Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybess76
Stats: 214/185.0/135
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 09-23-13
Stillman's in October!!!

Ok.. I thought someone would have started a thread for the month of October by now..but since they have I guess I'm the lucky person. Ok.. I started Stillmans' on 9-24-13 and the September thread was good for me and I need somewhere to connect with others and let me just say it the motivation as well.
So far I lost 4 lbs since getting my digital scale on 09-26-13 starting there @ 195.5. Really not sure what my starting 09-23-13 weight was since my crazy standard scale wasn't very adequate. This morning I weighted in @191.0 so It's only down hill from here..
For exercise I'm doing 10mins of intense jump roping and some crunches, floor runs, and in and outs, and plank leg pull ins. Ok here we go..let's lose big in October!!!!!!!!
ladybess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Where is everyone? Heres my update - I am down to 218.4. Will be sticking with mostly stillmans I think this month. Have DD's birthday party this weekend so will have some veg of that platter plan on skipping the cake. Exercise is still the eliptical hope to increase my time on it soon. Man am I glad to be in the teens, hope to get to the single digits this month.

ladybess- Hi I am right there with ya, we can do it! My goal weight is the same as yours. I am 5'7 how tall are you? Thats what I weighed after losing the weight after my first child but havent been there since about 2000 when I got preg with the second. Have no idea what I will look like since it has been so long. Lets get there!

Went to a new doc a few years ago and said I was working on losing the baby weight and she said "Oh you had a baby, how old is your baby now?" and I said 10. She laughed. I went on to gain even more after that but now that baby is turning 13 this weekend and I am really just now doing it since the end of may this year getting the weight off.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: *Snowflake*
Stats: 165/154/139
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: October 2013
Hello everyone! I also want to join this thread! I started stillmans yesterday, and want to continue with this program until the end of the month. My current weight is 154, and my goal weight is 139. I hope I can reach this by the end of the month! I will try posting my menu everday along with my progress!
Yesterday- weight:156
B-1 hb egg
S-string cheese
L- grilled chicken
D- grilled beef

I will update my progress tommorow! Good Luck everyone! We can do this!
*Snowflake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I began Stillman's 9/30. This is my first time. I have done some version of low carb before, but never really low or nonexistent. LOL My book should show up today. I have just been going on what I have read here. I am also making my husband do it. He has mobility issues following an accident in '07 and he needs to lose the weight to help with his pain levels. So far he is down several pounds and I am down several ounces. (Of course!) I forgot to add, I am in the need to lose a LOT of weight category.

We are planning to really work it this month. We do have our anniversary this month so we are planning to do more of an Atkins plan that day as we already have plans with various friends and family members that day.

How long do people normally do Stillman's? I have read the 24 day thread. Is that usually the goal? I imagine it's individual, but can you give me your thoughts and opinions?

In any case, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Last edited by pawp11; 10-02-2013 at 10:01 AM..
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Where is everyone? Heres my update - I am down to 218.4. Will be sticking with mostly stillmans I think this month. Have DD's birthday party this weekend so will have some veg of that platter plan on skipping the cake. Exercise is still the eliptical hope to increase my time on it soon. Man am I glad to be in the teens, hope to get to the single digits this month.

ladybess- Hi I am right there with ya, we can do it! My goal weight is the same as yours. I am 5'7 how tall are you? Thats what I weighed after losing the weight after my first child but havent been there since about 2000 when I got preg with the second. Have no idea what I will look like since it has been so long. Lets get there!

Went to a new doc a few years ago and said I was working on losing the baby weight and she said "Oh you had a baby, how old is your baby now?" and I said 10. She laughed. I went on to gain even more after that but now that baby is turning 13 this weekend and I am really just now doing it since the end of may this year getting the weight off.
Way to Go Michelle. yes we can do it. On my height I'm only 5'3 but that will be the first goal..may I'll go lower once I reached 135lbs.

