Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Oh boy was I hungry last night, probably wouldnt have noticed if I could have stayed asleep but I couldnt get down into deep sleep, tossed and turned. Think it was mostly head hunger and I denied it, yeah me, but thought I would get up this morn and not lose anything but was down a lb. So I am releived and happy but tired. Trying to get proper sleep/rest to aid weight loss.And was doing great in the last 3 months since I gave up gluten I have slept great and fall asleep pretty quickly for me but last night it was just like before and it sucked.

All my lounge/pajama pants are falling off me. I work from home so hardly ever get out of them but I might have to find something that will stay up/cinch up so I can go to the store and get some more. 35 lbs lost is starting to show in the droopy drawers

Okay folks I have to get my exercise in before football and nascar start so I will spy ya later

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/9 ~ 228.6 Tom still here
9/10 ~ 227.4
9/11 ~ 227
9/12 ~ 228
9/13 ~ did not weigh
9/14 ~ 226.2
9/15 ~ 225.2 35 lbs lost
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Where are you all Get your tiny hineys in here you all keep me inspired

Yesterday went very well. Sweet tooth was complaining but I wasnt listening. Have about a week till overnighter out of town and will be going to a steak seafood house so thats my next detour. Only 1 night so its a quick detour will probably have wine or drinks that night too. Not a cheat decided I dont have cheats. I have moments where I make a decision that was either planned or unplanned. Its the unplanned decisions that seem to happen in moments of unclarity that can lead to trouble. I do however reserve the right to change my philosophy at any time, could be tomorrow

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/10 ~ 227.4
9/11 ~ 227
9/12 ~ 228
9/13 ~ did not weigh
9/14 ~ 226.2
9/15 ~ 225.2 35 lbs lost
9/16 ~ 225
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Where are you all Get your tiny hineys in here you all keep me inspired

Yesterday went very well. Sweet tooth was complaining but I wasnt listening. Have about a week till overnighter out of town and will be going to a steak seafood house so thats my next detour. Only 1 night so its a quick detour will probably have wine or drinks that night too. Not a cheat decided I dont have cheats. I have moments where I make a decision that was either planned or unplanned. Its the unplanned decisions that seem to happen in moments of unclarity that can lead to trouble. I do however reserve the right to change my philosophy at any time, could be tomorrow

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/10 ~ 227.4
9/11 ~ 227
9/12 ~ 228
9/13 ~ did not weigh
9/14 ~ 226.2
9/15 ~ 225.2 35 lbs lost
9/16 ~ 225
You have a great attitude! Busy weekend for us and so thankful for all we managed as a family. I am increasing my walking workouts to try to get to 7500 steps (10,000 takes me too long. lol) and I did 2 days in a row. So today I will break it up in 2 walks and that should cover it.

I am not a scale watcher, no idea what that number is right now but I feel pretty good. I have not been 100% Stillman's. I do eat sour cream and hot sauce on my chicken most days. Having a real aversion to eggs right now. Probably diet memory burnout.

Keep on everyone! Do something good for you even if it is not Stillman's
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Triplet Mom
Lurking joining in

I started Stillman last Monday. It has been easier to stick with than expected. I've primarily eaten meat and sugar free Jello. Each day I have had more than 100 oz of water. Here are my results:
9/9--266.6
9/10--263.4
9/11--261.9
9/12--260.7
9/13--259.3
9/14--259.3
9/15--258.6
9/16--256.3

I plan to continue this for 1-2 weeks and then will likely switch to a low carb plan. It feels strange to be dieting and not eating anything green! Surprisingly, I haven't been craving anything sweet or wanting bread products. I stuck with the plan 100%.

Although I have a lot of weight to lose, I've been shocked with losing 10 pounds in a week.
Triplet Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
for MichelleHu wow 35LBS.

Triplet Mom 10 lbs in a week I love no craving!!

I am back, 148 steady and wanting 140 by the end of this month. . .

We can do this!
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Triplet~ way to go. I am going to give myself a break in another week too and go to more atkins style i think for a couple days at least then probably do another stint in stills. It works.

Idio ~ when you took time between the last stills till this time did you gain at all? What was the eating style/plan for you in between time? I was secretly spying your last stills go around. I did a bit of stills years ago and you got me goin' again.

Had sweet cravings again last night so i caved and broke out the sugarfree jello. It worked and calmed it. Got DH to make it for me and the whole time was thinking man if i put it in the freezer will it set up quicker? After about an hour I did stick it in the freezer for 45 mins and it did just had a little frozen around the rim and that was kinda icee like, it was good.

K folks gotta get to the exercise, cheers to a stillmans day!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nvrgvup7777
Stats: 205/194/175
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/29/13
Thanks for the great meal ideas/recipes!

Hope everyone's week is going well so far!
Nvrgvup7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Sorry I have been so wishy washy this month. Sometimes it is just too hard to start.
I am again on day 2 and thankfully I feel great! Finally found my groove. I should be good to go for the rest of the month.

Day 1- 225.6
Day 2- 222.6
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all, welcome Triplet, nice losses around here!!!!!!!!!

here, too, got into a pair of skinny jeans I got last fall that wouldn't get past my hips and they sailed on this morning!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hi all, welcome Triplet, nice losses around here!!!!!!!!!

here, too, got into a pair of skinny jeans I got last fall that wouldn't get past my hips and they sailed on this morning!
Sweet!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
I just got sick of meat for a while! I'll be back!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
I just got sick of meat for a while! I'll be back!
I was a vegetarian for 13 plus years. I have vegetarian tendencies and just do what I can do. I wish I could say I was perfect Still's these 2 weeks but that would be a fib. This is harder than I thought. It shows how emotional I am towards food. The plus side is I am exercising more, pushing myself. I am also trying to pay attention to how much I eat. Years ago, when I started my low carb life, I think 2001, I used to eat smaller portions, off of dessert plates for the most part. It dawned on me my plates are larger. So I re-adjusted my cabinets. I don't need so much food/portions. I hope I can meet my goal of smaller jeans by Thanksgiving. I don't weigh usually anymore. I did that micro managing for 12 plus years and I feel like I created my own eating disorder. I am ready for the second half of my life to live the fullest; exercise, sweat a little, sleep well, eat well but more to hunger than emotional. Baby steps!

Hope everyone has a blessed week.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
I was a vegetarian for 13 plus years. I have vegetarian tendencies and just do what I can do. I wish I could say I was perfect Still's these 2 weeks but that would be a fib. This is harder than I thought. It shows how emotional I am towards food. The plus side is I am exercising more, pushing myself. I am also trying to pay attention to how much I eat. Years ago, when I started my low carb life, I think 2001, I used to eat smaller portions, off of dessert plates for the most part. It dawned on me my plates are larger. So I re-adjusted my cabinets. I don't need so much food/portions. I hope I can meet my goal of smaller jeans by Thanksgiving. I don't weigh usually anymore. I did that micro managing for 12 plus years and I feel like I created my own eating disorder. I am ready for the second half of my life to live the fullest; exercise, sweat a little, sleep well, eat well but more to hunger than emotional. Baby steps!

Thanks very much Stevie,

I'm sticking with you guys, I'm just needing more veggies due to potty and pallet issues. I miss me veggies.....But I'm off and on again.......

I love you all,,,,and want to do this together. I just need a little break...
Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG the ills I suffered from going vegan for three years..........hair graying & falling out, more dental work than I ever had in my life (6 cavities).......never go veg folks it's a killer........
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was a perfect stills day. Was never hungry, hence the cals were pretty low prob around 600. Hoping for another on track day. Down .6 I will take it. Off to refill the coffee...Will check ya all later
Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3. Yay! I am excited because once I hit day 3 I am good to go for a couple weeks. I tested positive for ketosis this morning and my headache I have had the last 2 days is finally gone. Being back out of the 220s is also a reason to be happy. I HATE the 220s. I have been looking at them for way too long.

Day 1- 225.6
Day 2- 222.6
Day 3- 219.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post

I was a vegetarian from the age 13-33. When I was pregnant with my son I had the worst craving for a cheeseburger. Been eating meat ever since! This diet is enough to make you hate meat tho. I can not eat chicken anymore. I used that as my staple stillman food off and on for 5 years.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Thanks very much Stevie,

I'm sticking with you guys, I'm just needing more veggies due to potty and pallet issues. I miss me veggies.....But I'm off and on again.......

I love you all,,,,and want to do this together. I just need a little break...

((Cyber hugs))

yes, we are all a work in progress and when we are not spot on with our way of eating, we do what we can and get back on track. It is the only way, to never give up. Progress, not perfection.

I do not think being a vegetarian did me any favors. And I ran during that time too. I was not in good health. I always felt bloated and fluffy. So glad that is past me. Every meal may not have an animal protein in it but it does for the most part in general.

Hope all is well. I am walking for an hour today while kiddo is taking a Microsoft word class. We home educate and do outside enrichment classes too. Works for us so he can be accountable to someone else and I get some exercise! lol - Eventually he adds another class to the mix and I will have a few hours off each Weds this school year. Yeah!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
I'm back again. Just got back from a mini-vacation and need to lose some pounds and inches before our major vacation starting toward the end of October.

I've eaten a few slices of lean turkey this morning, a few spoonfuls of low fat cottage cheese, two hard boiled eggs, and a bottle of water... oh yes, black coffee this morning.

Tonight I am grilling a lean ground beef hamburger.

I'm looking forward to feeling like a lean mean fat burning machine over the next number of weeks!

Tally ho!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
I'm back again. Just got back from a mini-vacation and need to lose some pounds and inches before our major vacation starting toward the end of October.

I've eaten a few slices of lean turkey this morning, a few spoonfuls of low fat cottage cheese, two hard boiled eggs, and a bottle of water... oh yes, black coffee this morning.

Tonight I am grilling a lean ground beef hamburger.

I'm looking forward to feeling like a lean mean fat burning machine over the next number of weeks!

Tally ho!
I like that tally ho! Let's go foxy lady
Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

When DD12 and I went bra and panty shopping just before school started I bought a bunch of bras on sale in a slightly smaller size hoping I would be able to get into them soon and they now fit!!!!!!! And The undies too

So of course I went to try on a pair of old jeans that have been mocking me, just tried them a week ago but they were still too tight in the waist and fit great everywhere else. When I tried them on last night the waist is perfect but the butt, legs, hips are all very loose baggy actually with the crotch hanging about 3 inches lower than where they should. So thats pretty darn awesome but still dont have a pair of jeans to wear. The eliptical is clearly working cause these jeans didnt fit anything like this a few years ago.

Racked up another perfect stills day yesterday, hopefully I do it again today.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Another day down. I have not started any kind of exercise. Maybe on Monday. I have not been able to sleep much the last couple of day. Not sure if it is being in ketosis or the brat teenager that has a loud obnoxious car coming and going all night...

Day 1- 225.6
Day 2- 222.6
Day 3- 219.8
Day 4- 218.4

Quote:
When DD12 and I went bra and panty shopping just before school started I bought a bunch of bras on sale in a slightly smaller size hoping I would be able to get into them soon and they now fit!!!!!!! And The undies too

So of course I went to try on a pair of old jeans that have been mocking me, just tried them a week ago but they were still too tight in the waist and fit great everywhere else. When I tried them on last night the waist is perfect but the butt, legs, hips are all very loose baggy actually with the crotch hanging about 3 inches lower than where they should. So thats pretty darn awesome but still dont have a pair of jeans to wear. The eliptical is clearly working cause these jeans didnt fit anything like this a few years ago.

Congrats on getting into smaller stuff! It is such a great feeling.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on another successful Stillman's day! Way to go! Losses are going great for you. Keep up the good work.

Only one day in and I already feel better. That "poofiness" in my belly is gone. It is truly amazing how well this plan works if you stick to the plan.

7 pounds lost in 4 days.... what could be better than that?

Are any of you drinking diet soda occasionally? I know it is in my book. Just wondered if it has a negative effect on the weight loss.

Tally ho! Another day of sweet success and feeling better!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qtpa2t
Hello,

I know I'm late but I've been lurking here and finally decided to start my September challenge on the 16th. I started at 215...my lowest after having my last child 3 years ago was 170 and that's my goal. I'm 5'5" and as of today I weigh 211. I remember reading some place that light headaches and the sick feeling is normal. Can't wait for that part to pass. I remember reading about vitamins but I don't remember which ones. I'm just taking a 1 a day centrum complete...are there any others I should be taking? Also, has anyone experienced any hair loss while doing Stillmans? My menu changes but this is what I normally eat day to day:
B: 3-4 hard boiled egg whites and 1 original baybel cheese light
S: 1 can of tuna in water with 1 egg white, 1 drop liquid splenda, mustard and a little real mayo
L: 2 tilapia or 2 orange roughy filets baked or grilled on my George Foreman grill
S: Bowl of egg drop soup
D: Grilled or baked chicken breast or grilled steak
S: 1 original baybel cheese light
I drink lipton hot tea or black coffee with liquid splenda to help with headaches. I drink Organic Smooth Move Tea, original or pepperment flavors, if I feel constipated. I haven't been able to drink all my water but my water intake increases daily. I've been feeling pretty miserable which is why I haven't been posting. My headaches worsen when I look at the computer screen. I just wanted to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and ask if anyone has experienced hair loss. Thanks for all the inspiration and support. Congrats to everyone!
qtpa2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qtpa2t
Forgot to mention...if I feel like I need something sweet or if I'm gonna be in someone's face and don't wanna offend with my stank breath...LOL...I chew Ice Breakers Ice Cubes sugar free spearmint, peppermint or grape or really most flavors. I also will suck on a couple of Ricola sugar free lemon mint herb throat drops. Works great!
qtpa2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats on another successful Stillman's day! Way to go! Losses are going great for you. Keep up the good work.

Only one day in and I already feel better. That "poofiness" in my belly is gone. It is truly amazing how well this plan works if you stick to the plan.

Are any of you drinking diet soda occasionally? I know it is in my book. Just wondered if it has a negative effect on the weight loss.

Your tally ho makes me laugh. i just do not expect read that and there it is. lol Diet soda, I have not had any yet but I know I will at some point. I need a break from water and crystal light once in awhile. I do try to be careful with artificial sugars. They stall me if I have too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpa2t View Post
Hello,

I know I'm late but I've been lurking here and finally decided to start my September challenge on the 16th. I started at 215...my lowest after having my last child 3 years ago was 170 and that's my goal. I'm 5'5" and as of today I weigh 211. I remember reading some place that light headaches and the sick feeling is normal. Can't wait for that part to pass. I remember reading about vitamins but I don't remember which ones. I'm just taking a 1 a day centrum complete...are there any others I should be taking? Also, has anyone experienced any hair loss while doing Stillmans? My menu changes but this is what I normally eat day to day:
B: 3-4 hard boiled egg whites and 1 original baybel cheese light
S: 1 can of tuna in water with 1 egg white, 1 drop liquid splenda, mustard and a little real mayo
L: 2 tilapia or 2 orange roughy filets baked or grilled on my George Foreman grill
S: Bowl of egg drop soup
D: Grilled or baked chicken breast or grilled steak
S: 1 original baybel cheese light
I drink lipton hot tea or black coffee with liquid splenda to help with headaches. I drink Organic Smooth Move Tea, original or pepperment flavors, if I feel constipated. I haven't been able to drink all my water but my water intake increases daily. I've been feeling pretty miserable which is why I haven't been posting. My headaches worsen when I look at the computer screen. I just wanted to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and ask if anyone has experienced hair loss. Thanks for all the inspiration and support. Congrats to everyone!
Quote:
Forgot to mention...if I feel like I need something sweet or if I'm gonna be in someone's face and don't wanna offend with my stank breath...LOL...I chew Ice Breakers Ice Cubes sugar free spearmint, peppermint or grape or really most flavors. I also will suck on a couple of Ricola sugar free lemon mint herb throat drops. Works great!
Hello Your headaches and the general feeling of blah should go away in the next day or two. The first few times I started stillmans I would feel so awful for about 4-5 days. After that I felt great.

Your meals look great. I would be careful with gum. Most I have looked at have 1-2 carbs. That adds up quick.
Vitamins.. I take a lot for various health reasons but I would recommend a daily, magnesium, and maybe some potassium. The magnesium will help with regular bowel movements. My husband gets pretty bad leg cramps if doesn't take potassium while on stillmans.

I have never experienced hair loss in the 5 years I have been doing Stillmans off and on. If you are concerned maybe start taking a biotin supplement.

Great job so far!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Another day down. I have not started any kind of exercise. Maybe on Monday. I have not been able to sleep much the last couple of day. Not sure if it is being in ketosis or the brat teenager that has a loud obnoxious car coming and going all night...

Day 1- 225.6
Day 2- 222.6
Day 3- 219.8
Day 4- 218.4

Congrats on getting into smaller stuff! It is such a great feeling.
Quote:

Quote:
WAY TO GO TEAM STILLMAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO US!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for our losses and skinnier jeans! WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WAY TO GO TEAM STILLMAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO US!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for our losses and skinnier jeans! WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi ALL. I second what CC said! Happy losing all. Down almost 7 myself, been on strict Stills for the last few days, continuing through the month. Sorry been away a few days, but I'll keep checking in regularly. Good luck and congrats to all by buddies and welcome newcomers. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Still on plan... I am tired and yesterday I had the worst pain for about 2 hours in my lower left pelvic area after a bm. It is still sore there but at least the sharp pain is gone. No idea what the heck it could be. I just hope it never happens again. Horrible topic but maybe one of you know what it could be.

As for the diet I am having no cravings and it has been pretty easy so far.
Enjoying watching the scale go down. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Day 1- 225.6
Day 2- 222.6
Day 3- 219.8
Day 4- 218.4
Day 5- 216.8
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Another successful day under my belt... I never wear one... I still enjoy the stretchy waistlines. I'll get there. I have been really tired and going to bed early.
Plus, I get diarrhea the first number of days on this plan. Hopefully that will subside soon. Maybe it means I'm drinking enough water!

Awesome week for most of us! Congrats to all! Keep up the great weight loss journey! Congrats to those fitting into the smaller sizes this week. Way to go!

I haven't weighed yet, but I notice a difference in how I feel and my clothes are looser. I'll get brave next week and weigh so I can report my progress.

Tally HO!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't have a clue, Bratty, get thee some probiotics???