Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Joining the awesome Stillman Diet! Any vets care to share tips?:) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/816235-joining-awesome-stillman-diet-any-vets-care-share-tips.html)

Sam_Marie 10-30-2013 09:50 AM

Joining the awesome Stillman Diet! Any vets care to share tips?:)

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be joining you guys in your amazing weightloss journey!! I do have a few questions. What exactly are your meal plans? I'm planning to eat eggs, chicken, tuna and tilapia. Maybe cottage cheese. Is yogurt ok? What about Tabasco for flavor? Also, I have about 40 pounds to lose. Could I lose that in 10 weeks? Thank you!!!! Any tips u have are welcome :)):stars:

kitty_el 10-31-2013 01:37 AM

Hey Sam, I dont have much experience on Stills, this is my second attempt. I generally eat 2/3 boiled eggs for breakfast with a bit of salt & pepper, canned tuna for lunch and plain chicken for tea. Its very boring but its doable because the plan works. I have lost 8lbs in 4 days so far :)

Good luck

pawp11 10-31-2013 08:14 AM

I am not really a vet either. Today makes the end of month one for me. I've lost 14.8 this month! My husband and I are both doing this. My days vary, but my shopping list is the same so I will give you that. I buy lots of eggs and eat them in broth as an egg drop soup, boiled, scrambled, or even fried (in PAM spray.) I buy lean steak, lean hamburger, loads of chicken, tilapia, pollock, and flounder. We also eat light cheese sticks. I found a deli meat that only has 1 carb per serving and use those on the days I don't feel like or have the time to cook. We drink a ton of water of course and the occasional diet drink.

Oh, and spices are your friend! Salt, pepper, garlic, etc. Don't be afraid to add flavor!

I am not a fan of cottage cheese or tuna, but those are staples for a lot of people. Greek yogurt is acceptable in my opinion. It's numbers are actually better than cottage cheese a lot of the time. I don't know anything about Tabasco. What are the numbers on it? The real trick to this plan is to keep your carbs super low. My days average 3-5 carbs. I do occasionally hit 10-13 though. You don't have to count them. I am a number junkie and need to know. The trick is to be aware of nutritional info on the things you buy and use. And be aware that anything that says less than 1 carb, you should round that up. If 1 tsp is less than 1 carb, that could 0.9 carbs. Check the Tabasco bottle to see.

Good luck on your journey. Someone will start a November thread tomorrow. Join us there for support and advice!

BrattyS 10-31-2013 08:59 AM

Is doing Stills for over 5 years and losing the same 20 pounds over and over again a vet? :laugh:

Eat as clean as you can stand and use higher fat to help you through the tough days.

On clean days I eat hard boiled eggs, tuna, chicken, lean ground turkey and tilapia. I season mostly with salt, pepper and garlic. I also use red hot.

On days I am struggling I eat scrambled eggs with a little shredded cheddar, low fat ground beef, and will add some mayo and egg to my tuna. Definitely higher fat but usually helps on the days I can not stand the diet anymore.

Dairy products stall my weight loss so I try to avoid eating it. Some people can eat the cottage cheese and some do not because it stalls them. Not sure about yogurt, I though they had a lot of carbs in them. You are aiming for no carbs. On the days I have any it is usually around 5 carbs all day.

Hope this helps!

edited to add that I typically lose about 10-15 pounds in 2 weeks and about 3-5 pounds a week after that.

LCD 10-31-2013 09:13 AM

I rarely post, but thought I would answer your question. I did my first round of Stillman's when I was 23 and dropped lots of weight very quickly - as in a month I was down from 145 lbs to 124 lbs. I am now 56 years old and have done the quick weight loss diet several times through the years with great success. I followed the diet to the letter each time, after about 3 days it is easier to follow due to ketosis and loss of appetite. I did this diet in 2011 - from end of March (2oth or so) until May 1st and dropped from 168 lbs to 135 lbs. It is a success every time and you do need to follow it per the plan the Dr. states - no cheats, don't eat anything off plan. I ate all the eggs, meat, and cottage cheese I could handle, again after day 3 not hungry, but did eat. Drink all the water (daily 80 ozs at least). I also had coffee & artificial sweetener without creamer (hard, but still don’t use it to this day) and diet cokes (lots of them). Exercise was walking 5 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes and light weights 2 - 3 days a week - and did not start that until week 3 of the diet plan. After weight loss just watched carbs and I have maintained for most of the year and 6 months since - if I started to gain, I went back to the QWL plan for a couple of weeks and was good to go. You can find the sticky of the plan at the top of the Stillman's page - promise if you follow it to the letter, you are going to be amazed at the quick loss of weight you have. If you cheat, it definitely will set you back a day or two for losing.

skittles1982 10-31-2013 07:29 PM

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LCD (Post 16665399)
I rarely post, but thought I would answer your question. I did my first round of Stillman's when I was 23 and dropped lots of weight very quickly - as in a month I was down from 145 lbs to 124 lbs. I am now 56 years old and have done the quick weight loss diet several times through the years with great success. I followed the diet to the letter each time, after about 3 days it is easier to follow due to ketosis and loss of appetite. I did this diet in 2011 - from end of March (2oth or so) until May 1st and dropped from 168 lbs to 135 lbs. It is a success every time and you do need to follow it per the plan the Dr. states - no cheats, don't eat anything off plan. I ate all the eggs, meat, and cottage cheese I could handle, again after day 3 not hungry, but did eat. Drink all the water (daily 80 ozs at least). I also had coffee & artificial sweetener without creamer (hard, but still donít use it to this day) and diet cokes (lots of them). Exercise was walking 5 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes and light weights 2 - 3 days a week - and did not start that until week 3 of the diet plan. After weight loss just watched carbs and I have maintained for most of the year and 6 months since - if I started to gain, I went back to the QWL plan for a couple of weeks and was good to go. You can find the sticky of the plan at the top of the Stillman's page - promise if you follow it to the letter, you are going to be amazed at the quick loss of weight you have. If you cheat, it definitely will set you back a day or two for losing.

:goodpost:

Sam_Marie 11-01-2013 02:54 AM

Thank you all so much for posting! Definitely reading your replies have given me hope that I can and will do this! Perfect day for me to officially start seeing that It's the first of the month! Good luck to all of you as well! I will post my weight loss on the monthly treads and hope to see updates from all of you as well. :-)

-Samantha

LCD 11-01-2013 08:56 AM

And one more thing, I am 5'6 1/2 " tall. So getting to goal was and is awesome. Still fight the weight, menopause is not kind at times. All have a great November