Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Losing the Stillman's Weigh these Hot August Nights!!!!

Join us on our skinny journey, losing quickly with QWL! All are welcome!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
How are things going for everyone? Today I went and bought all my books for the fall semester of college. It's unreal how much books cost. For 4 books it was 451 dollars...good grief!

On the diet end of things I'm really glad I'm not fighting the hunger/cravings on this plan. It makes it incredibly easy to stay on task. We'll see if it gets harder as time goes on. What do you all think?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegegal View Post
How are things going for everyone? Today I went and bought all my books for the fall semester of college. It's unreal how much books cost. For 4 books it was 451 dollars...good grief!

On the diet end of things I'm really glad I'm not fighting the hunger/cravings on this plan. It makes it incredibly easy to stay on task. We'll see if it gets harder as time goes on. What do you all think?
I am not having real hunger or cravings either at this point!
We must be in ketosis. The thing I'm worried about is food boredom...so far I'm good and my goal at the moment is 35 days, then vacation, then maybe paleo???? It's just 35 days right?
Do you think it will get harder? Do you have any set time frame in mind?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
We must be in ketosis. The thing I'm worried about is food boredom...so far I'm good and my goal at the moment is 35 days, then vacation, then maybe paleo???? It's just 35 days right?
I think the only way it could get harder is if we stop ketosis. I plan on doing paleo after as well. I want to get down to 130 for sure before I switch. As of my results last week I have 35 lbs to go. I've lost another 2.4 since Tuesday but we'll see what the rest of the week brings.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
35 days will e a breeze. Try to rotate diff meats and recipes so it won't seem so monotonous.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone's weekend is starting out great. Quick
Thanks CCG for starting the August thread. It's rediculous how much school books at any level costs these days. Good luck with school.

Great going on everyone's woes. Have a grand weekend. Will check in later with everyone around Sunday or so. Won't be on computer much this weekend. Family things to do. Hugs and take care. Mae
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Hey all. Finally getting into ketosis and losing appetite. I'm going to eat mostly eggs.
Good weekend all!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good Friday

I definitely feel like I am in ketosis today, I feel sick and am struggling to get my chicken down. Just logged my calories and they came in at just over 600 & zero carbs (although think there are some carbs in my eggs)
Old 08-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{Stars}}}}}} Welcome back! And welcome new QWL friends!

College, no used books available??

Kitty, it sounds like you are transitioning and have induction flu. IMO........

Mae, have fun with the fam!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone Count me in ,i will be following strict stillmans Monday to Friday ,then for the weekends eating LC at 20 carbs a day to stay in ketosis. I will be posting my weight on Saturdays ,i'm so i've lost 2 1/4 inches off my waist in 2 weeks and fit into a size 18 down from size 22 , 4 months ago. Wishing everyone a great weekend and a month filled with nonstop fat loss.

Last edited by Wisteria; 08-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: mistake
Old 08-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wisteria, WTG on getting into the teen sizes! Liberating!

Wow, it's chilly this morning! 58F. Feels like late September.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Hi just visiting, I am doing Stillmans 14 Day Shape Up, or really Stillman's with just meat, eggs, seafood and lettuce. . .

I will be over here once I get used to the routine, and when it is time to get tougher with myself! I mean to get this done!

Congrats Wisteria, on your weight loss and I see you are on the verge of Onederland!!! I will be checking in here to watch you reach that goal!

Deb, 35 days on strict Stillman's QWL is an amazing thought!! Hang in there! Why not post a count down? So we can cheer you on!!
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
Hi just visiting, I am doing Stillmans 14 Day Shape Up, or really Stillman's with just meat, eggs, seafood and lettuce. . .

I will be over here once I get used to the routine, and when it is time to get tougher with myself! I mean to get this done!

Congrats Wisteria, on your weight loss and I see you are on the verge of Onederland!!! I will be checking in here to watch you reach that goal!

Deb, 35 days on strict Stillman's QWL is an amazing thought!! Hang in there! Why not post a count down? So we can cheer you on!!
I'm doing something similar minus the seafood (allergic)...meat/eggs makes things so much easier

happy losses!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I've been terrible with planning this week, so I'm doing more Meat and Eggs (w. the fat)...the goal is to go food shopping today...the only thing lean in my fridge is turkey burgers that i'm not looking forward too...I had an excellent week fitness wise...I went to the gym 4 times, I took 3 spinning classes and 2 trx...I'm back to being motivated w. exercise yay!

I think I'm pmsing and my feelings are all over the map...I'm back in mu 29/30 skinny jeans which is UNREAL, I didn't think I'd be there until the end of the month, you'd think i'd be more excited, but I'm just mehhh this weekend...

*Minor Vent* Why do people feel the need to try and feed you, or make you feel bad when you're not eating with them...I find it so annoying a,d franky its pissing me off. My goals are bigger than 'being social', I don't mind not eating and being at a bar and just having Diet Coke...why does it matter that I'm not eating xyz or drinking with you?!? that doesn't affect my ability to still have a good time. i went out against my will yesterday for a friend that 'just wanted a drink' and just come with me to get food i'm starving before the bar stops selling food...and this is after I declined twice (before she picked me up for a COFFEE date) and she was my ride so I was kind of stuck...She then had the nerve to call me names b/c i didn't have just a sip...I also had coworkers tell me 'it offends them' when I don't eat what they offer me...I just can't grrr...*rant over*
Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
KrissaKris! I am so sorry to hear that! Man, people can be so selfish and insensitive... Especially when they've had alcohol. Unfortunately, once you hit goal, you may be surrounding yourself with new friends. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR JOY!

Misery LOVES company. And, you are a walking billboard of success and self-control. Walk away from the negative and pray for them. Those who are meant to stay, will stay. You will encourage and help those who have ears to hear. Look at how far you've come. Your Avatar is amazing. Keep up the amazing work and DON'T be defeated. Your a success and worthy of praise and honor. Walk in your truth!

BIG FAT HUG OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO ALL!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I've been terrible with planning this week, so I'm doing more Meat and Eggs (w. the fat)...the goal is to go food shopping today...the only thing lean in my fridge is turkey burgers that i'm not looking forward too...I had an excellent week fitness wise...I went to the gym 4 times, I took 3 spinning classes and 2 trx...I'm back to being motivated w. exercise yay!

I think I'm pmsing and my feelings are all over the map...I'm back in mu 29/30 skinny jeans which is UNREAL, I didn't think I'd be there until the end of the month, you'd think i'd be more excited, but I'm just mehhh this weekend...

*Minor Vent* Why do people feel the need to try and feed you, or make you feel bad when you're not eating with them...I find it so annoying a,d franky its pissing me off. My goals are bigger than 'being social', I don't mind not eating and being at a bar and just having Diet Coke...why does it matter that I'm not eating xyz or drinking with you?!? that doesn't affect my ability to still have a good time. i went out against my will yesterday for a friend that 'just wanted a drink' and just come with me to get food i'm starving before the bar stops selling food...and this is after I declined twice (before she picked me up for a COFFEE date) and she was my ride so I was kind of stuck...She then had the nerve to call me names b/c i didn't have just a sip...I also had coworkers tell me 'it offends them' when I don't eat what they offer me...I just can't grrr...*rant over*
I completely agree with this - I hate it when people try and 'guilt' you into eating junk, I think it's because then they don't feel so bad eating the crap themselves or they are just jealous or your progress and want to sabotage.
When ever I go to my mother in law's house she always put's milk in my coffee even though I have told her a million times I am drinking it black - and then she gets offended that I won't drink it 'because there is only a splash of milk' - makes me so mad lol

Well done in being back in the skinny jeans, it really is such a great feeling
Old 08-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegegal View Post

I am a college student too, I find they make us pay ridiculous amounts for the books and some of the classes we barely use them!

I found it gets easier as time goes on because you only ever eat when you are hungry no more need to snack all the time

Quote:
I found that when I ate the same food all the time that although I was bored with it is taught me what real hunger was. I mean you know are hungry when you look forward to your 200th chicken breast haha.

I read if you want something specific its a craving not real hunger and that seems to be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi everyone Count me in ,i will be following strict stillmans Monday to Friday ,then for the weekends eating LC at 20 carbs a day to stay in ketosis. I will be posting my weight on Saturdays ,i'm so i've lost 2 1/4 inches off my waist in 2 weeks and fit into a size 18 down from size 22 , 4 months ago. Wishing everyone a great weekend and a month filled with nonstop fat loss.
I will be doing the same thing for the next 2 weeks and then I am going to do paleo or just low carb

Quote:

I have been bad at planning this week too, I didn't even have eggs in my fridge and they are my stillmabs staple! So I started today after my grocery shopeven though I planned to start wednesday.. thats what laziness does to you haha.

I found people would push food on me all the time and give me a heard time and tell me how unhealthy I was and how they count calories or are on weight watchers or some pother diet thats way better and then they saw my results and all of a sudden they were asking what diet a followed and was it that hard?
So I would just plow through and know in the end you are taking care of yourself and doing whats best for you.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
On this same subject...people pushing food, drink on you. You really have to get to the point where you don't care if people "like" you or not. People who actually do like you will have no problem with you eating and drinking on plan. They will even cook appropriately for you and have water and diet drinks for you. If you always bend to the will of others you'll not get anything done you want to get done for yourself!
We need to take care of ourselves and get the weight off!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone

Back online, hope everyone had a great weekend. Welcome to Newbies, will answer more later tonight. Just checking in to say Mae
Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Don't let anyone push ya Krissy, they should be lucky you are with them! you'll do fine, but so understand. Good luck with the meal planning. Hugs to ya. Mae

Quote:

Old 08-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
On this same subject...people pushing food, drink on you. You really have to get to the point where you don't care if people "like" you or not. People who actually do like you will have no problem with you eating and drinking on plan. They will even cook appropriately for you and have water and diet drinks for you. If you always bend to the will of others you'll not get anything done you want to get done for yourself!
We need to take care of ourselves and get the weight off!
So true Starzmom!!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
KrissaKris! I am so sorry to hear that! Man, people can be so selfish and insensitive... Especially when they've had alcohol. Unfortunately, once you hit goal, you may be surrounding yourself with new friends. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR JOY!

Misery LOVES company. And, you are a walking billboard of success and self-control. Walk away from the negative and pray for them. Those who are meant to stay, will stay. You will encourage and help those who have ears to hear. Look at how far you've come. Your Avatar is amazing. Keep up the amazing work and DON'T be defeated. Your a success and worthy of praise and honor. Walk in your truth!

Hey that's the kind of FAT we need here, right? HUGS. You are so right BB. Kris we're with ya! Hi to everyone, Hope you all had a great weekend. Take care and stick to your guns; we're here for each other. Mae
Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

The first few days of stills as my body adjusts its always weird... I am either super tired or wide awake, hot or cold, starving or no appetite.... tonight I am a little nauseous, hot and wide awake... The could be hot beacuse I have been doing renos but other than that I attribute the other 2 to stills.

Its like my body is detoxing from all the crappy carbs I have eaten lately. Normally if I eat carbs its veggies and sweet potatoes with the occasional quinoa or something in there but this last month I have been going carb crazy! But thats why I am back here! I couldn`t count the times I have come back to stills after going a litte crazy but it always works!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
The first few days of stills as my body adjusts its always weird... I am either super tired or wide awake, hot or cold, starving or no appetite.... tonight I am a little nauseous, hot and wide awake... The could be hot beacuse I have been doing renos but other than that I attribute the other 2 to stills.

Its like my body is detoxing from all the crappy carbs I have eaten lately. Normally if I eat carbs its veggies and sweet potatoes with the occasional quinoa or something in there but this last month I have been going carb crazy! But thats why I am back here! I couldn`t count the times I have come back to stills after going a litte crazy but it always works!
Hey Mar922 - Do you always lose around the same amount on Stillmans? Or do you find that each time you lose less?
Do you usually follow it for a specific time?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
Hey Mar922 - Do you always lose around the same amount on Stillmans? Or do you find that each time you lose less?
Do you usually follow it for a specific time?
I usually lose the same amount because I choose to I a 5lb rule that if i get to 150 then that's too much weight gained. but in the past I have lost lots or a little depending on how strict I am. I have lost 10 lbs in a week from 152-142 or 2 lbs a week when I have weighed more or less. I am planning to do it strict this time so we will see. So far yesterday I lost nothing but I was only strict 1 day (yesterday) and I still had higher fat than usual..... I guess long story short yes, I usually lose the same amount it doesn't become less each time. Now that I am maintaining I usually do it for about 2 week stretches but it depends, I had a bad summer last year so I was doing it for a few months on and off and lost well.

Sorry for the long explanation that wasn't really an explanation haha
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Hi all,
Today was my first day of Stillmans. It went ok. I'm thinking tomorrow may be more difficult as I start to miss more of the foods I can't have on this woe.

Just a few questions! Do you count calories? I'm pretty low on my calories today. I just don't have the desire to eat any more legal foods.

Has anyone else had issues with binging? In the past I would binge on high fat or high carb food, so I'm hoping that this woe helps me get rid of the cravings which cause me to binge.

Thanks!

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post

Well said BBAre .
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

KrissaKris you have come so far ,you have made an amazing transformation,maybe their jealous, i would surround myself with people that are respectful and are supportive.
Quote:

Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Wisteria, WTG on getting into the teen sizes! Liberating!

Wow, it's chilly this morning! 58F. Feels like late September.
Thanks CCGirl it really is motivating,now to work harder to get into size 16 . It was cold that morning, i live a half an hour drive from the U.S New York border.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Congrats for getting back into your skinny jeans
Quote:

Closed Thread