Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
one more good find!:
Researchers now know that weight loss associated with coconut oil is related to the length of the fatty acid chains contained in coconut oil. Coconut oil contains what are called medium chain fatty acids, or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs for short). These medium chain fatty acids are different from the common longer chain fatty acids found in other plant-based oils. Most vegetable oils are composed of longer chain fatty acids, or triglycerides (LCTs). LCTs are typically stored in the body as fat, while MCTs are burned for energy. MCTs burn up quickly in the body.

Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of MCTs that increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss. MCTs promote what is called thermogenesis. Thermogenesis increases the body’s metabolism, producing energy. Researchers in Japan have found that when you consume a food rich in MCTs such as coconut oil, the MCTs are absorbed and transported directly into the liver via the portal vein. They are metabolized rapidly by beta-oxidation, and they increase diet-induced thermogenesis.8 People in the animal feed business have known this truth for quite some time. If you feed animals vegetable oils, they put on weight and produce more fatty meat. If you feed them coconut oil, they will be very lean.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Down a lb today. Decided that I need to work on getting the fake sugars out of my life. They may have been what was contributing to the last stall. I had lost fine up till that point with them but they are so bad for ya anyways decided to kick them and see what happens. First to go was the toranis in the coffee. I am surviving so far and so is everyone around me. Usually have 1 sugar free chocolate in the evening and that went 2 days ago too. Cant promise to not have any but My efforts will be on seriously reducing the amount at this point. Still doing the inches off for the most part. Fruit and veg all day then a small protein with veg for dinner. I have to add that protein or am just starving by dinner time and will be tempted to destroy everything in the kitchen. Its workin so I will keep with it for a while.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.4/130
WOE: M/E
Anyone have any recipes with lean ground beef? I just bought the 90% lean, but I'm not liking the results when I add some butter, nusalt, a little cheese, and cayenne. It's seriously lacking some flavor!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Back on stillmans

everyone hope you don't mind if i join in this month,this is day 10 for me on stillmans and i'm down 13 lbs.My goal is to stick to stillmans till December 19th that's when my guests arrive for the holidays goal weight is 30 lbs loss in 6 weeks.
Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

i put brown gulden's mustard on my burgers. Plain-nothing fancy, but so delicious.

welcome wisteria!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Doesn't stevia have tons of carbs?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

forgot to say "way to go" wisteria on your weight loss! congratulations.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Shreem,this is my second time doing Stillmans,i have a lot more energy than usual and i'm almost never hungry
Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bebe
Start Date: 6 November 2013
Saying goodbye to cheese worked, 4 lbs down!😋
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

bebe, awesome weight loss!! i have heard that cheese will stall some people.

wisteria: more energy is so good. and i love how the cravings and hunger are so reduced.

CC: this is what i found on stevia:
[I]Packets -- <1g
Spoonable -- <1g
Tablet -- <1g
Extract Powder -- 0g
Liquid -- 0g
There are many different fillers used.... some Stevias use Maltodextrin. (Maltodextrin is derived from corn and has a glycemic index of 105. The starch is cooked, and then acid and/or enzymes are used to break the starch into smaller polymers).
Some use cellulose and/or FOS...which are plant fibers and can be subtracted. For example, Stevia+Fiber packets contain 50mg of Stevia and 950 mg of FOS. That means they are 0.95g of carbs...all from dietary fiber...which yields 0g net carbs (if you are counting net carbs)

Another common filler is Erythritol. It is a sugar alcohol with a glycemic index of ZERO.it is a SUGAR ALCOHOL.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

I ended up adding hot sauce in the ground beef, and yummy! I might not even need to add the butter anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Doesn't stevia have tons of carbs?
I think the "fake" ones do. I buy the pure stevia and it has 0 carbs. It even states it causes 0 glycemic impact. I know the one brand, I forgot which one, has like 4 carbs in it but it isn't the pure kind. They add crap to it to make it taste better since stevia is bitter.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Day two, and feeling great! I did really good yesterday considering I am still having my heavy whipping cream, and 1 serving of cheese. Actually, I probably didn't even need the cheese now that I think about it, since it really didn't add any flavor to my meal! I def went to the bathroom a lot last night too.

Yesterday
B: 4oz chicken, 1/2 serving butter, 2tbsp HWC
S: two hard boiled eggs
L/D: less than a pound of 90% lean ground beef w/ 2tbsp butter, hot sauce, and nusalt.
Extras: Lots of tea, water, and half a can of diet soda.

I have no idea how many calories and such that is, but I am still not hungry this morning! I realized after adding the hot sauce into the ground beef that I probably didn't need the butter or the cheese, as it really didn't add the flavor I was looking for. But, hot sauce was enough flavor for it to taste good, so I will keep that in mind for the future.

I'm not entirely sure what I will be eating today. I have half been thinking of making a lean meatleaf with spices, mayo for moisture, and topping it with hot sauce for taste. Yum!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
everyone hope you don't mind if i join in this month,this is day 10 for me on stillmans and i'm down 13 lbs.My goal is to stick to stillmans till December 19th that's when my guests arrive for the holidays goal weight is 30 lbs loss in 6 weeks.
Awesome job! What do your menus look like? That's a great loss for 10 days!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

What i've been eating

Thanks,I've been eating small portions of lean meat about 3 times a day ,i use spices and small amount of sugar free ketchup maybe once a day,when i'm in a hurry i have whey protein the type i use has 2 carbs /25 gr protein.All the chicken has the skin removed and i cook all the meat on my George Foreman grill.I sip on lemon water though out the day.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Saying goodbye to cheese worked, 4 lbs down!��
Great Job ! on the 4 pounds lost!

Last edited by Wisteria; 11-17-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
one more good find!:
Researchers now know that weight loss associated with coconut oil is related to the length of the fatty acid chains contained in coconut oil. Coconut oil contains what are called medium chain fatty acids, or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs for short). These medium chain fatty acids are different from the common longer chain fatty acids found in other plant-based oils. Most vegetable oils are composed of longer chain fatty acids, or triglycerides (LCTs). LCTs are typically stored in the body as fat, while MCTs are burned for energy. MCTs burn up quickly in the body.

Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of MCTs that increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss. MCTs promote what is called thermogenesis. Thermogenesis increases the body’s metabolism, producing energy. Researchers in Japan have found that when you consume a food rich in MCTs such as coconut oil, the MCTs are absorbed and transported directly into the liver via the portal vein. They are metabolized rapidly by beta-oxidation, and they increase diet-induced thermogenesis.8 People in the animal feed business have known this truth for quite some time. If you feed animals vegetable oils, they put on weight and produce more fatty meat. If you feed them coconut oil, they will be very lean.
WOW! Thanks so much for this information! I like knowing why and how things work. This is great!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Anyone have any recipes with lean ground beef? I just bought the 90% lean, but I'm not liking the results when I add some butter, nusalt, a little cheese, and cayenne. It's seriously lacking some flavor!
I think if ur gonna add butter to the lean meat, u should just go for the 80/20 beef cuz it's so much tastier than lean beef. I know what ur saying!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Luckily, with the lean ground beef, hot sauce seems to be doing the trick. I did make a meat loaf today with lean ground beef, but I used mayo as the base for it with very little spices. It came out EXTREMELY moist, and tasted great! Again, I topped it with hot sauce. I think ground beef and hot sauce is becoming my new addiction!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Ugh weighed myself today,Saturday i weighted 185.0 today i'm up to 185.8,this is day 12 and with no cheating, anyone else experience this, could it be water retention.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nevart
WOE: Ketogenic Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Need some support.. mind if I jump in

Hi everyone! I am 47 years old and recovering from cancer.. in remission, YaY! During my illness I went from 74kg (163lbs) at 5' 11" tall to 123kg (270lbs.) How did that happen? Being in bed for 7 months and totally relied on family and friends to prepare meals etc .. also a bit of wallowing with ice cream, chips and lollies

Because of my illness I now have lymphedema in my left leg, it was about 4 times the normal size but with physio it is only about double.

All of my medical restrictions were removed 7 weeks ago and started a strict Ketogenic Diet and hit the gym. I go to the gym daily and do cardio every day and then rotate strength exercises every other day. 7 weeks ago I was 123 KG today I am 109kg. My doctor says I have another 10L of fluid on my leg at least to lose (1L fluid = 1kg)

It is really hard to judge my weight loss by the scale because of the lymphedema so I really go by measurements (hips, waist, bust)

Over the past week I have hit a plateau, weight loss as well as measurements have totally stalled. I found this site when reading about ways to kick start my weight loss again and after reading about the Stillman's diet and many of the posts here I have decided to give this a try.. 21 Day Quick Weight Loss.

I know that there is no easy fix and I need to put in the hard yards here but damn, I cried today because I couldn't find my tic tac's.. Yes, I am having a few emotional issues over stalling and feeling a bit helpless. I am not going to give up though. Fight, fight on, fight fight fight!

Well.. now that I have told you all my life story... haha. sorry.. Anyone have any sugestions and do you think that the Stillman's is a good way for me to try to bust out of this plateau?

Side Note: My doctor is fully aware of the decisions I am making to get this weight off and has given me the full approval for ketogenic diets. He just wants me to be fit and happy again and thinks this could be a good solution. I am just asking here for ideas as to what way to go now that I have stalled out on the normal ketosis diet with all the vegies.

Thank you all! Looking forward to any advice, support and friendships I might find here.
Peace & Love
Nev
Nevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Nevart nice to have you join us , there's a wonderful group of women here with Stillmans you typically lose 7+ lbs the first week and about 5lbs a week after, i lost 13 lbs in 8 days, my husband is also in remission and gained a lot of weight after treatment ,he gained 74lbs and is now following a low carb diet and losing weight.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

I am going to start it first thing in the morning! As for today I have been in step with my normal ketogenic diet but have been craving oranges... think I might have a cheat and pop a few Vitamin C and get in the fruits I have been wanting before I go into the Stillmans tomorrow morning. I don't expect to have the large first week weight loss with Stillmans as I have been in ketosis for 7 weeks but I will surely look forward to 2kg a week
Thank you for the warm welcome
XxNev
Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We;cpme, Nev, thanking the Lord for your recovery. A Kiwi! How exciting for us!

Thanks for the stevia info Shreem!

sigh...what to do with boneless chicken breast.....
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

nevart, so nice to have you and to hear your story!! You are amazing. thank you for sharing.

i think ketogenic eating is amazing! With stillmans, it might help your stall, as the fat levels are lower, so the calorie levels automatically get lower.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

It's 8am and I am awake and ready for my first Stillmans day. I just completed a grocery shop so I will have everything I need. I think I am going to prepare a weeks meals and put them in individual bags so I can freeze half and then put the rest in the fridge for a quick and easy grab. I got 4 tubs of cottage cheese because I love it! Going to boil 2 dozen eggs as well. I have an appointment with my trainer in a couple of hours and I am starting boxing today.. really looking forward to it! I was a bit dissapointed to step on the scale and see I was 111.0 KG from 109.6 but I am fairly certain it is fluid retention in my lymphedema leg.. will check my measurements and make sure. Ok everyone... wish me luck! 21 Days, here I come!
XxNev
Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finally, someone else who loves cottage cheese!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Wishing you tons and tons of good luck, Nev!!

And a 3rd cottage cheese lover here, too! (but i can't stop at one tub, so i pick a 1 ounce hard cheese instead. buy them one stick at a time to limit myself, or i will eat the whole package in a day.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't been able to eat any dairy since I got sick. Just going to have to wait it out.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

so dairy is making your sick? CC: do you have a sinus infection, or what is still keeping you down? Are you sticking stillmans or something else right now?

nevart: today is day two for you? how do you feel?
Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
My stall has apparently finally broke! I didn't want my misery to spread so I disappeared for a bit. But hopefully this is for real and I am BACK!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote