Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TrishaLynn
Stats: (296) 273/239/170
WOE: Still's
Start Date: 8/15/13
week one complete !! IT WORKS!!

Hi everyone I started strict QWL a week ago. I have managed to lose an amazing 16 lbs!!!! Only complication I'm dealing with is not being able to move my bowels to put it nicely lol. Any advice would be appreciated greatly! I did try coffee cheated with 1.5 tablespoons sugar free creamer hoping that would work,I just can't drink it black.
TrishaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Callianna
SO PROUD OF YOU!! And so exciting! Keep posting your results-- we all need inspiration like this.

Calli
Callianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Wow!!!

So inspired!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
AWESOME, TRISHALYNNE! ISN'T THIS DIET AMAZING!

I always take 800 mg. of Magnisum at bedtime and then in the morning, I will drink a Senna Tea along with my coffee. Works every time.

also, make sure to get all your water in as well.

So proud of your success! What have you been eating mostly, as this is incredible success. Isn't not being hungry the bomb?

Hugs, and KUTGW!
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
AWESOME, TRISHALYNNE! ISN'T THIS DIET AMAZING!

I always take 800 mg. of Magnisum at bedtime and then in the morning, I will drink a Senna Tea along with my coffee. Works every time.

also, make sure to get all your water in as well.

So proud of your success! What have you been eating mostly, as this is incredible success. Isn't not being hungry the bomb?

Hugs, and KUTGW!
I'm going to try those both , thank you! Oh I have tracked my food and fluid intake from day one. I posted 2 days in the 21day thread. I'm drinking 100 to 140 oz a day also. I know I've never felt this way about food! I made pancakes tonight and they smelled so good but I DID it! Not a nibble now I did run out of the kitchen and nibbled on some chicken lol! But I made it through, I told myself is a piece of pancake is NOT worth getting out of ketosis! Heck no! I worked hard though those first few days fighting cravings! I'm also testing dark purple now for the last few days
Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014

You go girl
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Trisha, do you use any artificial sweeteners or diet drinks? They've been such a help to me in making it through the first few days, but I'm worried about whether they will slow my weight loss.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Hey, another question, Trisha, sorry to bug, but I want results like yours! So let's see, you are not using salt, you said-- don't know how you do it, with eating meat! And also, looking at your menu, you're eating really low calorie, right? And I think I read that you were using cottage cheese... anything else you can add about what you're eating/drinking or not eating/drinking would be welcome! We are starting out at right about the same weight, so I hope I'll have a similar first week-- although, it sounds like you have a very active life, where mine is very sedentary, and I'm older-- I'm 59. So things might go slower for me till I can move around more comfortably.

Thanks... Calli
Old 08-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callianna View Post
Hey, another question, Trisha, sorry to bug, but I want results like yours! So let's see, you are not using salt, you said-- don't know how you do it, with eating meat! And also, looking at your menu, you're eating really low calorie, right? And I think I read that you were using cottage cheese... anything else you can add about what you're eating/drinking or not eating/drinking would be welcome! We are starting out at right about the same weight, so I hope I'll have a similar first week-- although, it sounds like you have a very active life, where mine is very sedentary, and I'm older-- I'm 59. So things might go slower for me till I can move around more comfortably.

Thanks... Calli

Hi there
Ask as many questions as you like. I'm on my cell phone now so it might not get all my words correct. with the artificial sweetener I started with like a cup and a half in a gallon(before stills!] and now I'm down to like 1/4 to 1/3 cup. I'm normally a sweet and bread addict! Yes low calorie low fat low carb here's my menu my first few days
8-15
4 oz chicken
2 pc deli ham
4 oz chicken (grilled)
423 Cal
10 fat
63 pro

8-16
1 egg..rolled in deli ham
4oz lean beef (burger with mustard)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 oz chicken
4 oz lean beef (burger with mustard, think 92-8? It was extra lean bought one pound and divided into 4)
718 cal
30 fat
10 carb
104 Pro this was my hungry day the worst!! But keep going it gets better way better!

Ok I need to end this post right now. Need to get to DMV

For my moms motorcycle test to see if she gets her endorsement and might need my helmet. Oh real fast with the salt, salt substitute I'll get name later . also addicted to salt I would put it on everything. I'll finish posting later wanted to get back to you.

Last edited by TrishaLynn; 08-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: added
Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Wow, Trisha, I'm eating 2-3 times as much as you! I've been at about 1000-1300 a day... going any lower would scare me (and make me cranky). But who knows, I may end up eating less if my appetite goes away.

Thanks so much for the response and posting your food!

Calli
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callianna View Post
Wow, Trisha, I'm eating 2-3 times as much as you! I've been at about 1000-1300 a day... going any lower would scare me (and make me cranky). But who knows, I may end up eating less if my appetite goes away.

Thanks so much for the response and posting your food!

Calli
no problem anytime just remember our bodies are different, so you have to suit this to the way you need to lose weight , and something that you're going to be able to stick to in the long run. I know my second day, last Friday I did higher fat content so today I'm going to do higher fat content. it was also the day I did the cottage cheese the only other time I use the cottage cheese was to make the deviled eggs. so in a week I've had just over a half of a cup.. like I said before the second day was probably the hardest for me after that I started to totally lose my appetite where I would actually force myself to eat. yeah I'm pretty active I worked a hundred hours last week 70 hours this week I have four little boys and I'm a pre-law student.. I am taking this semester off to fix me and show backup as a healthier person I wish you the best and if you need anything get ahold of me and I will be watching progress I know you will do wonderful.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

So it looks like you're avoiding the dairy pretty much then... good to know.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Yes because I love cheese! it would trigger me. I like being restricted I've never tried anything like this before and I'm really enjoying it. I've been runningall day today so when I got home I weighed a steak cut 4 oz off and grilled it. So far that's it.. It satisfied me but I cooked only what I was going to eat otherwise I probably would have ate more
Old 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qtpa2t
Constipation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLynn View Post
Hi everyone I started strict QWL a week ago. I have managed to lose an amazing 16 lbs!!!! Only complication I'm dealing with is not being able to move my bowels to put it nicely lol. Any advice would be appreciated greatly! I did try coffee cheated with 1.5 tablespoons sugar free creamer hoping that would work,I just can't drink it black.
Hello TrishaLynn. Try a senna tea called Organic Smooth Move. There are different flavors but I've only tried original and peppermint flavor which to me tastes great unsweetened. It works. If you have Kroger it will be in one of the organic food aisles.
qtpa2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
senna tea may have some bad side effects for some folks

Side Effects of Senna Tea | eHow
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: g_intexas
Stats: 205.2/195/160
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Nov. 6, 2013
Hello Trisha, just wondering how you're doing with your weightloss. I'm new and about to start QWL tomorrow. I saw your awesome results and was just wondering if you were able to maintain your losses? Hope all is well with you.
g_intexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Just read this thread, I would also be interested if you managed to maintain your losses
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Hi Trisha Lynn!
Just checking in on you! Howz it all going?
Hugs,
Beth
Old 12-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Beth, I wondered what happened to all of you. I was keeping up with this thread and everyone left! Are you in maintenance? Thanks.
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hey HomeWorker!

No, I'm not in full maintance. I've been maintaining this last 15 lbs. so thats good! I went back to college and I literally study 8 or more hours a day. Nursing School is Medical School on crack! lolol

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things So I'm here again.

Hope your doing great.

Happy Holidays to you!

Hugs,
B
Old 12-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
I'd lie to learn more about Stillman's. When I have some catching up to do with my weightloss, my general fallback is zero carb or Atkins induction. Stillman's is lower fat? I will go read the post it's.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote