Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Even with TOM arriving over the weekend I am down 2.2 lbs this week! That makes my total so far 21.4. DH was down a pound this week for a total of 17.6.

I have to get to work. I have so much to do today!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennafun
Stats: SW:136/CW:132/GW:120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: April 2013
I'm jumping in the Stillmans bandwagon. HFLC made me gain. The losses in this thread are encouraging. So no bacon right
Jennafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Jennafun, bacon is a no-no on Stillman's, but I can tell you that my husband couldn't make it without bacon. So once a week we have bacon. I found Hormel Natural Choice makes one that has numbers that I am okay with and it tastes good. But as far as strict Stillman's, nope. The deli meats are good from Hormel Natural Choice too and I eat those daily. Again, strict Stillman's, not on the list really. I think some people can go super strict and others just can't. Personally I am tickled with my losses even not being super strict. My numbers are great except for too much fat on bacon day! :P
Old 10-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello all. Had a little cheat Saturday and Sunday night. Not too pleased but glad I did not let it go on any longer. I drank wine which meant I then ate an off plan meal. I don't think I've put much on but Wine makes me eat like a horse so lesson learned, no wine. Going to do a 21 day challenge. I really need to focus now.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello all. Had a little cheat Saturday and Sunday night. Not too pleased but glad I did not let it go on any longer. I drank wine which meant I then ate an off plan meal. I don't think I've put much on but Wine makes me eat like a horse so lesson learned, no wine. Going to do a 21 day challenge. I really need to focus now.
Actually think a 14 day challenge would be better. Live got 27 days to reach my go so that's about the half way Mark. Wish me luck!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey everyone this is my second attempt at Stillmans, I started today - I have a halloween party on Saturday and hoping I can feel a bit lighter and less bloated by then. I will be drinking on Saturday but will be back on Stillmans on Sunday, I want to lose about 15lb's.

I am currently on maternity leave but I am going back to work next Monday - full time 9-5 - how do you guys cope with working and eating only protein, I think I will face a lot of criticism from my colleagues....

Today has been okay, I have had some HB eggs, tuna and will be having chicken for tea
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
I am currently on maternity leave but I am going back to work next Monday - full time 9-5 - how do you guys cope with working and eating only protein, I think I will face a lot of criticism from my colleagues....
Lie. Say it's a doctor recommended thing. That almost always shuts people up. If you are doing boiled eggs, just say you are trying to drop the last of the baby weight or whatever. "Left overs" is always a good answer as well.

Whatever you have to is my theory!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Even with TOM arriving over the weekend I am down 2.2 lbs this week! That makes my total so far 21.4. DH was down a pound this week for a total of 17.6.

I have to get to work. I have so much to do today!
awesome, hope you had a great day!

Quote:
OMG MMS the Stormageddon in London is on the news, stay safe!!!!!!
You can do it!

Quote:
Hey everyone this is my second attempt at Stillmans, I started today - I have a halloween party on Saturday and hoping I can feel a bit lighter and less bloated by then. I will be drinking on Saturday but will be back on Stillmans on Sunday, I want to lose about 15lb's.

Today has been okay, I have had some HB eggs, tuna and will be having chicken for tea
"I'm diabetic and celiac!"

Quote:
Lie. Say it's a doctor recommended thing. That almost always shuts people up. If you are doing boiled eggs, just say you are trying to drop the last of the baby weight or whatever. "Left overs" is always a good answer as well.

Whatever you have to is my theory!
yeppers!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
awesome, hope you had a great day!

OMG MMS the Stormageddon in London is on the news, stay safe!!!!!!
You can do it!

"I'm diabetic and celiac!"

yeppers!!!!!!!!!!
CC, I woke this morning, looked out of my lounge window and was shocked to see the garden wall had collapsed! 8 foot tall and 30metres plus had come down. It fell into my next door neighbours garden so all the devastation is there side. It took down a couple of small trees with it and lots of shrubs. Had some really beautiful well developed wisteria alongside that wall too.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Tom is here and he made me eat atkins style last night. Rings are tight holding water, but I dont feel guilty at all. Had queso dip and no chips used pork rinds instead. I consider it a win especially compared to the carbage I used to devour for 3 days in the name of Tom. It satisfied my cheesy, crunchy salty craving and I was stuffed on surprisingly not very much. Going to try to hold it together today, hope the cravings are gone for the most part and I cant get back to strict stills.

MMS I hadnt heard there was a big storm, Hope you and yours are safe!

Lets finish out the month strong!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys!

Had a bad weekend, I had 2 baby showers to go to and I made them worth it!

So I am back on track today... I am not weighing for a couple days because if I gained I will eat bad again and if I didn't gain anything I will eat bad because hey I am doing fine!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, Stillies. I am doing well. I don't have anything to say really just hi.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone thanks for the advice, I cant say I am diabetic as I have worked for the same company for 5 years and have lots of friends that work with me so they would know I was lying, could try the 'gluten intolerant' route though.

What has everyone eaten today? I haven't had much - so far only two boiled eggs and its 7.30pm - I am going to have some tuna in a bit.

I got some keto sticks from amazon and they have got a lot darker since yesterday so hopefully I am doing something right
Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC, I woke this morning, looked out of my lounge window and was shocked to see the garden wall had collapsed! 8 foot tall and 30metres plus had come down. It fell into my next door neighbours garden so all the devastation is there side. It took down a couple of small trees with it and lots of shrubs. Had some really beautiful well developed wisteria alongside that wall too.
Oh, dear, that is a shame!!!! Say safe and strong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Tom is here and he made me eat atkins style last night. Rings are tight holding water, but I dont feel guilty at all. Had queso dip and no chips used pork rinds instead. I consider it a win especially compared to the carbage I used to devour for 3 days in the name of Tom. It satisfied my cheesy, crunchy salty craving and I was stuffed on surprisingly not very much. Going to try to hold it together today, hope the cravings are gone for the most part and I cant get back to strict stills.

MMS I hadnt heard there was a big storm, Hope you and yours are safe!

Lets finish out the month strong!
You did well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey guys!

Had a bad weekend, I had 2 baby showers to go to and I made them worth it!

So I am back on track today... I am not weighing for a couple days because if I gained I will eat bad again and if I didn't gain anything I will eat bad because hey I am doing fine!
Quote:
Good morning, Stillies. I am doing well. I don't have anything to say really just hi.
keep the faith girl!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hey everyone thanks for the advice, I cant say I am diabetic as I have worked for the same company for 5 years and have lots of friends that work with me so they would know I was lying, could try the 'gluten intolerant' route though.

What has everyone eaten today? I haven't had much - so far only two boiled eggs and its 7.30pm - I am going to have some tuna in a bit.

I got some keto sticks from amazon and they have got a lot darker since yesterday so hopefully I am doing something right
People find out they are diabetic all the time. If they are 'friends' then why are you worried?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

No one checking in today? End of the month isn't the best time for me with work. It is insane. So I best get back to it. I have two awesome pollock fillets thawing out for dinner. What is everyone else having?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, I think I have stomach flu. I'm making chicken soup. Again. Still on Cipro for the sinus infection.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys, hope everyone is ready for halloween! Tom finally showed up today after giving all the symptoms for the last 2 days, in serious pain had to take painkillers to get out of bed. So not functioning very highly today. Have eaten very little, have gotten my water in cause the pills make me thirsty so thats good, help flush the bloat out.

Take care CC!

Pawp- it is slow in here today.

Everyone hang on best you can and check in when ya get a chance, helps keep us all in line!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Its almost a new month! new beginnings always have me excited!

Its a super busy week for me for school this week so I am not posting much but I should be posting more this weekend and that should keep me more accountable.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Dinner Tonight

I'm having chicken and sugar free ketchup. I have that a lot on stillmans!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

My fish was lovely. I ended up super low on cals today. Too low really. I was just busy and ended up not eating as often as I should. Anyway, too late to eat now. Tomorrow is a new day. May the scale give you each a treat tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
My fish was lovely. I ended up super low on cals today. Too low really. I was just busy and ended up not eating as often as I should. Anyway, too late to eat now. Tomorrow is a new day. May the scale give you each a treat tomorrow.
How do you cook your fish? I sear it and then i eat it with ketchup LOL. I think I eat everything with a little bit of SF Ketchup. Yes and may the scale give you a treat tomorrow as well, pawp!!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone so its day four for me and I am down 8lb's... yay I am so pleased, I know it is water weight but I feel so much less bloated

However yesterday, I had the worse headache all day, I had to take painkillers it got that bad, I am drinking loads of water so hoping this will help.

