Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Where is everyone this morning? I was up 0.6 pounds, but I expected that as several of the meats last night had some sauces and plenty of salt. LOL I am not upset at all and am looking forward to the scale to continue to drop after this.

I hope you all have a good day!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Down another 1.6 today. I am out of the 220s again. I think this makes the 200th time. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Good morning everyone. My PMS symptoms have kicked in. I did still lose 0.4 this morning. I hope I can not bite anyone's heads off today or cry over some stupid commercial.
I am dreading when PMS kicks in. I always want to graze on everything. The urge to eat is so overwhelming. I should start coming up with a plan so it does as little damage as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
{{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}} nice loss!

{{{{{{{{{Mar}}}}}}}}}

O, hell, hugs all around.

I finally went to the doc on Monday, this is a sinus infection. I am on Cipro antibiotic and Prednisone steroid. Couldn't sleep last nite, she has me on Zyrtec at nite. Slept in 'til noon. It is finally breaking up, this morning I blew my nose and something came loose instead of being packed solid. I know, TMI.

Bratty, I'm with you on fizzy water, can't stand plain. I'm back on my decaf iced tea with Splenda and lemon.
Thanks! Good to "see" you!I hope the antibiotics are making you feel much better. I have only had one sinus infection... No fun! My husband swears by the netty pot. He thinks it is the best invention since beer. lol I tried to use it once and I was so stuffy the fluid back up and came out my eyes. I was horrified and will never touch it again.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

A woman from my mom's church dropped cookies by. My husband wanted to save them until tomorrow when my nephew comes over. I wanted to eat them so bad that I threw them in the trash. To be sure I didn't pull a George Costanza I took the plastic wrap off and dumped them way down in there. PMS is murder on my willpower. Why can't meat taste like chocolate?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
way to go you guys! you are doing awesome. i dropped one pound this morning. 4 to go and then maybe a couple more after that.

protein today: chicken, eggs, lowfat cheese, shrimp. little yogurt and protein drink. calorie level at 808 and i'm done for the night. will try to go to bed early (like right now!)

so happy to be back here posting with you. It's so much better to stay accountable to people doing the same thing as you.

Great job on throwing that stuff out. i find that to be the very best way of restraining. just get rid of it. don't worry about wasting food-if you eat it, it will hurt you-so get rid of the poison. Eventually that meat tastes a many times better than chocolate. your tastes will change without you even knowing it, and you will love the way you feel so much more than being on the sugar roller coaster.

congrats, bratty! keep it up.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

bratty, PMS is hard on me too. The times that I get through it best, is to just eat with my head. Totally fight and ignore those food cravings. keep telling yourself each minute, that you will eat with your intellect and that it will pass in about a week. I just over correct. Write down what you are going to eat, at what time adn then follow that schedule. don't graze or allow that appetite to get in control of you. it will lie to you and tell you that you need to eat, but you don't. it's all hormones. once that week is through, the water weight starts to fall off and so does my appetite.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

I had naughty dreams last night. In these dreams I ate every "bad" food out there! LOL I woke up thinking, "Oh, good, it was just a dream!" This happens to me every time I eat really strict. It is funny. At least after dreaming about naughty foods, I am no longer craving them.

Shreem, I am not really having a problem with eating this way. It is all PMS. My body convinces my mind that I am missing something that will magically fix all the PMS (or PMDD in my case) symptoms. I know from past experience that none of that junk helps. In fact I think processed carbs make it worse. So I am, as has been said, fighting it in my head. So far Stillman's has one - except in my dreams. And the great thing about dream calories? They don't affect the scale!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Down .4 today. So far so good. I had my fabulous heart palpitations all day yesterday so I know the hormones are on the rise. We are going to Six Flags tomorrow for the Fright Fest. My eating plan is to just have a turkey leg. I've done that in the past and was fine. I will probably stay off the scale as long as I can. I do not want to see the water weight I will have soon. I know it is not a real gain but it still messed with me.

The hubby is down 10 pounds in just 4 days. Makes me sick how fast it falls off him.

Quote:
A woman from my mom's church dropped cookies by. My husband wanted to save them until tomorrow when my nephew comes over. I wanted to eat them so bad that I threw them in the trash. To be sure I didn't pull a George Costanza I took the plastic wrap off and dumped them way down in there. PMS is murder on my willpower. Why can't meat taste like chocolate?
Good job! I would have done the same thing. I can not have junk in the house that will tempt me when I have cravings. Normally I am ok but you add pms to the mix. I WILL eat EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
way to go you guys! you are doing awesome. i dropped one pound this morning. 4 to go and then maybe a couple more after that.

congrats, bratty! keep it up.
Thanks for the advice! Awesome work yourself. Only 4 pounds to go. I can't wait to get that far in my journey.

Quote:
I had naughty dreams last night. In these dreams I ate every "bad" food out there! LOL I woke up thinking, "Oh, good, it was just a dream!" This happens to me every time I eat really strict. It is funny. At least after dreaming about naughty foods, I am no longer craving them.

Shreem, I am not really having a problem with eating this way. It is all PMS. My body convinces my mind that I am missing something that will magically fix all the PMS (or PMDD in my case) symptoms. I know from past experience that none of that junk helps. In fact I think processed carbs make it worse. So I am, as has been said, fighting it in my head. So far Stillman's has one - except in my dreams. And the great thing about dream calories? They don't affect the scale!
LOL I have awoke in a panic because of a binging dream a few times. It is awful. Hang in there! Only a few more days and you will be so happy you did not give in and have to spend a week losing the weight again. I will be telling myself this for the next week.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
not at you, the meat/chocolate statement!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

very good day today. little by little i will get those last four pounds that TOM brought this time. this weight gain is the worst i've had in a long long time. usually a couple pounds, but this was rough.

all chicken that i cooked myself, then a couple low fat jarsberg lite cheese sticks. smaller protein shake. couple pieces sugarfree gum, which i will not have anymore of this week=end, as i'm convinced this gum is really bad for me. diet coke-and splenda in my coffee. few egg whites, with low fat low carb mayo (hellmans lite).
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:

OH MY GOSH that happens to me, too! So Funny!!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I looked up revolution after you said this turns out thats what my dogs are on and I was just confused... I am happy you say its the best, we have so many mosquitoes in Winnipeg its our provincial bird!
Ah yes! Advantage used to be the best until Revolution came out
Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

^^^ yep, use it on my cats, too!

Happy day y'all! What's for breakfast???????
Old 10-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Had 6 inches of snow and the power went out all over town. It was just getting to dinner time and I was caught totally unprepared with no cooked meat. I am up a couple but the power is on and I am back on plan so no long term damage. Glad you all have been well.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

G'moring. Got on the scale anyway and I am down. .6
Monday will be 1 week on plan for me so hopefully the weekend goes smoothly. Hormones are in high gear and my husband fell off plan last night. We are going to Six Flags for the day and my family will be no help keeping me away from fair foods and snacks.

It was interesting last night.. We went grocery shopping while hungry and as much as I was dying to buy things I can't eat, I didn't. I finished quickly and went home to eat a salmon patty. My husband came home and could not shake the need to eat bad things. He bought beer and munched on naughty stuff. I was s proud of my self for staying strong and not caving. I NEVER do that. If he caves I have always used it as a reason to go off to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Had 6 inches of snow and the power went out all over town. It was just getting to dinner time and I was caught totally unprepared with no cooked meat. I am up a couple but the power is on and I am back on plan so no long term damage. Glad you all have been well.
That stinks but it is great you got right back on. I always have boiled eggs and cans of tuna on the ready this time. We got stuck in a hotel to ride out a hurricane once and and all I had to eat was pbjs. They were yummy but killed my diet.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, all. TOM arrived. I have been up 0.4 pounds for three days and that was the same this morning. I wasn't terribly surprised. If that is all the poundage TOM gives me, I will be pretty pleased. Cravings seem to have passed. I am not mentioning my weight again until it starts going down!

Bratty, I am proud of you. My husband is struggling a bit. He keeps wanting things that would be okay on Atkins, but not Stillman's. I am letting him have some of the fattier meats and some of those mini weenies and things like that. He says it has helped him not feel as deprived. (He really wants that pb&j you mentioned. LOL)
Old 10-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to add, I suck at boiling eggs. What is the trick? I have followed the things online (old eggs, boil for a minute, take off heat) and I can do two at time that way. If I do more than two they either end up not done or unpeelable.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I forgot to add, I suck at boiling eggs. What is the trick? I have followed the things online (old eggs, boil for a minute, take off heat) and I can do two at time that way. If I do more than two they either end up not done or unpeelable.
I'm awful at boiling eggs also! The terrible thing about being on Stillman's where I work is that I can't bring food inside to snack on. I work at a prison, so we have to eat from the chow hall and 99% of the time it's all carby stuff which is awful! And then the vending machines, of course, have chips, cookies, and candy. Sometimes there's pork rinds and almonds or peanuts. It's funny to me that the peanuts are labeled as "unhealthy" but the sugar filled Special K bars are labeled as healthy. I notice those things now...
Old 10-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning, all. TOM arrived. I have been up 0.4 pounds for three days and that was the same this morning. I wasn't terribly surprised. If that is all the poundage TOM gives me, I will be pretty pleased. Cravings seem to have passed. I am not mentioning my weight again until it starts going down!

Bratty, I am proud of you. My husband is struggling a bit. He keeps wanting things that would be okay on Atkins, but not Stillman's. I am letting him have some of the fattier meats and some of those mini weenies and things like that. He says it has helped him not feel as deprived. (He really wants that pb&j you mentioned. LOL)
I noticed when I just had my TOM that I didn't bloat or gain nearly as much as I normally do because I did cardio the day before. I was amazed! Usually I gain around 6 lbs during TOM. Also, it really helped with the cramps. But I must say, I HAD to have peanut butter. I was craving chocolate, of course, but I figured PB is the lesser of the two evil on Stillman's.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
^^^ yep, use it on my cats, too!

Happy day y'all! What's for breakfast???????
Sometimes I just have bacon, but since that isn't legal I have chicken with suger free ketchup that I found at walmart.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

are you allowed to take your own snacks that you can eat in the chow room, rather than others places? i try to eat my own food from home. that way i know what is in it. at work we have a wonderful cafe and the price is nearly half of going outside. however, i learned that most of the food is too salty or has spices that can mess things up for me. I usually take my own chicken and eggs for lunch and end up feeling the best on those days.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

had a good stillmans day yesterday. chicken, cheese (1 piece), eggs-mainly whites. Used Hellman Light Mayo, which is 35 calories, 3.5 grams fat, and less than 1 carb. If I were being competely strict, that probably would not be allowed does anyone else use that product?

Walked my dogs lots! About 3-4 hours of walking.

some people I know have gotten these wrists bands that track how many steps you are taking each day. supposedly they even log your movement while you sleep. they all love them. 3 people at work and my sister in law are using them.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

my main goal for this weekend is to limit my splenda. i was using too much. i used about 6 yesterday morning with my coffee and protein shake. This morning I had 1 in my coffee. will try to not have anymore today.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
are you allowed to take your own snacks that you can eat in the chow room, rather than others places? i try to eat my own food from home. that way i know what is in it. at work we have a wonderful cafe and the price is nearly half of going outside. however, i learned that most of the food is too salty or has spices that can mess things up for me. I usually take my own chicken and eggs for lunch and end up feeling the best on those days.
Well we can bring food but we can't bring it inside the institution. We get one break during the entire 12 hours to go eat but we have to go through a lot of security, so it takes most of the break just getting in and out. So it's hard to stay on strictly stillman's. However, when I'm in ketosis it's A LOT easier to stay on plan at work because I'm not hungry!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:50 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
my main goal for this weekend is to limit my splenda. i was using too much. i used about 6 yesterday morning with my coffee and protein shake. This morning I had 1 in my coffee. will try to not have anymore today.
Good job! I also have cut down on my splenda. I have to have it in my coffee, though!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Just .6 above my lowest, hoping to get a new low this week before tom comes knocking. Not much time, going to be super strict and hope it then reduces the carb cravings when he shows up. Didnt get as much water retention last month as I usually do, stillmans seemed to help that alot and less cramps.

Next month will be pushing hard to break into onederland. Man that will be awesome, its also my halfway point.

Mahi for dinner. Schwanns has those great individually packaged and it is so handy. I just sprinkle with lemon pepper and pop in the toaster oven.

How does that reduced hellmans taste compared to regular? I might try that, I love mayo. Maybe I will buy a small one, the others in the house will revolt.

Last edited by MichelleHu; 10-27-2013 at 05:46 AM..
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/165.4/130
WOE: M/E
Sorry I've been MIA guys! I'm having a really hard time sticking to plan, especially this month. I think it's mostly emotional stress due to my recent break up so trying to get my act together but it's been rough! I've done my shopping, so really I just have to stick to plan and go from there. I'm just trying to find ways to keep motivated.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

I haven't used that Hellman's, but I use Duke's on occasion. My Dad's diabetic class told us about it. It is sugar free. There are several options - full fat, low fat, etc. When I sent my husband last time he got the full fat one, but I rarely use it so I figure it's fine. It tastes like mayo - compared to regular, I don't know. I just don't use mayo enough to care anymore.

My niece and nephew visited yesterday. I was drinking my last 10 ounces of water right before bed last night. We did take them and the dogs to the park though. I am definitely getting my water in earlier today!

TOM is still holding that little bit of weight on. Hopefully in the next few days I have some loss to report! Have a good day. I have to get to work!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all, glad to see evryone doing relatively well.

My Doc had me on Prednisone for a week to kick this sinus infection, the course ended Friday night. By last night I felt like a huge bruise, anywhere you touch my skin hurts!! And I feel sooo fatigued!! Any advice?????
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

CC, no advice just sympathy. Does it make you mean too? It makes me EVIL! I hope you feel better very soon. Has it at least helped with the sinus infection?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG thank God it didn't-my Dad was on it and he had anger issues huge, I was only on it for five days thankfully..........but it did give me night eating episodes.

I've been researching all day, working out on a ladder today didn't help, so the good news is I'm going to live.........albeit with an achy breaky body.....hugs