Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
24 days of Stillman's, Join me!

The past year, since giving birth to my 3rd child, I have been trying desperately to lose this baby weight, plus the excess weight I've carried all my life! I lost my baby weight in about 5 months and for the past 7 months I have gotten as low as 186 lbs and back up to 208 lbs and everywhere in between! I keep switching diets every 2 weeks, gaining, losing, gaining, losing, and so on. I'm sick of it! And not just for vanity reasons, I have health in mind too! My knees are in so much pain, I'm always tired, depressed, pre-diabetic, high blood pressure, I nip this in the bud now!

I'm starting Stillman's tomorrow and sticking to it for 24 days! November 10 is a movie night we are hosting at my house (we do this once a month) Hence the 24 day period! I know I won't be sticking to it fully, there will be days where I may add veggies, but I want to stick to Stillman's at least 90% of the time!

Do you have an event coming up in November? Or do you want to stay accountable? Please join me and let's do this together!

P.S. I will try to post my stats everyday starting tomorrow! I'll do weight and body fat percent daily and probably try to do waist and hip measurements once a week.

P.S.S. For exercise, I track my steps. Usually try to take 10,000 steps daily, walk 5 miles a day, and climb 25 flights of stairs. I will also try to post these daily to stay accountable.

Let's do this guys!

Trying a modified JUDDD woe. Aprox. 2200/1200.
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

My starting stats:

Weight: 209.4
Body Fat: 38%
Waist: 40.5 inches
Hips: 48 inches

So I thought I would be 207 or 208 lbs at the most (I haven't weighed myself in like 2 weeks because I've been binge eating) so this morning was a good wake up call, and a great motivation to stick to stillman's! In my mind, I still weigh 186 (my lowest since giving birth to my 3rd child exactly 1 year ago today) but I can't keep living in denial, I am 23 lbs more than that! Yikes!

Anyway, today has been going really well so far. Minimal hunger and no headaches or tiredness as of yet! It is actually my DS's birthday but we celebrated 2 days ago, so thankfully there will not be any cake or anything like that! Just lots of kisses and cuddling him!

Last edited by Chalagurl; 10-17-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
I said hello in the other thread, but I wanted to tell you you are so not alone. I find lying to myself about my weight is way too easy. And look where that got us! So I am being honest with myself from now on. I wish you much success on your weight loss journey.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Hi pawp! I'm glad I'm not alone in this! I am the kind of person who needs to weight myself regularly or else I just eat and eat and gain weight like crazy! Out of sight, out of mind is not good when it comes to my weight!

How long have you been doing Stills, and how much have you lost so far?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well, I started Stillman's Sept 30. The only problem with that date is I had a anniversary day a week ago and had a few too many carbs and so screwed my loss up a bit. I had begun another plan Sept 8 and when I decided to switch plans I had a bit of a binge weekend. So counting the binge weekend and the one bad day, I have lost 16.2 lbs in total. Since I started Stillman's I have lost 7.8 lbs including the anniversary day. Does that make sense? I have been in a stall since the anniversary day but lost a little today!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello. I have a date in November that I am losing weight for so I would be happy to join you. As of today I have 4 straight days under my belt. I am very determined as I have a dress I want to get into. I really can't afford any slip ups.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Pawp- 16 lbs in less than 2 months is great as well as the almost 8 lbs since starting Stills! Especially with the few "bad" days that you had. I'd say those are great numbers!

Makemeslim- you just reminded me that my Anniversary is November 13, lol...guess I have that to work for too! I have never worn a dress on an Anniversary date, it would be so cool to fit in one this year. I might try to make that one of my goals! How much do you want to lose before your date? Or are you looking more at a dress size rather than a number on the scale?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
Pawp- 16 lbs in less than 2 months is great as well as the almost 8 lbs since starting Stills! Especially with the few "bad" days that you had. I'd say those are great numbers!

Makemeslim- you just reminded me that my Anniversary is November 13, lol...guess I have that to work for too! I have never worn a dress on an Anniversary date, it would be so cool to fit in one this year. I might try to make that one of my goals! How much do you want to lose before your date? Or are you looking more at a dress size rather than a number on the scale?

That sounds like a good goal! I would buy the dress now but that just me.
I have a look that I want to achieve, so I try to focus on that more than anything. I have learned that I am most successful when I don't get too hooked up with the scale which is why I don't weigh daily. I failed miserably in the past when I weighed often but got to goal in no time as soon as I stopped weighing. I've put on a good few pounds since then hence my return here. This time around I'm going to have a fail proof maintenance plan in place.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
Start Date: 11/29/2014
I'll join in! I am starting today.

I've been looking at Stillman's for a few days now, and I've never tried it before. I managed to lose 13lbs in September with a combination of calorie counting, and then transitioning over to low carb. My height is at a halt because I haven't exactly been on plan so far this month. I'm in the middle of moving out of my ex-bf's house, starting a new temp job, and just a lot of changes. I weighed in at 187lbs on October 1, and I was 188lbs yesterday. So, I'd like to at least reach the 170's by November 1!

I also met with a personal trainer yesterday. We are scheduling training for 3 days a week. I failed to mention that I just got into the Army Reserves. Before, I was National Guard for a few years and I didn't extend. Since I've been out for over two years, I need to get back in shape and lose this extra weight. So, I've been given 90 days to meet HT/WT either by the number on the scale, or meeting 34% body fat.. by the army's old standard of tape. Ugh. But as of last month, I'm only 10% away from it so I'm sure with the combination of Stillman's and a personal trainer, I can get there!

I also ate WAY off plan yesterday so the scale is jumped big time today, and probably will be for a few days. Obviously, there's no way I gained 5lbs over night LOL. I made it a planned day off plan, which is something I usually don't do.

DAY 1: 192.3lbs

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 10-18-2013 at 05:36 AM..
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

makemeslim- I like the idea of trying to achieve a look as your goal! Best of luck to you! If you've reached goal before, I'm sure you'll do it again Also, let me know if you find a good maintenance plan (even though that may be far off for me, it's always good to hear how others do it)

IWasMade- When I was 19, I had just recently dropped out of 2 different colleges, and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I decided I wanted to join the Navy, but I weighed 190 lbs at the time, and according to my height, they wanted me to weigh 160 before I could official join. I worked with a recruiter for 3 months and eventually got down to 160, but literally that week, met someone, fell in love and decided not to join That was a rash decision, but thankfully it worked out, I am happily married to the same guy, with 3 great kids now! Anyway, with the combination of Stillman's and the personal trainer, I think you will achieve your goal faster than 90 days! Good luck to you!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

My starting stats:

Weight: 209.4
Body Fat: 38%
Waist: 40.5 inches
Hips: 48 inches

10/18/13: 209.0 lbs , 38% BF ,
Yesterday's Exercise: 11,801 steps , 5 miles , 12 floors

So only a .4 lost on the scale. I really did want more, but I tend to be a slow loser sometimes, although sometimes fast...my body is weird But also, TOM just started this morning, so that could be it! Also, I have still been using HWC in my coffee since I don't have the money to buy any FF Half and Half until next wednesday, and I can't drink it black! I will try to have less fat today, but that may be hard since I have guest coming over tonight, and I might have to eat closer to Atkins style for dinner. We'll see!

My goal for exercise is 10,000 steps a day, 5 miles a day, and 25 floors. I met all those except the floors, so I will try to do at least 25 today! Hmm...just realized I also was lifting 10 lb weights yesterday when I was walking, so maybe I gained some muscle!

Either way, .4 lbs is still a loss, so I will take it and be happy! Hope everyone else is having a great Stillman's day so far!

