Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
END THE YEAR WITH A BANG!

December Stillman Friends start here!
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

so i will lay off the "calorie" talk this month. Stick with just eating low fat protein and let the diet do it's work. I'm also going to read the stillman's book from cover to cover.

CC: anyway you can think of to share the email book you have? (if not - don't worry)
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
I am here. I am taking a new med and my weight bounced up 5 lbs. The pharmacist said it is water weight and it will go once the med is gone. So I am here and hopefully will be losing weight again in a week's time. LOL
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
Start Date: 11/29/2014
I'm here! Doing good for day one. I had three scrambled eggs this morning, and I am now eating a lunch that is chicken and hard boiled eggs. I'm eating mostly eggs today, if you couldn't tell LOL! I have 5 1/2 dozen in my fridge, so I figured I'd gobble them up.

I weighed in this month at 182lbs. Not my lowest in the last week, but Ive had a lot of salt the last two days, as well as a work out. So I'm sure that will even itself out in a few days. Does anyone have any goals this morning as far as weight loss? I'd personally love to reach 170lbs, and heck, even reach the 160lb's. I hear it's possible with strict Stillman's. Will see! This is my first time on Stillman's so I'm hoping I can lose as much as possible this month.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaj803
I am soo ready to start Stillman's. I don't have the book but I have read everything available on this site an I think I have a good handle on what I should be doing. My parents 50th anniversary party in Jan 10th. I want to lose as much as possible before the party.
lisaj803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaj803
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I'm here! Doing good for day one. I had three scrambled eggs this morning, and I am now eating a lunch that is chicken and hard boiled eggs. I'm eating mostly eggs today, if you couldn't tell LOL! I have 5 1/2 dozen in my fridge, so I figured I'd gobble them up.

I weighed in this month at 182lbs. Not my lowest in the last week, but Ive had a lot of salt the last two days, as well as a work out. So I'm sure that will even itself out in a few days. Does anyone have any goals this morning as far as weight loss? I'd personally love to reach 170lbs, and heck, even reach the 160lb's. I hear it's possible with strict Stillman's. Will see! This is my first time on Stillman's so I'm hoping I can lose as much as possible this month.
I wish you the best! This is my first time doing Stillman's also. I would love to lose 20 pounds this month. I hope that it possible.
lisaj803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaj803 View Post
I wish you the best! This is my first time doing Stillman's also. I would love to lose 20 pounds this month. I hope that it possible.
From what I've read from people who've done it, they were able to do that! I'd be happy with 20lbs myself, LOL! That's about 5lbs a week.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

wow! so many people. This awesome. I think we are off to a great start. I boiled eggs this morning, so a big bowl of those in the fridge. Then I baked two chicken breast in the oven. Had 8 ounces, then put the rest in the fridge. now I'm grilling two more big chicken breasts for my husband. There will be some of that left and will put that in the fridge too. I like to keep lots of chicken and boiled eggs in the fridge at all times. Then that is what i snack on. it will be an all egg and chicken breast day for me and I feel great. I swam this morning, too. (my dog is better today!! so happy. fasted her from 8pm to about 8 this morning, then started her on really bland crumbs of dog biscuits. now i added a 1/2 egg and she is holding that fine, too. plus running around with more energy, so we are on the mend).
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I'll join you guys. I will prolly be higher fat like M&Es some days, like today. lol I was at 187.8 this morning and would love to see the 160s before January! My resolve is really weak though, already today I nearly fell face first into cake when the hubby mentioned he was going to get pizza. I went as far as to ask him to pick me up some junk while he was out but changed my mind at the last minute. It's been a while since I fell off the wagon and I'm having a darn hard time getting in the proper head space to stick with it long enough to drop the worst of the cravings.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
wow! so many people. This awesome. I think we are off to a great start. I boiled eggs this morning, so a big bowl of those in the fridge. Then I baked two chicken breast in the oven. Had 8 ounces, then put the rest in the fridge. now I'm grilling two more big chicken breasts for my husband. There will be some of that left and will put that in the fridge too. I like to keep lots of chicken and boiled eggs in the fridge at all times. Then that is what i snack on. it will be an all egg and chicken breast day for me and I feel great. I swam this morning, too. (my dog is better today!! so happy. fasted her from 8pm to about 8 this morning, then started her on really bland crumbs of dog biscuits. now i added a 1/2 egg and she is holding that fine, too. plus running around with more energy, so we are on the mend).
I'm with ya on the hard boiled eggs! I have a big dish with them already made up. My favorite way to eat them is actually with canned chicken. I'll cook up the great value kind on the stove top, and top it with cayenne. Then, chop up a few eggs and toss it in after the chicken is cooked. Kind of like an egg salad, minus a few ingredients. Always makes me full, and is very satisfying. When I want something different, I might add in cheese, butter or even spicy pepperoni. Yum!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
I think it makes it much easier being "stuffed" from Thanksgiving and knowing how much better we feel after a few days back on Stillman's. Looking forward to a great month with all of you!

I boiled the eggs yesterday just like the rest of you. Planning on making a beautiful beef roast tonight and I need to pick up some cottage cheese. Otherwise, I'm good to go for most of this week.

In a couple days, we should feel any hunger pangs, then we will joyfully slide down the scale.

I told me adult daughter who lives with me, "NO BAKING!" for at least two weeks. I need a good start on pounds and inches lost in the next two weeks to keep me on track this month... minus Christmas day, of course.

Wishing all of you "HAPPY SLIDING this month!"
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
I think it makes it much easier being "stuffed" from Thanksgiving and knowing how much better we feel after a few days back on Stillman's. Looking forward to a great month with all of you!

I boiled the eggs yesterday just like the rest of you. Planning on making a beautiful beef roast tonight and I need to pick up some cottage cheese. Otherwise, I'm good to go for most of this week.

In a couple days, we should feel any hunger pangs, then we will joyfully slide down the scale.

I told me adult daughter who lives with me, "NO BAKING!" for at least two weeks. I need a good start on pounds and inches lost in the next two weeks to keep me on track this month... minus Christmas day, of course.

Wishing all of you "HAPPY SLIDING this month!"
Ohh beef roast sounds delicious! I am thinking of making a meat loaf tomorrow with the lean ground beef I have in the fridge. It's a little over a pound. I just season it with nusalt, pepper, chili powder and some garlic powder. Always comes out good, and I love to top it with hot sauce. Yum!

Personally, I'm routine with my eating but I know that I shouldn't eat the same things tomorrow as I might get bored with it faster than just LCHF. I do have some lite laughing cow cheese just in case I need some versatility. But, I'm trying to stay away from it if I can!

On my millionth cup of green tea today. I made a pot of hot water in my coffee pot, and downed about 12 cups worth! Good lord I'm going to be up peeing most of the night, lol!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

funny on the tea! that's really healthy. good job. i also love putting cayenne pepper on my chicken breast. delicious! also cut cubed chicken breast up and mix with spicey brown mustard, so it's like chicken salad without the mayo. i love it.

i had 14 ounces chicken breast from costco today (99% fat free), 4 egg whites, couple splenda, few tablespoons of low fat mayo, 3 almonds, 1 oz non fat yogurt, 2 ounces jarlsberg lite cheeses. i feel stuffed, but know that is still not that much food and will probably drop a little in the morning.

tomorrow i am back to work, so that is good. i like going to work.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I am not a tea drinker. I hate the stuff - hot, cold, flavored, green. I wish I liked it. I know the benefits. But no matter what I try, blech. So it is water and Diet Sunkist here.

I have had eggs and turkey today. Oh, and I had a leftover lean pork chop for breakfast. I have eggs, a couple pounds of chicken, a pound of lean burger, and clean deli meat in the fridge. Freezer has some decent frozen chicken, beef, and tilapia. I think I am good for the week as well. I usually do my groceries on Wednesday, but didn't get out till Friday last week so I am stocked up. I would love to make it ten days until next Wednesday! That is probably pushing it, but who knows. Maybe I can do it. I hate grocery shopping.

I am going to promise to exercise five days a week. I lose best when I am at least doing something. My job is literally typing all day so the only movement I get is going to the bathroom.

I really want to see a successful December on the scale. Really. We don't have any events that involve food until hors d'oeuvres Christmas Eve and a family breakfast Christmas morning. I think I can make both of those Stillman's friendly.

You guys were talking about your copy of the book, mine stunk when it arrived. Apparently it was in a basement somewhere. I had to spray it with Lysol and then Febreeze and let it dry before I could stand to read it. I didn't find it said much more than the website here. Although, I did like all the diet variations in it. That was interesting.

Okay, no more excuses. I best get back to work if I plan to meet my deadline. I will check in tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

pawp, sounds like an awesome plan you have. my trouble issue is spenda. i drink a lot of diet coke, which does not bother me, but i think that too much splenda stalls an almost perfect day of eating. i had 6 of them today, which is 3 carbs. how many or any do most of you have each day? or, do you think it doesn't matter so much to have splenda.

just wondering. thanks!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Shreem, I don't use splenda so I can't help. What are you using it in? Coffee? They make liquid artificial sweeteners that have close to no carbs. It is the filler they add to splenda to make it powder that adds the carbs. Davinci syrups and liquid Stevia and the like are lower on the carb scale. Considering we are eating SUPER low carb, I can't imagine your 3 carbs from the splenda makes much difference, but I am not an expert.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I'm on my last tea of the evening. Drinking up some decaf chai tea, and some Smooth Move to make sure things keep moving, lol! Luckily, I haven't had a problem at all, but I do try to drink it once a week. I've heard magnesium is good in that area too, as well as for sleep. Luckily, I have some so I am going to try and down a tablet. The kind I have make it really hard to swallow though. :/

Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome for the first day of December! I ended my day with three hardboiled eggs salted with nusalt. A little under 1000 calories for the day. I need to up it tomorrow since it's my work out day.

pawp11 - I use a personal trainer 3x a week right now. The improvement is remarkable vs. just doing cardio. I haven't really been too strict working out though. I really want to start upping my cardio this week, but only on the days I train with the trainer. She does a lot of strength training with me.

Shreem - Have you tried stevia, like the pure stevia? I buy the sweet leaf brand, and it has 0 glycemic impact. Love the stuff, but not cheap! I sprinkle it in my coffee, or tea.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 12-01-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL pawp, I have a love hate relationship with tea, too.

Try putting some fabric softener sheets between the pages of that book.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larcana
Great! I've been out all day..just checking in. Love the Stillman's! I go back and forth with coffee and tea. I try to do mostly just water . I'm back at it today.
Larcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

thanks all! yes, adding splenda to the coffee, so three cups of coffee with 2 splendas, but i'm going to start doing more black coffee-i actually like plain black, no additives.

i read in the book today that unlimited coffee breaks are allowed on stillmans, so if i can just do black coffee-i think it would be better. (but this is going to be a challenge for me)
Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TaFree
Stats: 230
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 12/02/2013
Hello everyone

I am a long time lurker. I have to say you stillman folks are great. I plan on starting the diet tomorrow with no weight in until March. I have found that the scale is not my friend because I am so impatient. I'm going to have faith in myself and this diet. Good luck to you all.
TaFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsJ
Stats: 186/ 5ft6
WOE: Stillmans
Hello,

Newbie here...I've been browsing around also, since last month...started Stillmans for about a week- saw some results, then messed up! So I'm starting over effective 2morro.
Good luck everyone!
MrsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I weighed in this morning at 181.5lbs, which is a loss of .5lbs on the scale. I thought I'd have a little bit more of a loss, only because some of that is salt retention/work out "gain." But, obviously my body is still figuring that out. I have a workout today with the personal trainer, so it's probably going to show up higher on the scale tomorrow as well. I feel like I'm losing inches, because my stomach looks a little flatter these last few days. Again, just another reason to not always go by the number on the scale since it doesn't tell the whole story.

Today:
B- 3 eggs, 1 can Great Value chicken
L- 2 Weight Watchers chicken breast
D- 3 eggs
= 970 calories, 0 carbs, 40 grams of fat, 152 protein

I plugged in my food today and was able to lower the fat a little bit, but overall, I've been about 40-50 grams of fat for now. I'd like to find a way to up the calories though since today is my higher calorie day, and it's still under 1000 calories. Sucks that I don't like tuna, or other fish type food. I do need to buy just some plain chicken, but figured the Great Value chicken and Weight Watchers chicken is easy to start with. Not sure what to do to up the calories, and that menu might have me stuffed.. but I try to keep calories higher on work out days. I figure I might see how the day goes, and if by dinner time I'm starving, I may add a 1/2-1 tbsp of butter, and maybe cheese. Borden makes an awesome cheese called cheese melts, and is only 1 gram of carbs! And, is delicious for omelets.

On another note, I found TONS of my old skinny clothes up in the attic. Most of the clothes I could fit in early 2011 before the weight gain. I didn't even know I had clothes up there, but my mom must have put them up there at some point. So, I grabbed four bags full and started washing them. I can't wait to fit into them again! So many pretty clothes I haven't been able to wear in so long.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Made this way!! Congratulations. You are doing awesome.

well, i got on the scale at the gym this morning and had a nice surprise, too. I also dropped .5 pounds. This is a big deal for me, as that puts me just about at my goal weight. I'll keep going another 2 pounds, because I easily fluctuate about 2 pounds throughout the week. If i'm a couple pounds under the goal, then I will always stay at goal when I bounce up.

I just had my chicken and cheese. now baking another 2 chicken breasts for my lunch. I'm sure I will have a sample right out of the oven before packing the chicken, because it taste so good freshly cooked. I'll also take a couple hard boiled eggs for lunch. better to have too much than not enough - so there is no excuse to snack on any wrong foods, if I have more than enough packed in my lunch bag. I also keep a large jar of the hellmans low calorie mayo in the fridge at work. then i don't have to carry that back and forth everyday.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Made this way!! Congratulations. You are doing awesome.

well, i got on the scale at the gym this morning and had a nice surprise, too. I also dropped .5 pounds. This is a big deal for me, as that puts me just about at my goal weight. I'll keep going another 2 pounds, because I easily fluctuate about 2 pounds throughout the week. If i'm a couple pounds under the goal, then I will always stay at goal when I bounce up.
Awesome loss to get started! I tend to bounce a few pounds when I work out, so it sucks.. but typically the best day for me to weigh for an accurate result is Sunday or even Monday mornings. Of course, I've been eating a little bit saltier foods so I don't think I'm helping myself at all when it concerns weigh ins these past few days.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larcana
Good Morning Stillman-ers! I am working to keep my water and protein up! I do better that way. Eggs for breakfast, chic for lunch. Dinner? Left over turkey?
Larcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

made this way: you lost on the average through the thanksgiving holiday! that rocks.

larcana: sounds like an excellent plan.

I measure and weigh my food before eating it, it helps me stay out of denial of how much I actually had. If the container weighed 11 ounces and now all the chicken is gone - then I ate 11 ounces. (not 8, but 11) Keeps me honest.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
I have the original Stillman book. I don't count calories, I just follow the eating plan. Makes my life SO enjoyable! Eggs, left over beef roast, a bit of turkey and I'm good for the day!

I may look into the low-cal cheese options. I'm originally from Wisconsin and I need my cheese.... besides the cottage cheese.
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
made this way: you lost on the average through the thanksgiving holiday! that rocks.
I stayed LC on Thanksgiving, and just overate on cheese, and of course pepperoni. My lowest in the last week I think was 180.6lbs, but then I went and worked out, ate salty foods, and I'm still trying to get back to, or under that number. I'd love to be in the 170's so I can work on getting into the 160's!!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I am down to 180.3lbs this morning, for a total of 1.7lbs lost since Sunday's weigh in. A new low for me! I would love to see 175lbs on Sunday.

I ended up not working out yesterday since my back has been giving me some trouble, so looks like I'll be making a chiropractor appointment. I've been having on and off pain since I started working out in September, and have kept it easy since October, except for seeing a personal trainer. So, I'm trying to figure out why it keeps bothering me. The chiropractor thought I may have given it a small injury without knowing it when I started working out again in September. If anything, I just may need a few more alignments to feel 100%.

I did end up eating 1/2 tbsp of butter and two slices of Borden Cheese Melts, and it was delicious in my omelet yesterday! If anything, I didn't drink as much water as I planned. So here I am, downing my first 4 cups!

I went to my ex-bf's house yesterday to start collecting my stuff. My poor puppy was sick, and had been throwing up all night. He seemed fine when I went to the house. But OMG, there was so much junk food everywhere when I was there... I was worried I might cave! Luckily, I just grabbed a diet soda while I was there and when I got home, made a big lunch. My ex-bf is def is a junk food person but it looks like it got ten times worse once I moved out.

As for what I'm eating today, I might end up making another omelet. It tasted really good, and right now is mentally satisfying. I have a pound of lean ground beef, so I'll make some meat loaf for lunch. Yum! Not sure about dinner, but I might be having some of that meat loaf for dinner as well.

I just realized that in three more days, I'll have been on a LC plan for three weeks, with no cheats. Just a cheese/pepperoni splurge when I needed it. Go me!

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 12-03-2013 at 05:29 AM..