Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish2BThinner View Post
I had a weird reaction today!
So, I met a client at TGIF Friday's for lunch (not my choice), and opted for the Cobb salad with grilled chicken. Not only did it give me "flu like" symptoms (which sometimes happens when I eat salad at a restaurant), but I broke out in hives all over the top of my thighs?!!!

Feeling lousy tonight, and I bet I'll be up on the scale tomorrow
Oh! Well that is lousy. I say do not weigh tomorrow. There is no hard and fast rule that you must, must, must get on the evil black box every day.

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Quote:
So, I met a client at TGIF Friday's for lunch (not my choice), and opted for the Cobb salad with grilled chicken. Not only did it give me "flu like" symptoms (which sometimes happens when I eat salad at a restaurant), but I broke out in hives all over the top of my thighs?!!!

It may be an allergy. When I eat pepper, my thighs break out horribly. It sucks that peppers are used in EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Anon, and group, let me introduce you to one of the original posters since I joined in 2010. You can read her old posts for inspiration.

And, no, she's never going to give up on that goal, she's obsessed, and with good reason. Fat family issues, etc......

see what I mean about the Mum (Mom) factor guys? She's been fighting it for years.

GT, ye must be in heaven working at the H&M!!!!!!! OMG your paycheck must go right back into the store!

Are ye not working at the college? Is your Mum still a department head?

I'll bet moving in together was quite the adjustment.......er, test! If you haven't killed each other by now then surely it is meant to be!

Yep, Mim, our minister has been AWOL. MMS checks in from time to time, I know she's out there.......

So get to know our new friends, and be thankful for the old!
I don't think I could be here and not say something to someone who has such a dangerous goal. If she has fat issues, its time for therapy. Its that sort of attitude that I've seen on pro-Ana sites. Browse them for ten minutes and you'd be shocked.
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

eek, feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
lol, funny you say that. His friend called and asked him to go fish tonight! But he worked all night on the tugs ( he is a tug boat cptn). He is leaving for 10 days to go fish in Mexico. Good times
oh, my, heaven, a man who is gone for days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
It may be an allergy. When I eat pepper, my thighs break out horribly. It sucks that peppers are used in EVERYTHING!

I don't think I could be here and not say something to someone who has such a dangerous goal. If she has fat issues, its time for therapy. Its that sort of attitude that I've seen on pro-Ana sites. Browse them for ten minutes and you'd be shocked.
um, yeah, it's a free country, but let's be nice, you're not the one walking a mile in her shoes, don't know her body type, lifestyle, etc........to each her /his own.......

IMO my ideal weight is 140 and yeah I want like 125...........

the point is she lost it and kept it off, learn from the experience, don't get wonky because you're not there yet.........

and to blatantly suggest someone needs therapy? that's just rude IMO

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-07-2013 at 06:26 AM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Some of us like to consider ourselves a work in progress. It is motivating.
It sounds like everyone is doing well. I believe I am. I finally hit the scale. It isn't as horrifying as it could have been. I am up ten pounds from goal. I need to lose as much as possible by the 19th bc I have an opportunity being offered to me that i will want to look my best and i will need a couple new outfits. I plan on investing in the new duds. They will be my winter staples.
After reading the forums, I am avoiding cheese now. It isn't worth this plan not working. I am limited to eggs/whites, tuna, crabmeat, flounder, scallops. I've been baking frozen shrimp and flounder in a Pyrex w a little broth and garlic powder. I love it.
Anyway, now, I'll be able to track my losses since i have my current weight. I do feel tired. I usually go to the gym for classes three or four days a week, but I have not been up for it. I figure I am tweaking my diet so that has to be good enough. i have dark circles (more than usual) under my eyes. Does anyone else?
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Day 2 went very well yesterday considering Tom showed up today. Yesterday should have been crazy with salt/sugar cravings/insatiable appetite and normally I would be up at least 3 lbs. But nope had to force myself to eat, but I did and no cravings. Hope today goes as well. Hoping when tom leaves in a couple he takes a few with him. I feel smaller actually and the tummy has that loose feeling. Shrimp for dinner last night sauted in garlic was good. Have a great day all

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu, Congrats on dealing with TOM!

BTW, tonight is a BIG temptation for me. We are going out to celebrate my hubs bday with friends that really like to let loose. We set this up ages ago. I am not going to do anything to derail me, though. If i don't lose five pounds by 9/12, I will be seriously tempted to jump on HCG to lose this summer vacation weight. I really do not want to do it. It is a HUGE undertaking, but I am determined. Wish me luck for tonight. I will just go with the mindset that it is only a so many hours (even though we are spending the night), but I can do it.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Anon--the next time you have such vicious opinions on someone you don't know---keep them to yourself..... Or go and be a troll on twitter.

The best thing about LCF (and it was always especially true with this thread) is that everyone is supportive of others. I personally am so grateful I found this site while I was losing, I never would have done it without the generous support of the people here. Yes we all have opinions on people's weights and goals but that kind of holier-than-thou attitude is just not helpful.

.......... but one could almost think you were jealous of such a low goal weight. Why else would it have evoked such an emotive response........ Jus sayin.....

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yup my paycheck pretty much goes back in!!! It's a tough job though I tell ya!!! And I don't mean the customers or clothes. I mean I love my store manager to bits but my gawd I sat in the office for an hr and twenty mins today where she pointed out all my failings as a would be manager!!!! I then spent 20mins in the stock room in tears!! ....then went and had a few vodies to numb the pain!!! (after work obs!!) Ha! And on Monday I have to rearrange the H&M plus section ( as 'punishmen'!)---i shudder every time I go near that section---brings back baaad memories!!! And it's all black and dark!! Ok whine over!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yup my paycheck pretty much goes back in!!! It's a tough job though I tell ya!!! And I don't mean the customers or clothes. I mean I love my store manager to bits but my gawd I sat in the office for an hr and twenty mins today where she pointed out all my failings as a would be manager!!!! I then spent 20mins in the stock room in tears!! ....then went and had a few vodies to numb the pain!!! (after work obs!!) Ha! And on Monday I have to rearrange the H&M plus section ( as 'punishmen'!)---i shudder every time I go near that section---brings back baaad memories!!! And it's all black and dark!! Ok whine over!!!
I would love to work at H & M but I know I would end up losing money! We are supposed to be getting one here but it hasn't happeded yet so for now I just go whenever I am in Toronto!

Why are plus size clothes always so dark!? I think everyone should get o wear the bright colours that are in!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Feel for you GettingThere. Hope it gets better.

Quick hi to all my great buddies here.Nothing new to impart on my end. Hope life is treating you all well. Have a great weekend. Take care. mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Very tired but thats normal when tom is here. New low to report, dont know if i will get my eliptical in today have cramps still. Feel like being a slug. I really want salami and peperoni, craving fatty salty meat i guess. For breakfast right now. UUGGHHH....

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Very tired but thats normal when tom is here. New low to report, dont know if i will get my eliptical in today have cramps still. Feel like being a slug. I really want salami and peperoni, craving fatty salty meat i guess. For breakfast right now. UUGGHHH....

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
Fatty salty meat is better than a bag of chips of cookies. I often eat pepperoni when I am having those cravings! Just remember to have lots of water!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
I haven't had fatty salty meat in over 20 yrs. today, I glanced at Oscar Meyer salami at a 7-11 and thought about it
I am very tired, too, but not getting enough sleep either.
Last night, I had two sips of wine. I had hb eggs before bed. It was funny being sober when everyone was seriously drinking. It was food for thought.
I am down .5. I'll take it.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Hey guys it looks like everyone is doing well. I've been trying to get it together on the weekends but I've been so stressed out the past week and haven't been sleeping well. My lovely mother got me more chicken and turkey burgers for the week so I'm semi prepped. I'm finding being prepared is key that's why I've been so inconsistent lately. Thankfully I've been working out. I also start insanity w my coworkers today and my before pics are enough to get me back to dukan/stillmans. Here's to a successful week!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/9 ~ 228.6 Tom still here

Hoping for a whoosh when tom leaves maybe tomorrow. Feel pretty good, cravings down from yesterday, I white knuckled through it, oh except for the tsp of only peanuts peanut butter. Thats a success for sure. Today is day 5 planning on going till about the 20th - 21st then adding veg and stabilizing for a few days since mom and i are heading out of town for an overnighter will be eating out and having drinks. Wanna make sure the tummy is feeling good with adding back some foods for that. Will stay low carb but want to enjoy my time out.

Off to fill the water cup....
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #136

Happy Monday!

Hope this week is a good one! Even if the weekend was tough or didn't go as you planned, today is a new day. Make a plan, prep for it and move on.

Had a great weekend with family. Did mostly low carb.

I got 2 walks in yesterday. That was a good day

Just put a ton of chicken in the crock pot.

Tonight we go to Medieval Times and they serve dinner. One item is a half chicken so that is good. Will do my best.

My first week on Stillman's ( my way.lol) I lost 5 pounds.

Hopefully this week I will see a couple of more. I am a slow loser unless I starve myself! No thanks.

Work it people!!! Let Sept be the month to feel great!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: AutumnReigns
Stats: 208/139.6/158
WOE: weight watchers
I'm joining you for September and beyond....until I reach goal Good Luck

Last edited by AutumnReigns; 09-09-2013 at 01:30 PM..
AutumnReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Insert typical fall of the wagon story.

Back on track today and so far it has been pretty good. Hoping the rest of the month goes smoothly!

Mar and Mim. Good to see you guys!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Insert typical fall of the wagon story.

Back on track today and so far it has been pretty good. Hoping the rest of the month goes smoothly!

Mar and Mim. Good to see you guys!
This is my day 2 and it does feel good to be back on track! I forgot how good it makes you feel but also how I am never tired which is good... until you have class the next day and its 230 am and you have to get up in 4.5 hours
Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
This is my day 2 and it does feel good to be back on track! I forgot how good it makes you feel but also how I am never tired which is good... until you have class the next day and its 230 am and you have to get up in 4.5 hours
lol That hits me at about day 4.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nvrgvup7777
Stats: 205/194/175
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/29/13
Indulged in my favorite BBQ ribs this weekend and gained 3 lbs - no sauce on them but I guess the high sodium caused water weight - back down 4 today so a temporary setback - thank goodness. Hope everyone has a good week on Stillman!
Nvrgvup7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Hi guys!

I was hoping to join in on the efforts! I recently restarted Stills and LC to lose the thesis/relationship weight I gained. I was down to 125 last August, then slowly put it back on.

I began LC again two weeks ago and went down 10 from 161. I really want to be down to 141 by next friday if I can.

You guys seem awesome and supportive (and you all have great puppies!). And I am really impressed with nvrgvip7777 for getting down 4 pounds!
majar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2! If I can get through today, I will be golden. The first 2 days are always the hardest for me. I should have nothing to tempt me until Saturday. We are going to a demolition derby and there is the typical event food. I plan to take some tuna salad for myself. Dry hotdogs and hamburgers are not worth messing up for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrgvup7777 View Post
Indulged in my favorite BBQ ribs this weekend and gained 3 lbs - no sauce on them but I guess the high sodium caused water weight - back down 4 today so a temporary setback - thank goodness. Hope everyone has a good week on Stillman!
Awesome getting right back on and dropping the gain. That is a weakness of mine. Once I am off it is SO hard to turn it right back around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Hi guys!

I was hoping to join in on the efforts! I recently restarted Stills and LC to lose the thesis/relationship weight I gained. I was down to 125 last August, then slowly put it back on.

I began LC again two weeks ago and went down 10 from 161. I really want to be down to 141 by next friday if I can.

You guys seem awesome and supportive (and you all have great puppies!). And I am really impressed with nvrgvip7777 for getting down 4 pounds!
Welcome! 10 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty good.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Today is day 6. Confession ~I did have a whole cucumber yesterday, and it was delicious. Down a pound. Feel great, not hungry. Will be at the store tonight looking for a new protein, hope I find something appealing. Off to eliptical....

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/10 ~ 227.4
Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

It has been a week. I am feeling bummed that weight is not coming off. I even shot up 2.5. I know it is water retention from sodium. I will give it a few more days, but it is feeling hopeless. I am really tired and moody.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Hi all, I am back, went off Stillmans for a couple of weeks, now I am at 151 and having steak and eggs . . . ready for the 140"s!!
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday All.
Hi Bratty, Kiley, LowCLou, Gettin There, It's TIme, Mar, Idiog, fivenine, Michelle, Annony, NVRG77, KrisKris, CCGirl, StevieRenee & all our good buds here. Don't worry about eating cucumbers or getting off slightly, get back on and go forward, then you'll go downward again. Been there did that this week. lol. We'll supportively fuss at each other to do better. So get on with it, don't wine and try to be stress free (yeah right, she says, lol) . Welcome Majar and Autumn, glad you joined us. Great group here. Do your best, the loss will sail off. Mae

Last edited by maepowers; 09-10-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
It has been a week. I am feeling bummed that weight is not coming off. I even shot up 2.5. I know it is water retention from sodium. I will give it a few more days, but it is feeling hopeless. I am really tired and moody.
If you wait it will fall.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today is day 6. Confession ~I did have a whole cucumber yesterday, and it was delicious. Down a pound. Feel great, not hungry. Will be at the store tonight looking for a new protein, hope I find something appealing. Off to eliptical....

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
9/7 ~ 229.4
9/8 ~ 228.6
9/10 ~ 227.4
OMG, someone call out the royal wet noodle beaters. Michelle needs a woopin. Glad you're down a pound. Have a great loss this coming week. Mae
Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
Hi all, I am back, went off Stillmans for a couple of weeks, now I am at 151 and having steak and eggs . . . ready for the 140"s!!
Welcome back

All is well here. managed well at Mediveal Times as they served chicken. I skipped the rest

So far so good today.

My DH starts work shift for the next 17 days so that really helps me! lol

Be good to yourselves all. You are worth the efforts!