Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diamondgal
How do you do it?

Hello, All... just joined the website. Have been researching and finally decided on Stillman's. Here's my story:
Lost about 40 lbs 4 years ago on HCG (the real injection)
Then gained about 20 lbs back just this year due to an illness and prednisone.
I'm off the prednisone and want to get this 20 off.
After all my research, I have decided on Stillman's. But YIKES! It's so austere. How do you keep at it? I'm so afraid of failure. At least with HCG, there was no hunger. How long on Stillman's before you get rid of the cravings and hunger?!? I sit here sipping my pineapple margarita and wondering if I can do it! Your tips will be greatly appreciated!
diamondgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
after 3-5 days ketosis kicks in and you are no longer hungry.

If HCG worked for you in the past, why not do it again? I don't know much about it but I know a couple ppl who did it and swear by it.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

If HCG worked for you in the past, why not do it again? I don't know much about it but I know a couple ppl who did it and swear by it.
HCG is great, but it's a bit of a production. I did drops and was hungry. You have to really shut it down socially, too.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
I lost 20 lbs on hcg 3 years ago... And have since gained it back! Believe me you get some serious appetite suppression on Stillmans! If you keep it clean you most likely wont be hungry. Good luck!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Everybody. I'm a few hours into it and doing fine because I'm motivated. Hope I can do it. I have to do it! I cannot do HCG right now because I just recovered from an illness and cannot take any meds. Also, HCG is very expensive. I did the injections.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Stillman vs. HCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
I lost 20 lbs on hcg 3 years ago... And have since gained it back! Believe me you get some serious appetite suppression on Stillmans! If you keep it clean you most likely wont be hungry. Good luck!
How are you doing now on Stillman?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgal View Post
How are you doing now on Stillman?
Down 4 so far of the 20 I'd gained back from hcg .... and of the 30 I want to lose overall!

And that was only really doing Stills "correctly" Mon-Thursday of last week. We went out of town Friday-Sunday and I ate much higher fat (and had some wine and beer...oops!) We did exercise alot though--- some hardcore hiking and lots of walking.

Anywho, back on the straight and narrow this week for sure!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

It is a big commitment. It is vlc for over three weeks with a very limited food menu. That being said, I am so thick around the middle now that I am trying to find the space in my calendar. I also get frustrated when there are too many obsticales preventing me from being able to do a round.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
How to do Stillman's

One day at a time
One meal at a time
You eat simple protein only
Then you get up from the table
and go do something, like a walk, garden, iron, well anything.

Before you know it your appetite will be gone.
You will find you forget meals
You will marvel at the amazing tranformation!

Then you will be able to say, I eat to live, and am no longer living to eat
the next meal.

Break the habit of stuffing yourself, Break the carb addiction, and enjoy your new skinny body.
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
How to do Stillman's

One day at a time
One meal at a time
You eat simple protein only
Then you get up from the table
and go do something, like a walk, garden, iron, well anything.

Before you know it your appetite will be gone.
You will find you forget meals
You will marvel at the amazing tranformation!

Then you will be able to say, I eat to live, and am no longer living to eat
the next meal.

Break the habit of stuffing yourself, Break the carb addiction, and enjoy your new skinny body.
Love this! You are an inspiration!!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
I've done HcG a number of times and lost around 30 lbs. but never did my Maintenance, Phase 3 very well, and ended up gaining it back. I just bought another round from a private vendor and may do it after my vacation in November this year.

I've also done Stillman's a number of times throughout my life. I think I have one of the original books from the 70s and have been very successful using this diet but you must follow it exactly. With HcG, you could have vegetables. With Stillman's, you get NO vegetables and only protein. You just have to make sure to drink enough water every day, too, for the best results.

I'm finishing Week 1 of Stillman's right now, and I've already lost 7 pounds. You just have to be motivated enough to stick with this and it is not as costly as HcG. Plus, if you go away for the weekend and eat or drink something, you know it will take 3 days to get back into ketosis.

Do you have a date in mind that you are aiming at for your goal? Is it pounds you want to shed, or pounds and inches to get into smaller clothes in your closet? Sometimes we are more motivated if we have a deadline in mind. Sometimes we have a special event coming up soon that we want to look and feel better for on a certain date.

Just like me quitting smoking years ago, every time I lose those excess pounds, my doctor says I am making a difference in the health of myself so I just keep plugging away at the excess and hope that some day I will hit my goal!

Best of luck! You can do this!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Almost There
Stats: 275/175/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 9/10/2012
I started on Stillmans diet on 9/10/2012 and began a journal at the same time. Everyday I list what I ate and how many carbs and calories I consumed. I gradually added carbs and now read every label and only consume about 50 carbs per day and I still lost. I have lost 100 pounds by August 6, 2013 and have been successful at staying at 175 so far. In October I have set a goal to start again and I want to lose 45 pounds by June 1 2014. I think I can do it. I think not lying to myself in my journal made me accountable to myself and so I think that is why I have been successful so far. I did cheat occasionally but I put that in my journal too. I use an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of everything.
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote