Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
cici: awesome job!

good ideas on trying to limit the cottage cheese, see what happens. I also like the all egg days, too.

my scale was 3 pounds up this morning, but I know I did not gain 3 pounds. my body is really slim and I can tell by how my clothes feel. So sometimes the scale does not tell the truth. I tried to ignore it - and ate very low calorie today. I did a good job and will get back on the scale tomorrow. Stillmans book says it's ok to weight every day. I use to do that, and it helped me a lot.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
My scalez were up a pound also. I was simultaneously disappointed and relieved. LOL. My goal today is a clean Stillman day with a few more calories. I have everything I need. I figured out that as long as my protein is high enough, the rest of my needs will come from my own fat. So no more panicki.g.

Today is a day off for me so will be cleaning, organizing, cooking with some different spices and methods, wriing some cards and letters, reading, relaxing and generally making tthe most of the day. I need some stamps so may venture out for that.

Hope you all enjoy your day.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.6/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 19, 2014
Hi guys! I'm doing good. Finally, the pizza "gain" is gone and I'm at a new low of 179.5lbs! Now I just need to work on getting my butt out of the 170's! I've been drinking tons of water, and eating a bit less the last few days. But, I'm going to have my omelet later this morning. My stepdad asked me to make breakfast, and with my calories being a bit lower the last few days, I figured I'd up them a little bit with my favorite omelet. Yum!

I'm finding a bigger breakfast of chicken/hard boiled eggs keeps me insanely full. I use a can of great value chicken, cook it on the stove top with cayenne, and then chop in three hard boiled eggs after the chicken is done. It's about 72 grams of protein. I can barely eat it all! I don't find myself hungry, even if I do an hour of cardio, until later in the evening.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Wowsers, WTG all!

I'm staying away from dairy, still fighting this mystery five month cold sinusitis. I started back on amoxycillin 1000 mg. day twice a day last Thursday and doing neti pot with hydrogen peroxide 3x day. I am finally feeling better, though not by much. I'll take it.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
My scale hates me. Otherwise, I am still working it.

Congrats to the rest of you on doing so well.

CCGirl, I hope you can kick it soon! I know it must be miserable, especially for this long.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
Week 1 stats: Lost 7 pounds! Bust, down 2"; Waist, down 1 1/2"; hips, down, 2"..... all in all a GREAT week!

I'd like to be able to go two more weeks.... but that pizza lunch is coming up on the 20th at work. How many days did it take you to get back on track after the pizza, I Was Made this Way????

I'm still a bit more tired than usual, but I'm enjoying not feeling like a balloon all the time. Can't wait to see if I can make it into Onederland by the end of next week!

Last night I made a beef roast and I had a hard boiled egg. Tonight we're going to grill some steak. I should have done it like a steak down when on HcG and I don't eat anything that day except the steak. Oh well, maybe next time. I cooked up the last five eggs this morning and hard boiled them. I'm may try the egg only thing tomorrow just to change things up a bit.

Stay warm.... of all of you enduring the freezing weather. My feet have been cold all morning. I can't seem to get them warm today.

Last edited by foxylady; 12-10-2013 at 09:57 AM..
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post

I'd like to be able to go two more weeks.... but that pizza lunch is coming up on the 20th at work. How many days did it take you to get back on track after the pizza, I Was Made this Way????
Well I had 4 slices on Fri night, and I ended up finishing the last 4 on Sat night. I have to remember that if I want pizza.. just got pick up a slice or two because I have no one to eat the rest of it. I hate food going to waste. So, I weighed my most on Sunday morning from the two days.

It really only took two days for my weight to go back down. I made sure to drink A LOT of water, and did 30-60 minutes of cardio at the gym, and even ate lighter than normal. More around 800 calories on Sun/Mon. I also drink a senna tea on Sunday nights, and I think that helped as well.

I already plan on having New Years Eve off, so I'll go back doing the same as above. I'm hoping to at least dip into the 160's by then though.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 12-10-2013 at 10:51 AM..
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, man! Just lost my post.

Short version - KUDOS to all.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Wow congrats to all the losers CCGirl i hope you finally kick that infection ,5 months is way too long. I have been also eating a lot of Franks hot sauce as well . This is day 33 for me ,i'm down 22.6 lbs.
Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW you all are cruisin' with the losin', GO TEAM STILLMAN !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes, I am taking 1000 mg amoxycillin 2x a day, ran out so on Cipro until my order comes tomorrow. I am determined to beat this thing. To death.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

wow! Incredible posts today! Named it right this month "out with a bang" - But it's really IN with a bang.

Just fabulous. I had an great eating day, eggs and cheese for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and chicken breast and eggs for dinner. happy camper! Did not weigh this morning like I said I would because I ate breakfast before going to the gym and I knew that in itself would add pounds. maybe tomorrow, we will see.

CC: Try chopping up garlic and swallowing it, also a mixture of cayene pepper, chopped garlic and a little yogurt is good for the immune system. I also love using a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil. Fixes my dogs ear aches every time - has anti-bacterial properties. I have a feeling you are just about over the hump and ready to kick this illness. (are you anywhere near mold, or maybe mold growing in your work place or home by chance?) a group of people came down with the similar last year at my office. they would get sick, go to the doctor, stay home & take antibiotics, get better - return to work and then get sick again. they all thought they had the flu until i started asking for the air quality to be tested for molds. They changed all the air filters in the ceiling and bought everyone an air purifier to put right in their office or cubicle. After that, all the sickness went away. (JUST AN IDEA - NOT SAYING YOU HAVE ALLERGIES, but wanted to mention it).
Old 12-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Day eight - one week weigh in, down seven pounds. Yesterday was pure protein and spices. Maybe my first really clean day. Pork loin and eggs for breakfast, chicken vindaloo (meat only) for lunch, Steak for dinner, turkey snack. Today I am the hungriest I have been. Had steak and eggs for breakfast, salmon patties for lunch. I need to grocery shop so may pick up some FF yogurt. How long does Stillman recommend staying on the pure protein level. I don't have the book.

Cc, hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
Super job, everyone! Hang in there!

I am in so much pain today I cannot possibly think about getting on the scale. Went to work because of "pressing" issues. Taking pain meds again and seeing my chiro later today.

Coffee and eggs so far today. Hope I can make it all day that way.

Regarding the Christmas party pizza lunch... my daughter said they have meatballs there and told me to order two of them! Sounds like a great alternative and something I can live with... YIPEE!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Eating more M/E the next few days since I have my PT test coming up. I'm hungrier than usual too, which makes me wonder if TOM is on its way, hmm.

I was only down an ounce since yesterday morning, LOL! I'll take it. Trying to keep hydrated for Friday. I'm really not looking forward for my test but it does need to be done. I'm not sure why they are in such a hurry to give me a diagnostic since I haven't done a test in 2 1/2 years.. and I haven't exactly been running, doing pushups, and situps these last few years either. They know I won't pass, but I guess want to see where I'm at. I know where I'm at.. and it's not passing, LOL! Hoping to pass by May though so I can work towards a scholarship I want.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

well, i weighed this morning and down one pound - yea! I thought it would be the same, becaues i ate breakfast before going to the gym. I use a doctors scale in the gym's locker room as my weigh in. so i was really happy. i feel i lost during the day today, too. had good eating. yogurt and eggs in the morning (1 cup fat free yogurt - not really allowed but I'm one pound from goal and will probably be back at goal tomorrow). had eggs for lunch. When i got home from work i had egg whites, chicken breast with fat free mayo and a couple slices store baked turkey breast. That's all. low fat, low calorie and high protein. I do not feel hungry at all.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

the scale was not kind today. i was up .75 pounds. i had yogurt again this morning, with an egg. so i will cut the yogurt back out, plus the yogurt is making my wrist stiff again. i have read that dairy can cause arthritic symptoms in some people. when i completely stopped all the yogurt for about 2 months, those aches went completely awau, and all inflammation went down - so i think it's the yogurt.
i don't drink milk and the 2 slices of low fat hard cheese does bother me.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
My scale finally moved. I didn't make any real changes. It just finally happened. YAY!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, Pam! Good work hanging in there.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

yahoo! Way to go Pam. Persistance wins every time. Cici: how was your day? I loved how you called this a Pure Protein Diet, because that's just what it is - makes it sound so easy. Just eat our protein. I had a great day. left the eggs alone after breakfast and just had chicken breast for lunch, and chicken breast when i got home from work. will have a little more in a bit and then that's it.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mariad
Stats: 162 goal 140 approx
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2007
Hi there,have decided to do a modified stillmans and have been toying with it for a few days,down 1 kilo since tuesday,love reading all your posts,you are all such an inspiration.I lost on Atkins but tried again and didnt lose anything probably due to age and pre menopause i think,happy with a kilo but intend to be a bit stricter over te weekend and see what happens,although i hve a party to go to in a restaurant saturday,hope i can be good,will keep updating and reading the thread,love to all from Spain ,Maria x
mariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Today is day ten. Have honestly been holding on bu a thread so will transition to Dukan phase two tomorrow. I could not find a dukan group here sbut etabolism Miracle is very close during the rest phase to dukans meat plus veg daus.. Thanks for the support. I will probably pop in here on my pure protein dayd. Sorry about bad phone typing.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go, team!

Foxy, I am soory you're under theweather, feel better!

Shreem, I hope you're right. I work from home so nothing changed in the environment. This has been going on since July. I am staying on the antibiotics for at least three weeks. I read on a UK health site it takes aminimum of four to six weeks of antibiotics to kill a sinus infection. This BS of two weeks then back to the doc is just a revenue generator.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

cici, you don't have to be pure stillmans to stay here! we love having you around. CC: yes, i think you are at the tail-end. just stay on it! this has also been a strange fall to winter transition. lots of warm weather, that does not kill off all the sick bugs hanging around, plus the changes from warm to cold like we have had are difficult for the body to get well.

mariad: nice to hear from you. good luck!!

i did all chicken today, and droped 3/4 pound this morning. will not go to the gym tomorrow, but will on sunday. will weigh again on sunday. works better for me to weight more frequently.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Shreem. I will refrain from posting nonprotein menues. I think it is confusing for someone coming in trying to learn the rules.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

cici: glad you are going to hang around. i dont think that anyone here is truly truly eating hard core stillmans (if everyone was really honest), because the different variations of the low carb diets are so prevalent today - and none of this is really new anymore. The goal is to lose weight, not to be so rigid about how we all get there.

here is an interesting article: Two Brave Men Who Ate Nothing But Meat for an Entire Year

Also: i have seen some really good stuff about the Dukan Diet, so I would love for you share what you are doing with that. i don't know if this is true or not, but I read that Kate Middleton used the Dukan Diet to stay slim before having her baby. Not such a bad rold model!

Last edited by Shreem; 12-14-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Wow,so excited just used a keto stick from my atkin days and it turned dark purple immediatel,never ever had that happen before,im drinking loads of water si i dont think its that,feel like framing it or taking it out to dinner tonight to remind me not to be tempted by the jacket potatoes LOL,feeling happy xx maria xx
Old 12-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Shreem,i used the dukan diet for a week and actually put weight on,the same with slimming world,i feel ive find my holy grail with stillmans xxx
Old 12-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Mariad, framing the keto stick. Hope just the addition of veggies won't derail me. What really sets Dukan and Stillman apart is the lack of added dietary fat. Theoretically, this allows the body to pull needed energy from the body stores. I think there may be a small rebound when I add the veggies but not much.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Mariad! so awesome to turn the ketone stick so dark. that only happened to me once. Yes for me, too, with Stillmans. it's the only thing the works for me, and it works well. I just don't want to push my own ways onto others here. We are all made different, and we all have different health issues - but when I'm doing the all meat stillmans, It is the very best. has solved so many problems for me. I'm read something I just found on the lowcarbfriends site called: Stone Age Diet. it's about man being carnivorous. it's excellent. I found it here: http://low-hi.com/Voegtlin_1975_The_Stone_Age_Diet.pdf

Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

cici: yes, there will be a small rebound, but in about a week your body will even out and adapt. stillmans has an "inches off" diet that he encourages basically all vegetables and no protein for 2 weeks. (following all weight loss). It pulls additional fat out of teh muscles at the end, that the high protein can't. He says the same thing. the first week you will gain a little from water weight and then the body will release it.