Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
ladybess76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 34
Gallery: ladybess76
Stats: 214/185.0/135
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 09-23-13
Help...I'm craving peanut butter!

I just don't know what to do I eant some peanut butter so bad but don't want any set backs. I've only been on stillman's for for fivr days and don't want to mess up my weightloss. Help please!
:help::help:
ladybess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 483
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Try some sugar free jello, i know its no replacement for peanut butter and I love the stuff but it is on the approved list. If it were me, and I keep a jar of nothing added peanut butter in the cupboard, I would have a tablespoon. For me thats usually enough to kick the craving and no harm done. Dont even consider it a cheat, just what helps get through a particularly tough craving day.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member
 
ladybess76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 34
Gallery: ladybess76
Stats: 214/185.0/135
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 09-23-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Try some sugar free jello, i know its no replacement for peanut butter and I love the stuff but it is on the approved list. If it were me, and I keep a jar of nothing added peanut butter in the cupboard, I would have a tablespoon. For me thats usually enough to kick the craving and no harm done. Dont even consider it a cheat, just what helps get through a particularly tough craving day.
Thanks Michelle , I do have sugar free jello in the fridge. Thanks for the advice, happy to report that I survived that craving but did dream I was sneaking some muffins, I guessing cause my boyfriend is helping me stay on track...I dream of sneaking some..lol..but if I have that cravings again I will have a same spoonful
ladybess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
HomeWorkerMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Georgia Peach
Posts: 127
Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hi, i have been lurking on the Stillman's thread for a day or two. I am presently on a short vacation with Hubby. I am going to start Stillman's on Wednesday, the 2nd.

Regarding peanut butter, have you tried PB2? It is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder with a tablespoon of water. Not perfect but a good substitute when you are craving. It is very low calorie and very low fat. Not sure where you live but i bought it at a local grocery, Kroger.

I totally understanding PB cravings!
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member
 
ladybess76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 34
Gallery: ladybess76
Stats: 214/185.0/135
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 09-23-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
Hi, i have been lurking on the Stillman's thread for a day or two. I am presently on a short vacation with Hubby. I am going to start Stillman's on Wednesday, the 2nd.

Regarding peanut butter, have you tried PB2? It is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder with a tablespoon of water. Not perfect but a good substitute when you are craving. It is very low calorie and very low fat. Not sure where you live but i bought it at a local grocery, Kroger.

I totally understanding PB cravings!
Thanks for the info.. I'm in Tennessee. I will check my local Kroger's.
ladybess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,160
Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
Hi, i have been lurking on the Stillman's thread for a day or two. I am presently on a short vacation with Hubby. I am going to start Stillman's on Wednesday, the 2nd.

Regarding peanut butter, have you tried PB2? It is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder with a tablespoon of water. Not perfect but a good substitute when you are craving. It is very low calorie and very low fat. Not sure where you live but i bought it at a local grocery, Kroger.

I totally understanding PB cravings!
Yes I was also going to recommend the PB2. It actually tastes pretty decent and it's very low-fat and low-cal. It tastes *really* good stirred into yogurt, too!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 8
Gallery: Josie, RN
WOE: Stillman Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybess76 View Post
I just don't know what to do I eant some peanut butter so bad but don't want any set backs. I've only been on stillman's for for fivr days and don't want to mess up my weightloss. Help please!
I know this is an older post, but I'm going to answer it anyway. I'm not a sweets eater but, naturally, one starts to crave carbs on Stillman. What I do now is ONLY a small amount of protein during the day (fish, beef, pork, chicken, no-carb/no-fat cheese (hardly any of that though), and eggs) but I reward myself at night with an Atkins 'Endulge' bar. In fact, it was only when I started eating the bars that I went into ketosis for some reason. I was craving coconut so bought those bars. I initially had fat-free cottage cheese, but the carb level was so high that I axed that in favor of the bars. Now I can behave myself all day because only will eat a bar if stayed on protein (minimum 50 grams a day - which is my requirement) and kept calories low (under 1,000 but I usually do under 500). Atkins does have peanut butter bars.
Josie, RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 362
Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie, RN View Post
I know this is an older post, but I'm going to answer it anyway. I'm not a sweets eater but, naturally, one starts to crave carbs on Stillman. What I do now is ONLY a small amount of protein during the day (fish, beef, pork, chicken, no-carb/no-fat cheese (hardly any of that though), and eggs) but I reward myself at night with an Atkins 'Endulge' bar. In fact, it was only when I started eating the bars that I went into ketosis for some reason. I was craving coconut so bought those bars. I initially had fat-free cottage cheese, but the carb level was so high that I axed that in favor of the bars. Now I can behave myself all day because only will eat a bar if stayed on protein (minimum 50 grams a day - which is my requirement) and kept calories low (under 1,000 but I usually do under 500). Atkins does have peanut butter bars.
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! I do something similar on certain days - not everyday but when I am craving carbs I will do really good all day and save a treat for night - like even a fruit sometimes... then I eat it after or for dinner... and I STILL LOSE! I love it and it really helps!! Glad to know someone else works the plan like this!
lowcarbfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 362
Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Yes I was also going to recommend the PB2. It actually tastes pretty decent and it's very low-fat and low-cal. It tastes *really* good stirred into yogurt, too!
PB2 with a T. of unsweetened cocoa powder (found in baking aisle) plus 2 packs of stevia, a dash of natural vanilla and a tiny bit of salt to bring out the flavor... Oh MY goodness! This is almost like eating a Reese PB cup but without the garbage and helps me stay on plan... never had a problem and I eat this maybe once a day... Just wanted to share!!! Sometimes it really helps to know these things work!
lowcarbfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.