Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow a cruise! How fun!

Post your menus Michelle so we can see what you're up to, please.

Pawp, boiling eggs that wikk peel is a crapshoot for me, too.

Made chicken stir fried with some green peppers. Meh, I still can't really taste. This sinus infection is NO fun 24/7. And my stomache continues to bother me, I'm back on the Tagamet for the nausea/pressure. It's like stomach flu.

......sigh.....sorry to be a poor little me azz lately........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
I have needed something different today. I made an awesome meatloaf.

A pound lean hamburger, two eggs (I did three because I noticed one was cracked), half a cup or so of reduced sugar ketchup, quarter cup plain mustard, salt, pepper, and onion powder to your liking, heavy teaspoon fresh garlic. Mix up, throw in a PAM sprayed pan. Bake at 350 until you think it's done. (I forgot to set the timer. LOL) Yields 4 servings. Each has less than 230 cals, 2 carbs, 11 fat. More than 25 protein. My numbers are a little wonky as I would only use two eggs next time and I am too lazy to figure out what that would be.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow a cruise! How fun!

Post your menus Michelle so we can see what you're up to, please.

Pawp, boiling eggs that wikk peel is a crapshoot for me, too.

Made chicken stir fried with some green peppers. Meh, I still can't really taste. This sinus infection is NO fun 24/7. And my stomache continues to bother me, I'm back on the Tagamet for the nausea/pressure. It's like stomach flu.

......sigh.....sorry to be a poor little me azz lately........
I hope you feel better soon. It seems like you have been fighting the sickies for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post

A pound lean hamburger, two eggs (I did three because I noticed one was cracked), half a cup or so of reduced sugar ketchup, quarter cup plain mustard, salt, pepper, and onion powder to your liking, heavy teaspoon fresh garlic. Mix up, throw in a PAM sprayed pan. Bake at 350 until you think it's done. (I forgot to set the timer. LOL) Yields 4 servings. Each has less than 230 cals, 2 carbs, 11 fat. More than 25 protein. My numbers are a little wonky as I would only use two eggs next time and I am too lazy to figure out what that would be.
That sounds really yummy. I may make it tomorrow.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Hot damn! I made a great haul at the grocery store! I was able to get 9 pounds of ground turkey for $1.30 a pound, as well as cheap chicken breasts. I bought a ton of eggs earlier this week and already have a bunch of fish in the freezer, canned tuna, and turkey bacon. I may not have to go to the grocery store for a few weeks! Woohoo!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm so making meat loaf tomorrow. Ty for the recipe! I'll have to tweak it a bit bc of my allergies, but it should turn out fine.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

My scale is not being nice. (Imagine a three year old stamping her feet!) I am pretty sure it is the lack of fiber. LOL (Finding euphemisms for going number two is getting difficult!) I took something to move things along. Hopefully that happens soon! I hope you all have an awesome day! I need to get some serious work done and have zero motivation.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
Hot damn! I made a great haul at the grocery store! I was able to get 9 pounds of ground turkey for $1.30 a pound, as well as cheap chicken breasts. I bought a ton of eggs earlier this week and already have a bunch of fish in the freezer, canned tuna, and turkey bacon. I may not have to go to the grocery store for a few weeks! Woohoo!
I am terrible. I do not know what I pay per pound. I just grab the package of ground turkey that has 4 packs together at Costco.

Quote:
My scale is not being nice. (Imagine a three year old stamping her feet!) I am pretty sure it is the lack of fiber. LOL (Finding euphemisms for going number two is getting difficult!) I took something to move things along. Hopefully that happens soon! I hope you all have an awesome day! I need to get some serious work done and have zero motivation.
Hope things get moving for you!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am terrible. I do not know what I pay per pound. I just grab the package of ground turkey that has 4 packs together at Costco.

:
I don't know how much cheaper Costco is... but here, ground turkey can be almost $5 a pound for the higher quality stuff. I ended my Costco membership because after paying the membership fee, I wasn't really getting a good deal overall.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Hope things get moving for you!
It did!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks guys. am now on Augmentin, the Cipro didn't work. Tummy is calming down. I made pasta fagioli, I haven't had beans in over three years. It was meh okay.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
glad you are starting to feel better CC. medications always cause me to retain water weight fast. well, i did a dumb thing, but my head is back on track. a friend of mine has unexpectedly been diagnose with cancer. he has a good prognosis, but having chem. i found a website and ketogenic diet paper that highly supports the fact that a keto eating plan during treatments can really help during treatments. i bought the keto paper to share, but read all through carefully first. it's a high fat keto diet. so, i tried it myself. very low carb, medium protein, and very high fat. i know that fat just does not work for me, but continue to every now and then revert to atkins and hence i always gain weight eating atkins, or i stall, or i just do not feel well. i have been at goal weight using stillmans for a long time now, but gained four tough pounds last month during tom and have almost lost the four pounds until this week, when i decided to try high fat keto. stalled me and actually put 2 pounds back on. i don't know why i keep thinking high fat keto diets will work for me, but i do. but today i was almost back on track with pure stillmans and the appetite supression kicked in this afternoon. the only wrong item i included today was the hellman light mayo. 3 grams of fat per tablespoon and i have 8 tablespoon with my 8 ounces of chicken today. i had an egg white and some soy protein (i know that's not great either), but the day still ended up low calories. tomorrow it will be only protein and no fat and i'm sure those two pounds will start to budge before long. i think mainly i was just really upset about my friends sickness and i was so hoping there could be some form of magical easy cure, but there is not. luckily we live in an area with some of the very best doctors in the world and they do believe in a complimentary low carb, keto diet during and after treatments. ok, i'm feeling better talking about it. will end today low calories and do an even better job tomorrow. thanks for the support everyone.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

does anyone here experience an increase in appetite when eating lots of fats? that i the reaction i get from fats. the hunger suppression only happens when i take fat really really low, and protein higher, carbs very very low. also, i need to have the low calories in there as well to keep hunger away. i know why i keep wanting to try atkins again, is because it promised lots of food and no hunger, but that just does not work for me. ok. enough said on that. just so glad to be here.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

My scale hates me.

That is all.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
My scale hates me too. Been stuck for going on 2 weeks.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

eating fat doesn't spike my appetite. Ever hear of the fat fast? Adding some fat usually helps with a stall.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

i just love everyone's dog photos. your disney is also so cute, cc.

i have tried the fat fast. makes me feel sick and my head does not think clearly. i need protein to have a clear mind. low fat high protein works best for me in terms of feeling energetic and focused.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

CC, the fat fast looks hard to me! Although heavy cream and macadamia nuts sounds pretty damn good to me today. LOL

I did have two chuck burgers today. The chuck was the same price for 4 lbs as 1 lb of the lean. Budget is an issue for us with Christmas coming up and I chose budget over diet.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

great choice pawp11
Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CC, the fat fast looks hard to me! Although heavy cream and macadamia nuts sounds pretty damn good to me today. LOL

I did have two chuck burgers today. The chuck was the same price for 4 lbs as 1 lb of the lean. Budget is an issue for us with Christmas coming up and I chose budget over diet.
I think how you prepare it matters, too.

I usually buy 93 or 99 percent lean ground turkey and either brown it in a pan and drain the fat off or grill it on the George foreman and drain the fat off. I made a meat loaf and not as much fat drained off and it upset my stomach because of the higher fat content
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

So my weight is coming back down after a no-good-reason 2 lb spike. Other than that, I must work this weekend. I will try to check in later.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

great on the 2 pounds down paw. Feels so good to get it going in the right direction.

Anonymousity - i grill everything on the foreman grill. so easy and all the fat drains right off. i'm using costco 99% fat free chicken breast. no seasoning or dressings. this is my favorite and agrees with me most. i just did two whole breasts, cut them up in small pieces and put in a container in the fridge. i will munch on them like snacks.

I should also weigh them before i eat any more, so i know how much i'm snacking.

Last edited by Shreem; 11-09-2013 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hardly ate yesterday just wasnt hungry. Weight the same. Having a hard time getting my water in cause its so cold here now. I will try harder today. Have left over turkey breast to munch on today. I actually felt smaller when I woke up, then I stepped on the scale, getting real tired of 211. Maybe an egg day tomorrow?
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

I tried an egg day Thursday(?) and it didn't work for me. Really, really need the weight to come back down. I have looked over my diet journal and there is no good reason I had the upspike. The only thing I did was that meatloaf. Even if there was something hidden in that, shouldn't it be going away by now?

Ignore me. I am just irritated. It won't affect my plan. I am just throwing a tantrum!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

pawp, hang in there. You too, Michelle!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

My weight isn't dropping very much so I'm going to lower my fat a bit more and see if that helps.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: g_intexas
Stats: 205.2/195/160
Start Date: Nov. 6, 2013
Hello all, I've been posting in the 21-day challenge thread, but thought I'd check this thread out cause I always love reading about all the successes and challenges.

I know on Stillman's fat is a no-no but as someone mentioned in a previous reply adding a little fat may help break a stall. When I did HCG, and would hit a stall, adding a TBS of organic coconut oil would get things moving on the scale and in the bathroom. I know there's an HCG room here and haven't doing any reading in there, but it may be worth it to do some checking into the stall breaking ideas.

I'm still in my first week of Stillman's and having good losses, so I'm still pretty much a newbie. But coconut oil is healthy and very tasty if you wanna give it a try. Hope you all had a great weekend an keep on losing!
g_intexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I love coconut oil. Especially frying eggs in it! LOL I really think my stall is due to being midcycle. I am almost exactly two weeks till my next TOM. I know that's it. At least I am continuing to tell myself that. The scale better be nicer to me tomorrow or I am going to throw it out the window!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, stalls are no fun..........

Neither is this sinus infection. I'm at wits end. Ordered goldenseal root capsules. You snort it up your nose. Eeek. Willing to try anything now.

OTOH Last night Dad came up for dinner and the babyback ribs turned out fantastic. I had cole slaw and mashed sweet potato for sides. He wanted seconds so no dessert.

DH had dessert after Dad left. Sugar free angel food cake with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Deeeelish!!!!!!!!

Dad took me to the outlets and the clearance racks were loaded! I got a bunch of shirts and two pairs of jeans for 152.00, I had an extra 20 percent coupon code which they applied. The clearance total before coupon was over two hundred.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i just love everyone's dog photos. your disney is also so cute, cc.

i have tried the fat fast. makes me feel sick and my head does not think clearly. i need protein to have a clear mind. low fat high protein works best for me in terms of feeling energetic and focused.
Me, too! I lost tons of weight on Atkins ( around 40 lbs) but I noticed I still stay a little overweight if Im doinf LC HF but I get slim when I cut the fat down. So I know what you're saying!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
I love coconut oil. Especially frying eggs in it! LOL I really think my stall is due to being midcycle. I am almost exactly two weeks till my next TOM. I know that's it. At least I am continuing to tell myself that. The scale better be nicer to me tomorrow or I am going to throw it out the window!
I've read a lot that coconut oil lowers blood sugar a LOT. Even fasting blood sugar. So I tried it and it absolutely worked. I measured my fasting glucose and then I ate a spoonful of coconut oil and half an hour later, my sugar was way lower. I wish I remembered the numbers. So now I actually know for a fact that it helps me get in to and stay in ketosis.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote