Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Callianna
Ha ha, you're right, Mae, it only takes 9 months for a baby, so I can hopefully accomplish a lot in that time.

Having said that... went grocery shopping tonight for more eggs and meat, and when I got home started cleaning out the fridge. I thought I had eaten up most of the non-Stillman food, but find myself in a dilemma as to whether to throw out perfectly good avocado, raspberries, nuts, broccoli, cheese, almond milk, protein powder, Greek yogurt, etc. I live alone, so there's no one else around to eat them.

I think my unwasteful side is going to win, especially since none of those things is high carb. I guess I'll just do regular low carb for a few days and once those foods are eaten, I'll go for the pure Stillman. Till then, more like Atkins.

I'll be back... Calli

Last edited by Callianna; 08-16-2013 at 11:07 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O Calli, I would throw all that in a salad as a triumphant goodbye to fatness!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pleasant night, y'all.......this cold is still kicking my butt. No appetite, eating chicken soup the last week. Everything tastes like carp. I think I've lost another five pounds.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Hope you feel better very soon, CC!

I managed to get rid of most all of the non-QWL food, I think. I'll at least be 90% QWC.

I read on one of the Stillman boards that some people advise against using caffeine and artificial sweeteners (which supposedly cause a bit of insulin rise) and cheese, despite what the book says. Do any of you steer clear of those?

I won't be eating cottage cheese because I think the carbs are too high and I don't even like it much... BUT he did say other lowfat cheese, so I was thinking about having the occasional light string cheese, and maybe even a spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt (much higher protein than the regular yogurt he mentions in his book) on fish or something.

Sweeteners, I like being able to chew sugarless gum sometimes.

It's all a grand experiment, I guess. : )
Old 08-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ychristo
WOE: atkins/moderate carbs
Start Date: 8/6/2013
I agree with you ...People really try and pressure you to eat when you've said no a hundred times. I had that same experience last week and the person was annoying me by saying jealous things..but she then followed what I was eating..
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 195.2/190.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: August 8, 2014 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callianna View Post
Hope you feel better very soon, CC!

I managed to get rid of most all of the non-QWL food, I think. I'll at least be 90% QWC.

I read on one of the Stillman boards that some people advise against using caffeine and artificial sweeteners (which supposedly cause a bit of insulin rise) and cheese, despite what the book says. Do any of you steer clear of those?

I won't be eating cottage cheese because I think the carbs are too high and I don't even like it much... BUT he did say other lowfat cheese, so I was thinking about having the occasional light string cheese, and maybe even a spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt (much higher protein than the regular yogurt he mentions in his book) on fish or something.

Sweeteners, I like being able to chew sugarless gum sometimes.

It's all a grand experiment, I guess. : )
Oddly, I actually like cottage cheese now! I bought a non generic kind and it tastes a bit sweet, but has no added sugar or anything. Im shocked as its non-fat and I used to gag at just the thought of eating it. So your taste preferences may change---I know mine have!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O Calli, I would throw all that in a salad as a triumphant goodbye to fatness!!!!!!!!!
WHAT she said, Calli. LOL.
CCG, get better darn it!
Hi Anon, Mar922, ychristo, Mary & everyone. Hope your woe's are working. I'm doing more M/E lately, it seems to work for me for now. Take care all and will check in soon. I post in the M/E thread too if anyone gets over there. Hugs
Old 08-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondiegirl
Stats: 230/156/120
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Hey guys! I was around like a year ago, and now I'm back to finally lose the weight. I have real issues with binge eating, and I've realised that I have to eliminate anything that triggers me, and that's mostly carbs.

How lean does the meat have to be? I know strict Stillman's is very, very specific about what types of meat you can have, but if I wanted to be a bit more liberal, would pork chop be okay?

I'll eat eggs, chicken (loooads of chicken!), some tuna (used to love it, now I can barely stomach it...), ground beef (do I need to go for the low fat ones?)... Hrm, what else could I eat? Salmon's too fat, right?
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the well wishes, all.

some have had great success with the occasional string cheese, and Getting There lost most of her 125 lbs. eating salmon. So the jury's out........go for the pork chop! Nowadays they leave so little fat on meat it's a sin if you ask me
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Coming out of lurkedom, do any of you eat lean turkey? The ground turkey?
Just curious.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
I haven't but that is a great idea.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Hi all, I'm back. Cupboards and fridge finally cleared out and I'm ready to begin in earnest. I have 140-ish pounds to lose, so am planning on doing one week Stillman alternated with one week induction.

Stevie, I'm planning on eating ground turkey. I love those precooked turkey breakfast sausage patties with my scrambled eggs.

CCGirl, thanks for the feedback on string cheese (and hope you're feeling better!) I plan on using light string cheese, also.

Blondie, I plan on enjoying both lean pork chops and lean steak as well!

It's so great to be able to come on this message board and compare notes. Glad you all are here, making me feel a little less crazy for trying such an extreme diet!

Calli

Start date August 20, 2013: 271.2 pounds

Last edited by Callianna; 08-20-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NewBride
Hi Everyone:

I started a modified Stillman's diet today and tomorrow I will start the official program. I am really excited and amped to get this weight off. I am 5'1 and 180 pds. I feel most comfortable at 125, so I need to lose over 50 pounds to reach that goal. My first mini goal is 25 pounds (not too mini..lol). I have an event coming up in a month. I know that a 25 pound weight loss in that time frame is a bit ambitious, but I am going to try and get as close to it as possible.

I loveee dairy, so I am nervous that cheese will be my downfall. I already exercise, so I am going to keep that going. I am also going to incorporate a diet pill for maximum benefits. I know some people are opposed to dietary supplements, but I need to get this weight off as quickly as possible.

I am getting married and would like to be able to feel beautiful when I pick out a wedding dress. Unfortunately, at this size I won't. I refuse to put on a wedding dress or do any wedding planning until I have lost at least 10% of my body weight. I know it seems harsh, but I guess I'm trying to show myself some tough love...lol.

Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks and Good Luck!!

Sw: 180
Mini Goal Wt : 165
Gw: 125-130
Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stevie, ground turkey rocks! Just don't get the premade burgers cuz they're LOADED with sodium!

Bride, working out will dun the cheese, YMMV, but go for it and tweak later!

ugh, coughing up lots of carp today and no appetite again.....loving wasting away, tho.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bride, I got married two years ago at size 8 and I was feeling great, you will so do it!

Now size six and jeans are falling off me but I'm moving soon so don't know if I should buy some size fours or just look shabby with less to move LOL.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Coming out of lurkedom, do any of you eat lean turkey? The ground turkey?
Just curious.
I do. I bought a ton of the 99% lean ground turkey last week when it was half price. Its pretty tasteless on its own, but I put in omelets for added protein and its not so bad.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Welcome, NewBride! I just started today, too! I will be really rooting for you, because my daughter is getting married soon, too! (Well, in 9 months.) That's my biggest motivation for losing weight, along with better health, of course.

I hear you on the cheese. I could probably go on a cheese diet and be perfectly happy. Am going to try and keep it to a minimum, though, because some people have said it slows things down. I did get some light string cheese and some Alpine Lace Light Swiss, which I think will be great melted on chicken breast or burgers.

Tonight my fridge is stocked-- pork chops, chicken breast, Canadian bacon, turkey sausage, eggs, eggs, eggs, lowfat cheese, steak, and a big pot roast that I'm going to put in the crock pot and eat ALL BY MYSELF. : )

Had a bit of tiredness and headache today, but took a short nap and then felt better. Hunger is already diminished. Have to keep reminding myself to drink.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Calliana,

I use laughing cow light. Its processed, but low in carbs and fat. I use the French onion in tuna, and the Swiss and sun dried tomato in omelets. It adds a bit of flavor to my lean protein.

Does anyone make a "wrap" of sorts using egg white? I remember getting an egg white sandwich at subway once and they used a flat piece of cooked egg whites. I think I may be able to use it to make an alternate type sandwich.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Anonymousity, that's so funny that you mentioned Laughing Cow, because I had some of the Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow on my steak for dinner! Very tasty.

THANKS for that egg white idea! That would be really good, filled with some cottage cheese and tuna and dill or something like that.

Question for all that I'm sure has been asked lots of times before: How long do you do Stillman at a stretch? I had been thinking of alternating each week with induction because I read one girl's story of how she lost 49 pounds in 2 months (so great!!) but also lost a bunch of her hair. I'm conflicted, because I really want to see what I'm capable of losing if I just stay on it for a couple months, but I do NOT want to lose what little hair I have, especially with that wedding coming up!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Two whole pounds down since yesterday morning, even with having a big ole' steak late last night! Very excited!

August 20 --- 271.2
August 21 --- 269.2
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
UGH!

Its my last week of work, I am working at Manito Ahbee this week (biggest international pow wow competition). So I am working about 65 hrs this week AND I have my BF's mom's wedding on Saturday and I start school on Monday! I am so Tired and I am eating well during the day but I get to the pow wow and its all carbs! I have been trying to eat more of the soup and stay away from the muffins and donuts (luckily I hate donuts) BUT they have Bannock and although its just a heavy bread I don't get it very often so I am enjoying that.....

Anyways I am popping in to say hi and rant about how tired I am and how deliciously bad bannock is haha
Old 08-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
UGH!

Its my last week of work, I am working at Manito Ahbee this week (biggest international pow wow competition). So I am working about 65 hrs this week AND I have my BF's mom's wedding on Saturday and I start school on Monday! I am so Tired and I am eating well during the day but I get to the pow wow and its all carbs! I have been trying to eat more of the soup and stay away from the muffins and donuts (luckily I hate donuts) BUT they have Bannock and although its just a heavy bread I don't get it very often so I am enjoying that.....

Anyways I am popping in to say hi and rant about how tired I am and how deliciously bad bannock is haha
You rant dear, Hope your week gets better. Mae
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Bride, I got married two years ago at size 8 and I was feeling great, you will so do it!

Now size six and jeans are falling off me but I'm moving soon so don't know if I should buy some size fours or just look shabby with less to move LOL.
Welcome NewBride!! Get well already CCgirl. darn you. Well you do have less to move around now that you've lost some. LOL.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Our thread's growing with more lovely losers, so saying hi to ALL of you, and not forgetting anyone. LOL> Hugs to all. Just checking in to see what's up, with all of ya. WTG for everyone's weight losses. Proud of you all.
I know everyone will do fine, ya better.

I weighed in this morning and an 8.8 drop this week. Last week I weighed 245.8 and down to 237 even. So I'm diggin on it. lol. Getting closer to 200, yippie. 217 will be my 100 lb marker, so not far from first major goal. Hugs and good luck to all. Mae
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Hey Mar, I bet that good bread is a comfort when you're having to work such long hours. If you hardly ever get to have it, ENJOY it! It sounds like a special gathering.

And Mae--that is an AWESOME weight loss for the week! Standing ovation!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone else use flavor enhancers in your water? Did it hinder your weight loss? I drink most of my water plain, but being able to have a sweet drink every now and then is such a big help.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #87
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Does anyone else use flavor enhancers in your water? Did it hinder your weight loss? I drink most of my water plain, but being able to have a sweet drink every now and then is such a big help.
I add fresh mint, sliced cucumber and Lemon. Let it marry and it is very refreshing. Sometimes I just use cucumber and strawberries. I avoid food color additives as much as possible.
Another tastey water us blueberry decaf tea. By the tea, brew it and then ice a half gallon. Add stevia if you want it sweeter.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I add lemon to my water. I squeeze a lemon into a pitcher and keep it in the fridge. My losses don't seem to be hindered by it.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy for you losers!

still feel like carp, on my fourth day of antibiotics and Mucinex, I decided this HAS to be a sinus infection........ugh
Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
So I re-read the Stillman book and decided to do a week of Stillman. I'll break this with veggies next Sunday and then decide if I'm doing another week of Stills or switch to Atkins.

My meals will be eggs, chicken breast and lean hamburger patties,

Happy Stillman's losing to everyone!
Closed Thread