My weight begun to increase in 2007 and I reached my heaviest 2008 @214. was very ill back then and didn't have the energy to do the basics so in 2010 I decided it was time for a change.I tried apidex and lose 30 lbs got down to 184lbs then I returned to regular eating and stopped the pills due to headache, insomnia and rapid heart beats. This time my mother mention Stillmans and all the weight she had lost 30yrs ago and here we are today. I'm like mom why haven't you mention this before.
so fat you can kiss my behind...
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
Hello everyone! I also want to join this thread! I started stillmans yesterday, and want to continue with this program until the end of the month. My current weight is 154, and my goal weight is 139. I hope I can reach this by the end of the month! I will try posting my menu everday along with my progress!
Yesterday- weight:156
B-1 hb egg
S-string cheese
L- grilled chicken
D- grilled beef

I will update my progress tommorow! Good Luck everyone! We can do this!
Snowflake, and congrats on your lose.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I began Stillman's 9/30. This is my first time. I have done some version of low carb before, but never really low or nonexistent. LOL My book should show up today. I have just been going on what I have read here. I am also making my husband do it. He has mobility issues following an accident in '07 and he needs to lose the weight to help with his pain levels. So far he is down several pounds and I am down several ounces. (Of course!) I forgot to add, I am in the need to lose a LOT of weight category.

We are planning to really work it this month. We do have our anniversary this month so we are planning to do more of an Atkins plan that day as we already have plans with various friends and family members that day.

How long do people normally do Stillman's? I have read the 24 day thread. Is that usually the goal? I imagine it's individual, but can you give me your thoughts and opinions?

In any case, I look forward to chatting with you all.
and congrats on your husband and your weight lose Pawp11.
Well I'm very new to stillman's as well I recently started myself 09-23-13. But from reading in the book you can stay on until you reach you goal weight if you like. i know I will be doing so. Anyway good luck on your weight lose journey.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raven :D
Stats: 239/223/154
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 24, 2013
I just started Stillman's today. I hope to lose about 15 pounds by this Halloween.
and another 15 by my birthday at the end of November. I just had a baby and 30 pounds would put me back where I started.

10-2-3013 - 223lbs
Raven :D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Ladybess, thank you for the welcome and the information!

Raven, congrats on the baby. Good luck with your goals.

My book didn't show up today. But I am still going. I have a serious headache, as does DH. Obviously the low/no carbs were a shock to my system. I gave up caffeinated beverages about two months ago so that isn't it. Took an Advil and hope that helps. Maybe I will go sit in the hot tub for a bit. That should help.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi Ladies,
I'm doing Juddd with Stillmans on the down days. I will be rooting for us all
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tai1913
Stats: 198/182/82-102lbs (4' 8")
WOE: Stillmans/Now HCG
Start Date: 9/23/2013
Hello everyone,

I started Stillmans end of September on the 23,2013 weighing 198lbs. I am currently stuck at 188lbs. I have a coffee and cream problem along with full fat cheese. I have stopped the cheese, but struggling with the coffee. I have read the book now, and I am trying to follow Stillmans correctly, but I have to work on letting the coffee go. I wish you all much success this month with your goals.....happy releasing!!
Tai1913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Uggh Tom showed up, knew he was coming all I wanted was salt last night and chocolate. Had some sugar free choc and for salt I had green olives. I expected to be up more this morning but was only up .2 so couldnt be happier with that. I consider that a major win cause I wanted to eat the kitchen. Always bad at night. Craving should be calmed down by tomorrow, then smooth sailing again. And when tom leaves since I have been so good I hope I get my reward, whooshes.

Stay on plan everyone and great things will happen!

Hitting the couch/where I will be all day if anyone needs me! haha
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I went to bed starving and with a terrible headache last night, but I didn't wake up starving. Still have a bit of a headache. I am hoping ketosis kicks in today. Scale moved more in the right direction! I hope you all have a good day.

Michelle, I hope the couch helps.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Good job everyone! Keep it up, its so hard controlling cravings. Its even harden when you go out to eat and you have guests over last night we went to a cajun crab and shrimp place for dinner, and only thing on the menu was fried and breaded or in a butter sauce. I resisted the fried food but had crab and shrimp with butter. I also resisted the many many yummy desserts that were brought over to my house. My weight however remained the same because of all the butter. I plan on sticking strictly to stillman today.
Yesterday menu
B-2 hb eggs
L-turkey slices, and light laughing cow cheese
wedge with some fresh herbs
S-string cheese
D- crab and shrimp with butter

Weight- 154
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I like posting the food we ate. It reminds me that there are options I am not eating.

Yesterday:
3 oz chicken breast baked
string cheese

I baked batches of chicken using different seasonings so it feels like I am eating something different. We should finish that off today. I think there are three servings left. We had it for breakfast. I have a pot of beef broth in the fridge from the roast I made earlier in the week. I think I will do that egg drop soup later for something different.

So I am down just over 4 pounds since Monday. DH hit 10 down this morning. He is terribly excited to see such results. He hasn't complained once about this plan. That has never happened before. By day three he always wants to quit or "cheat" on any plan we're on. That makes changing our eating patterns so much easier!

My nephew is coming to stay the weekend with us. He spends most weekends with us. This will be the first real test for my husband. My nephew is really positive about me losing weight. He is so sweet. "Pam, you don't need to lose weight. You're not fat. But tell me what you're doing so I don't offer you anything I shouldn't."

Anyway, I have to get to work! Later!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone,
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I had been at a standstill 191.0, but I'm down .2 ozs this morning so I'm pleased with that. I'm currently at 190.8. I don't know why I'm losing so slow..it's very depressing to be following to the tea and only lose a few ozs here or there...the most I've lost since starting is two pounds on a given day. I'm totally bummed about this.

But I will not give up at least it is moving in the downward direction.

Congrats to all the ladies and gents with your loses!

Last edited by ladybess76; 10-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: left out something
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday I followed Stillmans all day except for dinner because we were invited to dinner at a friends house.
B- 1 hb egg
S- string cheese
L- turkey slices, hot sauce, laughing cow wedge
D- grilled chicken breast, asparagus, artichoke
Exercise: walked for 30 mins
I lost 1 lb! So my current weight is 153.
Today I will only be having protein.

Congrats everyone on your lose! Don't give up. We will eventually get their! I know it
Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Welcome to skinny heaven, y'all, stick with it and it will come!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Ok..I beginning to learn hoe my body response to stillman's. Do yesterday I didn't workout and this morning I'm down 1.4lbs this morning so I'm now 189.4lbs yay me. I eas a little hardon myself yesterday bit still hung in there. so look out 80's your going fown next.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

217 flat this morn its moving again. woohoo Thank you stillmans!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Love seeing those numbers drop, don't you? I am down 1.4 lbs today! No idea about DH as he left before I got up.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tai1913
Stats: 198/182/82-102lbs (4' 8")
WOE: Stillmans/Now HCG
Start Date: 9/23/2013
Hello everyone, it took me a few days.....but I have finally moved away from 188. I am now 187 today. I am anxious to see how this continues. I did finally drop the coffee, cheese and cream too. Not sure if it matters to much that I dropped the cream though. Since I have not felt like eating, I have started drinking EAS protein shakes. I drink four of them a day. They are 100 calories each. I know that I have to eat something, but I will drink these shakes until my appetite comes back or my body tells me otherwise.

Happy releasing everyone!
Tai1913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
hi,
weighing in tomorrow and getting real about it tomorrow....Tomorrow, Tomorrow,,,,it's only a day aweigh
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay losers!!!!! Happy Sunday all!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Down another 0.6 lbs. I started another plan Sept 8 but hated it. Then TOM hit and I ate off plan a bit for two days and then started Stillman's the following Monday. So the weighing tomorrow will basically be a month trying to lose weight and a full week on Stillman's. I am eager to see the scale tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hey CC can you throw me a skinny spell. I need help! I'm doing SB but think at some point I will do some Stillmans. I need to be at goal for an event in November so I really can't waste time. How are you? What happened with the house?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hi all. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Down a few more pounds. Slow going but I'll take it! :-)
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Shen! Slow and steady wins the race!

Lighting a candle for you now MMS!

The buyer has signed the contract agreement to purchase. They have until October 19th to provide a letter from the lender who agrees to finance or a document stating they have the funds to purchase outright. The closing should be around November 20. So it looks like we're stuck here another winter. We will be looking seriously and in person at houses the beginning of December.

This is our first choice:

MLS #703577 in Morriston, FL 32668 - Home for Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Perfect Stillman's day today. Everything I made was yummy and healthy. Protein galore. Full but not stuffed. Happy and eager to see the scale in the morning. I hope you all had as pleasant a day as I did!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondiegirl
Stats: 230/156/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Hey all... I'm back to trying Stillmans once more, the last time I lasted about a week, and I've been planning on starting back up over and over again but it just never happened.

Now I HAVE to do this though. I've been binge eating the past three or four months, and I've probably gained 30lbs I am not getting on the scale for a few months, that's for sure.

Yesterday was my first day and right now I'm craving everything sweet. There were two chocolate bars staring back at me when I opened the kitchen cabinet and I had to get back to the computer in order not to eat them

Oh well, I know this WOE works, and I need quick results so I'll have to push through it. In a couple of days it'll all feel better
blondiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote