Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Help...I'm craving peanut butter! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/813057-help-im-craving-peanut-butter.html)

ladybess76 09-28-2013 03:28 PM

Help...I'm craving peanut butter!

I just don't know what to do I eant some peanut butter so bad but don't want any set backs. I've only been on stillman's for for fivr days and don't want to mess up my weightloss. Help please!
:help::help:

MichelleHu 09-29-2013 05:20 AM

Try some sugar free jello, i know its no replacement for peanut butter and I love the stuff but it is on the approved list. If it were me, and I keep a jar of nothing added peanut butter in the cupboard, I would have a tablespoon. For me thats usually enough to kick the craving and no harm done. Dont even consider it a cheat, just what helps get through a particularly tough craving day.

ladybess76 09-29-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleHu (Post 16623042)
Try some sugar free jello, i know its no replacement for peanut butter and I love the stuff but it is on the approved list. If it were me, and I keep a jar of nothing added peanut butter in the cupboard, I would have a tablespoon. For me thats usually enough to kick the craving and no harm done. Dont even consider it a cheat, just what helps get through a particularly tough craving day.

Thanks Michelle , I do have sugar free jello in the fridge. Thanks for the advice, happy to report that I survived that craving but did dream I was sneaking some muffins, I guessing cause my boyfriend is helping me stay on track...I dream of sneaking some..lol..but if I have that cravings again I will have a same spoonful

HomeWorkerMT 09-29-2013 04:03 PM

Hi, i have been lurking on the Stillman's thread for a day or two. I am presently on a short vacation with Hubby. I am going to start Stillman's on Wednesday, the 2nd.

Regarding peanut butter, have you tried PB2? It is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder with a tablespoon of water. Not perfect but a good substitute when you are craving. It is very low calorie and very low fat. Not sure where you live but i bought it at a local grocery, Kroger.

I totally understanding PB cravings!

ladybess76 09-30-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT (Post 16623616)
Hi, i have been lurking on the Stillman's thread for a day or two. I am presently on a short vacation with Hubby. I am going to start Stillman's on Wednesday, the 2nd.

Regarding peanut butter, have you tried PB2? It is a powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder with a tablespoon of water. Not perfect but a good substitute when you are craving. It is very low calorie and very low fat. Not sure where you live but i bought it at a local grocery, Kroger.

Thanks for the info.. I'm in Tennessee. I will check my local Kroger's.:up:

Kiley2801 10-01-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT (Post 16623616)

Yes I was also going to recommend the PB2. It actually tastes pretty decent and it's very low-fat and low-cal. It tastes *really* good stirred into yogurt, too!

Josie, RN 02-12-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybess76 (Post 16622601)
I just don't know what to do I eant some peanut butter so bad but don't want any set backs. I've only been on stillman's for for fivr days and don't want to mess up my weightloss. Help please!
:help::help:

I know this is an older post, but I'm going to answer it anyway. I'm not a sweets eater but, naturally, one starts to crave carbs on Stillman. What I do now is ONLY a small amount of protein during the day (fish, beef, pork, chicken, no-carb/no-fat cheese (hardly any of that though), and eggs) but I reward myself at night with an Atkins 'Endulge' bar. In fact, it was only when I started eating the bars that I went into ketosis for some reason. I was craving coconut so bought those bars. I initially had fat-free cottage cheese, but the carb level was so high that I axed that in favor of the bars. Now I can behave myself all day because only will eat a bar if stayed on protein (minimum 50 grams a day - which is my requirement) and kept calories low (under 1,000 but I usually do under 500). Atkins does have peanut butter bars.

lowcarbfever 03-26-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josie, RN (Post 16797516)
I know this is an older post, but I'm going to answer it anyway. I'm not a sweets eater but, naturally, one starts to crave carbs on Stillman. What I do now is ONLY a small amount of protein during the day (fish, beef, pork, chicken, no-carb/no-fat cheese (hardly any of that though), and eggs) but I reward myself at night with an Atkins 'Endulge' bar. In fact, it was only when I started eating the bars that I went into ketosis for some reason. I was craving coconut so bought those bars. I initially had fat-free cottage cheese, but the carb level was so high that I axed that in favor of the bars. Now I can behave myself all day because only will eat a bar if stayed on protein (minimum 50 grams a day - which is my requirement) and kept calories low (under 1,000 but I usually do under 500). Atkins does have peanut butter bars.

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! I do something similar on certain days - not everyday but when I am craving carbs I will do really good all day and save a treat for night - like even a fruit sometimes... then I eat it after or for dinner... and I STILL LOSE! I love it and it really helps!! Glad to know someone else works the plan like this! :)

lowcarbfever 03-26-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiley2801 (Post 16625660)
Yes I was also going to recommend the PB2. It actually tastes pretty decent and it's very low-fat and low-cal. It tastes *really* good stirred into yogurt, too!

PB2 with a T. of unsweetened cocoa powder (found in baking aisle) plus 2 packs of stevia, a dash of natural vanilla and a tiny bit of salt to bring out the flavor... Oh MY goodness! This is almost like eating a Reese PB cup but without the garbage and helps me stay on plan... never had a problem and I eat this maybe once a day... Just wanted to share!!! Sometimes it really helps to know these things work!