Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hi all,
I am doing a Stillman's type of eats right now. Love reading your posts.

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 11/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hi all,
I am doing a Stillman's type of eats right now. Love reading your posts.

Welcome to the group!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

OK so I bought some ground turkey/chicken and chicken cutlets. Going to work on lowering my fat even lower the next few days than the 40-55 grams of fat I've been eating so far.

The meatloaf is in the oven. Yum!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
Brought lots of food with me to work today. I know I'll never eat it all... lowfat cottage cheese, a couple hunks of left over turkey, minus skin, a couple hard boiled eggs, and a container of lean beef roast that I cooked overnight in the crockpot. I think it's in my head that I'll starve, but I'm not hungry at all.

I need to work on drinking my water. During the summer I don't have a problem, but when it's cool outside, I don't get the thirst like I do in summer.

Weighed and measured today. NOT happy. 40" waist again. I am up and down, up and down, I am such a YO YO. Just like my weight. Up and down, up and down... I feel like a teeter totter. I have got to break this cycle and only go down, down, down.

I have dieted almost my entire life... any ideas how to break this YO YO cycle once and for all?

I'm pretty good at losing weight. I've lost THOUSANDS of pounds over my lifetime. It's the "keeping it off" that I can't seem to get the hang of so that's why I'm a yo yo.

Congrats to those of you making great progress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be feeling good about my progress soon too.

Foxy
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

I had chips on my mind not too long ago, and couldn't really think why that could be since I haven't really wanted to go off plan. I realized, it really wasn't the chips I was craving, but the saltiness. So, I grabbed a big piece of cheese and a couple slices of salami. Craving gone.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Everyone ,Madethisway and Shreem on the weight loss. I staying on Stillmans till the 19th, to lose another 12.1 lbs by than to reach my 30 lb goal in 42 days. Something i noticed will Stillmans is even when you stall your clothes keeps getting looser .
Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
love the hard core abs and the new baby photo! Welcome Stevie. On yo yoing - I think the only way to fix this is the real way and by that I mean to resolve within yourself that you are (for some reason) unwilling to allow yourself to remain thin. To realize that you continue to punish yourself by gaining the weight back, and then decide that you will live moment by moment and make the right food choices at each point & stop punishing yourself and let yourself be skinny!. Once you loose your weight, fight with everything you have to keep it there for one year.

Then that weight kind of gets locked in and is now your new set point and your new norm. Sign up a close friend as a buddy when you get down to your goal weight and make a pact to call everytime you are tempted to hurt yourself by over eating or just letting things slide. I know it sounds pretty hardcore, but i consider my eating issues to be similar to AA or OA. A compulsive issue within myself that I will always have to work on and stay "sober" in life and sober with my eating. But - it feels really good after a while to be sober with your eating. Stillmans's helps me with this so much!

Made this way: Awesome job and choices you made with that diet coke and all the others your mentioned!! Just leave his lifestyle and move on with your amazing new life of health. It will keep getting better and better.

Wisteria! Awesome job on your weight loss and future weight loss. Keep posting good news. So excited for you.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

just read chapters six/seven in stillmans. it actually addresses the issues of gaining the weight back or not after losing. talks about, always staying within 3 pounds of your goal weight. once you hit the 3 pound mark, you immediately start back on the QWL diet until those three pounds come off. worth checking out all his suggestions to keep you skinny after you worked so hard to get it off!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ninja Barbie
Stats: 158.4/156.6/120 5'7"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Dec 15, '14
Hey everyone,

So I'm really upset with myself because I was on Stillman's up until last week and because I wasn't seeing super fast results I decided to go on the hcg diet through my doctor. I took the rx injections for only 5 days but then stopped it because of some side effects I started having (btw, I've been on it before).

So, now I'm in a worse position:
I'm more overweight than before I even started Stillman's and to make things worse, my BF flies in to see me on the 20th. He has never seen me overweight before and I'm about 30 pounds heavier than usual.
The reason I first started the QWL was to try to get this fat off before he arrived, but now I just want to cry because I'm so stressed out over how much I need to lose, knowing it's impossible in just 16 days.
And I know by jumping back on Still's I won't be able to lose all I need in just over 2 weeks.

I don't mean to be a baby and I know I've done this to myself, but can anyone at all give me some advice or words of wisdom?

I do want to add that when I was eating per Still's I never had the loss of hunger everyone describes. I ate throughout the day and only when hungry, but it was always more than the tiny amounts everyone else posts.
I also made sure to drink a ton of water..

Again, if there's someone who can tell me anything useful, then please do so because I'm an absolute crying mess right now..

Thanks
Ninja Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsJ
Stats: 186/ 5ft6
WOE: Stillmans
Ladies,

I need help also... This is my 2nd day and my head has not stopped hurting. I do suffer from migraines normally, but is this a result of the high protein, low carb/low fat and my body will adjust eventually? I have drank about 80oz of water today...and my weight went up 1 lb, not exactly the direction I was hoping for..Any advice?
MrsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ View Post
Ladies,

I need help also... This is my 2nd day and my head has not stopped hurting. I do suffer from migraines normally, but is this a result of the high protein, low carb/low fat and my body will adjust eventually? I have drank about 80oz of water today...and my weight went up 1 lb, not exactly the direction I was hoping for..Any advice?
The headache is the carb/sugar withdrawal. The weight will disappear. Give it time. Three to five days is the norm before it starts working.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ View Post
Ladies,

Just curious..what did your menu look like yesterday? Also, are you taking any type of medication? Did you exercise at all? What about potty issues (if any)?

These are things I go over with myself then attempt to put the puzzle together.

I hope you can figure it out, though!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Ninja, I don't have any advice other than all you can do is your best. I imagine he doesn't give a damn about your weight.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Hey Pawp,

I noticed your join date and was curious if you've done only Stillman's since September and, if so, how well you've done during these past 2 months?

Also wondering if you tend to stick with the same menu items and just rotate?

Thanks so much!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I started Stillman's 9/30 and have lost over 22 pounds. My husband has lost over 27 pounds in the same time. I had a really long plateau though. Plus it took me a week or two to figure out what was really allowed and what wasn't. My menu consists of mainly eggs, chicken, tilapia/pollock/flounder, and "clean" deli meat with lean hamburger and a lean steak once a week. Maybe once a month we eat out and do an Atkins type meal. I hate tuna and hate cottage cheese so those aren't good for me.

I have a lot of weight to lose too. That might make a difference. I don't know.

Side note: Maui is the most wonderful place I have ever been. We stayed in Kihei but explored the island for ten days. The people were great - even the homeless were really nice to us. I literally dream about going back.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Shreem and Wisteria.

Yes, I am my own worst enemy. I sabotage myself. Maybe I'm afraid of the confidence I will gain in myself by remaining at goal weight, or how good I will look in those new smaller clothes. You are correct about the 3 pound gain. It's only 2 pounds with HcG. One of my problems is getting myself to go back on that scale once I've lost a bunch of weight so I can heed the warning pounds and do something about it immediately. GRRRRRR. I guess I am a glutton for punishment! I believe this is my "thorn in my flesh" throughout my life.

I need to be accountable. I think if I had to "pay" someone every time I go over those warning pounds, maybe I would quit doing that to myself. I'll have to see if I can team up with one of my friends who will agree to "call my bluff".

I just keep coming back... that's one of the good things. I haven't thrown in the towel and just let myself go completely out of whack. I know I can be an "overcomer" and successful at this endeavor, just as I have been an "overcomer" in so many other areas of my life.

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ninja: if you and your bf like who each other are, love being together & have lots of fun - then weight is not such a big deal. Just resolve to start losing the weight today. By the end of Dec. you could easily be 1/2 way there and you will probably not do this to yourself ever again. You might tell him now that you gained weight and you are nervous to have him see you like this. See what he says - maybe he will be helpful. You will feel less anxiety about him coming and then it will be easier to get into shape.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

foxy lady: i think you are going to get it this time and keep it off. Lucky that you are so good at losing though! That must mean you have a pretty healthy body and no major physical issues that would keep you from losing. glad to have you here! Keep posting.

Pawp: you and your husband have done so well!! keep it up. Love your posts. Also love you dog photo. so sweet.

Mrs J: i agree with pawp that it's probably a withdraw headache, but there is one other kind that I in particular seem to get when I go too low on carbs for too long. That sounds impossible, but many time I have done and egg only several day stretch, which is almost zero carbs. I will start to gradually get a nagging headache at the bottom of my head and it gets worse and worse that longer i eat that way. After several days of that headache, i usually have some yogurt (which has carbs, but still protein) and i find it starts to subside. so for me, it's more the right level of carbs, rather than going super low or no carbs. Thought I would mention that because I also have a history of migraines from my high school days. i learned to manage them through eating more protein based diet, exercise, yoga and bio feedback - so i rarely get one these days, but too low or zero carbs for too long - triggers headaches for me.

I know that most people here count the carbs, but i was told by an old timer, that stillmans is actually more of a high protein, low calorie diet - and not focused on carb count near as much as atkins does. It's described as an extreme keto diet.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hi, Stillman followers. I was reading Dukan and preparing to start the ten day induction. It looks like Stillmans matches the Dukan induction phase so thought I would post here for support. It was good to read some of your struggles and successes so I won't be surprised. I suspect I will miss fat more than carbs. At the end of ten days I will evaluate whether to continue with Stillmans or shift to pase two of Dukan.

Today is day one. Weigh in 221.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

sounds like an awesome plan, cici! so nice to have you with us.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Well, my salami/cheese snack has me up in weight this morning. I had a feeling it would from the saltiness I was craving. Oh well!

OK so today I am starting to lean out my meals a bit. Looks like today comes down to 800 calories, 1 carb, 22 fat, and 146 protein. I made two scrambled eggs in 1 slice of cheese. For lunch/dinner, I'm making a meat loaf with extra lean ground turkey. If I'm hungry later, I'll scramble up two eggs or egg beaters.

Today is a personal training day, however, I'm trying to keep it in my mind to not weigh until next Monday so I don't let the scale discourage me. I already know that my weight fluctuates like crazy with salt, working out, as well as even drinking water. But, I need to keep drinking water so I can flush out all the protein.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #52
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I do a 'Stillman-type' low carbing simply because I function best with limited fat. I've reached goal and been maintaining for over two years with this WOE.

I usually will have a higher fat day once a week, but I stay consistently low-carb, low-fat the other 6 days.

For me, calorie restriction is critical (I'm 72 and hypothyroid), and I also don't tolerate fat very well. I've read that it's common for 'older' women to have more difficulty with fat. A Stillman approach enables me to keep my calories within range while still eating to satisfaction.

I am very carb sensitive (which is how I remained morbidly obese most of my life from early childhood), so increasing carbs is out of the question. I typically stay about 10g--25g is my absolute limit.

There's so much these days about the 'importance' of fat for low-carb eating, but I'm an example of the fallacy of that belief as universal for everyone.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larcana
Good Morning! Glad to see so many doing this WOE. I too, have difficulty with fat digestion. It gives me heartburn. So, this way I do best. I usually have a low carb day once a week, too. But now I'm concentrating on fat loss and need to be strictly on the diet.
Larcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I finally found the best pot for boiling eggs. It holds eight eggs perfectly. I turn the timer on and they come out perfect every single time! So eggs for breakfast and snacks today. I grilled chicken last night so probably that for lunch and dinner.

As for counting calories, carbs, fat, etc., I like to log my foods just to see where I am. That sometimes helps me see things in a clearer light. I actually am just doing as Dr. S says and eating until I am content. The truth is I have "head hunger" way more than real hunger. So I sort of force myself to eat something every three hours. That seems to be working well.

I hope you all have a good day!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Shreem, Yes I am blessed with pretty good health so far. I had a cancer scare this past summer, but it turned out negative. Thank you Lord!

CiCi52, glad you can join us. Dukan is something I have not read about and I have read many diet books. I could probably have a yard sale with just "Diet" books and materials..... LOL

I need to boil more eggs when I get home from work. I still have some cottage cheese for lunch, I am enjoying Shamrock Farms brand right now, and we grilled boneless skinless chicken last night so I have some of that on hand today.

I may get some Egg Beaters because it's a nice change of pace on Stillman's.

I did really well with my water yesterday and tossed 3 pounds away! I've also lost 1/2" in all areas. That's the last of the measuring for about a week at least.

Have a super successful Wednesday, everyone!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't have hard salami at times. I love it but I was craving today like crazy! I talked myself out of a possible cheat, and now I'm sitting here eating ground turkey meat balls.

Just a tip... bowl water with garlic powder and chicken seasoning and brown/cook the meat balls in that. Tastes delicious!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Hi again,

Today is day 1 of my re-start. I have been dealing with binging issues and gained a bit over the thanksgiving holiday. I tried a few other plans but the cravings are still there and I just end up binging. I know that stillmans will kill my cravings, so I am back for now. I want to lose a bit of weight by christmas, but to be honest, I am not weighing at the moment. I don't want the number on the scale to mess with my head as I need to focus on not binging. If I can make it through the first few days, I will be OK. The first few days are the hardest!

I had eggs & laughing cow for breakfast, will have ground turkey for dinner.

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Barbie View Post
Hey everyone,

So I'm really upset with myself because I was on Stillman's up until last week and because I wasn't seeing super fast results I decided to go on the hcg diet through my doctor. I took the rx injections for only 5 days but then stopped it because of some side effects I started having (btw, I've been on it before).

So, now I'm in a worse position:
I'm more overweight than before I even started Stillman's and to make things worse, my BF flies in to see me on the 20th. He has never seen me overweight before and I'm about 30 pounds heavier than usual.
The reason I first started the QWL was to try to get this fat off before he arrived, but now I just want to cry because I'm so stressed out over how much I need to lose, knowing it's impossible in just 16 days.
And I know by jumping back on Still's I won't be able to lose all I need in just over 2 weeks.

I don't mean to be a baby and I know I've done this to myself, but can anyone at all give me some advice or words of wisdom?

I do want to add that when I was eating per Still's I never had the loss of hunger everyone describes. I ate throughout the day and only when hungry, but it was always more than the tiny amounts everyone else posts.
I also made sure to drink a ton of water..

Again, if there's someone who can tell me anything useful, then please do so because I'm an absolute crying mess right now..

Thanks
What were you eating from the allowed foods list? I know that personally I do best on only a few foods and the weight comes off quickly and the cravings and hunger all disappear. It could be that you were eating a food that sets off hunger in you?
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsJ
Stats: 186/ 5ft6
WOE: Stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
foxy lady: i think you are going to get it this time and keep it off. Lucky that you are so good at losing though! That must mean you have a pretty healthy body and no major physical issues that would keep you from losing. glad to have you here! Keep posting.

Pawp: you and your husband have done so well!! keep it up. Love your posts. Also love you dog photo. so sweet.

Mrs J: i agree with pawp that it's probably a withdraw headache, but there is one other kind that I in particular seem to get when I go too low on carbs for too long. That sounds impossible, but many time I have done and egg only several day stretch, which is almost zero carbs. I will start to gradually get a nagging headache at the bottom of my head and it gets worse and worse that longer i eat that way. After several days of that headache, i usually have some yogurt (which has carbs, but still protein) and i find it starts to subside. so for me, it's more the right level of carbs, rather than going super low or no carbs. Thought I would mention that because I also have a history of migraines from my high school days. i learned to manage them through eating more protein based diet, exercise, yoga and bio feedback - so i rarely get one these days, but too low or zero carbs for too long - triggers headaches for me.

I know that most people here count the carbs, but i was told by an old timer, that stillmans is actually more of a high protein, low calorie diet - and not focused on carb count near as much as atkins does. It's described as an extreme keto diet.
Thanks ladies,

Wow, okay..well the headache is gone today...don't know if I'm adjusting as Pawp11 suggested or I need to monitor how low I go on carbs as Shreem mentioned. I will have to keep track and monitor my intakes..
I haven't gotten on the scale since I went up a 1lb I don't want to be disappointed again so I will try to wait till Friday or Saturday.

Can't Stop.. Wont Stop! lol
MrsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
6 one egg plus egg whites, black coffee
9 turkey soup
12 turkey soup, laughing cow lite wedge.
3 chuck steak, diet soda
6 imitation crab legs, diet soda
multivitamin
one quart water

It really helped to have some broth with turkey on the back burner.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote