so about 7-8 hours later. I'm pretty surprised really but it's worked wonders!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'm a 'morning person,' and throughout my weight loss (and now in maintenance) breakfast has always been my main meal--and almost all protein.

I tend to calorie cycle, and on low-calorie days, I was worried about using almost all my calories on breakfast, but I've found that high-protein breakfast tends to satisfy me most of the day.

There are people on LCF who insist that only 'fat' is satisfying, but that's not true for me. It's protein that keeps me from overeating. In fact, when I eat fat, I tend to eat more.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote