Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I just got lazy in my old age!! Ha!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh and look up her Crossfire on YT too!! Was tired just watching!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Did my tabatasice--might actually die!!!! But boy have i forgotten what a high hard exercise gives me!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
That carb count on your turkey might have something to do with the solution they inject into nearly all the turkey and chicken these days. I have a whole bird in my freezer I can check the count on that but I am sure its not a no hormone/no solution/natural bird.

Down half a pound, thankful its moving. Off to boil some eggs.....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
I checked my whole bird but it gives the count with the dumb gravy, 6 carbs. It has an 8% solution in it. Husband saw some roast beef at the store the other day that had a 25% solution in it, geez all those chemicals. I hate that solution, I can smell it and taste it.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Mms, I am sorry you are struggling to lose. I don't have any ideas about what could be causing it. Hidden carbs suck! I am sure Michelle is right and it is that solution. I was planning to buy some today. I will be sure to check that although it never occurred to me before! I really hope you see a big drop tomorrow!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
I am having a great Stillman's week! For those of you who have done Stillman's before, how much do the losses slow? Or do they? I realize an individual's mileage may vary.

I have no events I can't avoid or eat at home before the event until Christmas. And even Christmas probably won't be a big deal. My sister is cooking and she doesn't mind if I bring my own or making something special for me. So I could conceivably stick to this to the T until well into next year. If I continue to see these kinds of results that will be very easy!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
I have slower times of the month regarding losses but they average out in the end. Started the beginning of last month, But had already been doing a lower fat version of atkins, lost 10 last month and 8 so far this month. Mind you I dont lose before or during Tom so that kills a week and ovulation time is also a standstill. I have also had planned excursions, not a cheat, they are planned. Dh just called and asked when do we get wine night and I said baby I am dying for 1 too but Last week when things were barely moving I promised myself I would hit 210 before I could have a wine night. So I have to get now 2 more off before we can indulge. Our wine night kinda works like a refeed too. I know the next day I am going to hold onto every ounce that goes in and am quite often up 5 lbs, by the end of the day after wine night -that next day I pick something special or 2 that I have been super craving and I have it, but then after that right back on stills and in 2 days sometimes 3 if its the wrong time of the month all that water weight is gone.

So even not being the perfect Stillmans follower I am averaging 10 lbs a month and am happy with that. I have to make it work for me or I just wont work it at all. I havent had a problem getting right back on plan, you know a little hungrier the first couple days but I know its coming and can handle it.

If I was a good girl I know I could be down a few more lbs but I am not- I am a bad girl at heart and DH and I have so much fun on wine nights I am not giving that up, the stress release and laughs.

By the way I picked up some no sugar sweet relish- its made with splenda- and since I am having a total tuna day ( hoping to get to wine night sooner!)put that in and I thought it was delish. Not as good as regular sweet relish but its a good substitute and helps the tuna go down for me.

Ahh geez I wrote a book, hopefully the long-timers can be of more help that I am.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Michelle, thanks for that! That was what I needed to hear. I am planning a trip next year. My options to go are April or September. While I would rather go sooner, I want to be at a much more comfortable weight. Flying is such a chore at a heavier weight. This trip would involve three separate flight days with connecting flights on all but one. I think I am going to assume it will be September considering the number I have to lose. I will decide in March, I guess! LOL Besides September will give me longer to save up so I can have a really awesome time, right?

My planned off day took 5 days to get back off! Ugh! I am going to try to avoid them for all it's worth. I am adding that sugar free relish to my list. Dh threw out the last batch of tuna. LOL
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I just got lazy in my old age!! Ha!!
You, lazy? Never!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh and look up her Crossfire on YT too!! Was tired just watching!
Putting it on the list. Hopefully I'll get 5 mins soon.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I checked my whole bird but it gives the count with the dumb gravy, 6 carbs. It has an 8% solution in it. Husband saw some roast beef at the store the other day that had a 25% solution in it, geez all those chemicals. I hate that solution, I can smell it and taste it.


Thanks for checking Michelle. Solution?!! Never heard of that ....sounds disgusting!! Makes me want to go back to only eating organic but at the rate I'm eating meat it would be expensive.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Mms, I am sorry you are struggling to lose. I don't have any ideas about what could be causing it. Hidden carbs suck! I am sure Michelle is right and it is that solution. I was planning to buy some today. I will be sure to check that although it never occurred to me before! I really hope you see a big drop tomorrow!
Thanks Pawp, it's so frustrating when you are doing everything right. Let's hope the fairy pays me a visit soon.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am having a great Stillman's week! For those of you who have done Stillman's before, how much do the losses slow? Or do they? I realize an individual's mileage may vary.

I have no events I can't avoid or eat at home before the event until Christmas. And even Christmas probably won't be a big deal. My sister is cooking and she doesn't mind if I bring my own or making something special for me. So I could conceivably stick to this to the T until well into next year. If I continue to see these kinds of results that will be very easy!
So you are the one who kidnapped the fairy!! Lol! Glad you are having a good week. Keep it up. In the past I guess I lost up to 4lbs a week when the weight slowed down. Everyone is different and of course how much you eat and how active you are is an important factor.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-20-2013 at 12:20 PM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I have slower times of the month regarding losses but they average out in the end. Started the beginning of last month, But had already been doing a lower fat version of atkins, lost 10 last month and 8 so far this month. Mind you I dont lose before or during Tom so that kills a week and ovulation time is also a standstill. I have also had planned excursions, not a cheat, they are planned. Dh just called and asked when do we get wine night and I said baby I am dying for 1 too but Last week when things were barely moving I promised myself I would hit 210 before I could have a wine night. So I have to get now 2 more off before we can indulge. Our wine night kinda works like a refeed too. I know the next day I am going to hold onto every ounce that goes in and am quite often up 5 lbs, by the end of the day after wine night -that next day I pick something special or 2 that I have been super craving and I have it, but then after that right back on stills and in 2 days sometimes 3 if its the wrong time of the month all that water weight is gone.

So even not being the perfect Stillmans follower I am averaging 10 lbs a month and am happy with that. I have to make it work for me or I just wont work it at all. I havent had a problem getting right back on plan, you know a little hungrier the first couple days but I know its coming and can handle it.

If I was a good girl I know I could be down a few more lbs but I am not- I am a bad girl at heart and DH and I have so much fun on wine nights I am not giving that up, the stress release and laughs.

By the way I picked up some no sugar sweet relish- its made with splenda- and since I am having a total tuna day ( hoping to get to wine night sooner!)put that in and I thought it was delish. Not as good as regular sweet relish but its a good substitute and helps the tuna go down for me.

Ahh geez I wrote a book, hopefully the long-timers can be of more help that I am.
Good for you that you still have your wine nights. I think that is a great way to do things and you are still losing so that is fab.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Mms---do you watch Downton? Just watched! Love Bates! And as for Maggie Smith, priceless!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
eek DH had a leg cramp episode last night and I was downing vodka at 4 am to get back to sleep, slept til nine :O O bad me

Solstice for Caliber sounds good, I've never sold a part for a Caliber so they must be reliable!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member
 
IWasMadeThisWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 282
Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
Good morning everyone! Joining in on Stillman's.

I've been trying to get on board for a few days now, but I'm in the middle of a break up that hasn't been going so well. :/ I moved out the Friday before last, but not fully out thinking he'd get his act tofether. He was interested in talking about things, but so far I'm the one pursuing! I haven't heard squat from him. Considering he had asked me to marry him and everything and we have been together for almost 2 1/2 years, this is a very surprising lack of a reaction from him. He was supposed to stop by Saturday, and basically blew me off. Ugh. Trying to keep my head focused and work on this weight! I am on a deadline due to my Army Reserve status. I was 187lbs at the beginning of the month, and now I'm around 192lbs.

I made a turkey/chicken meat loaf last night that I'll eat through out the day today. For now, I'm chugging down some very cold water to try and get some water in before I start drinking my coffee. I have my first personal training session today, so I'm really looking forward to it!

DAY 1: 191.9lbs
__________________
A year from now, you would have wished you started today.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
eek IWMTW hate to see you sad but maybe this is the divine plan?? I test drove mine for 29 years before I married him.....
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member
 
IWasMadeThisWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 282
Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Stats: 203/157/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
eek IWMTW hate to see you sad but maybe this is the divine plan?? I test drove mine for 29 years before I married him.....
Could be! We've had issues for a while, and it became a "cycle" in a way. I'd talk to him about my issues, brings up my stuff I'm not doing (the old woman's role thing) and it would go back over and over again with no change! I was becoming miserable, and at times, even bitter. I felt so relieved the day I left, and I'm not even fully moved out yet.

I was happy to get my stepdads puppy into a vet today. I noticed two ticks on him over the weekend, and the one side of his neck is now starting to look a bit infected. I don't think he really understands that dogs need to be bathed, and need to take things like Advantage. So, I gave him a flea/tick bath with just small dog shampoo, and hoping today the vet can get him what he needs to so we can put some Advantage on the poor puppy. He got off his leash a few days ago, and got lost in the woods! Poor thing. I noticed the one tick on his back on Saturday since it had ballooned, but I had never seen a tick before so I had to look up a picture.

I work an awful 12:30-9pm shift the next two days that I did all last week. I'm more of a morning person myself, so I can't wait until I start back up on Wednesday to my normal 8-4:30 shift!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Oh Iwas I hope things settle down soon. Glad you had somewhere to go tho!

All our animals are on advantage it really works great. Supposed to do it every month but we usually go 2 months between and never have a problem. Thats just me cause I dont like dosing them with poison so often, seems fine, no ticks or fleas.

Snowed here last night, got about 2 inches, yuck. Its winter officially, I was trying to be in denial of winter.

But I am down a full lb this morn. woohoo thank you whoosh fairy!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 10-21-2013 at 05:49 AM..
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
What an awesome weight loss week! I am down 19.2 pounds total. That equals a 3.4 lb loss this week! DH is down a total of 16.6 lbs, which is 4 lbs this week alone! If the scale keeps moving like that, this will be no problem at all!

Thanks, CC. I really hope it works out. I might have pushed my luck on the deal, but I think I am going to hold firm. I was hoping to get it done today though as I don't have to work this morning. Sigh.
IWMTW, so sorry it is so tough. I was really hoping you'd be feeling better this week. Chicken/turkey meatloaf? Just meat and egg and spcies? I might try that. My pups are on Revolution. No problems with fleas. It does fleas and heart worm, not ticks. So when we go to visit the MIL, we have to check them over really carefully. Ticks are a huge problem at her place. I pulled one off my nephew. I felt one crawl up my calf and flicked it off. We got two off the pug, one off the chihuahua, and one off the fiest. I am not sure I will ever take them back there. Truth is I don't ever want to go back. LOL
Michelle, yay for 1 lb!!!! Boo on the snow!
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Wow Pawp WTG! DH is on the wagon too, boy I bet thats nice having someone else right there with ya. I had to watch my DH chow down on potato chips last night and I dont even like potato chips but watching him gave me a bad attitude.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
It is so much easier. He has a severe leg injury from an auto accident we had in 2007. Every extra pound is like 5+ pounds on that leg. He was really depressed this past year and put on far more weight than he should have. His doctor has been fussing for a while. He wants to stand-up paddleboard next spring and summer. So if he is going to be able to do that, he needs to lose another 57 lbs to get where he feels decent. I guess something clicked this time because he hasn't brought a cheeseburger home. (That is what he has done every other plan rather than saying I don't want to do this anymore.) He hasn't even mentioned anything other than that he misses going out to eat. He says he isn't hungry at all. I can't get him to drink plain water, but he is okay with Crystal Lite. I decided that battle could wait until we see if his losses stall. I am really proud of him sticking to this. He was a true carb fiend before- breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Mms--i haven't done Insanity in a looooong time!! I've been so bad with exercise. Did cathe Friedrich Tabatacise last week and nearly collapsed!! Ha!! Gonna do it today tho. I really need to tone up-av wobbly thighs!! Started Tracey Anderson and Callanetics and i find they work quickly!!
Just had a look a Xtrain tabatasice!! I love it!!! Def gonna buy that one. I have always loved step, have had one for years. I get great result with it so the fact that it incorporates the box is great for me. I still have my box from when it was popular in the 90's. So glad you mentioned it. Love the way you can break it up if you wish. Going on Amazon to get a copy. I like Cathe too. You know when you have a good workout vid and the trainer is annoying and it puts you off doing it....not getting that with her.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh and look up her Crossfire on YT too!! Was tired just watching!
Looks great! Something I would definitely have to build up too!!! What are those disc things called that you put on your feet when doing press ups? Wanna get me some of those! I actually feel excited about working out again!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
This is gonna be super long! sorry! I just wanna catch up with everyone in 1 post!

Today is my first day back... I made deviled eggs and a bunch of HB eggs yesterday. I went to the farmers market last weekend and bough a flat of 30 eggs forgetting I already had 18 in my fridge so I need o eat lots of eggs and stills is the way to do that.

I went to the farmers market again this week and got some bison. I wanted to get some free range chicken too but they were out

Yuck! I know about lots of that stuff (but not all) I am so excited to get back to my clean eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MAR I know all too well what anxiety attacks can do......deep breaths and praying helps.
Yeah they suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai1913 View Post
Currently, I am 182lbs from beginning weight of 198 lbs. It seems as though the closer I get to moving from the eighties the more I want to indulge in the not so good for me foods. I need to get over this self destructive behavior. Any suggestions as to how I can self motivate and make myself refocus when temptation and self destructive behaviors emerge? Any advice you wish to share would be greatly appreciated.

Good releases to you all!!
Have you tried taking measurements instead of just checking the scale. I know that helped me in the past. I get really stuck on the scale too but tha has helped me in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
Good morning. Well, it is morning. Between my dogs and trying to decide if I want to trade my car in today, I can't sleep! I decided to quit torturing everyone and just get up. Good news? I am down another pound. I seriously hope this continues.

I hope you all slept better than I did, and I hope I get to take a nap at some point today. LOL
What type of dogs do you have? I have 4 if you include my foster dogs they range in size from 9 lbs - 109 lbs (he is my avatar) they always climb back in bed after going out its very frustrating when all I wanna do is go back to bed too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
This is exactly why I don't weigh daily...
Ok, so Friday ( day 5 I believe) I decided to weigh myself. I'd stuck to plan, was peeing non stop (a sign of losing for me) even waking up to 4 times in the night to go. I was sure I had lost weight. Stomach was less bloated and I just felt and still feel generally lighter. Hopped on the fit board and I was only down by 1 pound? I can not tell you how upset this made me. I know this diet inside out, I know it works for me and I know that after the first 5 days I have always managed to drop at least 5lbs. The next day, after another night of waking 3 or 4 times just to use the toilet I jumped on the scale and saw it go down by 2, so a total loss of 3 in 6 days. Not great for me but I was glad to see things were moving in the right direction. I continued peeing a ridiculous amount throughout the day and all through the night....jumped on the scale this morning and I'm up 1lb. I am seriously pissed! If I don't make my goal or at least come close I won't attend the event that I am desperately trying to fit into a gown for. Some of you may not understand that but that is just the way it is. I won't go if I'm over weight. 2lb in 7 days is not great for me. Stillman's has always done what it claims to do where my past losses are concerned. I can only hope it has something to do with all this peeing which is still continuing. Maybe my body is still holding on to large amounts of water despite the fact I'm going a lot. I've been four times in the last hour! I'm not worried about diabetes as the issue started on beginning the diet. It has always happened in the past but not for as many days and of course in the past I would be losing a fair bit of weight too. Am I ranting?!
How has your salt intake been? I know sometimes I pee a ton and think I will have great losses but all the salt makes me hold on to the weight. You have been doing this longer than me so I am sure you have checked this but it was a thought. I was eating a lot of chicken and not losing quickly and it turned out I had accidentally bought "seasoned" chicken which I think just means soaked in salt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I checked my whole bird but it gives the count with the dumb gravy, 6 carbs. It has an 8% solution in it. Husband saw some roast beef at the store the other day that had a 25% solution in it, geez all those chemicals. I hate that solution, I can smell it and taste it.
There are so many additives in food not it hurts my heart! mostly figuratively but I am sure it is also doing some literal damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I am having a great Stillman's week! For those of you who have done Stillman's before, how much do the losses slow? Or do they? I realize an individual's mileage may vary.

I have no events I can't avoid or eat at home before the event until Christmas. And even Christmas probably won't be a big deal. My sister is cooking and she doesn't mind if I bring my own or making something special for me. So I could conceivably stick to this to the T until well into next year. If I continue to see these kinds of results that will be very easy!
My losses slowed after a the first couple weeks and slowed a lot after 1.5 months. I lost 30 lbs in 1.5 months and I continued to lose very slowly after that and I found it frustrating so I just decided I would maintain at that weight.
...
and I did until vacations, I would gain but not lose 10 lbs I could have lost if I did stills for like a week but I kept having the mind set well is only 10 lbs and after a few vacations I was up 25 lbs! so I went back onnstills and lost it and maintained and then stress took over and I am having a hard time with everything!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks for checking Michelle. Solution?!! Never heard of that ....sounds disgusting!! Makes me want to go back to only eating organic but at the rate I'm eating meat it would be expensive.
I would love to eat only organic but we would go broke with all the meet I am eating and organic meat is so expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Good morning everyone! Joining in on Stillman's.

I've been trying to get on board for a few days now, but I'm in the middle of a break up that hasn't been going so well. :/ I moved out the Friday before last, but not fully out thinking he'd get his act tofether. He was interested in talking about things, but so far I'm the one pursuing! I haven't heard squat from him. Considering he had asked me to marry him and everything and we have been together for almost 2 1/2 years, this is a very surprising lack of a reaction from him. He was supposed to stop by Saturday, and basically blew me off. Ugh. Trying to keep my head focused and work on this weight! I am on a deadline due to my Army Reserve status. I was 187lbs at the beginning of the month, and now I'm around 192lbs.

I made a turkey/chicken meat loaf last night that I'll eat through out the day today. For now, I'm chugging down some very cold water to try and get some water in before I start drinking my coffee. I have my first personal training session today, so I'm really looking forward to it!

DAY 1: 191.9lbs
Maybe just take this as a chance to really focus on yourself? thats how I found stills the first time I was going through a breakup and I just wanted to make myself feel good.. and maybe I wanted to look good to rub it in his face just a little haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Could be! We've had issues for a while, and it became a "cycle" in a way. I'd talk to him about my issues, brings up my stuff I'm not doing (the old woman's role thing) and it would go back over and over again with no change! I was becoming miserable, and at times, even bitter. I felt so relieved the day I left, and I'm not even fully moved out yet.

I was happy to get my stepdads puppy into a vet today. I noticed two ticks on him over the weekend, and the one side of his neck is now starting to look a bit infected. I don't think he really understands that dogs need to be bathed, and need to take things like Advantage. So, I gave him a flea/tick bath with just small dog shampoo, and hoping today the vet can get him what he needs to so we can put some Advantage on the poor puppy. He got off his leash a few days ago, and got lost in the woods! Poor thing. I noticed the one tick on his back on Saturday since it had ballooned, but I had never seen a tick before so I had to look up a picture.

I work an awful 12:30-9pm shift the next two days that I did all last week. I'm more of a morning person myself, so I can't wait until I start back up on Wednesday to my normal 8-4:30 shift!
I do dog rescue and we use Ivomec or Ivomectin( its a diluted form of Ivomec) and its a bit cheaper for ppl who think they don't wanna spend 120 on "dog pills" Not sure if you have it in the US but i would think you would

I use advantage for my dogs and my one dog has to take the pills for a 100 lb dog and a 10 lb dog because they don't make it for his size and its expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
It is so much easier. He has a severe leg injury from an auto accident we had in 2007. Every extra pound is like 5+ pounds on that leg. He was really depressed this past year and put on far more weight than he should have. His doctor has been fussing for a while. He wants to stand-up paddleboard next spring and summer. So if he is going to be able to do that, he needs to lose another 57 lbs to get where he feels decent. I guess something clicked this time because he hasn't brought a cheeseburger home. (That is what he has done every other plan rather than saying I don't want to do this anymore.) He hasn't even mentioned anything other than that he misses going out to eat. He says he isn't hungry at all. I can't get him to drink plain water, but he is okay with Crystal Lite. I decided that battle could wait until we see if his losses stall. I am really proud of him sticking to this. He was a true carb fiend before- breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
My BF always brings all the bad crap home whenever I am dieting I don't think he does it on purpose and he is fairly healthy except he doesn't eat enough protein in my opinion but whenever I diet its almost a guantee he will bring home a case of cookies!

Also, he can live off only carbs and he stills has a pretty good body... he doesn't work out anymore so he's just getting skinnier like really?!? He eats all carbs doesn't do anything exercise wise, he has a desk job now and he is losing weight! its Infuriating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Looks great! Something I would definitely have to build up too!!! What are those disc things called that you put on your feet when doing press ups? Wanna get me some of those! I actually feel excited about working out again!
I want to enjoy working out again! I should get my rebounder out instead of using it as a dog gate! haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member
 
pawp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 130
Gallery: pawp11
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/30/13
Mar, I get the stress thing and the panic attacks thing. I lost 100 pounds 2006. In 2007 we were in a horrible accident and my husband was left disabled. I suffered from panic attacks for over three years. I only get them rarely now. Add in the lawsuit because the girl that hit us waited almost two years to admit it was her fault, the medical debt, the disability filing and, well, I put that weight back on over about five years. My mom passed completely unexpectedly in January of this year. I packed on more weight following that. There was a lot of other horrible stuff in there as well, but the end result is here I am at my highest weight ever and finally getting back on a plan to help myself.

My dogs are a 40 pound feist (in my avi), a 17 pound pug mix, and an 11 pound chihuahua mix. The last two came from a local rescue. The pug was dumped with a litter of pups. The chi had flea allergy dermatitis so bad that he had no fur when the rescue pulled him. The feist was handed to my husband by two kids at a flea market. "Mom won't let us keep it." She was all eyes and ears and 3 pounds and full of roundworms. Vet said one more day and she probably wouldn't have made it. I love my mutts! :P
pawp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member
 
ladybess76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 34
Gallery: ladybess76
Stats: 214/185.0/135
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 09-23-13
Hello stillies,I haven't posted since last week. celebrated my niece birthday had a piece of cake and hotdog with coleslaw..and the results from that was I gained 2lbs. So ai'm back to strict stillmans tge bad part about the little binge it wasn't that good. Well hopefully tge scale will show some love in a day or two. Glad to see everyone hanging in there and losing. Have a blessed day.
ladybess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Hello to all the old friends I have on here and hello to all the new names I see.

I feel like such a failure. I am so sick of losing the same 25 pounds over and over again for SIX years. So what has changed today? My kids...

Growing up I HATED anyone seeing how fat my mom was. It was so embarrassing. I of course felt terrible about how I felt growing up but when I gained weight 7 years ago I swore I would lose it before it bothered my kids.

Well now it is too late. My poor son who is 7 came home upset because he got teased today at school because his mom is "So fat she is going to die".

My children should not have to suffer because of my bad choices and low will power. It makes me so sad and angry at the same time.

Today it ends...Today is day one and I will not fail this time.
__________________
~Ashley

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.