Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Back on track!
Stats: 400/267.8/150
WOE: Max 30 carbs
Start Date: January 2011
Walden Farms Products

Are these 0carb/0calorie products able to be used on Stillmans? I've commited to a 14 day self challenge and am going shopping so wanted to know if they're "ok" for this commitment! Thanks for any input
Back on track! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: g_intexas
Stats: 205.2/195/160
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Nov. 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back on track! View Post
Are these 0carb/0calorie products able to be used on Stillmans? I've commited to a 14 day self challenge and am going shopping so wanted to know if they're "ok" for this commitment! Thanks for any input
I wouldn't waste my money. I've tried them in the past for other diets and they just don't taste good. Plus they're kinda pricey.
g_intexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_intexas View Post
I wouldn't waste my money. I've tried them in the past for other diets and they just don't taste good. Plus they're kinda pricey.
I think I heard that some are ok, but only if you mix them with something else. What I mean is that you use it as a bulking agent of sorts to cut down on carbs fat cals etc

Whenever I see Walden Farms products I think of the Golden Girls episode where Blanche is trying out 1 calorie diet dressing and Dorothy remarks that it would have more flavor if she ran it under the faucet lol. Needless to say, I stay away as anything that promises 0 everything can't taste all that great.

Last edited by Anonymousity; 11-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: added
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
I am not a fan of Walden Farms. I was, but that was when I was trying a prepackaged powder meal replacement program and anything tasted better than the "food."

The only thing I have found that is 0 everything that is actually awesome - and I eat even when not dieting! - is Galeo's Miso salad dressings. The Sesame one is killer. I use it as salad dressing (when I am actually eating salads lol) and as a marinade for beef, chicken, etc. No stores here sell it so I have to order it online. It makes boiled chicken taste good. They have other flavors, but the Sesame is my go-to choice.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am not a fan of Walden Farms. I was, but that was when I was trying a prepackaged powder meal replacement program and anything tasted better than the "food."

The only thing I have found that is 0 everything that is actually awesome - and I eat even when not dieting! - is Galeo's Miso salad dressings. The Sesame one is killer. I use it as salad dressing (when I am actually eating salads lol) and as a marinade for beef, chicken, etc. No stores here sell it so I have to order it online. It makes boiled chicken taste good. They have other flavors, but the Sesame is my go-to choice.
I looked at the salad dressing you are talking about and it has calories, but hardly any! So that's great! I might try it out, but the carb count kind of freaks me out LOL! However, if it's as good as you say, I might just eat it anyway!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
I looked at the salad dressing you are talking about and it has calories, but hardly any! So that's great! I might try it out, but the carb count kind of freaks me out LOL! However, if it's as good as you say, I might just eat it anyway!
That's strange. My container says 0 everything, but I just looked at their website and it now says it has carbs and calories. I guess they changed the formula since I last ordered. Thanks for letting me know!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
I've used Walden Farms salad dressings for years. I think you just have to adapt a taste for it.

Of course, doing strict Stillman's, you are NOT allowed salads...

so, I go back bank and forth between HcG, in which I am allowed salads and veggies...

and then back to Stillman's.

Variety is my SPICE of life!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Josie, RN
WOE: Stillman Diet
Start Date: February 2014
Food products can say "0 calories/carbs", if they have less than 5 grams per serving. So, when you start having more than one 'serving' (which is usually a really low amount anyway (I mean, 4 tiny slices of beets is one 'serving'? Give me a break!)). So, as you increase the so-called 'serving' the cals, carbs, fats, etc., that are supposedly "0" can add up.

Plus, I don't think anyone who's trying to stick to a formal, specific diet should be trying to substitute, add, etc. I've seen this on other diets - right from the get-go people are trying to find ways to add to the prescribed limitations, and so are spending inordinate amounts of time focusing on food (which is what they can't break away from - their lives revolving around food).

Keep it easy and simple - over-thinking things means you are continuing to obsess with food. It WILL get monotonous, but it also will work. For me, I just figure it's the price I have to pay for over-indulging in the first place.
Josie, RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nanoparty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie, RN View Post
Food products can say "0 calories/carbs", if they have less than 5 grams per serving. So, when you start having more than one 'serving' (which is usually a really low amount anyway (I mean, 4 tiny slices of beets is one 'serving'? Give me a break!)). So, as you increase the so-called 'serving' the cals, carbs, fats, etc., that are supposedly "0" can add up.

Plus, I don't think anyone who's trying to stick to a formal, specific diet should be trying to substitute, add, etc. I've seen this on other diets - right from the get-go people are trying to find ways to add to the prescribed limitations, and so are spending inordinate amounts of time focusing on food (which is what they can't break away from - their lives revolving around food).

Keep it easy and simple - over-thinking things means you are continuing to obsess with food. It WILL get monotonous, but it also will work. For me, I just figure it's the price I have to pay for over-indulging in the first place.
Just a small correction, but I think you can say zero carbs when it's less than 0.5g per serving. I shudder to think if they could say zero when it was less than five whole grams...(source!)

I do agree about the troubles with substituting for a formal or specific diet, but I also find myself allowing certain things, like some Walden Farms products. I mean, hey, those dips taste great with plain yogurt! All the same, you make an EXCELLENT point about becoming wholly focused on food to the point of obsession. It's definitely a risk many have struggled with (yours truly not exempt).

Keep it simple is always good advice!

Last edited by nanoparty!; 02-14-2014 at 11:59 PM..
nanoparty! is offline   Reply With Quote