Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: messinadress
Stats: 240/240/135
WOE: Clean Eating
Start Date: 01/21/2013
Starting and Stopping Success

Hello! I'm curious to hear about the Stillman followers who have started and stopped over the weeks/months/years. Have you had the same successes? I'm asking because I was once a successful low-carber. I dropped 35lbs in about 2 1/2 months my first time doing it. Since then I've been on and off for a few years and have found the losses are slow or aren't coming at all. I did Atkins proper in January, and did not lose a single pound. I was even reading his book and counting calories.

So I guess I'm wondering is Stillman's like that? Do you only get your "one shot" like in Atkins/low fat low carb? Another question I have is what are your daily menus like and calorie counts like? I've been reading about some people only eating 2 HB eggs as a meal, 1 hamburger patty as a meal, etc. I would think I'd be so hungry. Right now I'm doing Focus T25 for exercise, and eating "healthy". My calories are about 1800 a day. A typical lunch is a large salad loaded w/ veggies and meat like chicken or salmon, and a cup of Amy's organic soup. Breakfast is greek yogurt and some berries. Sometimes I add a small amount of granola. I haven't brought myself to try low carb again because it's so restrictive for me and doesn't bring the losses.

Of course after a great week of eating clean, and doing T25 and feeling really good, I've lost 1lb. usually the first week gives you a nice loss of several pounds. It's usually water weight, but is encouraging and keeps you in the game. I'm working so hard for the weight loss, and I'm terrified that I won't lose anything just like Atkins and the rest of the eating plans I've tried unsuccessfully since then. It's discouraging, and for my weight 240, 5' 6", 28 yrs old, the losses should be coming quicker. Although truthfully, for all the different diets I've tried this year, I haven't had much first week weight loss. This has never happened to me before and is truthfully a little scary, as if I'm trapped inside my own body.

What do you recommend? Should I give Stillman's a shot? I'm just afraid of not being able to handle it on top of the T25 workouts, and I guess I'm even more afraid of not succeeding. And the veggies, it'll be so weird without veggies. How do you do it? Thank you so much for "listening".
messinadress is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by messinadress View Post
Hello! I'm curious to hear about the Stillman followers who have started and stopped over the weeks/months/years. Have you had the same successes? I'm asking because I was once a successful low-carber. I dropped 35lbs in about 2 1/2 months my first time doing it. Since then I've been on and off for a few years and have found the losses are slow or aren't coming at all. I did Atkins proper in January, and did not lose a single pound. I was even reading his book and counting calories.

So I guess I'm wondering is Stillman's like that? Do you only get your "one shot" like in Atkins/low fat low carb? Another question I have is what are your daily menus like and calorie counts like? I've been reading about some people only eating 2 HB eggs as a meal, 1 hamburger patty as a meal, etc. I would think I'd be so hungry. Right now I'm doing Focus T25 for exercise, and eating "healthy". My calories are about 1800 a day. A typical lunch is a large salad loaded w/ veggies and meat like chicken or salmon, and a cup of Amy's organic soup. Breakfast is greek yogurt and some berries. Sometimes I add a small amount of granola. I haven't brought myself to try low carb again because it's so restrictive for me and doesn't bring the losses.

Of course after a great week of eating clean, and doing T25 and feeling really good, I've lost 1lb. usually the first week gives you a nice loss of several pounds. It's usually water weight, but is encouraging and keeps you in the game. I'm working so hard for the weight loss, and I'm terrified that I won't lose anything just like Atkins and the rest of the eating plans I've tried unsuccessfully since then. It's discouraging, and for my weight 240, 5' 6", 28 yrs old, the losses should be coming quicker. Although truthfully, for all the different diets I've tried this year, I haven't had much first week weight loss. This has never happened to me before and is truthfully a little scary, as if I'm trapped inside my own body.

What do you recommend? Should I give Stillman's a shot? I'm just afraid of not being able to handle it on top of the T25 workouts, and I guess I'm even more afraid of not succeeding. And the veggies, it'll be so weird without veggies. How do you do it? Thank you so much for "listening".
I haven't tried Stillman's before it is only my second day so I can't really talk about weight loss on this WOE.

I have done Atkins before and lost loads of weight but I was only 18 - I am 10 years older now and I do think this makes a difference. The other thing I was thinking about recently is that maybe we are really 'strict' the first time (I know I was) but we are not that strict on subsequent attempts.

I have recently been doing JUDDD and found I lost really well on the plan and found it easy to stick to (I lost about 15lb in 6 weeks) so maybe this is a completely different WOE for you to try? I am doing Stillman's at the minute because I need to lose 10lb's quickly in time for a wedding.

I'm not finding Stillman's that difficult because I am only doing it for a short period - 21 days, I think its much easier to handle in short burst. Not having the veggies is not a huge deal to me, I only ever ate a small handful on Atkins anyway.

Why don't you just give it a shot, you have nothing to lose and only a slimmer you to gain. If you find it too difficult then just stop and try something else.
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
HI Messinadress-

The difference between Atkins and Stillmans is mainly the FAT. Stillman's is low fat, high protein and Atkins is high fat, high protein.

I can not lose eating lots of fats. So Stillman's best for me and I do often add a plain romaine salad with vinegar only.

Try Stillman's, keep fat out, and carbs out. You will have success, come do our 21 day loss, with us!
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
LCD
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCD
Stats: 167/142/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2012
I never post, just lurk - but thought I would answer your question. I did my first round of Stillman's when I was 23 and dropped lots of weight very quickly - as in a month I was down from 145 lbs to 124 lbs. I am now 56 years old and have done the quick weight loss diet several times through the years with great success. I followed the diet to the letter each time, after about 3 days it is easier to follow due to ketosis and loss of appetite. I did this diet in 2011 - from end of March (2oth or so) until May 1st and dropped from 168 lbs to 135 lbs. It is a success every time and you do need to follow it per the plan the Dr. states - no cheats, don't eat anything off plan. I ate all the eggs, meat, and cottage cheese I could handle, again after day 3 not hungry, but did eat. Exercise was walking 5 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes and light weights 2 - 3 days a week - and did not start that until week 3 of the diet plan. After weight loss just watched carbs and I have maintained for most of the year and 2 months since - if I started to gain, I went back to the QWL plan for a couple of weeks and was good to go. You can find the sticky of the plan at the top of the Stillman's page - promise if you follow it to the letter, you are going to be amazed at the quick loss of weight you have. If you cheat, it definitely will set you back a day or two for losing.
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCD View Post
I never post, just lurk - but thought I would answer your question. I did my first round of Stillman's when I was 23 and dropped lots of weight very quickly - as in a month I was down from 145 lbs to 124 lbs. I am now 56 years old and have done the quick weight loss diet several times through the years with great success. I followed the diet to the letter each time, after about 3 days it is easier to follow due to ketosis and loss of appetite. I did this diet in 2011 - from end of March (2oth or so) until May 1st and dropped from 168 lbs to 135 lbs. It is a success every time and you do need to follow it per the plan the Dr. states - no cheats, don't eat anything off plan. I ate all the eggs, meat, and cottage cheese I could handle, again after day 3 not hungry, but did eat. Exercise was walking 5 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes and light weights 2 - 3 days a week - and did not start that until week 3 of the diet plan. After weight loss just watched carbs and I have maintained for most of the year and 2 months since - if I started to gain, I went back to the QWL plan for a couple of weeks and was good to go. You can find the sticky of the plan at the top of the Stillman's page - promise if you follow it to the letter, you are going to be amazed at the quick loss of weight you have. If you cheat, it definitely will set you back a day or two for losing.
LCD - Your weight loss has been fab with the plan - well done

Did you ever include anything like mayo with your tuna? I have been having a small amount but feel like I really shouldn't.
Everything else I am eating plain with just salt/pepper & no veggies.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
LCD
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCD
Stats: 167/142/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_el View Post
LCD - Your weight loss has been fab with the plan - well done

Did you ever include anything like mayo with your tuna? I have been having a small amount but feel like I really shouldn't.
Everything else I am eating plain with just salt/pepper & no veggies.
Not while on plan, I do now when I eat tuna; but during the QWL - did not go off the plan as outlined. It seems tough, but gave up cream in my coffee and still don't drink it with. Anything is doable when you set your mind to it. you will do fantastic, I know you will. If you cannot possibly do without mayo, I would do a very, very small amount to make it edible - have you considered using cottage cheese (smooth it out in the blender) then adding celery salt, eggs, dill to make is taste like tuna salad, that may help.
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCD View Post
Not while on plan, I do now when I eat tuna; but during the QWL - did not go off the plan as outlined. It seems tough, but gave up cream in my coffee and still don't drink it with. Anything is doable when you set your mind to it. you will do fantastic, I know you will. If you cannot possibly do without mayo, I would do a very, very small amount to make it edible - have you considered using cottage cheese (smooth it out in the blender) then adding celery salt, eggs, dill to make is taste like tuna salad, that may help.
Thanks for the suggestion I might try that. I don't like cottage cheese but may give it another go