Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbLoretta View Post
Good morning,

May I join you? I've been lurking on lowcarbfriends.com for years but have never posted. I used low carb to lose the weight after both of my children were born. My girls are now 12 and 9. I'm now officially over the weight I was when I delivered both and really need a support group to help take this weight off. I started yesterday at 199.8 and this morning weighed 195.2. I know those four plus pounds lost was water weight but I'm ready to start seeing the scale go down, down, down.

Thanks,
Loretta

Weight:
Day 1: 199.8
Day 2: 195.2

Congrats!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
thanks, Bratty, I overdid it mowing last night and feel horrible, like I just came down with it all over again. It never ends! On the bbright side, I've probably lost another five pounds.

welcome new folks!

fivenine, I do Splenda in greek yogurt with lemon or orange extract, or lime juice for key lime pie flavor, it's yummly!
I will def try all the above...esp the lime. CC, I hope you feel better soon. I admire our optimism. Lol!
I have been really hitting the cottage cheese hard. I hope the sodium and carbs do nit hinder my losses. I am sad to admit I am having scale issues at this time some am going by fit of clothes and how I feel. I'll start weighing after I have had a couple days under my belt.
Does anyone have any input in regards to cottage cheese? Also, I picked up some weight watchers cheese sticks today. Are they ok?
Today, my cals were about 1300. My ratio was 55P/30F/15C. My only carbs were from the cottage cheese.

Last edited by fiveninepointfive; 09-04-2013 at 07:13 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbLoretta View Post
Good morning,

May I join you? I've been lurking on lowcarbfriends.com for years but have never posted. I used low carb to lose the weight after both of my children were born. My girls are now 12 and 9. I'm now officially over the weight I was when I delivered both and really need a support group to help take this weight off. I started yesterday at 199.8 and this morning weighed 195.2. I know those four plus pounds lost was water weight but I'm ready to start seeing the scale go down, down, down.

Thanks,
Loretta

Weight:

a great big
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrgvup7777 View Post
joining you for September - thanks for the inspiration!

and shirachi is just great baked with chicken also
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nvrgvup7777
Stats: 205/194/175
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/29/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post

and shirachi is just great baked with chicken also
Thanks for the welcome - and I will have to try with baked chicken.

I originally started Stillman end of July and fell off after a couple of weeks.

Back on fully starting yesterday - down 2 lbs this morning - I need to keep the good times rolling!
Nvrgvup7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wish2BThinner
Stats: 22?/184.5/140 height 5' 7.5"
WOE: Lean Meat/Vegitables
Start Date: Restart August 8, 2013
It's so nice to be doing this together isn't it?!!!
I have lurked on these boards for years, but have not posted. I am hoping that posting and being accountable is the support that will lead to my success!
Congratulations to everyone's losses so far this week! You are so motivating.

It's been a crazy week, as far as having lots of meals out of my control. Eating more Atkins than Stillman's this week, but I still feel awesome, and I am starting to fit into some of my old clothes again. Woo hoo!

My motivation right now, is that I've scheduled a family portrait to be taken October 13th. I refuse to be my current weight in the picture.

What is motivating everyone else today?

8/26 - 209
8/27 - 208
8/28 - 206
8/29 - 204.5
8/30 - 203.5
8/31 - 204.5
9/01 - 205
9/02 - 203
9/03 - 204
9/04 - 203.5
9/05 - 202.5
Wish2BThinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Wish,
Congratulations! The family photo is a great motivation.
How many calories do you think you are eating in a day? You are doing so well, I could use some tips.
I ordered the book from Amazon today.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Day 4 for me

Down 4.4 pounds. Not a bad start.
I am replacing cc with greek yogurt. Its so hot here and it is nice to have something cool. I made home made broth. Too hot to drink. I think I will freeze it.

Keep on everyone!

30 minute walk done, water jug filled with fresh mint leaves, eggs on the stove, chicken in the fridge, yogurt too.

I don't count calories. I just try not to over eat and split it up like he says...6 small "meals" if you will a day. No cheats.

Let's have a stellar Sept!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

I was eating a very strict Atkins prior to starting Stillman's so my appetite was already pretty suppressed. Sometimes, I am not hungry until late afternoon.

Right now, I am not counting calories, and eating only when hungry. So typically, I am eating 2 hard boiled eggs anytime from 10-12pm, and then I eat some sort of lean protein around 2-3, and again around 6. I am not a huge fan of dairy products, so I don't eat cottage cheese or yogurt.

Drinking unusually large amounts of diet coke is a huge problem for me. I am trying very hard to drink lots of water. Some days I'm more successful with this than others.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbLoretta
Stats: 199.8/195.2/145
WOE: Stillman's
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I look forward to dropping some pounds with you all this month.

Wish2BThinner,

I have the same motivation. After 15 years of marriage and two kids, my family has never had a professional photo taken. We have plenty of amateur shots throughout the house but nothing from a professional other than our wedding photos. We are on the books for Nov. 5th and I sure hope I can drop at least 30 pounds by then.

I must have been really bloated from the Labor Day weekend because I was down a few pounds again this morning! Wow! Well from this point out, it should be fat loss and I'm looking forward to that.

Yesterdays Menu:

B: cottage cheese
L: lean hamburger
S: greek yogurt
D: turkey burger

I was going to cut out the yogurt if it hinders my loses but as for now it seems to be agreeing with me.

Weight:
Day 3: 192.6

I posted a pic but for some reason it will not show up here. I will have to play around with it since I've never posted before.

Also,
Do I just click on quote under someones post to have it show up on my post with my response? Thanks for being patient with me while I figure this out. :-)
LowCarbLoretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi all!
I am going to join you all. I hope to do 2 weeks straight stillmans. My losses have really slowed almost non existent for a while, would like to kick it back into gear. So my official starting weight today is...

Been lurking on the stillmans boards all morning. Did Stillmans years ago, like 2001 probably and had sucess just didnt stick with anything after that. Been low carbing since May 29 and down 30 but not much at all in the last few weeks. Alrady had a hard boiled egg not really enjoyable. Will have left over Mahi for lunch and egg drop soup for dinner. Jumpin' In! Will check in tomorrow.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Hi all!
I am going to join you all. I hope to do 2 weeks straight stillmans. My losses have really slowed almost non existent for a while, would like to kick it back into gear. So my official starting weight today is...

Been lurking on the stillmans boards all morning. Did Stillmans years ago, like 2001 probably and had sucess just didnt stick with anything after that. Been low carbing since May 29 and down 30 but not much at all in the last few weeks. Alrady had a hard boiled egg not really enjoyable. Will have left over Mahi for lunch and egg drop soup for dinner. Jumpin' In! Will check in tomorrow.
MichelleHu. Glad to have you. You'll do great. My weight's not far from yours.
Around 336. If you don't like HB eggs, try them with butter or poached or another way. Make it work for you; not everyone goes by the book, not all bodies are the same or how we lose weight. Good luck. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Missed ya all, hope you all are doing well

Hey everyone, sorry hadn't been around in a few days.

Big Hi to CCGirl, hope you and the family are finally getting over the computer virus and any other ills. Hire someone to mow for you if you can .

Big hi also to, Anony, Mary, KrisKris (lol on the turkey burgers), Phase, Bratty (glad you're back on track and doing well), Kiley, ItsTime, Lbecker, Idiog (congrats on losses); and all my other buddies here! Hope your week and upcoming weekend is and will be fantastic. Happy losing to all here. Mae

Time2Change, you can do it, sounds like you're putting the big effort in! Good luck.

Hey Mar 922; I so understand about the coffee. Same here, doing without it for a bit. Even buying your own and grinding it can get expensive. After a few days the headaches and jitters go away. Sometimes it tends to make me hungry, other times good with just a cup a day. So going to eliminate it for now, see if that helps, been bloated lately and inflamed. It's gone down but doing an elimination thing right now to see. Cottage cheese and cinnamon are good. Hope you're feeling better now. Mae

Five9.5, congrats on the weight loss. I think the WW cheese sticks will be fine and the cottage cheese, just try not to overdo it. Sounds like you have a handle on your WOE. I often go by the fit of my clothes too, which is often better than the scale. People are just too use to seeing it (a mental thing for a lot of us, we like those numbers going down, lol.) You'll do fine, you can get the 30 lbs off by then, around my goal too. You and NVRGVUP7777 will look fantastic in your family portraits. Egg white omelets with sauteed veggies and pepper are yummy. Use the yolks to make a scramble or a brulee. This is a great group to be in. Mae
---------------
Nvrgvup7777== Good luck on Stillz, we're all wishing you well. Great support here.

Wish2Be. Congrats on fitting into some of your old clothes. I believe you'll get down for that family portrait. Your meal plan/way of eating is good; just keep trying on the diet cokes, you'll get there. Artificial sweeteners are no better for you than sugar, many reports say. Keep at it, rooting for ya.
------------------------------
Hey SteveeRenee! Big congrats on the 4.4 lbs. Heck no that's great in a week. LOL, mine was just .4 this week, still some inflamation in legs, but it's going down, and the I'm eating better for that, so no worries, the weight will drop next week even more. :-) Glad you are doing thirty minute walks, I do too about 5-6 times a week and they help immensely. Sometimes outdoors, or the mall or just inhouse. Whichever, I feel the results and it helps with achy bones and moods; right? We'll all have a stella September indeed!
-----------------------

Last edited by maepowers; 09-05-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nvrgvup7777
Stats: 205/194/175
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/29/13
Love the words of encouragement from you all - thanks so much.

So far my favorite meal is ground beef and eggs - and of course some Sriracha added!

Fortunately I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when I do, the sugar free gelatin seems to get me over the hump.

Hope everyone is having a great week - the weekends are toughest for me ...
Nvrgvup7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I will def try all the above...esp the lime. CC, I hope you feel better soon. I admire our optimism. Lol!
I have been really hitting the cottage cheese hard. I hope the sodium and carbs do nit hinder my losses. I am sad to admit I am having scale issues at this time some am going by fit of clothes and how I feel. I'll start weighing after I have had a couple days under my belt.
Does anyone have any input in regards to cottage cheese? Also, I picked up some weight watchers cheese sticks today. Are they ok?
Today, my cals were about 1300. My ratio was 55P/30F/15C. My only carbs were from the cottage cheese.
Thanks, five, I love cottage cheese, worked for me........

welcome new friends and here's to getting skinny for you all!

Biologists recently produced immortal frog by removing their vocal cords. Now they can't croak.

The best way to communicate with a fish is to drop them a line.

On the surface of things whales are always blowing it.

Marine biology seminars aren't for entertainment there for educational porpoises.

What did the fish say when he posted bail? I'm off the hook!

Why don't fish like basketball? They're afraid of the net.

Which fish can perform an operation? A sturgeon.

What fish does the Pope eat during lent? Holy mackerel.

What do you get when you cross a fish with a banker? A loan shark.

Why are fish so intelligent? Because they swim in schools.

What is the difference between a piano and a fish? You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

What part of a fish weighs the most? Its scales.

Where do fish go to borrow money? A prawn broker.

What do you call a fish that makes you an offer you can't refuse? The Codfather

Where do fish wash? A river basin.

Cook a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the whole weekend.

Two fish in a tank, one says to the other "can you drive this thing?"

Women are like fish. If they kept their mouths closed neither would get in trouble.

Men are like fish. If they kept their mouths closed neither would get in trouble.

If you think of a better fish pun let minnow LOL
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
 hey people!!!!! Just dropping by and saying hello!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG OMG {{{{{{{{{GT}}}}}}}}

what has happened to you? married yet?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG OMG {{{{{{{{{GT}}}}}}}}

what has happened to you? married yet?
Hilarious CCG! thanks for sharing.
Hey GT. Have a good eve all. Mae
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Wish,

I need to drink less soda and more water too!
Getting there you are so inspirational, drop by anytime!
Hey Mae,
Loretta, glad to meet you, and we are in a great group of folks,,,,September will be a success for us all,,,,
Thanks for starting this Stevie
Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Thanks for the welcome! Day 1 was a success and not hard. Hope today goes as well. Love Sriracha going to be my go to condiment today I think, good idea. Can I put my daily numbers below would like to track on just stillmans? Hoping this works great again and I will use stillmans like every 2 weeks for 2 weeks, will think about that after I great through the next 2....

Start ~ 9/5~ 230.2

9/6 ~ 229.4
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Ok, so I've decided to come back to Stills after being away for a week. I still have impulse issues that I want to keep under control. Oh, but the one good thing is that I found out I have a gluten intolerance! I went to the dermatologist today and he said "we haven't seen you in 15 years. It looks like you outgrew your acne!" I said "no, not exactly.... it didn't go away until a month ago when I completely stopped ALL wheat products!" I had wheat last weekend and ended up with a very painful skin reaction. Apparently the reaction gets worse once its been out of your system for awhile? I'm just glad I don't have to be embarrassed of my complexion anymore.

I've been maintaining at about 169ish. I'm probably up a bit after an unfortunate encounter with pb+co lol. But, it will come off fast enough! Sunday will be "Stills take 2 day 1". I'd start tomorrow but have dinner plans to go out. But, I think the break was good for me as I allowed myself to eat a wider variety of foods and it showed me that I still need to work on my impulse issues.

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
 hey people!!!!! Just dropping by and saying hello!!!!
Hi are your stats accurate? If so, its alarming that your goal is 106. I know that we all have different body types, but even so, 106 makes you underweight, almost severely underweight. I'm 5'6" myself.
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Eh my goal will prob always be that!!! As for are my stats accurate---eh not so much!!!!!! I've deffy put on weight. I'm about 128 and I definitely notice it!!! Have been thinking I should start losing again. My clothes are tight. But every time I start--eh I stop!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey CC!!!!! Noooo I'm not married yet!!!! Have picked out my dress though! We wanted to marry in August in the South of France but it just didnt happen. I told ye I was working part time in H&M--well I'm now full time and training to be a manager!! The hours are sooo long-it's deffy different than teaching!!! My fiance has moved over to Germany with me-got a great job and we've just moved apartment--sooo life has been busy!!! So there hasn't been a lot of time for exercising!! But maybe things will calm down in a few weeks so I can start again. My Mum was over here with me for a month and I adore her but really she is not a good influence over eating etc. And because of working so much I felt guilty when I was free if I was gonna go and exercise.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Cc --are you the last one left of our group??????
Old 09-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
Hi are your stats accurate? If so, its alarming that your goal is 106. I know that we all have different body types, but even so, 106 makes you underweight, almost severely underweight. I'm 5'6" myself.
Anon, and group, let me introduce you to one of the original posters since I joined in 2010. You can read her old posts for inspiration.

And, no, she's never going to give up on that goal, she's obsessed, and with good reason. Fat family issues, etc......

Quote:
Hey CC!!!!! Noooo I'm not married yet!!!! Have picked out my dress though! We wanted to marry in August in the South of France but it just didnt happen. I told ye I was working part time in H&M--well I'm now full time and training to be a manager!! The hours are sooo long-it's deffy different than teaching!!! My fiance has moved over to Germany with me-got a great job and we've just moved apartment--sooo life has been busy!!! So there hasn't been a lot of time for exercising!! But maybe things will calm down in a few weeks so I can start again. My Mum was over here with me for a month and I adore her but really she is not a good influence over eating etc. And because of working so much I felt guilty when I was free if I was gonna go and exercise.
see what I mean about the Mum (Mom) factor guys? She's been fighting it for years.

GT, ye must be in heaven working at the H&M!!!!!!! OMG your paycheck must go right back into the store!

Are ye not working at the college? Is your Mum still a department head?

I'll bet moving in together was quite the adjustment.......er, test! If you haven't killed each other by now then surely it is meant to be!

Quote:
Cc --are you the last one left of our group??????
Yep, Mim, our minister has been AWOL. MMS checks in from time to time, I know she's out there.......

So get to know our new friends, and be thankful for the old!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #117

Quote:
My DD lives in Baumholder, Germany(Army family) I loved Germany and France.Visited last December. It was an awesome experience.

Hi all. Welcome back Anon!

I am doing well, no cheats. Love reading everyone's day to day so thanks for being faithful posters!

The weekend is here. It will be a challenge as hubby is home but I can and will be good.

Work it out people!

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 09-06-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cool, Stevie, teach him to fish and he'll be gone KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

made turkey chili HOT and sinuses still won't budge...........I am considering eating a chipotle jalapeno, but I have no fire extinguishers...........aaaaack
Old 09-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

I had a weird reaction today!
So, I met a client at TGIF Friday's for lunch (not my choice), and opted for the Cobb salad with grilled chicken. Not only did it give me "flu like" symptoms (which sometimes happens when I eat salad at a restaurant), but I broke out in hives all over the top of my thighs?!!!

Feeling lousy tonight, and I bet I'll be up on the scale tomorrow
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #120

Quote:
cool, Stevie, teach him to fish and he'll be gone KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

made turkey chili HOT and sinuses still won't budge...........I am considering eating a chipotle jalapeno, but I have no fire extinguishers...........aaaaack
lol, funny you say that. His friend called and asked him to go fish tonight! But he worked all night on the tugs ( he is a tug boat cptn). He is leaving for 10 days to go fish in Mexico. Good times