Last edited by Chalagurl; 10-18-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Yep, 0.4 is a loss! Truthfully, any loss is a great loss in my opinion! Good job with the steps and weights!

I don't drink coffee, but I have several friends who are using Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla in place of their normal cream and sugars. It has really low carbs. I am not sure about the fat, but I bet it is low too. Just a thought.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/164.8/130
Start Date: 11/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
IWasMade- When I was 19, I had just recently dropped out of 2 different colleges, and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I decided I wanted to join the Navy, but I weighed 190 lbs at the time, and according to my height, they wanted me to weigh 160 before I could official join. I worked with a recruiter for 3 months and eventually got down to 160, but literally that week, met someone, fell in love and decided not to join That was a rash decision, but thankfully it worked out, I am happily married to the same guy, with 3 great kids now! Anyway, with the combination of Stillman's and the personal trainer, I think you will achieve your goal faster than 90 days! Good luck to you!
Ya I miss my time in the Army, but this will be very different for me. I was National Guard before, and had even worked with them on Active Duty for a while before I left. So, over two years later, I'll be in the Reserves until at least next August - or until I scholarship into the ROTC program sometime after May next year. Either way, it's great motivation to stick with it! I was around 140lbs most of my enlistment. I def regret taking that BC shot that's for sure!

I didn't do well yesterday. I didn't realize I literally had no lean meats, so I went off plan! So after my shift last night, I bought some staples for this plan; lean ground turkey, lean chicken, etc. Even though I went off plan, I still dropped in weight. But, I'll consider today day 1.

DAY 1: 191.3lbs
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glorianow
Stats: 450/271/150
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: November 17, 2013
I'm Ready to join you Charlagurl

I have been reading and researching the plan I would like to do. Stillman does look pretty strict, but I need that type of plan. I would love to join you for 24 days starting on the 17th. I will be shopping this weekend for my meat, cheese, and eggs. I actually order the book from Amazon yesterday, but I have read enough information online to get me started. I will try to post every few days, but I will only be weighing myself once a week on Monday or Tuesday. I think it's great that some folks can do daily, but I'm not that strong yet. This will be a test for me since I live with my sister and she's not dieting. Her pantry is full fruit, veggies, dairy and sugar. I hope to be moving in 2 months so that it will not be so hard, but I will start anyways. I need to keep putting it off until...because until never comes.

I do like a variety of foods when dieting and have copied the recipes from some where on this site. From what I have read, you can eat unlimited amounts of clean foods, but most people here seem to be very restrictive in their food choices. Am I reading the wrong Stillman diet?

I have lost over 175 lbs eating healthy over 2 years, but I have gained 30 of it back. I have also stalled and it has been suggested that a low carb diet might be a great help to me. Yes I was one big sexy girl. I'm still big, but I'm ready to work on it again.

My Goals:
1) Lose 137 lbs in 1 year (6 month is my secret goal and 12 months my realistic one)
2) Build up to walking/biking 60 minutes a day by January 1. (I'm at 20 minutes now)....Add strength training in February
3) Drink 12 glasses of water a day plus tea and coffee
4) Find support on this site or others that support a high protein diet.
5) Do Bible Study and Prayer daily for support and direction.
6) Find a free low carb program online to track my progress. (DOES ANYONE KNOW ONE).

Sorry, this is long but I think I wrote it more for me. I will find a place to journal so I will not do this again.

Thanks for reading and I will take all support.
glorianow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
Start Date: 03/26/12
Best of luck to you, GloriaNow. Many of your goals are possible. I was figuring if I lose 10 pounds each month, that would make it 50 pounds in five months and that is what my goal will be.

I also have a Prism Christian diet plan book to do daily readings, prayer, and study along with a Diet Devotion with scriptures, prayers, and a brief reading.

I'm hoping you will continue to post so I can follow your progress.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(no, I am NOT dieting for Thanksgiving; however, I will eat moderately)

Thank you other ladies for posting on this thread. I hope you will continue.
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote