Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
wow! such incredible posts today. thanks for all the good news. i had such a good work day and then i remember thinking how fun it would be when i got home and read all the posts from today. great work everyone!

Leo41: i'm right with you on the low fat/low calories, then add in high protein and it's just the perfect way of eating for me, too!

Anonymousity: thanks for your honesty and i'm sure everyone here knows what those binges feel like. Eating Stillman's high protein diet is the absolute best eating plan to stop binges. Throw out any food that is particularly tempting to you and never buy it again. my big food use to be ice cream. now i never ever have more than one taste. Jot down the date of that last binge and make your goal to be binge free. Start counting the days since your last binge, pretty soon it will be a year, then two years, then you won't ever have to have them again. Usually there are lots of emotions wound up in binges, and instead of feeling the emotions and dealing with the real issues, we sometimes eat to numb those feelings. Don't turn to food for comfort, write your problems out, talk to a friend - Just choose to do something good for yourself in those moments, rather than hurt yourself. overeating only adds a whole other problem to the equation. (I'm sharing with all of us here - )

cici: awesome menu today! way to go. your photo is really beautiful, and you have such great style.

So happy to have friends here. I had a great day of eating. Lots of chicken breast and egg whites, low fat cheese. I didn't weigh. Will weigh again in a couple days. The stillmans book actually says it's ok to weigh everyday. i stopped that because I used to be compulsive with it, but it does help me a lot to maintain the goal weight. While losing weight it can be a little frustrating, because of the natural up and down of the scale as we gradually make it to our goal -

MrsJ: so glad the headaches is gone. must have been the getting off carb flu

Pawp: Yahoo on that pot for eggs! I have my favorite, too. Makes the day so much easier

Last edited by Shreem; 12-04-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ninja Barbie
Stats: 152.8/152.8/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: July 20 '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
What were you eating from the allowed foods list? I know that personally I do best on only a few foods and the weight comes off quickly and the cravings and hunger all disappear. It could be that you were eating a food that sets off hunger in you?
Anonymousity: I've pretty much stuck with the same foods: eggs, ground turkey breast, and chicken breasts. I occasionally add fish, like Cod.
It's always my insane mental cravings that I've given in to. Once that happens, the binge flood gates burst open and I literally drown in bad food.

I do know, however, that all of my hormones have been screwed for quite some time, which is going to make losing weight a constant uphill battle.
Honestly, I don't care how well a person eats and exercises, if their hormones are messed up then it's like going to a gunfight with a water pistol.

Pawp and Shreem: Thank you both so very much for your kind words and advice.
I'm just going to do my best and hope my body will let this weight go. That's all I can really do, I guess!

I haven't weighed in a couple of days because I've been having scale issues (not finding an accurate one with the very limited selection here on the island). I just picked up another today and hopefully it will be a winner. I'll post my stats tomorrow!

Glad to hear so many people piping in here in this group; it definitely makes things go easier and a bit fun when we're not alone.

I hope the scales show great losses for everyone tomorrow (for those who are jumping onto one) and if anyone has some good QWL recipes, post 'em up!

Ooooh, and does anyone know if Amazon is the only place to get a copy of Stillman's diet? I've even tried looking online just to download it to a pdf file, but no luck..
Ninja Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.4/130
WOE: M/E
Good morning everyone! Surprisingly after a work out day, I weighed in this morning at a new low of 180.1lbs! Sooo close to the 170's!! I was hoping to be 175lbs by this Sunday, but it's not looking that way for this week. Hopefully, next week the losses will catch up with me.

I'm actually going to start focusing on some cardio through out the week in addition to my 3x a week personal training sessions. I'm only aiming for 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, and I think that is doable. I know working out with Stillman's should at least help the inches drop fast, even if it takes a few days for the scale to catch up.

I'm going to keep eating my cheese omelets in the morning as long as I'm working out. It's the one thing on this diet I love, even though I really shouldn't be having the cheese/butter. I figure as long as I'm working out, and keeping the rest of the day lean meats/carb free, I should be okay.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Good morning. Thought I should explain that I cannot be too chatty as a rule. My only access is my phone and one finger typing is not easy for me. However, I do read all your posts with interest and appreciation. I will say more when I go to the library computers.

I fell back on an old crutch this morning to get past the feeling of wanting something else after breakfast. L-glutamine is a free form amino acid that makes the brain think it has had a carb boost. I open a capsule under the tongue and hold there until it disolves The effect is almost immediate and helps a lot with cravings. It is pretty cheap.

Day two in progress. Hope you all have success.

AIM challenge
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Went home from work yesterday and took a two hour nap... I had a stomach ache too. I'm feeling better today. With a 2 1/2# weight loss, I guess I should take a nap every day! The first few days of the diet I'm always extra tired. It should go better in the next couple days.

I bought some shrimp to have tonight. It's a nice change from my hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, and cottage cheese.

I'm not doing any extra exercise right now, just walking every day. I'll see how I feel next week and I'd like to swim at the gym... it works all muscles.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
foxy, sorry you are feeling poorly.

I feel like crap this sinus infection is still knocking me on my azz.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ninja Barbie
Stats: 152.8/152.8/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: July 20 '14
cici: Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling from using my phone and the libraries, ha! What a pain in my fat rear. My computer decided to go into a coma and after multiple attempts to resuscitate it I'm now contemplating whether to continue with life support or pull the plug. Literally, lol.

Ok, everyone..I think I may need to take a break from using ground turkey (I've been buying the 4-pack from Costco). Although it's labeled as "93% lean" (or something like that) I've been thinking that it still may not be the best choice to get this fat to take a hike. I've always just cooked it in a pan with spices (yeah, very exciting stuff, I know). But once it's been in the fridge, a layer of fat has coagulated within the bottom layer. It's gross and I end up throwing it out at that point. I mean, SEEING the fat strikes me as a no-no.

So, I guess my choices become even more thrilling with only chicken, eggs, & the occasional fish. I'm going to try turkey breasts and see how that goes.
There's no way I'm touching dairy; if I even give it a contemplative look at the store it suddenly seems to magically appear on my thighs.

I went to Sports Authority yesterday and had them test a scale with a dumbbell before I purchased it (I usually do this on my own in other stores, but the guy helping me insisted on doing it..what a gentleman!). It weighed perfectly. At the store.
At home was a different story. Like usual, that thing gave me 10 different readings just from getting on and off in succession. I think I'm doomed to be without an accurate one. Boo.

Well, I hope you all had a great day and had no trouble with temptation and cheating. I keep one of my favorite (tiny) outfits hanging on my bedroom door so I can stare at it as a goal. Although I've got to change it out every few days or else I'll get used to seeing the same thing and start ignoring it like it's become a fixture!

Ok, enough blabbing. Have a wonderful night everybody!
Ninja Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning.

Yesterday was definately harder and not as clean as day one. I cheated with a bowl of no-oodles and chicken plus parm. The meal had four grams fat and five carbs but really was worth it. Am down four pounds, which is encouraging.

Day three - ready, set, GO!

NB, re the scales, sounds like your floor isn't quite level. If it varies by just a few ounces, suggest rounding off and just going by whole numbers. You will still know which direction you are going. My scales only give whole numbers and I can change the number by rocking in one direction or another but I still know whether I am going up or down and within a pound of what I actually weigh.

Last edited by cici52; 12-06-2013 at 03:38 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I am FINALLY in the 170's!! I weighed in this morning at 179.8lbs! That makes my official losses for this week at 2.2lbs. Def slower than I anticipated, but I think there are a few tweaks I can make to make it move faster. I really don't think I ate that much yesterday, so I'm thinking if I should still keep an eye on calories.

Today, looks like mostly eggs/chicken. I already started the day with my cheese omelet, yum! I have a personal training session today too, and my goal is to work out for 30 minutes of cardio. I ended up doing an hour yesterday since it was such a nice day outside.

Off to work on homework. I have three assignments due tomorrow, and I haven't started any! Ugh. I'm terrible with procrastinating when it comes to college work. On top of that, I have three due by next Saturday.. and I'm already overdue on three assignments that I have to catch up on. Luckily, I can actually be late on them and it won't hurt me.

Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't been able to reply to many due to my schedule atm.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Friends,
I have a ton of egg whites. What would you do with them to make them tasty? Any ideas?

Thanks
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I was made this way: How do you make your omelet every day??? Congrats on reaching the 170s! That is awesome!!!!

CiCi52: Great job with four pounds down! Keep up the good work! Sorry about your computer giving you grief and being on life support....

No weight loss today, but I snuck a measure on my waist and I'm down ONE INCH! Makes me feel so much better when the scale doesn't budge.

I'm on the cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken for lunch today. Didn't eat until lunch today. For dinner I have some Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey that I thought I'd make into "mini" meatloaves and stick them in the oven. Ooooo... I could put a surprise piece of string cheese or the other lowfat cheese from Sargentos in the middle...

I have a lot more energy today, but my back is out of whack. I need to call the chiro and see when I can get in for a fix.

They just announced at work we're doing a pizza luncheon/Holiday party in a couple weeks. GRRRRRRR. I wanted to make it clean til Christmas, but I don't know if I can make it through that luncheon/meeting with pizza staring at me. I'll see how much weight I've lost by then. If things are going well, I might be able to take something with me... If things are stalled and going downhill... that might be the end of Stillman's til after the New Year.

Toodles!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

i've mainly been eating chicken breast at breakfast lunch dinner and inbetween this week. very little eggs and 2 oz jarlsberg lite cheese every morning as a snack. I feel really great today and I am at my goal, no more weight loss or I will be too skinny. Now, to work on continuing stillmans without losing and without gaining. Tom even arrived and I don't have weigh gain - almost too good to be true. my little dogs are getting lots of chicken treats this week, too, so they are delighted with stillmans!!

Eggs whites: maybe melt some low fat cheese in your eggs? also: experiement with different spices. I love hot, so sometimes i add cayenne pepper to my eggs and chicken. You could also do some kind of an egg white bake with chicken or turkey. Add a little low fat cheese, too. I see a lot of body builders doing the low fat keto diet, so they include a lot of eggs in their eating plan and I see them mention tabasco sauce on their chicken and egg white dishes.

Foxy lady: down one inch! that is awesome. I think that's what counts.!

Last edited by Shreem; 12-07-2013 at 04:19 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I will be eating more M/E today since I'm having breakfast at my cousins this morning. She's making bacon, sausages, and omelets! Yummy! So, back to Stillman's tomorrow, and will be pounding it harder for the start of next week. I'm going to aim to cut out my cheese omelet for a few days.

I had an off plan meal last night for dinner, and I'm back on plan today. For me, it's only realistic for me to have an off plan meal every few weeks because no one is going to be perfect eating LC their whole life. I've been craving pizza horribly all week, so I ordered some pizza. I had four slices, and that was it. Now, I'm downing some tea for the bloat, and will be at the gym later this afternoon with the goal of an hour of cardio.

I'm really surprised I don't feel crappy, over bloated, or even craving. But, yesterday was day 21 on plan, so I've been in ketosis/on plan the longest ever, AND it was an off plan meal.. not an off plan DAY. I think that makes the biggest difference. I know from the past that an occasional off plan meal means that I will weigh lower within a week, so here goes nothing.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

made this way: totally agree with what you are saying. Just be sure to get right back onto plan. all the eating correctly allowed your body to deal with the pizza in a descent way. It is when we start eating that way everyday again, that we mess the metabolism up.

i was doing really well through the summer, then started overdoing yogurt every single day for weeks. i was great at first, flat stomach, fast running metabolism and then it stopped. took me quite a while to get my body running correctly. So off plan is fine, just not several days or weeks in a row.

I remember CC saying one time that the longer we feed our bodies the protein, the better it works and over time we actually start fixing what we broke from all the sugar and bad foods we kept adding into our diet, whether we were overweight or not - the body isn't healthy and at it's best if we are living on carbs (my opinion, not an expert). This was mentioned to me when I was at a point trying to go back and experiment with being a vegetarian/vegan. Sounds in theory like such a nice way, but i end up with bad health every time I revert. I'm a big animal lover, so every now and then I get that inkling to go vegan, for the love of animals, but I experience poor health after eating that way for too long.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Shreem, congrats on reaching goal!

I am happy the scales continue downward. Feeling good. Cravings are very mild. Where I have cheated, it has been with a bit of cheese not on the allowed list. Last night I wanted something crunchy so nuked some lowfat mozz from the freezer and ate it like a cracker. This did thw trick in a controlled way. I sprinkled some italian spices into it for a pizza flavor.

Any ideas for a legal crunch? Imay try making merangues. Not sure I spelled that right but you know what I mean. Baked whipped egg whites with a little ceam of tarter. Seems like they could be sweet or savory. Have not done this before so it will be experimental.

Day four begins, 215, down six pounds

Last edited by cici52; 12-07-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

thanks, cici! So good to hear from you today and that your scales are going down. 6 pounds in 4 days is just incredible! You must feel great.

not sure on the crunch.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

crunch=pork rinds.

Foxy, pizza is easy, you eat the topping only. Why? You are gluten intolerant now.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
CC, my husband adores pork rinds. I hate them.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

here's a link to the original oopsie roll using cottage cheese:

The "Original" Ooopsie Roll a/k/a Diet Revolution Rolls

(i haven't tried, but know lots like them)
Old 12-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Oooo, thanks for the reminder about pork rinds. I have enjoyed them before. For some reason think they may be high fat but will look at them when I shop.

Also thanks for the link.

Last edited by cici52; 12-07-2013 at 04:20 PM..
Old 12-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Not weighing for a few days until the salt/"gain" comes off. I don't feel bloated, but I feel backed up from my off plan meal. I will def have some senna tea tonight!

I bought a couple packs of chicken last night for the week. My goal for today-Thursday is to eat strictly Stillman's. I have a physical training test on Friday (I'm in the Reserves) so I'll probably eat more fat/calories that day. I don't think I'll pass it this time, but luckily it's just to see where I'm at.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

good idea to not weigh for the psychological reasons. that scale can be tough to face sometimes and then sometimes it backfires on us if we get too upset by seeing it go up instead of down-even if it is water weight - it is just hard to see the scale go up.

chicken is working so well for me this week. I really didn't do eggs this past week and it was nice to take a break from them. Still have plenty in the fridge, but just grilling away on the costco chicken breast. 99% fat free-which I like. plenty of liquids, too.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nothing to eat! I have three pounds of ground turkey in the fridge, meh. Off to boil up some eggs!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

CC, I identify with the feeling . I am pretty bored with the choices and the only thing I repeat daily is eggs for breakfast. I had pork loin for lunch today and just finished snacking on a tin of sardines. Added some hot mustard and it was better than expected. Bonus joy, the bones are crunchy.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I took a few chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot. They're almost done. I might try grinding 8oz worth up with some egg beaters and hot sauce, and frying it on the stove (minus oil, of course!) I wonder how that would taste, hmm!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

i'm dipping my chicken breast in hellman lowfat mayo (1 gram fat, 2 carbs per Tablespoon) Didn't stall me with the carbs, just a little dip can go a long way.

baking the chicken breast in their own juices is good. Nice and moist. I eat mine right out of the pan, because hot fresh cooked chicken tastes so yummy. Foreman's grill is fast and super delicious too. if it's cold from the fridge, i dip it in brown spicey mustard.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

crockpot is a great idea!! must be smelling so yummy by now.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I put some Frank's hotwing sauce on my grilled chicken last week. Very yummy. I'm thinking of going without my cottage cheese for a few days.... wondering if I have an allergy to some of the dairy in it.... might shed pounds faster without it? I really should try just eggs for a day. It works wonders on the HcG so why not on Stillman's?

Tomorrow is the end of Week 1 for me. I measured today and hips are down 2".... pretty amazing for one week! I'll check the rest tomorrow.

I'm nursing a bad back right now and taking pain medication. I know that can have an adverse effect on weight loss.... so I'm not as obsessed with that at the moment as the inches.

I had a sirloin patty for lunch with a bit of mustard and ketchup, a few bites of cottage cheese, and I have hard boiled eggs starting at me... they are going back in the frig. until later in the afternoon when I feel "hungry".
Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larcana
I think the cottage cheese slows me down as well. I'm sticking with meat and eggs for now.
Larcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy.

Today - Day six.

In spite of almost daily cheats with some kind of cheese, the scales are diving. Today's weight 213 (down 8). I plugged in my food and was a bit alarmed at how low the calories were so I added a chi ken tender in a low carb tortilla to lunch though I was not hungry. I have never lost weibht this fast and was a little panicked. So now I am trying to calm down and get on plan. How are you managing to get enough calories to prevent metabolic slowimg?