Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
I hardly ever post on here but I'm always here reading. Everyone is so wonderful and supportive and genuine. Thank you, EVERYONE, for your support and for writing about things that I'm not brave enoguh to write about. Y'all are awesome!
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skittles1982
Stats: 5ft 2in- 135/125/115
WOE: Atkins, Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 7 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Could be! We've had issues for a while, and it became a "cycle" in a way. I'd talk to him about my issues, brings up my stuff I'm not doing (the old woman's role thing) and it would go back over and over again with no change! I was becoming miserable, and at times, even bitter. I felt so relieved the day I left, and I'm not even fully moved out yet.

I was happy to get my stepdads puppy into a vet today. I noticed two ticks on him over the weekend, and the one side of his neck is now starting to look a bit infected. I don't think he really understands that dogs need to be bathed, and need to take things like Advantage. So, I gave him a flea/tick bath with just small dog shampoo, and hoping today the vet can get him what he needs to so we can put some Advantage on the poor puppy. He got off his leash a few days ago, and got lost in the woods! Poor thing. I noticed the one tick on his back on Saturday since it had ballooned, but I had never seen a tick before so I had to look up a picture.

I work an awful 12:30-9pm shift the next two days that I did all last week. I'm more of a morning person myself, so I can't wait until I start back up on Wednesday to my normal 8-4:30 shift!
Revoultion is VERY VERY GOOD!!! That's what we used when I worked at a veterinary clinic. I use it on my cats now. It's truly the best defense.
skittles1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/166.8/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: September 7, 2014
Good morning everyone! I'm down 1.6lbs since yesterday mornings weigh in. I ate a turkey/chicken meat loaf, and I couldn't even finish it since I was so full! I'm going to eat it for breakfast this morning, and cook up some ground turkey/chicken to take to work. I have to leave soon to in-process for the Army Reserves. I have to be there by 9AM, so I have to leave the house by 8AM.

The training session I had yesterday was killer. I'm sore EVERYWHERE this morning. I think I'm going to see some great results with this personal trainer!
DAY 1: 191.9lbs
DAY 2: 190.3lbs
Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Oh Bratty -I'm so sorry. Kids can be cruel, we jst had an incident this past week with my DD, quite upsetting. But I am glad you are here, back among great company, make sure you keep checking in and we will make sure you stay on track!

Skittles -Welcome hope you join in often!

IWas -Good for you, doing exactly what you want to do and making it happen. Take a hot bath, ease those muscles.

No loss today for me, but was expecting that- felt really yucky last night. Yucky tummy. Tuna and egg yesterday but then felt so yucky I had a couple handfuls of cranberry trailmix. It actually helped settle the stomach. Not the recommended approach I am sure but not a devastating option either.

More work to do today processing inventory in. Not my favorite job. Off to get more coffee check on ya later!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pawp11
Start Date: 9/30/13
I lost 1.2 since Sunday morning which puts me at the 20.4 pounds total lost with 12 of the being Still's. This is the fastest weight has ever come off me. Ever!

Funny story, I have a group on my Facebook for friends who have had weight issues. They have been with me since everything in 2006 and 2007. So when I decided to lose the weight again, I made this private group where I could post and they could post if they were doing something. I posted yesterday about the week's loss and had three people send me messages asking me what I was doing. It was like an odd three bears reply. One said, "That's too strict." One said, "That's not too bad. I will keep it in mind when I put on 5 or 10 pounds." Another said, "That sounds awesome. I am switching tonight. I just bought a ton of veggies, but I will make a veggie soup and freeze it."

Michelle, sorry about the tummy. I had one of those days last week. I think mine was Crystal Lite.

IWMTW, nice loss and congrats on the awesome training day.

Skittles, glad to have you here. Feel free to join in. Be as open (or not) as you are comfortable with.

Bratty, kids are so cruel. If it wasn't your weight, it would be something else. Losing the weight will be good for all of you in the long run.