I cant believe its almost November already....
Old 10-31-2013, 05:41 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I have been off and on plan. Nothing seriously bad but not on plan completely. I am starting a 21 day challenge tomorrow.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

The scale did give me a treat today! I lost over 2 pounds since yesterday! That is 3.6 this week so far. Holy ****! I was having a tough time with meat on Tuesday. I wanted anything but more protein. I must have eaten four sugar free jellos that day. I am so glad I didn't give in. Today is Halloween. I haven't bought any candy. My nephew is coming over after school to hand out my candy. (He just didn't want to go trick-or-treating with his mom!) So when he gets here we are going to go get candy and I told him he has to take it all home with him when he leaves. I can survive this day without chocolate. I can survive this day without chocolate.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

No cramps yet this morn, so feeling pretty good. Feeling like I can get strict stillmans tomorrow which is perfect for the new month. Did higher fat the last couple days to get through. Thought it might help in the bathroom dept too but no such luck yet. Havent gone in days. Been upping my magnesium, Even had some sugar free candy last night to try to help and no such luck.

Next I think I will have to go for the smooth move tea. I have never tried that but geez!Is 1 cup of smooth move usually enough? How quick does it work ?

Congrats Pawp!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No cramps yet this morn, so feeling pretty good. Feeling like I can get strict stillmans tomorrow which is perfect for the new month. Did higher fat the last couple days to get through. Thought it might help in the bathroom dept too but no such luck yet. Havent gone in days. Been upping my magnesium, Even had some sugar free candy last night to try to help and no such luck.

Next I think I will have to go for the smooth move tea. I have never tried that but geez!Is 1 cup of smooth move usually enough? How quick does it work ?

Congrats Pawp!
Glad that you have no cramps yet! I don't use Smooth Move. My husband takes a med that the main side effect is constipation. My pharmacist recommended Senna S. We buy the generic at Wal-Mart. Works wonders. He takes several a day, but I can just take one when I am feeling blocked and the next day I get relief. I'd rather swallow a pill than drink "tea." Then again, I abhor tea. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
How do you cook your fish? I sear it and then i eat it with ketchup LOL. I think I eat everything with a little bit of SF Ketchup. Yes and may the scale give you a treat tomorrow as well, pawp!!
I forgot to answer you earlier! I thaw my fish and then pat it dry. I line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with PAM. I have this awesome seasoning that I love called Cavendar's Greek Seasoning. I can't get it here, but a friend ships me one from Seattle when I am running low. Usually I sprinkle it with that and then bake until done. If I am needing something different I will sprinkle with garlic, salt, and a bit of cayenne. Sometimes I just sprinkle some Ole Bay on it. I am not a lemon pepper fan, but my husband likes that too. If the fish is super wet, I sometimes dump the excess water out of the pan and toss it back in for a few minutes to give it a more seared feel.

This is super easy cleanup. You literally wad the aluminum foil up and throw it away! I just can't stand the fishy smell left in the house. So pan searing is out of the question here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Ugh, I think I have stomach flu. I'm making chicken soup. Again. Still on Cipro for the sinus infection.
I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Hey everyone so its day four for me and I am down 8lb's... yay I am so pleased, I know it is water weight but I feel so much less bloated

However yesterday, I had the worse headache all day, I had to take painkillers it got that bad, I am drinking loads of water so hoping this will help.

I cant believe its almost November already....
Hopefully today is better! If not, tomorrow will be.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
The scale did give me a treat today! I lost over 2 pounds since yesterday! That is 3.6 this week so far. Holy ****! I was having a tough time with meat on Tuesday. I wanted anything but more protein. I must have eaten four sugar free jellos that day. I am so glad I didn't give in. Today is Halloween. I haven't bought any candy. My nephew is coming over after school to hand out my candy. (He just didn't want to go trick-or-treating with his mom!) So when he gets here we are going to go get candy and I told him he has to take it all home with him when he leaves. I can survive this day without chocolate. I can survive this day without chocolate.
You are doing great! Stay strong. You do not need chocolate today!!! It only lasts a few seconds and then it sticks to your rear end. :P I also eat sf jello to try and trick myself into not cheating on something much worse.
Quote:

Congrats Pawp!
I use milk of magnesia when just taking a mag pill doesn't work. I usually get relief within 6 hours if I drink plenty of water with it. I am with paw.. I can not stand tea.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Im back.... Again...

Hi im back again. Not doin well with illness in the family. Went on an emo eating spree. But i always seem to return to stillmans though. Hope it lasts this time. To kickstart i did 3 day protein shakes twice a day that was all i ate. I was feeling peckish most of the time. Geez i though of food constantly while on the liquid diet.

I cant live off liquid i need to chew and flesh for that matter.

Have a great weekend all!
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Shall we get a November thread started? Okay I will go do that...