Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
glad you are starting to feel better CC. medications always cause me to retain water weight fast. well, i did a dumb thing, but my head is back on track. a friend of mine has unexpectedly been diagnose with cancer. he has a good prognosis, but having chem. i found a website and ketogenic diet paper that highly supports the fact that a keto eating plan during treatments can really help during treatments. i bought the keto paper to share, but read all through carefully first. it's a high fat keto diet. so, i tried it myself. very low carb, medium protein, and very high fat. i know that fat just does not work for me, but continue to every now and then revert to atkins and hence i always gain weight eating atkins, or i stall, or i just do not feel well. i have been at goal weight using stillmans for a long time now, but gained four tough pounds last month during tom and have almost lost the four pounds until this week, when i decided to try high fat keto. stalled me and actually put 2 pounds back on. i don't know why i keep thinking high fat keto diets will work for me, but i do. but today i was almost back on track with pure stillmans and the appetite supression kicked in this afternoon. the only wrong item i included today was the hellman light mayo. 3 grams of fat per tablespoon and i have 8 tablespoon with my 8 ounces of chicken today. i had an egg white and some soy protein (i know that's not great either), but the day still ended up low calories. tomorrow it will be only protein and no fat and i'm sure those two pounds will start to budge before long. i think mainly i was just really upset about my friends sickness and i was so hoping there could be some form of magical easy cure, but there is not. luckily we live in an area with some of the very best doctors in the world and they do believe in a complimentary low carb, keto diet during and after treatments. ok, i'm feeling better talking about it. will end today low calories and do an even better job tomorrow. thanks for the support everyone.


Yes I have read that ketosis starves cancer cells. I've actually seen a lot of cancer patients on the ketogenic diet part of low carb friends that post quite a bit. So if your friend wants support, I think that's a great place to start! Of coures, I'm no doctor, but that's just my two cents. It's worth what you paid for it LOL
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_intexas View Post
Hello all, I've been posting in the 21-day challenge thread, but thought I'd check this thread out cause I always love reading about all the successes and challenges.

I know on Stillman's fat is a no-no but as someone mentioned in a previous reply adding a little fat may help break a stall. When I did HCG, and would hit a stall, adding a TBS of organic coconut oil would get things moving on the scale and in the bathroom. I know there's an HCG room here and haven't doing any reading in there, but it may be worth it to do some checking into the stall breaking ideas.

I'm still in my first week of Stillman's and having good losses, so I'm still pretty much a newbie. But coconut oil is healthy and very tasty if you wanna give it a try. Hope you all had a great weekend an keep on losing!
Another thing that really helps me is flax seed. I just ground it up and mix it in something, or I make flax seed cheese "bread" which isn't stillman's legal (I don't think) but it's SO low in carbs and it gets things moving.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
for stalls, i think add a little fat or also take away a little fat works. sometimes a tablespoon of yogurt will help. i have to stay low in calories for a few conscutive days.

i believe that hormones are the deciding factor at different times during the month for when my body decides to eat a lot of food and not gain weight, then hardly eat anything and maintain, or even gain.

too much or too little of progesterone, estrogen, or cortisol will cause the body to gain weight. hormones being out of balance will cause weight gain. supposedly coconut oil helps regulate the thyroid-plus it does a lot of other really good.
things.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Warning, I am venting.

Whatever it is I am still up. I am 1.6 lbs up from last Monday. I mentioned before I log my food. I looked at my numbers and I have tried everything except a super, super low fat day. What do you all eat on a super low fat day? Just chicken and fish? I will try that tomorrow. I have too much work to do today and don't have any chicken cooked. Maybe I will throw some on the crockpot before work. I don't know, but it's frustrating. I will try the coconut oil with for dinner. It's one of my favorite things to eat anyway.

I am going to go off and beat my scale to death now. At least that will be burning calories, right?
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Cross posting from the challenge thread. I will do personals later when my family isn't wanting breakfast. lol

Today makes one week for me. I was up another .4. So a .8 gain from popcorn shenanigans. I was good yesterday tho, just had it the one night. All in all a pretty good week. The next week is going to be rough and not completely on plan. My daughters Birthday is on Wednesday and we are taking her to a restaurant of her choice. I am betting it will not be a Stillman friendly place. Saturday she is having a sleepover with pizza, cake, ice cream etc... I am planning to stay on plan that day. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Day 1 -224.8
Day 3 -220.2
Day 5 -218.0
Day 7 -217.8 Week one loss = 7.0 lbs
__________________
~Ashley

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 26
Gallery: g_intexas
Stats: 205.2/195/160
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Nov. 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Warning, I am venting.

Whatever it is I am still up. I am 1.6 lbs up from last Monday. I mentioned before I log my food. I looked at my numbers and I have tried everything except a super, super low fat day. What do you all eat on a super low fat day? Just chicken and fish? I will try that tomorrow. I have too much work to do today and don't have any chicken cooked. Maybe I will throw some on the crockpot before work. I don't know, but it's frustrating. I will try the coconut oil with for dinner. It's one of my favorite things to eat anyway.

I am going to go off and beat my scale to death now. At least that will be burning calories, right?
Ugh! I feel your pain! I would definitely give the coconut oil a try. I used to use it in my coffee, but make sure just a table spoon at a time, it is high in calories. Maybe your body is holding on to water cause of fat deprivation? Just a guess.

I will cross my finger that you start seeing losses again. It seem so unfair that you should diet so strictly and not see results, right? Best of luck to you pawp!
g_intexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
for stalls, i think add a little fat or also take away a little fat works. sometimes a tablespoon of yogurt will help. i have to stay low in calories for a few conscutive days.

i believe that hormones are the deciding factor at different times during the month for when my body decides to eat a lot of food and not gain weight, then hardly eat anything and maintain, or even gain.

too much or too little of progesterone, estrogen, or cortisol will cause the body to gain weight. hormones being out of balance will cause weight gain. supposedly coconut oil helps regulate the thyroid-plus it does a lot of other really good.
things.
yes I have hypothyroid. Stinks!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
QUESTION! Does anyone know how to keep chicken from drying out when reheated in the microwave by any chance?
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Warning, I am venting.

Whatever it is I am still up. I am 1.6 lbs up from last Monday. I mentioned before I log my food. I looked at my numbers and I have tried everything except a super, super low fat day. What do you all eat on a super low fat day? Just chicken and fish? I will try that tomorrow. I have too much work to do today and don't have any chicken cooked. Maybe I will throw some on the crockpot before work. I don't know, but it's frustrating. I will try the coconut oil with for dinner. It's one of my favorite things to eat anyway.

I am going to go off and beat my scale to death now. At least that will be burning calories, right?
Aw poor thing! Are u near TOM? Also maybe too much sodium? Don't give up, whatever u do! U can do this!!!!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
for stalls, i think add a little fat or also take away a little fat works. sometimes a tablespoon of yogurt will help. i have to stay low in calories for a few conscutive days.

i believe that hormones are the deciding factor at different times during the month for when my body decides to eat a lot of food and not gain weight, then hardly eat anything and maintain, or even gain.

too much or too little of progesterone, estrogen, or cortisol will cause the body to gain weight. hormones being out of balance will cause weight gain. supposedly coconut oil helps regulate the thyroid-plus it does a lot of other really good.
things.
the hardest part about coconut oil is getting it through my head that fat isn't bad. It's been drilled into my brain that fat is a terrible thing. So that's been the biggest challenge for me, personally.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Aw poor thing! Are u near TOM? Also maybe too much sodium? Don't give up, whatever u do! U can do this!!!!
I am mid cycle, so that's ovulation, right? I read that can cause it. I have only had one high sodium day and it was five days ago and it was only a little high. My average day is only 800-1200 sodium.

I really think it's the hormonal thing. I am going to do a high fat day today and a super low fat tomorrow and see if I can shake things up. Maybe I will have the big whoosh in a day or three and can quit whining and fussing! LOL
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am mid cycle, so that's ovulation, right? I read that can cause it. I have only had one high sodium day and it was five days ago and it was only a little high. My average day is only 800-1200 sodium.

I really think it's the hormonal thing. I am going to do a high fat day today and a super low fat tomorrow and see if I can shake things up. Maybe I will have the big whoosh in a day or three and can quit whining and fussing! LOL
Yes it could possibly be hormonal. Darn hormones! I think shaking it up is a great idea! Just whatever u do don't give up. I completely understand how u feel, though. But watch, I bet you're gonna whoosh soon! I find that when I stick to my diet when it's hardest, I end up whooshing soon after. I bet that will happen to you and then you can tell us all about it!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Pawp, when I was losing 40 lbs on Atkins I had the hardest days sometimes cuz of cravings and stuff. Also, I've heard that just seeing or smelling food can cause our insulin to spike. Weird, right? I think it was mentioned in the book called Why We Get Fat and What to do About it. I believe that's the name. I hear it's a great read. I need to pick it up because I've heard good things about it.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Also, Pawp, u aren't whining and fussing AT ALL! You're just expressing how you feel and that's perfectly fine and we can ALL relate! Thank you for being genuine. I think you're pretty awesome!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Yes it could possibly be hormonal. Darn hormones! I think shaking it up is a great idea! Just whatever u do don't give up. I completely understand how u feel, though. But watch, I bet you're gonna whoosh soon! I find that when I stick to my diet when it's hardest, I end up whooshing soon after. I bet that will happen to you and then you can tell us all about it!
I am sticking to it, and I seriously hope I get a rewarding whoosh. The DH lost three pounds this week. I flipped him off when told me this morning, somewhat jokingly. He quickly apologized and backed out of the room.

Thank you for understanding!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Another thing that really helps me is flax seed. I just ground it up and mix it in something, or I make flax seed cheese "bread" which isn't stillman's legal (I don't think) but it's SO low in carbs and it gets things moving.
O, that sounds divine! Recipe, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Warning, I am venting.

Whatever it is I am still up. I am 1.6 lbs up from last Monday. I mentioned before I log my food. I looked at my numbers and I have tried everything except a super, super low fat day. What do you all eat on a super low fat day? Just chicken and fish? I will try that tomorrow. I have too much work to do today and don't have any chicken cooked. Maybe I will throw some on the crockpot before work. I don't know, but it's frustrating. I will try the coconut oil with for dinner. It's one of my favorite things to eat anyway.

I am going to go off and beat my scale to death now. At least that will be burning calories, right?
yeppers, beat that sucka. Pawp, weighing every day can be counterproductive. Once a week maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
the hardest part about coconut oil is getting it through my head that fat isn't bad. It's been drilled into my brain that fat is a terrible thing. So that's been the biggest challenge for me, personally.
here, too. Now I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Also, Pawp, u aren't whining and fussing AT ALL! You're just expressing how you feel and that's perfectly fine and we can ALL relate! Thank you for being genuine. I think you're pretty awesome!
we all are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am sticking to it, and I seriously hope I get a rewarding whoosh. The DH lost three pounds this week. I flipped him off when told me this morning, somewhat jokingly. He quickly apologized and backed out of the room.

Thank you for understanding!
LOL I can so visualize that.....
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
pawp, when i go really low fat for a couple days, i do egg whites, costco chicken breast (which is 99 %% fat free on the labels) i do a couple soy mixtures during the day, which is fat free, low calorie and i mix with water and one splenda. i only eat about 2-3 tablespoons of that at a time, but cuts the hunger and for me the isolated soy protein burns fat and helps my hormones enormously. i really don't eat meals, but small protein snacks all day. maybe 1 stick of jarlsberg lite cheese. i might include just 1 tablespoon of hellmans light mayo, which is 3 grams of fat. this is a super low fat and low calorie day. i really have to go low low calories for several days in a row to get rid of hunger and to start moving the scale in the right way. usually around 650 tl 850 calories for several consecutive days will get me moving the scale in the right direction.

Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Pawp, ur hilarious! Hey don't feel bad because I actually gained three pounds. I haven't been following stillman's exactly tho. But for the most part I have been. I'm not even going to get on the scale for another week. Hey maybe u gained muscle? I know mine isn't muscle cuz my pants feel tighter.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
skittles, that is great you lost so much on atkins. i do think eating that way is so enjoyable. i keep coming back to hormones, because i don't eat the same all the time. i seem to switch around alot. atkins will work on certain days, stillmans restricted works best for the few days of the month with the water weight is starting to come on, but then my body gets back in balance and i can relax and not be so tight with my eating-and still lose weight. there have even been days when i eat much higher carb contents and still loose the next morning. that's why i think it's those hidden hormones affecting weight loss and gain--maybe more than the food i eat? I feel like with all these diets, we all keep trying to find the perfect yet elusive food combination that gets the weight off, but maybe we are chasing the wrong thing. I think maybe our hormones cause the weight gain/weight loss much more than the exact food combos. for sure low carbing really works the best for me, i would just like it to be more exact.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Or maybe it's food directing hormone response. Shreem, you could keep a journal to see if there's a pattern.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Well, whatever it is in my case I am back down to where I was last Monday! Yay! I am still doing the low, low day today just because that's what I planned. Thank you all for helping me through it!

Shreem, love the avi! Too cute.

Skittles, I know it wasn't muscle, unless it's leg muscles from walking to the bathroom. LMAO! I am in an in between size right now where the one size is considerably too big and the next one won't even button. Soon, though, right?

Thanks again everyone for keeping me sane. Hopefully tomorrow the losses begin again!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
QUESTION! Does anyone know how to keep chicken from drying out when reheated in the microwave by any chance?
I loved to nuke the crap out of my chicken so it would have crunchy bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am sticking to it, and I seriously hope I get a rewarding whoosh. The DH lost three pounds this week. I flipped him off when told me this morning, somewhat jokingly. He quickly apologized and backed out of the room.

Thank you for understanding!
LOL Sounds like me and my husband. I hate losing weight with him. I lose 7 pounds week one, he loses 15.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
My low fat day is going well. After my planned snack I will be at 11 fat and 2 carbs. That's pretty good, right? Other than that my day has been rather unproductive. I guess I will have to get up super early tomorrow. I am okay with that.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
thanks skittles for encouraing me about the ketogenic diet for cancer! I had no idea there were people on this site doing keto for that purpose. It makes so much sense. the paper is really specific. something it brings up is for patients to keep their protein levels at a minimum (meaning just the right amoutn to prevent muscle loss)-because protein can turn into glucose and act like carbs. pretty eye opening. a lecture i listened to said that over eating fat caused zero percent increase in cancer cells, over eating carbs causes cancer cells to escalate, and over eating protein in somewhere in the middle.

CC: good idea about food affecting hormones. i do keep a food log-but it's so hard to correlate food with weight gain or emotions, because sometimes things are delayed or just don't have a cause and effect action that is obvious.-i don't have a devices to measure the hormones levels right now, but i am going to read more on this and try to discover connections. i read that if your cortisol is too high-that obviously increases tummy fat, but it also says these people typically eat a lot at night.

thanks, pawp, on the avi compliment. i'm going to keep changing photos. Love dogs and love the dog photos!!! makes me happy. i have two that look very similar. some people think they are poodles, and others call them bichons. they are suppose to be poodles, but i think i need to have them DNA tested to confirm. they really start lookin bichonish in the winter months when i grow their hair out long.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
thanks skittles for encouraing me about the ketogenic diet for cancer! I had no idea there were people on this site doing keto for that purpose. It makes so much sense. the paper is really specific. something it brings up is for patients to keep their protein levels at a minimum (meaning just the right amoutn to prevent muscle loss)-because protein can turn into glucose and act like carbs. pretty eye opening. a lecture i listened to said that over eating fat caused zero percent increase in cancer cells, over eating carbs causes cancer cells to escalate, and over eating protein in somewhere in the middle.

CC: good idea about food affecting hormones. i do keep a food log-but it's so hard to correlate food with weight gain or emotions, because sometimes things are delayed or just don't have a cause and effect action that is obvious.-i don't have a devices to measure the hormones levels right now, but i am going to read more on this and try to discover connections. i read that if your cortisol is too high-that obviously increases tummy fat, but it also says these people typically eat a lot at night.

thanks, pawp, on the avi compliment. i'm going to keep changing photos. Love dogs and love the dog photos!!! makes me happy. i have two that look very similar. some people think they are poodles, and others call them bichons. they are suppose to be poodles, but i think i need to have them DNA tested to confirm. they really start lookin bichonish in the winter months when i grow their hair out long.

YES your fur babies are so cute! I'd snuggle them to pieces! It's a good thing I'm broke because TOM is near and I want to eat everything! I just don't have anything in uh house to eat that isn't stillman's legal so if I had the money id prob get peanut butter. Yum! Darn you, TOM!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
skittles1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 85
Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
My low fat day is going well. After my planned snack I will be at 11 fat and 2 carbs. That's pretty good, right? Other than that my day has been rather unproductive. I guess I will have to get up super early tomorrow. I am okay with that.
That's awesome! 11 fat and 2 carbs, heck yes! You go, girl! I need to write down my fat and carbs from now on.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
11 fat and 2 carbs is amazing!!! i record all my food. i customize my foods that I eat, so it's more accurate. that really helps me a lot. i also weigh my chicken, or i just keep eating more than i think-or sometimes less than i think.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
just listened to a 5 part series on dr. oz. he had natasha turner on, talking about eating to reset/rebalance your hormones. it was an amazing little series. i don't think i can provide the link on this website, but if you

google "Reset Your Hormones and Melt Your Fat Fast! Pt 1 Dr. Oz",

it will pull the series up. lots of the advise is similar to stillmans.

best way to balance hormones is with FOOD. natasha turner, md, the hormone diet.

eat 30 minutes after rising, then 3-4 hours everyday, eat at the same time everyday. keeps insulin lower. Eating low fat protein is anti inflammatory and decrease hunger signals in your brain.

cool down before sleeping-so do not eat close to bedtime. eating causes the body to heat up during sleep and you will not get the restful hormone healing sleep you need to keep your body in balance.

protein turns on nerve to tell you that you are full. protein foods lowest in fat are best, as they are anti-inflammatory.

hemps seeds were mentioned, cinnamon is good for better insulin balance!!
curry leaves are anti inflammatory, regulates insulin & provides estrogen detoxification, sleep with loose cool clothing to cool you down when you sleep, no heavy blankets,

He call artificial sweetners a fat loss foe: artificial sweetners. they raise insulin. increase appetite, cause cravings.

hormones mentioned:
thyroid
progesterone
cortisol
seratonin
melatonin
leptin
ghrelin
CCK
estogen

symptoms related to hormone imbalance: hair falling out, gas & indigestion,
stressed/tired, skipping meals & not eating at same times each day causes hormone imbalance, belly fat is a sign of imbalance.

She tried exercising more and eating less: which caused her to gain even another 5 pounds, because she was stressed and that raised her cortisol levels-which caused her body to store fat.

Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Oh, thanks for the tip on water retention while on meds, I've been bloated and gassy for weeks and couldn't figure out why.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Interesting, Shreem. Good morning, CC, skittles, Bratty, gintexas and anyone else who pops in. Where did Michelle disappear to? Did she try to do something different or go on vacation or something?

So what does Still's mention in the book for stalls? Today makes 10 days that I have either gained weight or not lost anything. I remember reading something about shaking it up, but I can't remember. Has anyone switched to his Inches Off thing and had success? I am frustrated. I am doing everything right and seeing no results. Tomorrow is shopping day so if I am going to do anything different, I need to decide today before I go to the store tomorrow. I will look up his info on stalls sometime today. For now, I best get to work.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.