Ladybess, I hope the cake weight comes off soon. Sorry it wasn't any good.

My husband wanted Chinese so bad Sunday. I almost gave in and told him we'd go, but then I realized if I was going to eat off plan it better be something awesome! Our Chinese joints suck so, "Uh, no, thank you, dear. If you want to go, go. I am not doing it. And no whining to me when your weight jumps up crazily." One place does have a great design your own hibachi. If I am going to have a fat day, I might agree to that. Shrimp, beef, chicken, egg hibachi sounds pretty decadent, huh?
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
MichelleHu- Thanks and yes, Kids can be awful but I am trying to not let it bother me in a negative way. I am using as motivation. Hope your stomach is better today!

IWasMadeThisWay- Nice loss! Have you had enough energy to do the workouts? I want to walk/run on my treadmill once my body adjusts to the diet change.

pawp11- Good job not going off plan for something that wasn't worth it. My husband is doing Stills with me and I am the one always trying to go off plan and he tells me no. lol

I love the mixed reactions I get when I tell people what diet I do. Most people think I am crazy for trying to eat this way. I can say I feel my nest when I am on plan. No bloating or tummy issues. I feel slimmer!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
MichelleHu- Thanks and yes, Kids can be awful but I am trying to not let it bother me in a negative way. I am using as motivation. Hope your stomach is better today!

IWasMadeThisWay- Nice loss! Have you had enough energy to do the workouts? I want to walk/run on my treadmill once my body adjusts to the diet change.

pawp11- Good job not going off plan for something that wasn't worth it. My husband is doing Stills with me and I am the one always trying to go off plan and he tells me no. lol

I love the mixed reactions I get when I tell people what diet I do. Most people think I am crazy for trying to eat this way. I can say I feel my nest when I am on plan. No bloating or tummy issues. I feel slimmer!
I don't tell most ppl exactly what I am doing because I get so many that's unhealthy or you can't do that long term remarks! or I lie and say yeah I eat some veggies.. stupid I know but I can get talked out of things so easily that I just try and avoid most of the conversations.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Mar, I get the stress thing and the panic attacks thing. I lost 100 pounds 2006. In 2007 we were in a horrible accident and my husband was left disabled. I suffered from panic attacks for over three years. I only get them rarely now. Add in the lawsuit because the girl that hit us waited almost two years to admit it was her fault, the medical debt, the disability filing and, well, I put that weight back on over about five years. My mom passed completely unexpectedly in January of this year. I packed on more weight following that. There was a lot of other horrible stuff in there as well, but the end result is here I am at my highest weight ever and finally getting back on a plan to help myself.

My dogs are a 40 pound feist (in my avi), a 17 pound pug mix, and an 11 pound chihuahua mix. The last two came from a local rescue. The pug was dumped with a litter of pups. The chi had flea allergy dermatitis so bad that he had no fur when the rescue pulled him. The feist was handed to my husband by two kids at a flea market. "Mom won't let us keep it." She was all eyes and ears and 3 pounds and full of roundworms. Vet said one more day and she probably wouldn't have made it. I love my mutts! :P
That sounds like you had a really rough last few years.. I am sorry you had to go through all that. Good for you for helping yourself though and not have it continue to bother you... Thats my problem..

I love all my mutts to! you sound like you have quite the mix!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
Revoultion is VERY VERY GOOD!!! That's what we used when I worked at a veterinary clinic. I use it on my cats now. It's truly the best defense.
I looked up revolution after you said this turns out thats what my dogs are on and I was just confused... I am happy you say its the best, we have so many mosquitoes in Winnipeg its our provincial bird!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hello to all the old friends I have on here and hello to all the new names I see.

I feel like such a failure. I am so sick of losing the same 25 pounds over and over again for SIX years. So what has changed today? My kids...

Growing up I HATED anyone seeing how fat my mom was. It was so embarrassing. I of course felt terrible about how I felt growing up but when I gained weight 7 years ago I swore I would lose it before it bothered my kids.

Well now it is too late. My poor son who is 7 came home upset because he got teased today at school because his mom is "So fat she is going to die".

My children should not have to suffer because of my bad choices and low will power. It makes me so sad and angry at the same time.

Today it ends...Today is day one and I will not fail this time.
That is not nice! Tell your son to tell his friend... "My mum may be fat but your mum is ugly!" I'm joking of course but it's tempting!! Do what you are doing and let it be a motivator for you. Then When you reach goal go get yourself the tightest pair of jeans you can find and hang out in the playground at home time.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty's I was thinking about sodium today. I've never used much salt so have never consciously cut it down or out as I've always lost. Think I'm going to give it a few days with absolutely zero amount and see if anything changes. Its all very odd! I'm scared to go near the scale because I don't want to upset myself. I keep telling myself that I m losing in the hope it will make a difference somehow!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles1982 View Post
I hardly ever post on here but I'm always here reading. Everyone is so wonderful and supportive and genuine. Thank you, EVERYONE, for your support and for writing about things that I'm not brave enoguh to write about. Y'all are awesome!
Hello Skittles, post away....the more the merrier!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I'm down 1.6lbs since yesterday mornings weigh in. I ate a turkey/chicken meat loaf, and I couldn't even finish it since I was so full! I'm going to eat it for breakfast this morning, and cook up some ground turkey/chicken to take to work. I have to leave soon to in-process for the Army Reserves. I have to be there by 9AM, so I have to leave the house by 8AM.

The training session I had yesterday was killer. I'm sore EVERYWHERE this morning. I think I'm going to see some great results with this personal trainer!
DAY 1: 191.9lbs
DAY 2: 190.3lbs
Well done Iwas, that's great! What's in that meat loaf of yours? They are not big here in the UK. I don't think I know a single soul who makes them.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

GT, I've never seen Downton, not because I do not like it but because I just never hot round to seeing it. Maybe I should give it a go.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

So, I will be completely salt free as of tomorrow. I'll weigh on Thursday and see if it makes any difference. I've not even touched a drop of diet soda for two days. I'm trying everything!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I don't tell most ppl exactly what I am doing because I get so many that's unhealthy or you can't do that long term remarks! or I lie and say yeah I eat some veggies.. stupid I know but I can get talked out of things so easily that I just try and avoid most of the conversations.
LOL I am the opposite. It makes me bratty and gives me the drive to prove them wrong and me right. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
That is not nice! Tell your son to tell his friend... "My mum may be fat but your mum is ugly!" I'm joking of course but it's tempting!! Do what you are doing and let it be a motivator for you. Then When you reach goal go get yourself the tightest pair of jeans you can find and hang out in the playground at home time.
I told my son. "I would rather be a fat mom than a mom with a rude little brat for a son." He laughed.
Good for you! No salt or soda!!! I would die. Salt and salty spices are one of the few things that make my protein edible.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Jumped on the scale this morning and I am down for a total of 5lb! I can not tell you how happy and relieved I am. I was going to cut out all sodium today but now that things are moving I'll just lower it a little. I've not had a any soda I in a few days....maybe that helped get things moving? I'm not going to reintroduce it just in case it was the problem. It has never been an issue for me before whilst doing Stills but I don't want to risk it. It was hard cutting it out at first but now I'm kind of use to drinking sparkling water. I know there is an idea out there that fizzy water is bad for you but I prefer ii over still. I wouldn't say the sodium is a problem. Any views?

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-23-2013 at 12:59 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL I am the opposite. It makes me bratty and gives me the drive to prove them wrong and me right. :P

I told my son. "I would rather be a fat mom than a mom with a rude little brat for a son." He laughed.
Good for you! No salt or soda!!! I would die. Salt and salty spices are one of the few things that make my protein edible.
Oh bless your son.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well done Iwas, that's great! What's in that meat loaf of yours? They are not big here in the UK. I don't think I know a single soul who makes them.
Just ground turkey and ground chicken. I don't even bother with eggs because it comes out so moist as it is. I just season it to my liking and watch it in the oven. Comes out really good!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've only really started the personal training, but I haven't noticed any major energy crashes. I'm going to be doing that 3x a week for 30 minutes. I'm starting back this morning to my normal shift hours, so hoping on Tues/Thurs to do more cardio. I notice losses slow down with cardio, including inches. But with strength training and such, I do great! But, I would like at least two days of 30 minutes of cardio. My gym offers cycling classes, so I'm thinking about doing that once a week, and on one of the other days, just do what I want for half an hour. On Mon/Wed/Fri I strictly stick to 10 min warmup of cardio, and personal I'm probably going to include a 5 day a week ab workout.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! I'm back up to 191.9lbs! Because I had to be out the door basically an hour after I woke up to go to Army Reserves, and had to head to work after, I didn't have time to prepare my meals! Ugh, so back to it today.

An early personal training session this morning, then I have to immediately head to work. Yikes! Either than that, my boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, where ever we stand at this moment, is coming over tonight to finally talk. I want things to end, and I'm not really sure what he is going to say really. His lack of reaction since I have been staying at my family friends house, is kind of, surprising. Hasn't even tried calling or texting at all. In ways, validates that I'm doing the right thing. I just want to focus on losing weight (esp since I'm on a time table for the Reserves!) and next semester I will be full-time again.

It looks like breakfast will be a egg cream w/ three eggs, 1 cup unsweeteed almond milk and 1tbsp flax seed oil, a can of Tyson chicken for lunch, and I have some chicken I can bake when I get home from work. Very lean meats. I'm thinking the reason people do so well with eating fish, is the omega fats added in. I'm not a fish eater, so I figured a tbsp of flax oil should still help me with that. It also helps keeps things "moving" lol.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've only really started the personal training, but I haven't noticed any major energy crashes. I'm going to be doing that 3x a week for 30 minutes. I'm starting back this morning to my normal shift hours, so hoping on Tues/Thurs to do more cardio. I notice losses slow down with cardio, including inches. But with strength training and such, I do great! But, I would like at least two days of 30 minutes of cardio. My gym offers cycling classes, so I'm thinking about doing that once a week, and on one of the other days, just do what I want for half an hour. On Mon/Wed/Fri I strictly stick to 10 min warmup of cardio, and personal I'm probably going to include a 5 day a week ab workout.
It strange isn't it?! How cardio can slow loss including inches! I'm avoiding working out for a while bc I am trying to reach goal by a certain date. I've not felt this motivated about working out in ages too....typical! I wonder if a few arm exercises with weights and some sit-ups will be ok? It's not cardio so I would have thought so.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-23-2013 at 02:44 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just ground turkey and ground chicken. I don't even bother with eggs because it comes out so moist as it is. I just season it to my liking and watch it in the oven. Comes out really good!
Does it hold together?
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning all! I'm back up to 191.9lbs! Because I had to be out the door basically an hour after I woke up to go to Army Reserves, and had to head to work after, I didn't have time to prepare my meals! Ugh, so back to it today.

An early personal training session this morning, then I have to immediately head to work. Yikes! Either than that, my boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, where ever we stand at this moment, is coming over tonight to finally talk. I want things to end, and I'm not really sure what he is going to say really. His lack of reaction since I have been staying at my family friends house, is kind of, surprising. Hasn't even tried calling or texting at all. In ways, validates that I'm doing the right thing. I just want to focus on losing weight (esp since I'm on a time table for the Reserves!) and next semester I will be full-time again.

It looks like breakfast will be a egg cream w/ three eggs, 1 cup unsweeteed almond milk and 1tbsp flax seed oil, a can of Tyson chicken for lunch, and I have some chicken I can bake when I get home from work. Very lean meats. I'm thinking the reason people do so well with eating fish, is the omega fats added in. I'm not a fish eater, so I figured a tbsp of flax oil should still help me with that. It also helps keeps things "moving" lol.
Sorry to hear that. At least you are straight back on it. Have you considered what you will do should you ever get caught out again? Are there any LC foods you can buy on the go? Deli meat, tuna etc?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Starting day 3 today and was down 5 pounds. Also in ketosis already.

Quote:
Jumped on the scale this morning and I am down for a total of 5lb! I can not tell you how happy and relieved I am. I was going to cut out all sodium today but now that things are moving I'll just lower it a little. I've not had a any soda I in a few days....maybe that helped get things moving? I'm not going to reintroduce it just in case it was the problem. It has never been an issue for me before whilst doing Stills but I don't want to risk it. It was hard cutting it out at first but now I'm kind of use to drinking sparkling water. I know there is an idea out there that fizzy water is bad for you but I prefer ii over still. I wouldn't say the sodium is a problem. Any views?
Awesome number. I think salt can cause vary degrees of water bloat but I do not think it effects weight loss. At least it doesn't for me. THe soda would slow me down. Anything with fake sugar does. I still have watered down crystal light but I can not stand plain water all the time.
Quote:

Get right back on and you will be fine. Sorry about your BF situation. Do what is best for you.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. My PMS symptoms have kicked in. I did still lose 0.4 this morning. I hope I can not bite anyone's heads off today or cry over some stupid commercial.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}} nice loss!

{{{{{{{{{Mar}}}}}}}}}

O, hell, hugs all around.

I finally went to the doc on Monday, this is a sinus infection. I am on Cipro antibiotic and Prednisone steroid. Couldn't sleep last nite, she has me on Zyrtec at nite. Slept in 'til noon. It is finally breaking up, this morning I blew my nose and something came loose instead of being packed solid. I know, TMI.

Bratty, I'm with you on fizzy water, can't stand plain. I'm back on my decaf iced tea with Splenda and lemon.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Pawp, screw them, let her rip tater chip!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

I didn't kill anybody. I did fuss at a few though. My niece and nephew rode the bus here and we all went out to eat to celebrate both being on the honor roll. It was fun. I ate too much, but still did really well I think.

Note to all, be careful taking Pamprin multi-symptom while doing this diet. I almost passed out TWICE today and have had vertigo even laying in bed. I looked it up and it's a normal side effect. I had never experienced it before, but I am guessing it is the combo of this WOE and the Pamprin. Just a warning. I decided the Pamprin wasn't worth it. Since I took the last one this morning, I have been fine since about two hours ago with no symptoms. I am pretty positive it was the Pamprin.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
so TOM came and did damage. I always seem to gain 5 to 7 pounds at this time and i did. but now it's over, so today it was chicken, some low fat cheese, one piece of regular cheese, eggs, turkey breast, shrimp and a protein shake. lots and lots of protein, but only about 900 calories. i usually have to go way low on my calories to get it moving back into the right direction. i logged everything into ******. i had some SF trident gum, which is not so good for me, but i'm doing a lot at work now and a bit nervous. keeps my mouth busy. i take my food with me to work and store in the fridge. will have to take some cheese sticks as a snack. tomorrow i will shoot for about 850 calories, in mostly protein and some fat-but not very much fat. when you eat all protein, then the hunger pretty muchs start to go away and i find that lower calories is not hard at all. i swim everyday before work for 20 minutes, and then i come home and walk my dogs for around 45 minutes to an hour. I walk them that much again at night. when the weather is warm we go much longer than that.

I am the same with exercise stalling weight loss. If I stay out of the pool for over a week i will shrink by 5 pounds. I'm very small now, so I don't need to shrink, but the exercise does make me feel much much healthier, so I can't not swim. but many times, if I was having a stubborn couple pounds, if i just stopped exercising, it would start to come off again.

Last edited by Shreem; 10-23-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote